GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Championships

+18
Parouisa
bocerty
mossbags
ollie
Loyal2TheRoyal
Scorpio
Boxtyeater
mugsys_barber
hurlingguru
samin12
RMDrive
bald eagle
black&white
Grenvile
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA-Fan
OMAR
The Puke
22 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Club Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: Club Championships

Post  bald eagle Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:29 pm

The Derry county Board have a written policy that all replays must be played the Wednesday after the original fixture, and only in the replay is there extra time to be played. Not sure what happens if the replay ends in a draw as all of the championship draws i have been involved in have been sorted in the replay with only 1 going to extra time. I think it's a pretty good policy for getting fixture congestion down.

Do they have that in Tyrone or are the replays the following week?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:35 pm

bald eagle wrote:The Derry county Board have a written policy that all replays must be played the Wednesday after the original fixture, and only in the replay is there extra time to be played. Not sure what happens if the replay ends in a draw as all of the championship draws i have been involved in have been sorted in the replay with only 1 going to extra time. I think it's a pretty good policy for getting fixture congestion down.

as far as i remember BE they were played the following week - with guys in Belfast studying and even more so across the water for work reasons it probably wasnt feasible or fair to have them midweek
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:43 pm

bocerty wrote:When you say healthy enough are you referring to the standard of football???? Even in the years when Tyrone were winning All Irelands the club scene in Tyrone was pretty dire. Most players lacking basic skills, they could run all day but give them a ball and it was a different story.

I've seen a few of the games and the standard isn't that bad at all in fairness. Some quite good scores being run up too which is impressive given some of the conditions involved.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:02 pm

bocerty wrote:
bald eagle wrote:The Derry county Board have a written policy that all replays must be played the Wednesday after the original fixture, and only in the replay is there extra time to be played. Not sure what happens if the replay ends in a draw as all of the championship draws i have been involved in have been sorted in the replay with only 1 going to extra time. I think it's a pretty good policy for getting fixture congestion down.

as far as i remember BE they were played the following week - with guys in Belfast studying and even more so across the water for work reasons it probably wasnt feasible or fair to have them midweek

There is players in Derry with the same problems and the ruling is still in place, i think because everyone knows about it as it has been in force a long time, no one really complains that much about it.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Club Championships - Page 5 Empty British Junior Club Championship Final

Post  bald eagle Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:15 am

British Junior Club Championship Final, Sunday 6th November, 2pm, Pairc na hEireann, Birmingham

John Mitchells (Lancashire) V Cuchulainns (Yorkshire), Ref: M. McLoughlin

This tie sees the best 2 club sides at this level in 2011 going head to head for the opportunity to be called British Champions and the right to represent Britain in the All Ireland Junior Club series.

Mitchells, Liverpool are the most successful club at this level since their reformation in 2006 winning the Lancashire Junior title in their first year, following that up with 4 Laccashire Senior Championship titles in the last 5 years, adding 2 British titles to that list in 2007 & 2008. They have the added bonous of being the only British club side to win a match in the All Ireland Series when they reached the final in 2008 and they have been lucky enough to maintain the majority of that side. They easily dispached of first time Warwickshire winners St Barnabas in the Semi-final but have been far from impressive by their own standards.

Cuchulainns, Newcastle are one of the youngest sides in the UK following their formation in 2007 as a direct result of the return of University GAA to the area. Impressively they have won the Yorkshire League and Championship every year since they took to the field in 2008 as the club progressed quickly to become one of the strongest sides in the country. They have had a mixed bag of fortune in the British Chamionship and this is their first appearance in the final with their previous best being a Semi-final in 2008. In 2011 they added the Pennine League to their trophy cabinet, beating Mitchels in the process. Their path to the final saw them beat 2009 champs Dunedin, in the Semi-final they destroyed Herts best Glen Rovers in a ruthless display that has saw them being tagged as favourites.

For me this has the makings of a brilliant final, weather permitting. I fancy the Liverpool side to win their 3rd British title, however the Newcasle team are flying at the moment. So far i have picked all the correct outcomes in this championship and in the county finals here also.

Verdict; Draw after 60 minutes. Mitchels to win overall.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Fair play Bald Eagle for a comprehensive preview there. Given the venue and the participation of the Yorkshire champions, I can foresee a couple of interesting scenarios evolving...

1. Forum agitator, The Puke is currently working in Birmingham as a gigolo and may attend this match. He has a record of initiating disturbances at matches but is readily recognisable with his Banner head and ruddy complexion. Approach with care.

