GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Championships

+18
Parouisa
bocerty
mossbags
ollie
Loyal2TheRoyal
Scorpio
Boxtyeater
mugsys_barber
hurlingguru
samin12
RMDrive
bald eagle
black&white
Grenvile
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA-Fan
OMAR
The Puke
22 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Club Championships - Page 6 Empty Re: Club Championships

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:50 pm

bald eagle wrote:Great tie coming up in the Ulster Club SFC with Ballinderry and Crossmaglen meeting. Do the Shamrocks have a chance against Cross or can they cause a massive upset?

i see Martin Sludden, he of Louth and Joe Sheridan fame has been appointed as the referee for the game. If my memory serves me right he refd this same fixture a few years back in the Ulster Club championship. It was a niggly enough game with a bit of a skirmish at half time, he also failed to send Francie Bellew off for an incident were he threw his back and clocked one of the Ballinderry lads in the face.

No doubt come Monday we will be talking about Martin and not the match.

As for the score i fancy Cross to win by virtue of a McConville drop goal in the 63rd minute!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:36 pm

bald eagle wrote:Am i correct in saying that the Kilkenny side in the club comp are the KK senior champions? Still, good to see a KK team win a match outside their own county!!

That would be right, St Andrews really underperformed but Muckalee are a decent side. 2 in a row for them be interesting to see how they do against the Dublin champions this weekend. St Andrews lost the Leinster JFC Final last year.

Thats true Parouisa might be a while before we see it happening again.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:36 am

Brigids in Navan for a clash with Summerhill. Don't know much about the Meath champs but they have been idle for a few weeks now while Brigids have had competitive games one after the other. That can be a killer at this time of year but conditions have been so benign that it is more likely a help. Co Final last week was a local derby and so a very tight affair. If Brigids throw off the chains they should come through.

Boden entertain Coolderry in Parnell. The Offaly champs have a rich history and have only come back to the big time in recent years after a long lapse. Hard to know this one but hoping for a Dub club double.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Crusheen obliged at a very sporting price, completely dominated the second half a lte Carrigtwohill goal put some respectibility on it

0-19 to 1-10

Shock on the other side where Ballygunner who were leading by 6 at half time were beaten by Na Piarsigh, 3-09 to 0-12.

Crusheen will win Munster, the best side to come out of Clare since the Barefield side at the turn of the century
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Crossmaglen 0-17 Ballinderry 1-10. Both has a man sent off, Shamrocks in the 1st half and Cross late in the 2nd. Didn't get to see the game, how did Sludden ref it?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:38 pm

The Meath champs crash at the first hurdle again. Very disappointing - Meath's representation at senior club level has been disappointing over the years. Summerhill are a good side and would have several good players on the fringes of the Meath team such as the Larkins, the Daltons, the Kennedys, Brian Ennis, Willie Ryan, Mickey Gorman and Conor Gillespie. I'd have expected more from this team, though in saying that St. Brigids are obviously a very strong outfit.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Violent scenes at Tyrone Gaelic Football League Final

Tyrone GAA chiefs will launch an investigation after Sunday's county football league final was marred by violence on and off the field.

A mass brawl broke out on the field in the closing minutes of the game and violence then erupted in the stands with several people involved.

The match between Dromore and Carrickmore was held up for around 10 minutes before play eventually resumed.

County champions Dromore won 0-11 to 0-6 at Dunmoyle near Ballygawley.

One eyewitness told BBC Sport that "blood was spilled" during the disturbances in the stand.

Carrickmore players Gabriel McCallan and Plunkett McCallan, who are bothers, were sent off following the mass brawl on the pitch.

Tyrone GAA PRO Damien Harvey acknowledged that the scenes "were not pleasant viewing" and confirmed that the county's competitions control committee would investigate the disturbances after receiving the referee's report.

"The county's CCC (competitions control committee) which is a sub-committee independent of the county board will take any necessary action after studying the referee's report," said the Tyrone PRO.

Referees are required to produce their match reports within three days of games.

Despite the scenes, Mr Harvey said that there were no reports of anybody sustaining major injuries.

Tyrone GAA county chairman Ciaran McLaughlin added that the involvement of spectators in the disturbances was a "worrying development".

"When something happens outside the perimeter of the field, and spectators become involved, it is very serious," added the Tyrone chairman.

Earlier this season, a referee was seriously assaulted at a ladies match in Tyrone, as a result of which two men, one of them a member of the Carrickmore management team, received lifetime bans.

Dromore's victory saw them completing a championship and league double in Tyrone football.

