GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyrone v Dublin

+18
Royal_Girl2k9
Hanahoe
redhandman
bald eagle
patrique
Real Kerry Fan
samin12
mugsys_barber
Grenvile
The Puke
mullins
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
OMAR
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
hipster 2
bocerty
22 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tyrone v Dublin  - Page 8 Empty Re: Tyrone v Dublin

Post  OMAR Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:31 am

OMAR wrote:Ive looked again at the videos of all games this year
Ive replayed last years clash 4 times
Ive got the feedback from training
Ive studied the team selections in detail
Ive graphed the momentum of both sides coming into this crucial tie
Ive reviewed the strenght in depth of the respective squads selected
Ive tried to look through and establish what the real squad selection will be
Ive analysed the confidence demanour of the back room teams
Ive had a look at the weather forecast and the wind direction

So Ive down a thorough bit of homework and have carefully crunched the data
And have arrived at firm decision as to where Omar will invest his last few Schekels for tomorrows game

The winners of this tie will be the team that defend the Hill 16 end in the first half.
(as was the case in all games last weekend and as was the case in the same fixture last year)

Pity i didn't think about this for the Tipster - This is five games on the trot now that the winners have played into the hill in the second half Although unlike last weekend scoring was heavier at the Canal end

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Interesting stats Omar.

One thing that must be said about Tyrone - the older brigade kept on fighting to the end and that was very admirable. Gormely, Dooher, O'Neill.

I know Dublin dominated from start to finish in every area of the pitch but there were moments where you kind of thought if Tyrone get a goal here.... When Gormely intercepted Brogan's pass or the brilliant point O'Neill kicked with about ten to go. Alas they fought hard but the comeback never came.

And two players who really disappointed were the McMahon brothers. Maybe the victims of some naive tactics but still don't think any excuse can be made when you're direct opponent is getting so much space and time.

It appeared to me that Dublin were the fresher and fitter team - always looked in control of what they were doing....whereas Tyrone's build-ups were slow and ponderous, and a lot of hesitancy - hopping the ball on the skiddy surface, taking a stride too many, fumbling the wet ball......there was none of that from Dublin.

Dublin now look a lot more assured side, more confident in themselves, their system and their manager. They are also not influenced by anything that goes on outside the four white lines anymore, and any joy at overcoming a once superpower was not evident in the player's actions after the game.........a pumped fist was the height of the emotion. A group of players on a serious mission.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Tyrone 2-18 : Dublin 0-07

Close ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Close ......

Wrong way around
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Surely All Ireland champions now with a classic on the cards against Kerry.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:40 pm

It is a long time since I enjoyed a Dublin performance like I did last night. From 1-15 (and 17. 21, 22!!) they were superb. Everyone in Dublin knows how good Connolly can be - last night he delivered. He needs to keep delivering. Alan B is a different class this year. The much maligned and underrated Bastick had a super game - as he did in the Leinster Final. Cian O'Sulllivan too was majestic and Paul Flynn excellent - no-one was less than 8/10.

As I wandered up Clonliffe Road it was amazingly quiet. No crowing or singing. Just a feeling of contentment at a job well done but an awareness that there is still a bit to go. Spoke to a good few Tyrone fans who felt MH picked the wrong team. I don't think it mattered with Dublin playing like that. Some today were saying Dooher should have been introduced earlier?? He kicked two woeful wides at the start of the 2nd half - that hardly lifted the team.

Its gas today to find that Tyrone have now become an old and tired team. That the qualifiers caught up on them etc. This from people who were tipping them before throw in. So which is it? 2 and 3 years ago Dublin got hammered by Kerry and Tyrone. They were bottlers. Last night may not have had much to do with Tyrone getting old as a Dublin team that has shown glimpses of brilliance finally deliver 70 minutes of super football.

Again - thank you Dublin for a wonderful evening's entertainment - and to Tyrone for many years of entertainment.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:00 pm

I said it on here after the League final that i seen enough in the first 50 mins to know this Dublin team are going Onwards and Upwards..One day it will come out that Giller seen enough and said HALT...Giller is winning the battles with the Media/Fans/Hype hands down...No one knows what hes going to do next or what players will play....

I never doubted Dublin would win this match,it was one of the best team performances by Dublin since probably 95---There is something unique about Dublin vTyrone contest i have seen them all since the 80s in the championship and you cut the atmosphere with a knife,Rarely have i seen a game between the 2 counties that has being dull...