2. Forum Lothario, SamiPremier of the litany of schoolboy transgressions may attend supporting the Yorkshire champions. He may be seen outside the ground off-loading dubious CD's and may be accompanied by a colleague in the fast food game called Paddy the Indian. Avoid both.

Aside from these few words of advice, here's hoping you are treated to a good final and pleasant day.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Fair play Bald Eagle for a comprehensive preview there. Given the venue and the participation of the Yorkshire champions, I can foresee a couple of interesting scenarios evolving...

1. Forum agitator, The Puke is currently working in Birmingham as a gigolo and may attend this match. He has a record of initiating disturbances at matches but is readily recognisable with his Banner head and ruddy complexion. Approach with care.

2. Forum Lothario, SamiPremier of the litany of schoolboy transgressions may attend supporting the Yorkshire champions. He may be seen outside the ground off-loading dubious CD's and may be accompanied by a colleague in the fast food game called Paddy the Indian. Avoid both.

Aside from these few words of advice, here's hoping you are treated to a good final and pleasant day.

Cheers Boxty, the Bearded Lady on the gate will be informed of the dodgy characters that will be in attendance! If she doesn't like the cut of their jib they'll be out on their ear pronto mark my words! You don't mess with the Bearded Lady and i fear for them both, i really do!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:57 pm

UPDATE -

Teenager wearing a Tipp shirt selling counterfeit CDs has been apprehended in the vicinity of Catherine De-Barnes lane area of Sollihull, Birmingham. The only other details being released at this time is that a Mountain Bike was confiscated at the scene also. The Bearded Lady strikes again!

No word of gigolos or Paddy the Indian as yet.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:24 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Fair play Bald Eagle for a comprehensive preview there. Given the venue and the participation of the Yorkshire champions, I can foresee a couple of interesting scenarios evolving...

I was one of the stars of the Warwichshire football championship in the year just gone I will have you know
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:58 pm

What's stirring with you today Pukey??..Made a few handy quid yesterday I see elsewhere.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:What's stirring with you today Pukey??..Made a few handy quid yesterday I see elsewhere.

I did and got shitfaced last night for my troubles before bringing some awful haunty looking yolk home with me. She wouldn't have looked out of place on the set of Shameless. Had to get up and play a soccer match this morning and am lying in bed listening to Clare FM and wallowing in post booze depression/hangover and aches and pains from this mornings kick around
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:18 pm

The Pairc na hEireann clubhouse for a couple of hours then so...Depending on your medical condition, I'd suggest opening with a large Jameson and taking it from there.
Beautiful day here at home, bright, crisp and sunny. So good in fact that the 2.7km stroll to the village** looks on the cards.

** To buy the paper naturally.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:The Pairc na hEireann clubhouse for a couple of hours then so...Depending on your medical condition, I'd suggest opening with a large Jameson and taking it from there.
Beautiful day here at home, bright, crisp and sunny. So good in fact that the 2.7km stroll to the village** looks on the cards.

** To buy the paper naturally.

good fresh weather here as well. tis fine and mild for november
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:35 pm

The Puke wrote:Leinster Quarter Finals are on this weekend.

James Stephens minus Jackie Tyrell have home advantage over Oulart the Ballagh of Wexford. Oulart will feel they left a Leinster club behind them last year and brought Ballyhale to E/T the year before. Liam Dunne is hell bent on winning a Leinster and A/I club championship with them and at 11/10 I to get the better of thekilkenny champs who have had two very tough games over the past two weeks I will be having a nice cut off the Wexford Champions.

Winner winner chicken dinner by the looks of it

Eire Og of Ennis take on Kerry Senior hurling champions Ballyduff in the Munster intermediate semi final on Sunday as well, in what is more than likely the final in all but name. Should be a tight affair and home advantage could well be the deciding factor for the Kerry men. Eire Og are a nice young side but have a touch of flat track bullies about them, if they get sucked into a battle they may well struggle

As predicted the Kerry men follow up their win over Corcey Rovers of Cork last week with the scalp of Eire Og today. 3-8 to 2-10. They should win the Munster final and won't be too far winning the A/I which would be a great boost for Kerry club hurling. The kilkenny reps Danesfort were knocked out by Mount Leinster Rangers and in recent times Cork and Kilkenny have dominated the grade
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:44 pm

The Puke wrote:
Clonkill of Westmeath take on Boden's in the other quarter. Boden's should progress but may not have it all their own way, Clonkill are a decent side in their own right and won the A/I intermediate title a few years ago and they will make a game of it.

