GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Championships

+18
Parouisa
bocerty
mossbags
ollie
Loyal2TheRoyal
Scorpio
Boxtyeater
mugsys_barber
hurlingguru
samin12
RMDrive
bald eagle
black&white
Grenvile
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA-Fan
OMAR
The Puke
22 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Club Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: Club Championships

Post  Scorpio Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:52 am

The Cork senior hurling final takes place on Sunday in Pairc Ui Chaoimh, featuring the rather unlikely paring of Carrigtwohill and CIT. In the semi-final against Midleton, Carrig played a sort of high-intensity Kilkenny-style game, never giving Midleton a chance to settle and play the hurling they are capable of. The never-ending pressure produced a large succession of wides from Midleton, some of them very bad. Carrig won in the end by the only goal of the game, which was set up by Niall McCarthy.

The CIT/Newtownshandrum semi was a strange affair. After the opening ten minutes, I was saying to myself that whoever won the Midleton/Carrig game should win the county, so poor was the first touch of both teams, but once CIT scored the first goal, they just strolled away with it. Newtown were dreadfully poor, the only forward showing any form being Jamie Coughlan and - to a lesser extent - Cathal Noughton.

It's difficult to predict a winner, but I will go for Carrig if they bring the same intensity to the final they displayed against Midleton. CIT's form is hard to judge, because it all depends on how bad or good Newtown were, and my opinion is they are pretty poor this year, far removed from their glory years. They were even beaten by newly-promoted Blarney in the first round, and Midleton later beat Blarney. So Carrig it has to be, and I hope it will be. Come on East Cork!
Scorpio
Scorpio
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:28 pm

bald eagle wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:Tyrone Semi final line ups are as follows:

Clonoe V Derrylaughan
Omagh V Dromore

Derrylaughan had already booked their place in the semi with a win over Moortown, The other three quarter finals ended in draws, This weekend saw Omagh defeat last years champions Coalisland, Dromore beat Ardboe and finally Clonoe defeated Carrickmore after extra time.

Interesting to note that all the teams left in the Tyrone SFC are managed by Derrymen, Clonoe - Damian Cassidy (Bellaghy) Omagh - Paddy Croizer (Ballymaguigan) Derrylaughin - Ronan McGuckan (Ballinderry) and Dromore - Paul McIver (Ballinderry).

Is Ballinderry not in Tyrone?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

Clonoe V Derrylaughan
Omagh V Dromore

Derrylaughan had already booked their place in the semi with a win over Moortown, The other three quarter finals ended in draws, This weekend saw Omagh defeat last years champions Coalisland, Dromore beat Ardboe and finally Clonoe defeated Carrickmore after extra time.

Interesting to note that all the teams left in the Tyrone SFC are managed by Derrymen, Clonoe - Damian Cassidy (Bellaghy) Omagh - Paddy Croizer (Ballymaguigan) Derrylaughin - Ronan McGuckan (Ballinderry) and Dromore - Paul McIver (Ballinderry).

Is Ballinderry not in Tyrone?

The club plays in Derry, the pitch is in Derry and both Ballinderry men represented Derry so therefore they are Derrymen!

In fairness, Ballinderry does cross the border into Tyrone and some of the people there would be Tyrone people and fans.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:03 pm

This weekend sees St Michaels of Dunfanaghy playing Glenswilly in the Donegal SFC Final. It's Colm McFadden against Michael Murphy, Christy Toye against Neil Gallagher.
It's live on TG4 on Sunday and I'm really looking forward to it.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:13 pm

RMDrive wrote:This weekend sees St Michaels of Dunfanaghy playing Glenswilly in the Donegal SFC Final. It's Colm McFadden against Michael Murphy, Christy Toye against Neil Gallagher.

Indeed - its some progress for St Michaels - Intermediate about 3/4 years ago
and I can remember when our Reserves played them in Junior championship in the early 90's when they used to try and rustle up a few soccer players from Cresslough.

