GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin GG News

+33
patsymc
Podger
bluearmy1
bald eagle
Parouisa
KerryKatriona
redhandman
hipster 2
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
The Puke
jimbodub
bocerty
Real Kerry Fan
Royal_Girl2k9
Grenvile
black&white
whiterbananas
Floops
Omagh RedHand
Loyal2TheRoyal
mid-mon man
mossbags
OMAR
JimWexford
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
AdamG
RMDrive
Shinners
Jayo Cluxton
mugsys_barber
mullins
37 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Dublin GG News Empty Dublin GG News

Post  mullins Tue May 18, 2010 7:31 pm

Dublin Senior football manager Pat Gilroy will not name his Championship panel until later this week.

Gilroy was due to release his squad by email later today, but has opted to delay the announcement due to a number of injuries.

Dublin travel to Mayo for a challenge match on friday hopefully with his championship panel announced..

Paddy andrews was reinstated to the championship panel after being axed last week under suspicious circumstances..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Dublin GG News Empty Re: Dublin GG News

Post  mugsys_barber Tue May 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Why did Andrews get the chop in the first place Mullins?
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue May 18, 2010 11:26 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:Why did Andrews get the chop in the first place Mullins?

Only God knows mugsby havent a clue Dublin GG News Confused
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed May 19, 2010 12:11 am

When the bottom falls out of your world, take Andrews - and let the world fall out of your bottom!!!

(Can you still buy it?)
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed May 19, 2010 9:05 am

Rumours that some big names going to be axed over the next 48 hours.. Dublin GG News 652864possible players axed Cullen Mcgee-And Brogan fighting for his place...
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Wed May 19, 2010 10:36 am

Cullen and Magee aren't really that much of a surprise as they haven't featured much this year, but I'd be amazed if Alan Brogan didn't make the panel.
Hopefully Giller can take off his blue and white tinted glasses and get rid of Brennan - last year showed he is more of a liability than an asset.
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed May 19, 2010 9:32 pm

mullins wrote:Rumours that some big names going to be axed over the next 48 hours.. Dublin GG News 652864possible players axed Cullen Mcgee-And Brogan fighting for his place...

I presume this is Alan - not Bernard... or Paul. I have always reckoned that Alan woulld be a much better player with a little more coaching. He needs someone to drum it into him to play with his head up. He has loads of ability, pace and can take a score. Where he falls down is his awareness of whats going on around him. But this can be addressed. Maybe we could implant Jayo's brain in Alan's head!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed May 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mullins wrote:Rumours that some big names going to be axed over the next 48 hours.. Dublin GG News 652864possible players axed Cullen Mcgee-And Brogan fighting for his place...

I presume this is Alan - not Bernard... or Paul. I have always reckoned that Alan woulld be a much better player with a little more coaching. He needs someone to drum it into him to play with his head up. He has loads of ability, pace and can take a score. Where he falls down is his awareness of whats going on around him. But this can be addressed. Maybe we could implant Jayo's brain in Alan's head!!

Jc you would think Alan gets enough coaching off his Daddy..As for Jayos brain your born with that you can't clone it yet....Football is all about reading.. Dublin GG News Icon_smile
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed May 19, 2010 10:56 pm

mullins wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Jc you would think Alan gets enough coaching off his Daddy..As for Jayos brain your born with that you can't clone it yet....Football is all about reading.. Dublin GG News Icon_smile

Would you mind sending a copy of that book up to Donegal please Mullins. We seem to have lost our copy.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed May 19, 2010 11:02 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mullins wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Would you mind sending a copy of that book up to Donegal please Mullins. We seem to have lost our copy.

Its called back to basics...Maybe sitting the squad down to watch the 92 final might help till i get a fax machine.. Dublin GG News Icon_razz
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Dublin GG News Empty Re:Dublin GT News

Post  AdamG Fri May 21, 2010 10:46 pm

I was at the Mayo Dublin challenge this evening. Both teams had a lot of players playing that will feature during the championship so it was a good experience for both teams.I was fairly impressed with wing forward Niall Corkery..thought he played very well!
AdamG
AdamG
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri May 21, 2010 10:58 pm

AdamG wrote:I was at the Mayo Dublin challenge this evening. Both teams had a lot of players playing that will feature during the championship so it was a good experience for both teams.I was fairly impressed with wing forward Niall Corkery..thought he played very well!

Score?
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat May 22, 2010 12:13 am

Mayo 1-19 Dublin 14

A lot of work do be done in the next 3 weeks-Midfield was poor as were the forwards corkery done very well the best of that lot quinn looked sharp for the few mins he was on Connolly got a couple of scores to...O carroll looks very steady at 3 Henry started in the half forward started the second half wing back played well..Philly done well when he came on..Kev mc spent the last 15 mins picking up ball on his own 14 yard line do far away from the forwards

Mayo loked very sharp they played very well and its going to take a good team to beat them in Connacht..Howley Higgins Cuniffe Andy Moran B Moran Seamus o Shea all player really well for the Green and Red..Big crowd somone said 4,000 the Dubs really bring the natives out to support there team..