As predicted Clonkill giving Boden's plenty of it, a goal between them with 5 minutes left
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:59 am

Brigids took their second Dublin title yesterday with a two point win over Plunketts. Overall Brigids were too strong in midfield and the half forward line and though it was very close throughout (0-4 apiece at HT) they pulled ahead in the last 10 minutes or so. Bernard Brogan was super as was Alan but they just couldn't get the ball to them enough. Sean Murray marked Bernard and didn't do a bad job given that he is almost unmarkable. Conditions were excellent and it was surprisingly low scoring considering this. Good crowd there too.

In the Intermediate Final Bryan Cullen's Skerrries Harps had a point to spare over Cuala.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:32 am

Not the dream end to the year for the Brogan boys. I've read that the game wasn't the best, but what do you expect in November! Did you get to the game Par?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 am

bald eagle wrote:Not the dream end to the year for the Brogan boys. I've read that the game wasn't the best, but what do you expect in November! Did you get to the game Par?

I was there alright Bald Eagle and though we are in November you couldn't blame the weather for the game not being the best. I thought Alan (0-3 from play) and Bernard were very lively but the ball didn't get to them often enough. Plunketts problems were at midfield and half back where Barry Cahill and Brigids were on top. It was a tight affair but Brigids seems to work better together as a unit and left Plunketts with little space to work in all over the park. It was entertaining enough though even if it was relativelty low scoring but then you rarely get teams playing with abandon in a county final!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:01 pm

British Junior Club Championship Final

John Mitchells (Lancashire) 0-06 V Cuchulainns (Yorkshire) 1-06

Newcastle GAA was celebrating after the long trip to Birmingham was worthwhile when they made it forth time lucky in the British Championship. Interestingly, the only teams to beat Cuchullainns in the British championship went on to win it, that's some feat when you consider the club are 4 years old!

This game was a really tight affair with both teams making the same number of chances and it was the big score that won it for the Toon men, who now await t he winners of the Munster Junior Championship. Good luck to them.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Be Just wondering about Newcastle. Where in Yorkshire is it? Good win by them. Might be meeting my neighbours Dromid Pearses if Pearses survive Munster.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:54 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Be Just wondering about Newcastle. Where in Yorkshire is it? Good win by them. Might be meeting my neighbours Dromid Pearses if Pearses survive Munster.

It's not is the simple answer, it's in Durham if i am correct. Yorkshire is the nearest affiliated County Board to them so they play in that county, that happens a lot over here, in fact one of the County Boards here has clubs playing in their competitions and none of them are actually based within the boundries of the county!! The Newcastle side have massive distances to travel for games and fair play to them for doing it.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Congratulations to Mt Leinster Rangers on beating Danesfort. Should have won by a lot more but a wins a win against Kilkenny opposition. Richie Hogan scored 1-07 our of 1-08 for Danesfort including a last minute goal and he's only back from building houses in Haiti.
Final takes place in Newbridge Sunday week where Rangers will play Celbridge.

Carlow competitors out of the IFC and the JFC.
Leinster IHC Semi Final:
Mt Leinster Rangers 1-10 Danesfort (Kilkenny) 1-08
Leinster IFC Quarter Final:
St Andrews 1-07 Muckalee (Kilkenny) 1-13
Leinster JFC Quarter Final:
Clonmore 0-09 Cappincur (Offaly) 0-11

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 am

hurlingguru wrote:Congratulations to Mt Leinster Rangers on beating Danesfort. Should have won by a lot more but a wins a win against Kilkenny opposition. Richie Hogan scored 1-07 our of 1-08 for Danesfort including a last minute goal and he's only back from building houses in Haiti.
Final takes place in Newbridge Sunday week where Rangers will play Celbridge.

Carlow competitors out of the IFC and the JFC.
Leinster IHC Semi Final:
Mt Leinster Rangers 1-10 Danesfort (Kilkenny) 1-08
Leinster IFC Quarter Final:
St Andrews 1-07 Muckalee (Kilkenny) 1-13
Leinster JFC Quarter Final:
Clonmore 0-09 Cappincur (Offaly) 0-11

So ye beat a Kilkenny hurling team at Intermediate level and then lost to a Kilkenny football team at the same level !!!! The world is gone bad!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:25 am

Munster Hurling semi finals this weekend and following on from my correct predictions last week I will be going for wins for Crusheen and Ballygunnar. Crusheen at evens looks a nice price.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Am i correct in saying that the Kilkenny side in the club comp are the KK senior champions? Still, good to see a KK team win a match outside their own county!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next