Hard to call this - I'd like to see Michaels do it - Young Mcloughlin is a tidy player also

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  ollie Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:44 pm

RMDrive wrote:This weekend sees St Michaels of Dunfanaghy playing Glenswilly in the Donegal SFC Final. It's Colm McFadden against Michael Murphy, Christy Toye against Neil Gallagher.

thanks for the warning 0-0 i guess
ollie
ollie
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 pm

ollie wrote:

See my other post Ollie. Good night.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  ollie Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:48 pm

RMDrive wrote:
ollie wrote:

See my other post Ollie. Good night.

bye bye
ollie
ollie
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:49 am

Old Leighlin beat Ɖire Ɠg in the semi final replay 2-07 to 1-06 in dreadful conditions.

Senior Hurling Final tomorrow between Mt Leinster Rangers (7th final in a row) and Naomh Eoin Myshall.

Would expect MLR to win by 3 or 4 points. Minor final before hand will be decided by St Mullins (V Naomh Eoin Myshall) centre forward Marty Kavanagh, great talent for the future.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Some stuff from Murphy - 1-7 out of 1-8
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Corofin are in another County Final after beating Milltown today. They will meet the winners of Salthill and Mountbellow who drew in the other semi. The quarter Final draw was made for the hurling

Portumna v St Thomas
Carnmore v Craughwell
Gort v Loughrea
Clarenbridge v Mullagh

All games next weekend.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Na Piarsigh trained by the legendary Sean Stack won their first ever Limerick senior hurling title. They have also on the 16A final this year and are in the under 14 A, Minor A and 21 A final as well. Some serious work being done. 6th time in 7 years that the winners of the Limerick championship were trained by a Clare man

Carrigtwohill won the Cork final by a point against CIT

Couple of mild shocks as De La Salle and Thurles Sarsfields were both knocked out of their respective championships at the semi final stages
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Carlow SHC Final:
Mt Leinster Rangers 1-07 Naomh Eoin 0-10

Worst game of hurling I have EVER seen. Disgraceful.

Replay next Sunday.

MHC Final:
St Mullins 4-12 Naomh Eoin 3-09

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Some display from Michael Murphy. One of his points in the first half (from way on on the RHS) and his goal were as good as you will see.
Well done Glenswilly - deserving champions.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:45 pm

RMDrive wrote:Some display from Michael Murphy. One of his points in the first half (from way on on the RHS) and his goal were as good as you will see.
Well done Glenswilly - deserving champions.

Best moment for me was about 5 mins to go - He had a foot lift out in the middle - he was running at full pelt and lifted the ball without breaking stride or bending (eventually gave away a free for shouldering the Number 5) but the lift was sublime

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:42 pm

bald eagle wrote:

Clonoe V Derrylaughan
Omagh V Dromore

that interesting fact explains a lot of things BE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Sligo Intermediate Final
Drumcliffe-Rosses Point 1-10 Coolaney-Mullinabreena 1-10.

Get to do it all again next Saturday.

Pints tonight postponed for a week
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:20 pm

Cork County Hurling Championship Final

Carrigtwohill 0-15; CIT 1-11

Carrig's second county title; their first was won in 1918.

East Cork continues to dominate hurling in Cork . Niall McCarthy was immense at center-forward, scoring two of his trademark points. Also a good display by Robert White, who will surely feature with the Cork seniors next year. Best for CIT were John Cronin and David Drake. Aidan Walsh had a poor enough game, considering what's expected of him, but conditions were horrible for both teams with a greasy playing surface and a misty drizzle throughout.

Carrigtwohill will now play the Clare champions in the Munster series.
Scorpio
Scorpio
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:41 am

bocerty wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

Clonoe V Derrylaughan
Omagh V Dromore

that interesting fact explains a lot of things BE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It certainly does Boc, and i'm sure you won't disagree with either of the reasons i'm about to state -

1 - Derry are like Scotland, we produce good managers but sh1t3 players.
2 - The Derry club scene may be intense with great rivalries.......but the Tyrone club scene pays more!