Last edited by mullins on Sun May 30, 2010 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 22, 2010 9:07 am

mullins wrote:Just back from this match Mayo 1-19 Dublin 14

A lot of work do be done in the next 3 weeks-Midfield was poor as were the forwards corkery done very well the best of that lot quinn looked sharp for the few mins he was on Connolly got a couple of scores to...O carroll looks very steady at 3 Henry started in the half forward started the second half wing back played well..Philly done well when he came on..Kev mc spent the last 15 mins picking up ball on his own 14 yard line do far away from the forwards

Mayo loked very sharp they played very well and its going to take a good team to beat them in Connacht..Howley Higgins Cuniffe Andy Moran B Moran Seamus o Shea all player really well for the Green and Red..Big crowd somone said 4,000 the Dubs really bring the natives out to support there team..

Ara Mullins why didn't ya say you were going-I was there too! Very Happy

It was a good win for Mayo, but the most important thing we'll take from this challenge is the experience O'Mahony gave some of the younger Mayo players. I thought Freeman was superb, especially in the opening quarter. Mortimer's accuracy with points was heartening too, as was the reappearance of Billy Joe. He played well, but was substituted later on by Ronaldson. Dublin missed a good few early chances, whilst Mayo took their chances. Andy Moran played brilliantly. I noticed that Dublin had nearly a full team out, about 11 or 12 of their first team.

I have to say, the crowd that was there was fantastic! Normally for Hollymount matches, there'd be decent crowds, but it was a change from the ordinary having several thousand there. I even saw John Maughan in the crowds! It was a great day out-and walking back after the game, who passed me in a bus-the Dublin squad!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat May 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Mayo i'd bate no one.....Goes to show where Dublin are at.. Dublin GG News Lol .....Chasers at best......

Leitrim for Connaught, Dubs for the "chape" breaks..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat May 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Mayo i'd bate no one.....Goes to show where Dublin are at.. Dublin GG News Lol .....Chasers at best......

Boxty this thread is Dublin Gaa news what have leitrim got to do with it.. Dublin GG News Icon_eek
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat May 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Minor footballers draw in dramatic quarter-final

DUBLIN 1-13 KILDARE 0-16
(After extra-time)

Three Harry Dawson points in extra-time saw the Dubs earn a deserved replay in this pulsating Leinster MFC quarter-final at Newbridge on Saturday afternoon.
His heroics were not confined to extra-time as he played a key role in the final minutes of normal time when Dublin looked doomed.
Dublin forced extra-time after trailing by five points as the game ticked into the final minute of normal time, 0-13 to 0-8, when Dawson finished to the net in the 60th minute following great interplay in the forward line.
Two minutes into injury time Ferghal Duffy converted a free and in the fourth minute of added time Seán Stewart stroke over an excellent equalising point from 35 metres.
In extra-time Kildare started much the better and points from Fergal Conway, Fionn Dowling and Pádraig Fogarty put them into a 0-16 to 1-10 lead by the sixth minute of the first period of extra-time (ten minutes a half).
But Dublin showed terrific courage to mount the second comeback with Dawson illustrating great long-range accuracy to keep the Dubs in the Championship.
In normal time Dublin started well but failed to translate good scoring opportunities into scores and with wind advantage should have led by more than 0-6 to 0-4 at half-time.
Seventeen minutes into the second half the game looked to be turned against the Dubs when Stewart cracked a shot off the crossbar from close range and Kildare broke forward and would have goaled themselves but for a superb save from keeper Colin Murphy.
But Kildare did score the next four points of the game as they upped their game and capitalised on a series of unforced errors by Dublin.
However, the Dubs refused to buckle and threw caution to the wind in the final minutes of normal time to earn extra-time.

SCORERS - Dublin: H Dawson 1-7, F Duffy 0-3 (0-1f), A Caffrey 0-2 (0-1f), S Stewart 0-1. Kildare: P Fogarty 0-4, L McGovern (0-3f), F Dowling 0-3 each, P Cocoman 0-2, P Cribben, F Conway, N Kelly 0-1 each.
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Adam Caffrey in there ... son of Pillar!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon May 24, 2010 11:13 am

DUBLIN 5-13 WESTMEATH 1-19
Dublin under-21 All-Ireland winner Dean Rock was top-scorer as the senior footballers defeated Westmeath in a challenge at DCU on Saturday.
Three first half goals gave the Dubs a 3-6 to 0-8 interval lead as they capitalised on some poor Westmeath defending.
Paddy Andrews impressed at full-forward, scoring 1-4 while Alan Brogan scored an early goal before being subbed.
SCORERS – Dublin: D Rock 1-5 (0-3f), P Andrews 1-4, A Brogan, B McManamon 1-1,. D Watson 1-0, D Kelly, L Og O hEineachain 0-1 each. Westmeath: D Glennon 0-7 (0-6f), C Lynam 1-2, D Dolan 0-4, I Coffey 0-2 (0-1f, 0-1 45), F Boyle, P Gilsenan, G Egan, M Ennis 0-1 each.
DUBLIN - D Nestor; D Murray, K Nolan, J Brogan; P Brogan, B Sexton, S Cloherty; C Murphy, D Magee; B Cullen, D Rock, K Bonner; A Brogan, P Andrews, D Kelly. Subs used: B McManamon, L Óg Ó hEineacháin, D Watson, D Daly, S Murray.
WESTMEATH – D Quinn; F Boyle, D O’Donoghue, J Gaffey; D McDermott, T Warburton, M Dalton; D Duffy, P Bannon; J Durkan, P Sharry, J Smyth; D Glennon, C Lynam, D Dolan. Subs used: P Gilsenan, D Healy, S Gallagher, D Harte, G Egan, K Martin, M Ennis, K Maguire, R Doyle, L Smyth, I Coffey, G Glennon.
REF - D Coldrick (Meath).
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat May 29, 2010 10:25 pm

