GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bad news

+5
Boxtyeater
3inarow08
KerryKatriona
RMDrive
bocerty
9 posters

Go down

bad news Empty bad news

Post  bocerty Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:18 am

It seems that (though not totally confirmed) the 2 young lads killed in the car accident just outside Omagh yesterday were playing members of my club. Two young lads one of whom may only have celebrated his 18th birthday earlier in the week.

If the names I heard are correct then both were talented footballers and will be a big loss to our club.

RIP lads and my thoughts are with your family - one of the lads father in particular has given a lifetime of playing and coaching to our club and I don't know how he will get over this one
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

bad news Empty Re: bad news

Post  Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:21 am

Heard about the accident, very sad news. Condolences to all concerned. RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 am

Very sad to hear. More young lives lost. My sympathies to their familes, friends and clubmates.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 am

Very sad indeed. Sympathy to family, friends and clubmates.

It also appears the PSNI officer seriously injured in a car blast is a well known GAA member.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:02 am

KerryKatriona wrote:Very sad indeed. Sympathy to family, friends and clubmates.

It also appears the PSNI officer seriously injured in a car blast is a well known GAA member.

Apparently from the Creggan club just outside of Randalstown, met him a few times as my brother lives up there. I think he was one of the main people in setting up psni gaa team

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:15 am

An awful tradgedy at the start of the new year.

My condolences to their families, friends and all in the GAA club.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:58 pm

just had the names confirmed - i actually coached one of the guys at u12 level - ironically back then he was one of the guys who the u12 manager had pigeon holed!!!! I walked away from the coaching of that particular bunch because of the way some of these young guys were being treated at that age.

The guy whose father has been heavily involved in the club is on the critical list in hospital and not dead as was originally reported
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:06 pm

hopefully he pulls through

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:23 pm

samin10 wrote:hopefully he pulls through

hopefully - though i think he was the driver .....................................
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:09 am

more bad news comes my way tonight.

A lad who i grew up with and kicked many a ball with and pucked many a ball was tragically killed in an accident tonight. Only a year older than myself at 39/40, a keen participant in triathlons from what i gather.

He was on his bike at the time of the incident and was struck by a 4x4 jeep around 6pm in Wexford were he has resided now for a number of years, his mother is originally from Wexford. In a rather sad ironic twist of fate he lost his father on 8th December last year to cancer and he and his 2 brothers and sister were in the midst of organizing a cycle from Wexford to Killyclogher to raise money for cancer charities.

It is likely though not confirmed he may have been out training for this event at the time of the incident.

A sad sad day, he leaves behind a wife and 4 young kids. God be with the family circle as they grieve at this sad time so soon after the death of their father.

RIP
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:22 am

Bad news indeed Boc, the light of Heaven to him. RIP.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 am

Very sad indeed. RIP.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:50 am

Only reading this now, terrible news boc. Condolences to all affected.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 pm

bald eagle wrote:Only reading this now, terrible news boc. Condolences to all affected.

terrible isnt the word for it BE, travelled down to the funeral on Thursday and it would have brought a tear to a stone. To watch a woman and her 4 kids bury her husband and their father was something i will take a while to get over and make sense of. Its only 10 weeks since he buried his father and now the family are going through it all again.

To complete the roller coaster week a brother of the deceased became a father for the 3rd time the day after the funeral. Hard to comprehend the man aboves grand plan and i dont know were the kids and their mum will find the strength to go on but somehow they will i hope.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Just saw this boc, very sorry for you man.

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:38 pm

emmetryan wrote:Just saw this boc, very sorry for you man.

thanks Emmet

its a wonder there arent more deaths like this, was out on the bike yesterday in a group of 8. One of the 8 had already been clipped by the wing mirror of a car by the time we met up.

Less than a mile from home and approaching a roundabout 3 separate a55holes in separate cars decided to try overtake us while there was cars approaching from the other direction, beeping horns making all sorts of hand gestures and the likes, another 50 yards we would have been out of the way but could they wait.

All 3 nice big flash cars too Audis Mercs and a BMW, and all f**king Southern Reg cars to boot -
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:43 pm

I've been following this story for days because it's root cause is dear to me. A sad ending for the dear lady.

That a lady of her age could traverse such a distance without a citizen recognising the situation for what it was is a sad reflection on our society.....RIP Peggy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:04 am

A very sad story indeed. Perhaps the most tragic of all illnesses.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:40 am

Boxtyeater wrote:I've been following this story for days because it's root cause is dear to me. A sad ending for the dear lady.

That a lady of her age could traverse such a distance without a citizen recognising the situation for what it was is a sad reflection on our society.....RIP Peggy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
sad story indeed i had been following their story myself thanks to the Tubridy show on 2FM, i suppose the only consolation is that they have found her remains and so there is some closure for them.

One question which goes round in my head in a case like this (same thing happened in Omagh a few short weeks ago and after a search lasting several days if not heading for weeks the remains were found less than 500 yards from were the persons home) is how come sniffer dogs cant trace these people and even in this case the scent of another dog?????

RIP Peggy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down