I think Giller finally got the team right it was our best team out all year,Connolly finally delivered on the promise everybody in Dublin knows he has-Alan gave another master class and by the end of the Game Bernard was moving up a notch thank god..

Man of the Match for me was Flinto he really gave some performance out there yesterday everything that was good went through him,and he finished with 2 points

The back 6 yesterday were immense and all played well as a unit,if you want 1 player to know what this Dublin team is all about look no further than our Mastero Bastick this fella has had more kicks in the mouth as a player with Dublin over the years dropped of panels and now hes on the verge on being one of our leaders,He has this never give a fook attitude which Giller loves in his player......

Everyone of the Dublin players gave everything yesterday,if this continues we will not be far away the next day against Donegal..

For the Tyrone posters on here unlucky Tyrone just didn't have the legs..It wasn't the age that slowed the players down..It was the medals in the back pocket were just to heavy to carry..

Remember you have come along way in a short time....I can see Tyrone been one of our main rivals for a long time....

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:01 pm

[quote="Jayo Cluxton"]

Its gas today to find that Tyrone have now become an old and tired team. That the qualifiers caught up on them etc. This from people who were tipping them before throw in. So which is it? 2 and 3 years ago Dublin got hammered by Kerry and Tyrone. They were bottlers. Last night may not have had much to do with Tyrone getting old as a Dublin team that has shown glimpses of brilliance finally deliver 70 minutes of super football.

1. Back door has been a better route for Tyrone
2. Even though it rises the Dubs - They did kick 17 wides last year and the timing of O Garas goal etc..
3. MCguigan and Cavanagh were both in their best form since 2008
4. I saw the second half last week and thought MCMahon at full back looked at ease
5. I thought the main Dublin threat were the two Brogans with McMahon taking BB and
Gormley or Philip Jordan being a much higher class of opponent than AB had faced this year and that he would curl back into his form of the last 2/3years
6. I thought if things did not start well up front that Stephen o Neill would be on earlier
7. I would never have factored and still can't believe that any of the Tyrone full back line could lose five yards over 20 yards on Connolly
8. I never realised Connolly could kick points all day from 40 yards with both feet ]
9. I never though Kevin Hughes would get beaten on 80% of his own kickout ball.
10. I thought if the Dublin forwards did get the upper hand that Tyrone would play a sweeper.
11. Dublin against wexford did not exactly inspire confidence

What I incorrectly ignored was.

1. Once Again I tried to predict an outcome in August based on form in July which would leave you ignoring the AI winners in 8 or 9 of the last ten years.
2. Dublin gave Cork their closest scare last year so were probably the second best team in the championship
(the down game although a one point game was never in doubt)
3. A year older a year wiser under a good regime.
4. A 3/4 week break to focus mind and body

So I for one was wrong - Just hope I'm wrong again on the 28th.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Yesterday was the first time I've seen Tyrone all season.

I might have been pro-Tyrone in my posts before the match but that was probably the romantic in me hoping that they'd regained some of their best form. Also the idea of Dublin collapsing rather than Tyrone suited my agenda more.

In reality, Tyrone now are no match for Dublin now. Don't think they became tired and old in that game but the cracks had been appearing all year, and last year too. Last night was probably the game though where it all imploded and the cracks finally overcame the brittleness of the support that had held it all together.

As for 70 minutes of brilliance.......I agree - there was no let-up. Though having reviewing my comment: Tyrone were the worst prepared and worst organised team to take on Dublin so far....I still think I'd have to stand by it. Going man-to-man with the Dublin forwards made no sense - in hindsight anyway. Tyrone looked surprised by the short kickouts - and when they got the ball themselves into Dublin's half, they weren't really sure what next. Characterised best by the high number of turnovers from Tyrone hesitatingly bouncing the ball on the wet ground and losing it. All looked very un-Tyrone like. Though saying that, there's still only a handful of teams who'd have been able to profit from Tyrone's mediocrity, and certainly not many who'd have beaten them as emphatically as that.

It's too easy to write off teams upon championship exits but in Tyrone's case, I think they are slowly falling away.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Tyrone v Dublin  - Page 8 Empty In August 09 Raglan Rd

Post  mullins Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:35 pm

In August 09 this song took on a special meaning for ME

On Raglan Road
On Raglan Road on an autumn day I saw her first and knew
That her dark hair would weave a snare that I might one day rue;
I saw the danger, yet I passed along the enchanted way,
And I said, let grief be a fallen leaf at the dawning of the day.