DUBLIN 1-13 KILDARE 2-10
(After extra-time)

Another thriller, extra-time again and after over three hours of football these couties can still not be separated after serving up an excellent contest in this ESB Leinster MFC quarter-final at Parnell Park on Saturday afternoon.
The counties will meet for at least a fourth time this spring/summer - Kildare winning the first round clash before the Dubs emerged as their opponents for this last-eight contest - post-Leaving Cert (possibly on Wednesday, June 30, venue tbc) before the Longford will their semi-final opponents.
For a lot of normal time Dublin were playing catch-up after the concession of a tenth minute goal when the Lilywhites capitalised clincially on a misplaced Dublin sideline before Pádraig Fogarty kept his nerve impressively to fire to the net.
By half-time in normal time that goal separated the sides, 1-4 to 0-4, but the Dubs kicked the first three points on the restart with Fearghal Duffy (free) and super-sub Philly Ryan slotting two from play to bring the sides level within 15 minutes of the restart.
However, with Kildare totally on top at midfield the responded with two Liam McGovern scores (including one free) to regain the lead but they could not shake off a very determined Dublin who refusing to lie down and a 60th minute point from Seán Stewart and superb Adam Caffrey point off his left foot in the fourth minute of injury-time forced the game into extra-time for the second weekend running.
Dublin started extra-time the stronger with points from Jack McCaffrey and Fearghal Duffy, following a lay-off from Ryan, but Kildare responded through McGovern and Cocoman as the sides entered the half-time interval in extra-time still deadlocked, Dublin 0-12 Kildare 1-9.
Within the opening minute of the second half Dublin struck for what could have been the decisive score when Ryan fielded a great ball from Colm Woods before sliding it to the net.
But three minutes later the Lilywhites were awarded a controversial penalty for a footblock when it looked to have been ball off thigh and Kevin Feely coolly converted the spotkick.
A Ryan free put Dublin back in front entering the final minute of extra-time but in the second minute of injury-time Feely ensured there would be another day out.

SCORERS - Dublin: P Ryan 1-4 (0-1f), C Diamond 0-3 (0-2f), S Stewart, P Duffy (0-1f) 0-2 each, A Caffrey, J McCaffrey 0-1 each. Kildare: P Fogarty 1-2, K Feely 1-1 (1-0 pen), L McGovern 0-3 (0-1f), F Dowling, P Cribbin, K Hurley, P Cocoman 0-1 each.

A great result today unlucky not to win it -pillars son saved the day in the first seventy...Hopefully the replay will be late june and we should have our star forward back to help us to see off a strong Kildare challenge ....This team like our U21 have a no surrender attitude which bodes well for Dublins future..

WELL DONE TO ALL INVOLVED Dublin GG News Icon_cheers

BELIEVE

Last edited by mullins on Sun May 30, 2010 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun May 30, 2010 12:16 am

mullins wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:Mayo i'd bate no one.....Goes to show where Dublin are at.. Dublin GG News Lol .....Chasers at best......

Boxty this thread is Dublin Gaa news what have leitrim got to do with it.. Dublin GG News Icon_eek

Wind your neck in here lad....the thread is "Dublin GT news"...so what???
Is it to be exclusive to "De Duds".?**

**Boxty correcting some issues here.......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun May 30, 2010 1:05 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
mullins wrote:

Is it to be exclusive to "De Duds".?**

**Boxty correcting some issues here.......

Or even inclusive sur' they are all in the pubs come the throw in
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun May 30, 2010 11:21 pm

[quote="Boxtyeater"]
mullins wrote:

Is it to be exclusive to "The Dubs..........and guests..feel free to leave + Dublin comments...Negative ones will be deleted.. Dublin GG News Icon_razz
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:24 pm

What is the purpose of this thread
If the objective is merely to quote articles published elsewhere in the media
should this not be on the newsfeeder with due credit given to the author.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:42 pm

OMAR wrote:What is the purpose of this thread
If the objective is merely to quote articles published elsewhere in the media
should this not be on the newsfeeder with due credit given to the author.

Nothing really omar just a harmless thread with no bad intentions...Just thought maybe some guests might read some of the posts in it while there browsing the internet....You never know not all the posts are copied.. Dublin GG News Affraid

Dublin GG News Affraid
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down