GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Championships

+18
Parouisa
bocerty
mossbags
ollie
Loyal2TheRoyal
Scorpio
Boxtyeater
mugsys_barber
hurlingguru
samin12
RMDrive
bald eagle
black&white
Grenvile
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA-Fan
OMAR
The Puke
22 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Club Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: Club Championships

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:32 pm

bald eagle wrote:I hear that St Galls have objected to the ref for their upcoming game with Cross. Rangers, anyone know the story behind this?
Its at tiimes like this we need Patrique. Would the ref be McQuillan or Sludden? Evil or Very Mad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:17 pm

bald eagle wrote:I hear that St Galls have objected to the ref for their upcoming game with Cross. Rangers, anyone know the story behind this?

It's the same ref that sent off 3 men last year and handed out 10/11 yellows. For some reason they don't want him (Joe McQuillan).
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:41 pm

RMDrive wrote:

It's the same ref that sent off 3 men last year and handed out 10/11 yellows. For some reason they don't want him (Joe McQuillan).

Ah right, didn't know who the ref was but that would explain it!

Just out of interest, does this happen much? I remember playin a championship match under protest as the ref lived in the town we were playing against but we won anyway.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Dublin final will be between OPER and Brigids.....Brogan the younger kicked 1-5 off play while Brigids overcame Ballymun handsomely in E.T..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:20 pm

The Puke wrote:. Ballygunnar's experience will help them edge out Drom/Inch but it will be close.

As predicted Ballygunner won. 2-15 to 1-13.

It will be a Ballygunnar v Crusheen final. Would be quiet surprised of either were beaten in the semi's
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:44 pm

Crossmaglen 3-07
St Galls 2-03

Cross scored 2 goals in the first minute of second half.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:09 pm

Crossmaglen 3-09
St Galls 2-05

McGourty sent off 2nd yellow card.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Ballymun very aggrieved with referee yesterday.

In the Intermediate hurling final Liam Rushe's St Pats Palmerstown were surprisingly beaten by Finbarrs from Cabra - again a lot of grief about some reffing decisions. In the Senior Final Boden succeded in the drive for five, easily accounting for O'Tooles.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:40 pm

Ballymun very aggrieved with referee yesterday.

In the Intermediate hurling final Liam Rushe's St Pats Palmerstown were surprisingly beaten by Finbarrs from Cabra - again a lot of grief about some reffing decisions. In the Senior Final Boden succeded in the drive for five, easily accounting for O'Tooles.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:54 pm

Great tie coming up in the Ulster Club SFC with Ballinderry and Crossmaglen meeting. Do the Shamrocks have a chance against Cross or can they cause a massive upset?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Just wondering abiut the position of Johnny Buckley and Daithi Casey with regards the Munster Club Championship. Both have qualified with two different teams ie Dr. Crokes and UCC. Which team do they play for next week? Shocked
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Just wondering abiut the position of Johnny Buckley and Daithi Casey with regards the Munster Club Championship. Both have qualified with two different teams ie Dr. Crokes and UCC. Which team do they play for next week? Shocked

Wow, never knew that! I'm surprised that players are allowed to play in 2 different county championships legally, i had to play under a mates name and DOB (more commonly known as a ringer) when i won a Kildare U-21 Hurling Championship the same year i played a starring role for the club in the Derry SHC (which we didn't win)

I would imagine that they would have to make a choice otherwise their club would take prefrence. I must say, i honestly am guessing here!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:02 pm

bald eagle wrote:
Real Kerry Fan wrote:Just wondering abiut the position of Johnny Buckley and Daithi Casey with regards the Munster Club Championship. Both have qualified with two different teams ie Dr. Crokes and UCC. Which team do they play for next week? Shocked

Wow, never knew that! I'm surprised that players are allowed to play in 2 different county championships legally, i had to play under a mates name and DOB (more commonly known as a ringer) when i won a Kildare U-21 Hurling Championship the same year i played a starring role for the club in the Derry SHC (which we didn't win)

I would imagine that they would have to make a choice otherwise their club would take prefrence. I must say, i honestly am guessing here!

You can play for your university as long as they don't play in the same county senior championship as your own club as they have exemptions. UCC and CIT are able to call on players from intermediate and junior level in Cork and players from outside the county but are not allowed use Senior club players from Cork. They will only be allowed play with one side in the Munster club, and I presume they will choose Crokes, not 100% sure but if UCC were to win the Munster club they would be eligable again to play for UCC in the A/I semi finals I believe as it is classed as a new competition.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:46 am

Leinster Quarter Finals are on this weekend.

James Stephens minus Jackie Tyrell have home advantage over Oulart the Ballagh of Wexford. Oulart will feel they left a Leinster club behind them last year and brought Ballyhale to E/T the year before. Liam Dunne is hell bent on winning a Leinster and A/I club championship with them and at 11/10 I to get the better of thekilkenny champs who have had two very tough games over the past two weeks I will be having a nice cut off the Wexford Champions.

Clonkill of Westmeath take on Boden's in the other quarter. Boden's should progress but may not have it all their own way, Clonkill are a decent side in their own right and won the A/I intermediate title a few years ago and they will make a game of it.