On Grafton Street in November we tripped lightly along the ledge
Of the deep ravine where can be seen the worth of passion's pledge,
The Queen of Hearts still making tarts and I not making hay -
Oh I loved too much and by such by such is happiness thrown away.

I gave her gifts of the mind I gave her the secret sign that's known
To the artists who have known the true gods of sound and stone
And word and tint without stint for I gave her poems to say.
With her own name there and her own dark hair like clouds over fields of May

On a quiet street where old ghosts meet I see her walking now
Away from me so hurriedly my reason must allow
That I had loved not as I should a creature made of clay -
When the angel woos the clay he'd lose his wings at the dawn of day pirat
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:39 pm

Loyal - I was talking about the wider perception rather than you or even posters on this website.

Looking at the Sunday Game there is no doubt Dublin were on fire. I had a bad deja vu feeling when the rain came bucketing down an hour before the game. But thinking about it this evening it may have benefitted Dublin for two reasons - first it is easier to break the tackle in such conditions and secondly guys are less likely to run out of steam than on a sweltering hot evening.

I have said here many times that we have seen teams playing unbeatable football in June, July and even August - but not winning Sam. We have seen teams play like drains in June and July - not so much in August - and winning Sam. The trick for Dublin is to maintain the level of performance they hit last night - and improve on it.

I was not too perturbed by our Leinster final performance - we played badly and won. With no disrespect to Wexford and despite Gilroy drumming it into them - some of the players were probably looking beyond it. They know how near they are now and will take nothing for granted. Interesting month ahead.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Its gas today to find that Tyrone have now become an old and tired team. That the qualifiers caught up on them etc. This from people who were tipping them before throw in. So which is it? 2 and 3 years ago Dublin got hammered by Kerry and Tyrone. They were bottlers. Last night may not have had much to do with Tyrone getting old as a Dublin team that has shown glimpses of brilliance finally deliver 70 minutes of super football.

I might have been pro-Tyrone in my posts before the match but that was probably the romantic in me hoping that they'd regained some of their best form. Also the idea of Dublin collapsing rather than Tyrone suited my agenda more.

In reality, Tyrone now are no match for Dublin now. Don't think they became tired and old in that game but the cracks had been appearing all year, and last year too. Last night was probably the game though where it all imploded and the cracks finally overcame the brittleness of the support that had held it all together.

As for 70 minutes of brilliance.......I agree - there was no let-up. Though having reviewing my comment: Tyrone were the worst prepared and worst organised team to take on Dublin so far....I still think I'd have to stand by it. Going man-to-man with the Dublin forwards made no sense - in hindsight anyway. Tyrone looked surprised by the short kickouts - and when they got the ball themselves into Dublin's half, they weren't really sure what next. Characterised best by the high number of turnovers from Tyrone hesitatingly bouncing the ball on the wet ground and losing it. All looked very un-Tyrone like. Though saying that, there's still only a handful of teams who'd have been able to profit from Tyrone's mediocrity, and certainly not many who'd have beaten them as emphatically as that.

It's too easy to write off teams upon championship exits but in Tyrone's case, I think they are slowly falling away.

Loyal you know nothing about Dublin football
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:49 pm

mullins wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Its gas today to find that Tyrone have now become an old and tired team. That the qualifiers caught up on them etc. This from people who were tipping them before throw in. So which is it? 2 and 3 years ago Dublin got hammered by Kerry and Tyrone. They were bottlers. Last night may not have had much to do with Tyrone getting old as a Dublin team that has shown glimpses of brilliance finally deliver 70 minutes of super football.

Loyal you know nothing about football

Fixhed
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mullins wrote:

Loyal you know nothing about football

Fixhed
MAGIC Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:21 am

Mullins: I understand that the consensus on here is that yourself and Hipster are a nuisance. However I think a forum needs a few posters at the lower end of the IQ scale to initiate debate, etc. That's why I usually hold back on you two in case you're wondering why I've been giving you an easy time of it of late.

So please.....if you disagree with anything I said, post it. The only reply to Loyal you know nothing about Dublin football is a post like this. If you can't produce anything of substance, then I'm sorry for showing you up......
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:25 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Close ......

M'lord ... Lawyers for Mr. mullins and Mr. hip wish to put forward the evidence above in support of the theory that Loyal knows nothing about football ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:26 am

Jayo Cluxton: You're fall from grace has been as dramatic as the one that awaits Dublin in three weeks time. Some terribly poor posts from you these days.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:29 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Jayo Cluxton: You're fall from grace has been as dramatic as the one that awaits Dublin in three weeks time. Some terribly poor posts from you these days.

