GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyrone v Dublin

+18
Royal_Girl2k9
Hanahoe
redhandman
bald eagle
patrique
Real Kerry Fan
samin12
mugsys_barber
Grenvile
The Puke
mullins
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
OMAR
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
hipster 2
bocerty
22 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tyrone v Dublin  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrone v Dublin

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:04 pm

It would make sense, as it would indicate a system similar to what worked last year. That would probably result in 3 deep-lying half forwards, and Alan Brogan playing off the front two.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:44 pm

TC I think Ricey would be the first name pencilled in by MH for this one regardless of injuries ...

Mullins think thats very near the starting xv but not sure about the MF combo. Not as great fan of Bastick but he had a very good Leinster Final .... he even scored!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:01 pm

[quote="Jayo Cluxton"]TC I think Ricey would be the first name pencilled in by MH for this one regardless of injuries ...[quote]

Not sure Jayo. With everyone fit and available, he wouldn't be among our best 6 backs anymore, but he is still good enough to do a job, and does bring huge leadership qualities. I'd think that this would be his last year.

And Conor Gormley is the first name on Mickey's teamsheet - has been for years.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:TC I think Ricey would be the first name pencilled in by MH for this one regardless of injuries ...

Mullins think thats very near the starting xv but not sure about the MF combo. Not as great fan of Bastick but he had a very good Leinster Final .... he even scored!

JC i think he will start with that Midfield get what he can out of them-And finish the game with Ross/MDMA. The one thing Giller has to do on Saturday is make quick calls,if something isn't working change it quickly......

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:45 pm

this will be a hell of a week with all the build up and mind games
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 pm

hipster 2 wrote:this will be a hell of a week with all the build up and mind games

True ..... makes me glad Tyrone are going to beat us by 8 points .... Wink
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 pm

hipster 2 wrote:this will be a hell of a week with all the build up and mind games

3days 20 hours 3 mins

Ticking clock [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 pm

well talking to lads tonight at training some think we be slaughtered others we might scrape a win and me well , dublin would have beat longford armagh and roscommon handy and they still would be saying we could not beat tyrone , but dublin are a good strong footballing team and they will have to much for tyrone , but if we leave gaps or any sillly mistakes tyrone will take them , its great seeing mickey harte playing mind games is there anyone better than him at it i suppose maybe fergie
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:15 pm

I reckon there could be 60k or so at this one. Hope its a better evening than the previous time we played on Sat. A few beers in the open air - and hopefully a few happier ones after.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:TC I think Ricey would be the first name pencilled in by MH for this one regardless of injuries ...

funnily enough i was chattign to a few lads tonight about the game and we were on about Ricey, i felt perhaps we might be better advised to leave Ricey in reserve and go with Justy McMahon, but the others figured such was the respect/loyalty he had for Ricey Mickey will never drop him and that he would start him for definite. Might be a game that could suit Ricey better than we think.

Also got an update on Marty Swifts injury, his nose is not broken but there is a slight fracture which is not enough to keep him out of the game, however in an unfortunate twist of fate he has a more problematic hip problem (not sure if he picked it up on Saturday night) and there is more danger of that keeping him out of the team.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:01 am

mullins wrote: 3days 20 hours 3 mins
Very Happy

Does that take into account the 15 minute delay in getting the Dubs out of the pubs? Very Happy
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:29 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
mullins wrote: 3days 20 hours 3 mins
Very Happy

Does that take into account the 15 minute delay in getting the Dubs out of the pubs? Very Happy

We'll be there in plenty of time - sure we'll have been on the lash since 10.30am .... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:17 am

Theres a fair sense of optimism in Tyrone ahead of this game, no one being too cocky but just quietly confident. Its the first time in a while we have met Dublin were they are starting as slight favourites so there is a bit of extra pressure on them.

