GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyrone v Dublin

+18
Royal_Girl2k9
Hanahoe
redhandman
bald eagle
patrique
Real Kerry Fan
samin12
mugsys_barber
Grenvile
The Puke
mullins
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
OMAR
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
hipster 2
bocerty
22 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tyrone v Dublin  - Page 6 Empty Re: Tyrone v Dublin

Post  OMAR Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Ive looked again at the videos of all games this year
Ive replayed last years clash 4 times
Ive got the feedback from training
Ive studied the team selections in detail
Ive graphed the momentum of both sides coming into this crucial tie
Ive reviewed the strenght in depth of the respective squads selected
Ive tried to look through and establish what the real squad selection will be
Ive analysed the confidence demanour of the back room teams
Ive had a look at the weather forecast and the wind direction

So Ive down a thorough bit of homework and have carefully crunched the data
And have arrived at firm decision as to where Omar will invest his last few Schekels for tomorrows game

The winners of this tie will be the team that defend the Hill 16 end in the first half.
(as was the case in all games last weekend and as was the case in the same fixture last year)

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote: they will have to look back to last year and remember it was the non stop pressure that paid off against Tyrone. They will have to repeat that effort

That is also what I'd expect from Dublin. For all the goal scoring exploits of the springtime, Gilroy will be using the same tactic that worked last year. A deep defence, pressure Tyrone when they are near scoring territroy, and hit on the counter. It worked last year, and it worked for Donegal against us this year also, so hard to see Gilroy trying anything different.

Assuming O'Gara doesn't start, I'd be expecting another defensive player to come in. Cahill and Henry look most likely, but wouldn't be surprised to see Philly McMahon, and Cian O'Sullivan pushed out as a 4th half back.

This game is very unlikely to be an open game with lots of spaces for forwards to move in. Therefore, a good start for Tyrone is crucial, as a 3-4 point lead at half time would force Dublin to be a bit more adventurous, in turn leaving gaps. Conversely, if Dublin get in front, Tyrone will be faced with a big, powerful defensive wall to break through, and our last 3 championship defeats (including Cork 2009) have all been against that type of system.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Oggy-oggy-oggy, oi! oi! oi!
Oggy! Oi! Oggy! Oi!
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:40 pm

Must say I agree with Tyrone's RTE boycott. The taxpayers station often take a step too far. Any Comments?
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:05 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Must say I agree with Tyrone's RTE boycott. The taxpayers station often take a step too far. Any Comments?

Boycott over an internal staffing matter? You having a laugh there RKF? I don't mind them not giving interviews tbh - can never understand what they're saying anyway.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Real Kerry Fan wrote:Must say I agree with Tyrone's RTE boycott. The taxpayers station often take a step too far. Any Comments?

Boycott over an internal staffing matter? You having a laugh there RKF? I don't mind them not giving interviews tbh - can never understand what they're saying anyway.

Tyrone County Board statement released today says it is more than that Jayo.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Tyrone County Board statement released today says it is more than that Jayo.

Sorry - only seeing that now. Think they are completely wrong on this one though.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote: Sorry - only seeing that now. Think they are completely wrong on this one though.

You don't think the RTE sketch was offensive? Genuinely asking, as I haven't heard it yet, or even seen a transcript.

Last edited by Thomas Clarke on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Nor me. I doubt anything so insensitive would have been allowed. Maybe people reading into something and being too inensitive.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Tyrone v Dublin  - Page 6 Empty Let Rocco in

Post  mullins Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Dublin's unofficial mascot - Rocco the dog - will not be able to support his team against Tyrone tomorrow - because he's banned from Croke Park!

The terrier's owner Maria Farrell had managed to sneak him into GAA headquarters for all of Dublin's championship games to date this year, but won't be bringing him along tomorrow due to the 'no dogs' rule at Croker.

"I definitely believe Rocco brings the boys luck during games. It's a shame I cannot bring him along tomorrow," Maria told the Evening Herald.