Another bad day in the history of Tyrone football and sadly it seems to the same club involved almost every time there is a serious row in Tyrone football. Time the book was thrown at these guys and the club too. Bad enough that they fight on the field but when it spreads to the supporters then that is a very serious issue as there is women and small children who could easily get hurt.

I'd expect nothing more than a shower of spineless cnuts on the county board to take the easy way out again and do nothing about it.

PS THE BIT IN BOLD ACTUALLY APPEARS ON THE BBC WEBSITE - how right they are!!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Coolderry full value for their win in Parnell. Boden missed a couple of early goal chances and the Offaly men goaled just on halftime. After HT Boden were chasing the game and couldn't get nearer than 3/4 points. Lambert forced out the field in search of possession which left Boden light inside - Keaney badly missed. Coolderry are not a bad outfit at all with Cathal Parlon and big Martin Corcoran very good up front with good support from Murray and Ryan. Bradys were excellent in defence and they will give Oulart plenty to think about - fully deserving winners.

As I thought Brigids appear to have thrown off the shackles and two early goals seemed to make it handy enough. I think Horsewood are in Parnell next Sunday for the QF.

Sad to read about the shennanigans in Tyrone. Bocerty is right - something should be done once and for all.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Were any of our Tyrone posters at it? What are your views if you were? Is it true that a fan hit a player with an umbrella as he was taking a sideline and that started it? Unreal by the sounds of it, hopefully the Tyrone board will act with the most severe punishment possibile and have the backing of the Ulster council with it!

When there's a chance a child can get hurt by thugs at a GAA match, something drastic needs to be done very fast in the aftermath!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:08 pm

bald eagle wrote:Is it true that a fan hit a player with an umbrella as he was taking a sideline and that started it?

Wouldn't be the first time a Tyrone man had a run-in with a Brolly!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:23 pm

bald eagle wrote:Were any of our Tyrone posters at it? What are your views if you were? Is it true that a fan hit a player with an umbrella as he was taking a sideline and that started it? Unreal by the sounds of it, hopefully the Tyrone board will act with the most severe punishment possibile and have the backing of the Ulster council with it!

When there's a chance a child can get hurt by thugs at a GAA match, something drastic needs to be done very fast in the aftermath!

BE wasnt at it but i have spoke to a few who were. They were neutrals so dont have any allegiance to either side but one guy said in 25 years of going to football matches he has never seen anything like it.

it is true that a supporter struck one of the Carrickmore players with an umbrella but from what i gather the row was already under way before that incident occurred.

Shocking scenes altogether and it doesnt paint Tyrone football in a great light. The Co Board have asked for those responsible to come forward, a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas. Besides if the people involved are not paid up members of their clubs can the Co Board do anything to them in terms of bans/ suspensions etc.

I dont expect much by way of heavy sanctions for either club - the Co Board have a habit of being lenient when it comes to dealing with the 'big clubs' in Tyrone.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:15 pm

A spectator had his ear bitten off
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:58 pm

Club Championships - Page 6 Movies10
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:07 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:A spectator had his ear bitten off

part of his ear bitten off - your n-ear-ly right.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:31 am

bocerty wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:A spectator had his ear bitten off

part of his ear bitten off - your n-ear-ly right.

He was only half listening.....

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Podger Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:36 am

not funny at all lads tb h. there was women and kids watching this. Not good enough an sanctions shd be severest poss.
Podger
Podger
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Kildare
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:57 am

Podger wrote:not funny at all lads tb h. there was women and kids watching this. Not good enough an sanctions shd be severest poss.

Irrespective of who was watching it, the sanctions for biting part of someone's ear off should be imposed by the police, not the GAA. In my opinion, it should result in a term in jail.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:18 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Podger wrote:not funny at all lads tb h. there was women and kids watching this. Not good enough an sanctions shd be severest poss.

Irrespective of who was watching it, the sanctions for biting part of someone's ear off should be imposed by the police, not the GAA. In my opinion, it should result in a term in jail.

Correct. There is some argument to be made for dealing with violence on the pitch within the GAA but there is no implied consent for any sort of violence for spectators. Lifetime GAA bans and assault charges for anyone involved. Does this club have previous incidents of this sort yes?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:10 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:

lads there is serious doubt in Tyrone that this guys ear was actually bitten off, it appears that the damage may have been caused by the fencing around the pitch or as a result of a fall to the ground. Not often you get a Carrickmore man involving the PSNI anyway.

One of the Dromore players did suffer a broken jaw and rumours surfacing that one of the Dromore fans could possibly lose an eye -

Video evidence appears to be quite conclusive in pointing the finger of blame at Carrickmore - not one Dromore player threw a punch during the on-field fighting so it appears Dromore were prepared for every eventuality.