Eire Og of Ennis take on Kerry Senior hurling champions Ballyduff in the Munster intermediate semi final on Sunday as well, in what is more than likely the final in all but name. Should be a tight affair and home advantage could well be the deciding factor for the Kerry men. Eire Og are a nice young side but have a touch of flat track bullies about them, if they get sucked into a battle they may well struggle
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Podger Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:12 am

UCD have had this pro blem. When they won in Dublin in 06 they had Mcnamee (Rhode), Earls (wicklow champs St Pats) Mc Namee actually scored a pen to knock UCD out fo the Leinster semi. O'malley from mayo still played with them in Leinster and could have played in Connacht if his club won Mayo. As far as I know if you get knocked out you cant go back to club. Usually players go with their club over their college in these cases.
Podger
Podger
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Kildare
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:54 pm

bald eagle wrote:Great tie coming up in the Ulster Club SFC with Ballinderry and Crossmaglen meeting. Do the Shamrocks have a chance against Cross or can they cause a massive upset?

hard to see past Cross if i am honest BE, i would put St Gall' way ahead of Ballinderry and yet Cross despatched them with consumate ease. That said if Jamie Clarke was to be contained it would make for an interesting game.

I wouldnt put Dromore down as a great side, certainly not as good as they were say 3 years ago but they could have beaten Ballinderry if it werent for the fact they had played the week before and their opponents had had a two week break.

Cross by 5+ for me.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 am

As far as I know once a player plays outside the county championship he is ineligible to change horses as the Provincial championships are part of the All Ireland series as such.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:57 pm

bocerty wrote:
bald eagle wrote:Great tie coming up in the Ulster Club SFC with Ballinderry and Crossmaglen meeting. Do the Shamrocks have a chance against Cross or can they cause a massive upset?

hard to see past Cross if i am honest BE, i would put St Gall' way ahead of Ballinderry and yet Cross despatched them with consumate ease. That said if Jamie Clarke was to be contained it would make for an interesting game.

I wouldnt put Dromore down as a great side, certainly not as good as they were say 3 years ago but they could have beaten Ballinderry if it werent for the fact they had played the week before and their opponents had had a two week break.

Cross by 5+ for me.

I agree with a lot of what you have said Boc. To be honest, the Derry club scene is the weakest i've seen it for a long time, when teams like Loup and Coleraine are winning championships with the teams they have then the traditional powers in Derry really are struggling! Ballinderry this year are no great shakes and I never thought i'd say it but the Derry championship needs strong Bellaghy and Lavey teams that also help bolster the county set up!

For me Cross will win at a canter!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:00 pm

bald eagle wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Cross by 5+ for me.

I agree with a lot of what you have said Boc. To be honest, the Derry club scene is the weakest i've seen it for a long time, when teams like Loup and Coleraine are winning championships with the teams they have then the traditional powers in Derry really are struggling! Ballinderry this year are no great shakes and I never thought i'd say it but the Derry championship needs strong Bellaghy and Lavey teams that also help bolster the county set up!

For me Cross will win at a canter!

BE is there any county were you could say the club scene is strong????? Certainly having watched quite a number of games from different counties on TG4 lately you would have to say the standard of football is abysmal. I know the weather at this time of year doest help but its hard going watching some of these games.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Dublin club scene is healthy enough probably because it is heavy enough with imports but if you consider none of the likes of Kilmacud, Ballyboden, UCD or Vincents even made the semis.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:13 pm

I don't get much of a chance to see any games on TG4 or Premier Sports over here so never get a look at any other club football. I used to love watching the Derry club scene and would have regularly drove to watch matches not involving my own club when i got the chance. I've tried watching some of the club championship matches when i've been home this past few years and they have been terrible to say the least!

That said, this is not the time of year for games. I read somewhere that Paul McIver was complaining that the Dromore game was on the week after they won Tyrone, what was the reason for the Tyrone championship taking so long? I thought you still had the straight knock out system there Boc? I know in Derry we now have a "Back Door" system so that adds to the length of our championship by quite a few matches.

It's started to puzzle me how October is being looked on as the month for county finals, Club fixtures really have to be looked at in order to stop games being played in monsoon conditions like these winter months! That said, it's a far cry from the day in 1993 when the Derry County Final was played on St Stephens day on a frozen, snow covered Glenullin pitch!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Parouisa wrote:Dublin club scene is healthy enough probably because it is heavy enough with imports but if you consider none of the likes of Kilmacud, Ballyboden, UCD or Vincents even made the semis.

Was thinking that the Dublin scene would be pretty strong, when's the final fixed for your County Final?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:19 pm

we do have a straight knock-out system in Tyrone BE. What held it up this year was that 2 of the quarter finals went to replays and thus Dromore were forced to play their Ulster Club game 1 week after winning the championship final, which incidentally went to extra time and thus hampering their cause further.

I suppose had they have been sitting idle for a few weeks they could have used that as an excuse too!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 pm

bald eagle wrote:
Parouisa wrote:Dublin club scene is healthy enough probably because it is heavy enough with imports but if you consider none of the likes of Kilmacud, Ballyboden, UCD or Vincents even made the semis.

Was thinking that the Dublin scene would be pretty strong, when's the final fixed for your County Final?

This Sunday, local derby between the Brogans' Oliver Plunketts and St Brigids. Plunketts have never won it and Brigid's only the once in 2003. Preceded by Bryan Cullen's Skerries Harps v Cuala in the Inter decider.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:28 pm

When you say healthy enough are you referring to the standard of football???? Even in the years when Tyrone were winning All Irelands the club scene in Tyrone was pretty dire. Most players lacking basic skills, they could run all day but give them a ball and it was a different story.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next