Loyal - your hatred of Dublin doing well is disappointing but very prevalent outside Dublin ... and is costing you massive points in GT Tipster.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:34 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Jayo Cluxton: You're fall from grace has been as dramatic as the one that awaits Dublin in three weeks time. Some terribly poor posts from you these days.

Loyal - your hatred of Dublin doing well is disappointing but very prevalent outside Dublin ... and is costing you massive points in GT Tipster.

I don't hate Dublin......though I do have favourites in certain aspects of life. Also I predicted Dublin for Sam in the Tipster and posted confidently of my belief that this was their year, all year.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:37 am

Hope you get the points so!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:49 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Mullins: I understand that the consensus on here is that yourself and Hipster are a nuisance. However I think a forum needs a few posters at the lower end of the IQ scale to initiate debate, etc. That's why I usually hold back on you two in case you're wondering why I've been giving you an easy time of it of late.

So please.....if you disagree with anything I said, post it. The only reply to Loyal you know nothing about Dublin football is a post like this. If you can't produce anything of substance, then I'm sorry for showing you up......

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:12 am

Congratulations to Dublin. Their performance on Saturday night was fast, powerful and in no way lacking in skill. Their handling was superb in the wet. Pat Gilroy had prepared his side brilliantly, and they were flying into the ball from the throw in, despite a few weeks lay-off. Dublin cleaned out Tyrone on the broken ball in a fashion similar to Tyrone themselves in their prime. The defence generally had the better of their men, midfield was solid, and the forwards, getting quality ball, gave the Tyrone backs the run around. 20 points from play on a wet nice, is great stuff, whoever you are playing.

Dublin had standout performers all over the pitch, but Cian O'Sullivan especially caught my eye, and you'd never believe he has been out all season. A very fine athlete. Obviously Diarmuid Connelly was the main man. On a night when the Brogans were reasonably well contained (given the amount of ball going their way), Connelly was superb, and gave perhaps the best display of any forward this summer.

For the first time in a long, long time, Dublin have the best team in the country, and I do think that the all-ireland is their's to lose. Donegal will be physically a tougher prospect than Tyrone, but Dublin have more scoring power, and I expect them to win that. Assuming that they don't freeze like in 2009, Dublin have the ability to run through Tom O'Sullivan, Brosnan and O'Mahony just as easily as they did the likes of Jordan and Gormley.

When I wrote my 'farewell to Kerry & Tyrone' post exactly 12 months ago, the consensus on here was that I had been a tad premature. Now, whatever about Kerry (and I still expect to be proven right on that one before the summer is out), it is fair to say that Tyrone are, sadly, well over the hill.

It is easy to question Mickey Harte's selction and tactics, with none of the 3 players he brought into the side (Justy, Penrose and Mugsy) appearing to be fit/sharp. Conor Gormley spent the first half marking space on the right wing, instead of dropping in front of Dublin's FF line or, better still instead of marking Connelly. A sweeper would have helped us hang in the game in the first half, when most people would have expected Dublin to be flying. To go on would be easy, but unfair. The truth is that Dublin would have won the game no matter what side Mickey sent out.

I'll talk more about Tyrone and rebuilding in a separate post, but will finish this one by answering Mossbags question about how Tyrone only lost by 7 points, when we could probably have lost by 15? Quite simply, that was because the heart and pride that saw them become triple all-ireland champions is still there, even though the legs have gone. Strangely, I was as proud of our side in salvaging some respect in defeat as I have been in many of our victories. Well done to Messrs Dooher, Hughes, Jordan and all the rest - class acts to the very end.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:34 am

On another note not previously mentioned I thought McQuillan had a poor game with the whistle.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:37 am

ThomasClarke wrote:For the first time in a long, long time, Dublin have the best team in the country, and I do think that the all-ireland is their's to lose.

I would not go that far.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:40 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
ThomasClarke wrote:For the first time in a long, long time, Dublin have the best team in the country, and I do think that the all-ireland is their's to lose.

I would not go that far.

I would, and with some confidence. I acknowledge that Tyrone's aging legs perhaps flattered them a bit, but Kerry's are just as aging, even moreso in defence. Donegal may be present the biggest threat, as they will be very tight defensively and physically competitive.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next