A season's best crowd of close on 70,000 is expected to attend the All-Ireland SFC quarter-final between two of the biggest rivals in the GAA.

Dublin should refuse to give interviews tomorrow unless ROCCO is allowed in.. Sad
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Tyrone v Dublin  - Page 6 Empty Let Rocco in

Post  mullins Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Dublin's unofficial mascot - Rocco the dog - will not be able to support his team against Tyrone tomorrow - because he's banned from Croke Park!

The terrier's owner Maria Farrell had managed to sneak him into GAA headquarters for all of Dublin's championship games to date this year, but won't be bringing him along tomorrow due to the 'no dogs' rule at Croker.

"I definitely believe Rocco brings the boys luck during games. It's a shame I cannot bring him along tomorrow," Maria told the Evening Herald.

A season's best crowd of close on 70,000 is expected to attend the All-Ireland SFC quarter-final between two of the biggest rivals in the GAA.

Dublin should refuse to give interviews tomorrow unless ROCCO is allowed in.. Sad
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Nor me. I doubt anything so insensitive would have been allowed. Maybe people reading into something and being too inensitive.

Perhaps, although I wouldn't put it past RTE. Hard to make a judgement without hearing it or seeing what was said.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Nor me. I doubt anything so insensitive would have been allowed. Maybe people reading into something and being too inensitive.

Perhaps, although I wouldn't put it past RTE. Hard to make a judgement without hearing it or seeing what was said.

I haven't heard it either - My initial view is that whilst careless it must surely be coincidental or accidental
If inot it should be a sacking offence for all involved which is why I assume (though stress assume) that its not.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Think it was on youtube but now blocked. Seems to be the John Murray Show. Guy is very flippant and pass remarkable at times but thats just the nature. Not a media fan but don't think this is the way to go. Could open a can of worms in terms of what is in contracts re coverage and post match interviews etc. Ths could get a lot bigger.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:33 pm

On behalf of the Tyrone GAA Senior Football Management and Players

A number of weeks ago the Senior Football Manager in conjunction with several other GAA managers wrote a letter marked Private and Confidential to two senior people within the RTÉ organisation. In this letter Mickey Harte expressed his own and a number of other managers’ concern at the disproportionate absence of Brian Carthy from his role as a radio commentator. The contents of the letter made their way into the public domain and the managers’ concerned can categorically state that they were not the source of that leak.

Due to the portrayal of the said letter, at least one other broadcaster within the organisation acted in a most insensitive manner in the choice of their programme dialogue in a morning radio show soon after. Inappropriate references to the fact that the Tyrone manager Mickey Harte was associated with the Dali Lama conference in Limerick and the choice of the song “Pretty Little Girl from Omagh” will give you an indication of the complete lack of sensitivity the presenter in question afforded the Harte family and Michaela’s husband John McAreavey, in what remains for them a very difficult time.

We hope that this statement clarifies for the general public why Mickey Harte, his management team and the players have chosen not to co-operate with RTÉ at this time.

Interviews with all other media outlets will continue as before.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Tyrone v Dublin  - Page 6 Empty 24 hours

Post  mullins Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Come On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In BlueCome On You Boys In Blue..

Dublin By 7
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:04 pm

bocerty wrote:went to watch Tyrone train tonight and considering the game is only 48 hours away the intensity of the session was astonishing, these guys are up for this game in a big way. They were knocking lumps out of each other and it threatened to boil over several times. For the first 30 minutes of the game they played it would appear the rule was goals only and Mugsy top scored with 5 closely followed by Stephen O' Neill & big Sean with 4.