Feel free to add to the list! Smile

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Carlow SHC Final Replay:
Mt Leinster Rangers 2-12 Naomh Eoin 3-05

Disgraceful scenes before the start of the match where a mass brawl broke out involving every player on the pitch except the Naomh Eoin goalkeeper. This led to a fight breaking out in the stand where the gardaĆ­ had to get involved.
Rangers deserved their win. Played the better free flowing hurling when it really mattered.

Carlow IFC Final:
St Andrew's 2-12 Clonmore 0-08

After losing the last 2 finals St Andrews found it third time lucky today. Their forward play was fantastic with 17 year old HG'S classmate Andrew Beaton scoring 1-5 from play. Great talent for the future. 17 years stuck in Intermediate St Andrews are finally a senior club.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:24 pm

hurlingguru wrote:Carlow SHC Final Replay:
Mt Leinster Rangers 2-12 Naomh Eoin 3-05

Disgraceful scenes before the start of the match where a mass brawl broke out involving every player on the pitch except the Naomh Eoin goalkeeper.

Bloody hell! Was the priest involved himself?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:58 am

Sixmilebride and Crusheen will meet in the Clare hurling final in 2 weeks time. The Bridge edged out Cratloe by 4 points in an excellent contest on Saturday evening in spite of the dreadful conditions. Niall Gilligan as is so often the case was the difference between winning and losing for the Bridge. Davy started in goal. By my count 20 of the 30 lads who started the game were 23 or under.

Crusheen beat Kilmaley by 8 in the other semi final. 2-15 to 0-13 points, two quick goals after H/t being the difference. Crusheen are defending champions and from 1 to 9 are as good as anything in Munster, while their forwards seem to be playing on a far higher level and with a lot more confidence compared to this time last year. David Forde rolled back the years on Sunday and scored 5 from play from wing forward.

Have the feeling they will have too much for what is still a reletively inexperienced Bridge side, the Bridge's backs are still that bit light and callow while Crusheen are battle harded at this stage and will take beating. They could well be the first team since the mighty Barefield side from the turn of the millenium to retain the Canon Hamilton

Sundays defeat was also the last game in the career of the legend that is Colin Lynch
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:36 am

The Puke wrote:Sundays defeat was also the last game in the career of the legend that is Colin Lynch

An unbelievable warrior.

The midfield partnership of Ollie Baker and Colin Lynch from 1997 to 2002 was the best I've ever seen.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:22 pm

bald eagle wrote:
bocerty wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

Clonoe V Derrylaughan
Omagh V Dromore

It certainly does Boc, and i'm sure you won't disagree with either of the reasons i'm about to state -

1 - Derry are like Scotland, we produce good managers but sh1t3 players.
2 - The Derry club scene may be intense with great rivalries.......but the Tyrone club scene pays more!

Feel free to add to the list! Smile

i would change no 1 ever so slightly, you are more like England, you produce good enough players they just cant play as a team!!!!

Interestingly enough McIver who is managing Dromore has set the record straight and claims he is in fact a Tyrone native.

For the record the Tyrone County Final will see a repeat of the infamous final of a few years back. Dromore had a 16pts to 8 pts victory over Omagh and Clonoe beat Derrylaughlan 1-13 - 1.03
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:41 pm

bocerty wrote:i would change no 1 ever so slightly, you are more like England, you produce good enough players they just cant play as a team!!!!

Interestingly enough McIver who is managing Dromore has set the record straight and claims he is in fact a Tyrone native.
For the record the Tyrone County Final will see a repeat of the infamous final of a few years back. Dromore had a 16pts to 8 pts victory over Omagh and Clonoe beat Derrylaughlan 1-13 - 1.03

Knew i didn't like him!!!

Who will be favourites for that Boc? Surely Dromore will be on a revenge mission but it sounds like Clonoe will run through walls for Cassidy!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next