GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyrone v Dublin

+18
Royal_Girl2k9
Hanahoe
redhandman
bald eagle
patrique
Real Kerry Fan
samin12
mugsys_barber
Grenvile
The Puke
mullins
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
OMAR
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
hipster 2
bocerty
22 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tyrone v Dublin  - Page 5 Empty Re: Tyrone v Dublin

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Anyone seen the weather forecast for the weekend?? Twisted Evil
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:31 pm

if mulligan starts they wont beat dublin , be a great addition coming off the bench , nothing in this tyrone team would have me quaking but in saying that we have to meet them head on and not let them get into a groove we have to keep them unsettled and keep the pressure on , mistakes this game will come down to mistakes
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:43 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
mullins wrote:Will Harte go with the same 15 Question

Assuming that everyone is fit, the only players under pressure would be Ricey, Tommy McGuigan and possibly Coney

If Swift is out, then Ricey will definitely start, and Justy McMahon will come in. If Swift is fit, then Justy could still replace Ricey.

Penrose would be the most likely replacement for Tommy/Coney, although Mickey might feel that it is time to let Mugsy off the leash, having made him wait all summer.

Spot on again TC!

Although Ricey is not named amongst the subs I would say he is amongst the 26 names that are sent down to Croke. I'm not sure if Swift will start or not - We could possibly see either Carlin or Ricey filling this position.

Not long to go now lads - Excitement is building momentum, lift sorted and just got my hands on the ticket - 331 in the lower Hogan - Happy days Very Happy

I take it swift is out and ricey to start-more or less the same team as last year Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  samin12 Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:45 pm

think Tyrone will win handy enough to be honest. 5 or 6 points. Their forwards are playing some stuff. Joe McMahon is the best full back in Ireland (possibly the best all round player in Ireland). Well assisted by Gormley, Jordan, McMenamin.

Think the only team that can stop Tyrone is Kerry and i wouldnt even be too sure they will do it either. Crying or Very sad

samin12
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

armagh
Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:46 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:

Anyone seen the weather forecast for the weekend?? Twisted Evil

Thanks Mugsy love that clip... Laughing
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Mullins - Another one of my favourites
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:00 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:

Mullins - Another one of my favourites

Mugsy he fouled the ball,only for that goal you were fooked that day Cool
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:03 pm

Fouled the ball scratch
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:06 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:Fouled the ball scratch

Sorry mugsy i didn't even look at it, thought it was the goal from the first game... Wink

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:23 pm

OMAR wrote:Ive been rebuked about this type of stuff before - From now on I watch the games from Harrys Crosbies Big Wheel

Thats a good call if you support Donegal.....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:36 pm

[quote="mullins"]
mugsys_barber wrote:Fouled the ball scratch

Sorry mugsy i didn't even look at it, thought it was the goal from the first game... Wink

[/quote

No bother big lad, Theres just soooo many to choose from like, Hopefully we have another to add to the collection on Saturday evening cheers
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:49 pm

43 hours and 10 minutes .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Just saw the Tyrone team. Ricey dropped?no steve O'Neill? Believe that lineout if you wish. Evil or Very Mad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:02 am

went to watch Tyrone train tonight and considering the game is only 48 hours away the intensity of the session was astonishing, these guys are up for this game in a big way. They were knocking lumps out of each other and it threatened to boil over several times. For the first 30 minutes of the game they played it would appear the rule was goals only and Mugsy top scored with 5 closely followed by Stephen O' Neill & big Sean with 4.

As for the team announced i would have my doubts about it, Swift and Justy McMahon sat out the entire session, looks like Swifts hip is giving him bother but not sure whats wrong with Justy. Seen Coney leaving too much earlier than the rest at a guess he hasnt taken too kindly to being dropped. Still the mood in the camp looks good, roll on Saturday night

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:28 am

bocerty wrote:went to watch Tyrone train tonight and considering the game is only 48 hours away the intensity of the session was astonishing, these guys are up for this game in a big way. They were knocking lumps out of each other and it threatened to boil over several times. For the first 30 minutes of the game they played it would appear the rule was goals only and Mugsy top scored with 5 closely followed by Stephen O' Neill & big Sean with 4.

And that was just when they were parking their cars!! Fook - I think we should give Saturday a skip altogether!! Would ya clear off Boc - they probably thought it was the county c'ship and so were knocking sh1te out of each other. Wait til Saturday .. and the REAL thing ... Twisted Evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:50 am

Dublin by at least 4.