Not sure what our starting 15 will be but more than likely Mickey will go with the 15 who started against Roscommon on Saturday. Personally i would like to see Justy McMahon starting as he would add a bit of height to the defence.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:37 am

Low key enough around these parts - except for the Herald! All depends on what Dublin team turns up on Saturday night. If they play to their ability they are well capable of winning and will have some good options on the bench - esp at MF. Be interesting to see what tactics Giller and MH deploy. I'd say there is a lot of second guessing going on this week. Cavs return to from is a worry from a Dublin POV and I would man mark him from the start - if you can man mark him! I'd have Barry Cahill in his shorts. Hope Connolly can show his form in a big game - he has it - but doesn't show it often enough. Have been happy enough with the defence this year but would worry if Cav is running at us from deep. Shades of '08 affraid !

Anyone around for pre-match aperitifs?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:43 am

bocerty wrote:
Not sure what our starting 15 will be but more than likely Mickey will go with the 15 who started against Roscommon on Saturday. Personally i would like to see Justy McMahon starting as he would add a bit of height to the defence.

I'd also go with Justy to replace Ricey (if Swift is fit), although I'd worry that he has been hampered with injuries all summer, and doesn't look as sharp as you'd expect. I'd also have Penrose in for Tommy McGuigan, thought that too would depend on Marty's fitness.

I hope that Brian McGuigan is played closer to goal that he has in some games. The best position for him now is off a 2 man full-forward line, not dissimilar to what we will probably see Alan Brogan play for Dublin. I'd be going with Coney & Donnelly, and Brian off them, with Harte/Penrose/Colm Cav foraging out the field.

Would also be nice to think that Cassidy was fit for 20 minutes of running at the end, especially when Hughes tires, as Dublin will be bringing on 2 new midfielders at that point.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:46 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Low key enough around these parts - except for the Herald! All depends on what Dublin team turns up on Saturday night. If they play to their ability they are well capable of winning and will have some good options on the bench - esp at MF. Be interesting to see what tactics Giller and MH deploy. I'd say there is a lot of second guessing going on this week. Cavs return to from is a worry from a Dublin POV and I would man mark him from the start - if you can man mark him! I'd have Barry Cahill in his shorts. Hope Connolly can show his form in a big game - he has it - but doesn't show it often enough. Have been happy enough with the defence this year but would worry if Cav is running at us from deep. Shades of '08 affraid !

Anyone around for pre-match aperitifs?

i would be certain that the space afforded to Cavanagh on Saturday night will be kept to a premium, but the Dubs are going to have to do it without fouling him in key areas, as are Tyrone with Brogan. Not only could the number of frees scored be critical but the number of yellows picked up by either side could be more important.

If fit i could see Penrose getting the nod over Coney, not only for his free taking but for his general work rate, tackling and speed. Coney is a good footballer but doesnt offer much in the trenches and Saturday night will be no place for passengers.

pre-match apertifs???? Only if your buying Jayo
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:51 am

Jaysus Boc will you spend some of that Communion money before it stops being legal tender ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Jaysus Boc will you spend some of that Communion money before it stops being legal tender ....

your probably for the premium level anyway - another free night for Jayo!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:13 pm

bocerty wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Jaysus Boc will you spend some of that Communion money before it stops being legal tender ....

your probably for the premium level anyway - another free night for Jayo!!!!!

Not fooking likely. Just texted the brother to stick me down for a ticket but he got his last week Sad Probably end up surrounded by Tyronies who have become 'experts' since 2003! Laughing As long as I don't have TC in me ear .... Might head for the Hill though they always give me dirty looks when I have the zimmer with me .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Hopefully, this quarter-final lasts a bit longer than 40 seconds.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Hopefully, this quarter-final lasts a bit longer than 40 seconds.

As far as I know its down for 70 mins regulation time .... with ET if required.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:41 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Hopefully, this quarter-final lasts a bit longer than 40 seconds.

Yes but I fear it may be over as a contest inside the minute.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Yes but I fear it may be over as a contest inside the minute.

No ... I expect a bigger challenge than that from Tyrone ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Roll on Saturday ...........

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:52 pm

Joe McQuillan appointed as the ref - is that going to have much bearing on the game for either side.

Bit surprised at an Ulster ref considering there is an Ulster team involved. Could be worse mind you one of the chuckle brothers from Sligo could have been the job!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next