As for the team announced i would have my doubts about it, Swift and Justy McMahon sat out the entire session, looks like Swifts hip is giving him bother but not sure whats wrong with Justy. Seen Coney leaving too much earlier than the rest at a guess he hasnt taken too kindly to being dropped. Still the mood in the camp looks good, roll on Saturday night

i was down watching the junior c s training tonight and the intensity was amazing they battered each other black and blue , there shooting was amazing and so was their speed of play , but hey they are still brutal , its training its never the same as a match . lets hope for a good game tomorrow after the build up all weeek , if tyrone can handle the pace of the dublin runs they will win if not its dublins , dublin will mix long with short passing expect to see bernard been brought out to space to kick over from distance , i feel dublin have enough to control the game but if they give tyrone a sniff tyrone will smell blood .
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  Hanahoe Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:28 pm

yup great site, great debate. In my opinion if Tyrone can match Dublin's fitness, physicality and intensity they will win easily. Odds of 13/8 yesterday 6/4 today seem a give away.
How can triple all Ireland winners be outsiders?

Hanahoe
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Well it looks like the banter, talking down, hyping up, slagging and bragging is over, both sets of fans have stepped away from their keyboards...

Tyrone by 2. Twisted Evil

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Hanahoe wrote:yup great site, great debate. In my opinion if Tyrone can match Dublin's fitness, physicality and intensity they will win easily. Odds of 13/8 yesterday 6/4 today seem a give away.
How can triple all Ireland winners be outsiders?

Welcome to the site Hanahoe!

Tyrone by 4
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Complete anti-climax....
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Men against boys. Hardly any analysis needed though I will say Tyrone were very foolish giving the Dublin forwards so much space. Seven points? Dublin were twenty-seven points the team of Tyrone.

A couple of points I would like to make - don't mean to rub it in - baring in mind this is the first Tyrone game I've seen:
1) Why the calls for new players to be introduced? Swift, the number 2/5 (O'Neill?), Harte, Donnelly are no good. As far as I can see Cavanagh had a decent first half, Stephen O'Neill and Dooher showed energy when brought on and Gormely and Jordan tried hard.
2) According to Bocerty, Tyrone trained for goals. They created zero goal chances yet let Dublin in for three clear cut one-on-ones in the space of about two minutes!!

Tyrone are very ordinary now, and probably will go back to where they were pre-2003.

Dublin onwards and upwards. Did to Tyrone when has been to them in the past. Though I will say, Tyrone were the worst prepared and worst organised team to take on Dublin so far. I suspect Jim McGuinness won't be as naive - I am looking forward to that game.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:Complete anti-climax....

Now you said RG........Worst Tyrone performance I've seen in Croke Park since pre-2003. Absolutely destroyed in every aspect of the game.

Dublin are an excellent side. Great to see Connolly step it up. They will take serious stopping, though so will Donegal.

All provincial finalists through to the last 4. Exactly like the old days.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:Complete anti-climax....

Now you said RG........Worst Tyrone performance I've seen in Croke Park since pre-2003. Absolutely destroyed in every aspect of the game.

Dublin are an excellent side. Great to see Connolly step it up. They will take serious stopping, though so will Donegal.

All provincial finalists through to the last 4. Exactly like the old days.

1-15 they were bettered by Dublin easily. Class performance from Dublin. If they keep their feet on the ground they will be very difficult to beat. Some of the best point scoring seen all year. I was expecting a better match though
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:14 pm

As Loyal said not much need for analysis here
Dublin on top in defence - midfield was a washout and Dublin forwards seemed to each have ten yards on their markers. The lack of pace of Swift, both MCMahons and Sean O neill was difficult to understand. Gormley at least tried to paper a few of the cracks.
Dublin could easily have had 3 or 4 goals which would have made this even worse.

although on the day it would have made no difference Difficult to understand Hartes tactics -
No subs before half time - O Neill at least looked up for it surprised he wasn't given a shout earlier.
After he took McMahon off Connolly it had no impact surely after trying two men - the next option would be a sweeper.
Why was Kyle Coney not given a run ? He had a decent enough first half against Roscommon
Why was Brian MCguigan taken off - he looked a bigger threat than Donnelly orcCavanagh or Mulligan

Though very impressive stuff from the dubs nice balance of defence and then fast and accurate ball into the inside forwards with even more impressive point taking from Connolly and Co. Although if theyconcede 15 points to Donegal (which they have once before ) they won't have as much comfort.

Though all things must point to a Dublin Kerry final at this stage.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next