But can they beat donegal
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Tyrone v Dublin  - Page 5 Empty Dublin Team

Post  mullins Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:45 am

Stephen Cluxton
Michael Fitzsimons
Rory O’Carroll
Cian O’Sullivan
James McCarthy
Ger Brennan
Kevin Nolan
Denis Bastick
Eamon Fennell
Paul Flynn
Alan Brogan
Bryan Cullen [capt]
Eoghan O’Gara
Diarmuid Connolly
Bernard Brogan
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:42 am

The inclusion of O'Gara looks like a red-herring to keep Tyrone guessing. If they named Cahill or Henry in that slot, then Tyrone would know to expect 7 out and out defenders. Having said that, O'Gara had probably his best game in a Dublin jersey against Tyrone last year, so perhaps Gilroy really does value his strength and workrate. Still, my guess is that he won't start.

Cian O'Sullivan is a good player, but not sure how strong he would be in the corner, especially if Penrose does push up there (Penrose could, of course, drop much deeper). He has also been out for a long time with injury, so a big ask here, and I'd be tempted to push Penrose up and test how good O'Sullivan is on the back foot.

The rest is as you would expect, unless of course MacAuley is fit and is a late change.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:06 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:The inclusion of O'Gara looks like a red-herring to keep Tyrone guessing. If they named Cahill or Henry in that slot, then Tyrone would know to expect 7 out and out defenders. Having said that, O'Gara had probably his best game in a Dublin jersey against Tyrone last year, so perhaps Gilroy really does value his strength and workrate. Still, my guess is that he won't start.

Cian O'Sullivan is a good player, but not sure how strong he would be in the corner, especially if Penrose does push up there (Penrose could, of course, drop much deeper). He has also been out for a long time with injury, so a big ask here, and I'd be tempted to push Penrose up and test how good O'Sullivan is on the back foot.

The rest is as you would expect, unless of course MacAuley is fit and is a late change.

I would say you enjoy the mind games before games..... Wink
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:16 am

I don't think that Tyrone are playing mind games Mullins. The team selected is the one I predicted, so no reason to smell a rat there. The 15 selected makes sense and, although Id've given Coney another go, Mugsy has been kept on the leash all summer, waiting for the big stage.

The subs are, obviously, not going to resemble the list given. I'd suggest the 11 players to make up the 26 will be:

John Devine
Dermot Carlin
Cathal McCarron
Ryan McMenamin
Davy Harte
Aidan Cassidy
Enda McGinley
Brian Dooher
Stevie O'Neill
Kyle Coney
Tommy McGuigan

Not a bad subs bench to have to call on....
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:57 pm

mullins wrote:Stephen Cluxton
Michael Fitzsimons
Rory O’Carroll
Cian O’Sullivan
James McCarthy
Ger Brennan
Kevin Nolan
Denis Bastick
Eamon Fennell
Paul Flynn
Alan Brogan
Bryan Cullen [capt]
Eoghan O’Gara
Diarmuid Connolly
Bernard Brogan

Not mad about a couple of selections here and feel there will be changes prior to kick-off. Not sure MF combination is our best but there are plenty of options on the bench. Met Dermot Deasy at the drinklink this morning and he was surprised at O'Sullivan but is confident of the win ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:00 pm

The making public of county teams on a Thursday night is something that baffles me, they should make them official on the morning of the game, or as in soccerball a couple of hours before the start.

Oh, and i think this weekends game will end in draw but i fancy Tyrone to win the replay.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I don't think that Tyrone are playing mind games Mullins. The team selected is the one I predicted, so no reason to smell a rat there. The 15 selected makes sense and, although Id've given Coney another go, Mugsy has been kept on the leash all summer, waiting for the big stage.

The subs are, obviously, not going to resemble the list given. I'd suggest the 11 players to make up the 26 will be:

John Devine
Dermot Carlin
Cathal McCarron
Ryan McMenamin
Davy Harte
Aidan Cassidy
Enda McGinley
Brian Dooher
Stevie O'Neill
Kyle Coney
Tommy McGuigan

Not a bad subs bench to have to call on....

the bench is immaterial as stevie got on the last day with 31 on his back . the offical list only goes up to 26 you can name your full panel however.

i think tyrones starting 15 is probably the best 15 available at the minute with any 5 of TC's 11 named only being able to help the cause if called upon.

i fancy tyrone with a few to spare on saturday night maybe 2 points or a goal.

oh and no better stage to unleash the blonde boy from cookstown!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Tyrone are coming with a good run as in 2008. If O'Neill is fully fit it will increase their chances immensly. McAuley is a major loss to Dublin but they will have to look back to last year and remember it was the non stop pressure that paid off against Tyrone. They will have to repeat that effort and if leading near the end dont start admiring your play lads but close out the match. This is a hard one for Dublin to win but is possible. Going for draw. Oh God, the Indo etc..will have a field day with headlines like ' GAAH to get millions from replay' or 'ref blew just as B.Brogan was about to kick 14 yard free for winning point' The usual s****. affraid
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next