Seems another Tyrone star on the Carrickmore team was one of the main culprits.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:23 pm

bocerty wrote:lads there is serious doubt in Tyrone that this guys ear was actually bitten off, it appears that the damage may have been caused by the fencing around the pitch or as a result of a fall to the ground.

Seems another Tyrone star on the Carrickmore team was one of the main culprits.

That may be the case Bocerty but if there was no trouble he would not have injured himself? There was only a couple of Carrickmore players on teh team last year so its 50/50? I'm guessing it was more likely one than the other (if that makes sense).
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:28 pm

I appreciate what you are saying Boc, but the point is the same. Fighting that results in those sort of activities is a criminal act, and should be dealt with by the police. I also think that is the case with some on the field acts, as it is the only thing that will reduce the number of off-the-ball assaults.

As for the blame, although 'Umbrella Man' was from Dromore, I'm hearing that Carrickmore are getting the bulk of the blame here. The pictures on the internet seem to support this, although it maybe isn't fair to read too much into a set of still images.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I appreciate what you are saying Boc, but the point is the same. Fighting that results in those sort of activities is a criminal act, and should be dealt with by the police. I also think that is the case with some on the field acts, as it is the only thing that will reduce the number of off-the-ball assaults.

As for the blame, although 'Umbrella Man' was from Dromore, I'm hearing that Carrickmore are getting the bulk of the blame here. The pictures on the internet seem to support this, although it maybe isn't fair to read too much into a set of still images.

the story with umbrella man is a bit vague - but at one point 3 Carrickmore players had one Dromore lad pinned against the wire beating the head of him. A few Dromore fans charged the wire to try and stop it .

Carrickmore tactic with a few minutes to go and 4 points down appeared to be that if they started a serious enough fight the game would be abandoned and they would get a second bite at the cherry. The afore mentioned Tyrone player even threatened the referee - telling him not to restart the game or else, thankfully referee told him where to go.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:37 pm

A bit of a happier tale for you now!

Steelstown Brian Ogs GFC have become the first Derry City GAA team since Doire Colmcille 30 years ago to play in the Derry Senior League & Championship in 2012. They won the Promotion/Relegation play-off this evening against O'Leary's Newbridge on a scoreline of 1-08 to 0-08 despite trailing by 2 points with a minute of normal time left!

This pleases me as i played against Steelstown in their 1st ever game in tge mid 1990s (96 i think) and i've followed them since. They are a brilliant club and have a lot to offer Derry GAA and we finally seem to be getting some payback from the city. I have said it before, if Derry are to win Sam again then the GAA clubs of Derry City will have a massive part to play! I'm delighted for the club, who themselves have been hit by tragedy only a few years back, thats how the Brian Ogs name came about. I look forward to them playing against the cream of Derry GAA in 2012 and hope they continue to grow.

My bold prediction in the pub a few years is still on, i bet 3 of my mates that a Derry City GAA club would win the Derry SFC within 10 years, that was 6 years ago!!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:38 pm

A fantastic day for Carlow hurling. After defeating the Kilkenny champions in the semi final Mt Leinster Rangers claimed the Leinster IHC with a 1-13 to 0-13 over Celbridge in Newbridge today. Carlow champions back in the Senior championship next year. Well done Rangers and they have a serious chance in the All Ireland.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:49 pm

The standout of the day was the refereeing displays.....shocking. affraid
I had a tribe of grandchildren acting the bollocks around me and the goggle-box on semi-silent (as such as it can be) but the performance of the ref in the Connacht match was abominable. The heir to the Boxty throne was aghast at some of the calls, to the extent that he admonished the small ones to "be ciúin" as yet another yellow was flashed.
Boxty the elder, long not an admirer of Frankie Dolan, was speechless as he got a yellow "for being near a Corofin lad" as he fell..
In fairness to Dolan, he looked at the ref and shuffled off with himself. 2 minutes later, Kilbride having made the cutting side-step, the ball was blocked but came to Dolan in an hopeless position, 10yds out and about 4 steps in off the sideline.....The bould' Frankie lofts her over with all the panache of a man having spent a tough day at the hay/bog, draining the first creamy one of the night......Impeccable...

There were some "scenes" in the aftermath.....Possibly disenchanted Corofin supporters. By Jaysus, if they had been disenchanted Kiltoom supporters the Lough Ree lifeboat would be out for a week and Ciaran Mulooley from RTE would have a bivouac on Hare Island....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next