GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Championships

+18
Parouisa
bocerty
mossbags
ollie
Loyal2TheRoyal
Scorpio
Boxtyeater
mugsys_barber
hurlingguru
samin12
RMDrive
bald eagle
black&white
Grenvile
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA-Fan
OMAR
The Puke
22 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Club Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: Club Championships

Post  The Puke Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Parouisa wrote:
The Puke wrote:Crusheen will win Munster, the best side to come out of Clare since the Barefield side at the turn of the century

Will Na Piarsaigh win the All Ireland?

They won't fear any of the other three sides in the draw. It is wide open, Loughiel are very much in the long grass and wouldn't be surprised if they caused an upset in the semi's
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Coolderry are a good side but its very hard to gauge strengths across provinces. Could be fairly wide open I reckon with the Leinster and Munster Champions in virgin territory and Gort not there since 1984. Loughgiel certainly have the experience of last year but don't think Coolderry or Na Piarsaigh will be phased by semis.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:43 am

Very poor first half performance by Brigid's yesterday which has been the hallmark of their campaign - but yesterday it cost them the game. Some of their freetaking was atrocious. In fairness they battled back and were beaten in the most sickening manner. Paddy Andrews had a great second half but Dessie Dolan was magnificent and fair play to Garrycastle on their maiden Leinster success.

The semi versus the other Brigid's will be a very interesting affair with I believe seven sets of cousins playing against each other. But I think the winners of the other semi will win the title - with Crossmaglen the hot favourites.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:14 am

Parouisa wrote:Very poor first half performance by Brigid's yesterday which has been the hallmark of their campaign - but yesterday it cost them the game. Some of their freetaking was atrocious. In fairness they battled back and were beaten in the most sickening manner. Paddy Andrews had a great second half but Dessie Dolan was magnificent and fair play to Garrycastle on their maiden Leinster success.

The semi versus the other Brigid's will be a very interesting affair with I believe seven sets of cousins playing against each other. But I think the winners of the other semi will win the title - with Crossmaglen the hot favourites.

Virtuoso stuff from Dolan on Sunday. Aside from his performance on the field, his little bit of TV work didn't go astray, as he gave a very balanced and fair observation of the game in it's aftermath, calmly curbing his natural exuberance...

They'll be a fair skite of threats flung ore' the river during the festive season, as varying tribes "enjoy family days"... There's huge river-crossing tribes involved here so Donohue's of Kiltoom could be the spot.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Loughiel are 6 points up on Na Piarsigh in the AI semi final in Parnell park. Twould be great if they could hold out
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Na Piarsigh with a goal just before h/t. 0-11 to 1-5

Liam Watson giving a masterclass according to Live95 fm,
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Coolderry winning comfortably against Gort with time almost up

Loughiel three up with 3 minutes left, hopefully they hold on.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Na P scored a goal and a point in the last minute to get an undeserved draw.

You would fancy them to win it in extra time as Loughiel will surely be deflated
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Great stuff from Loughgiel 4 up in the second period of ET. Hopefully they see it out as they were by far the better side in normal time
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Loughgiel win it ET.

0-27 to 2-13. Hopefully they play as well again on Paddys day
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:25 pm

What a night in Croker. What a day for Carlow, Mt Leinster Rangers and their captain Karl Lawlor who lost a child last year.

Mt Leinster Rangers 1-13 Middletown Na Fianna 1-11

Rangers 5 points down and down to 14 men after the sending off of full back Brian Nolan after 25 minutes gave one of the best second half performances I have ever seen to haul back in the Armagh boys and hold on for victory. Epic.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:20 am

Loughgiel impressive - watching Watson today couldn't help smiling thinking of Paddy! Was very impressed with Coolderry v Boden - it will be a good final.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Club Championships - Page 8 Empty FAO The Puke.....Alert No. 26.

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:19 pm

The Puke wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:In fairness to Dolan, he looked at the ref and shuffled off with himself. 2 minutes later, Kilbride having made the cutting side-step, the ball was blocked but came to Dolan in an hopeless position, 10yds out and about 4 steps in off the sideline.....The bould' Frankie lofts her over with all the panache of a man having spent a tough day at the hay/bog, draining the first creamy one of the night......Impeccable...

I am glad you have seen the error of your ways. Frankie was/is indeed a class act

I'm sad to report that today typified for me the flaws that have long been inherent in Dolan's armoury. The old return of the petulance with colleagues, arm waving and most incredible of all, held scoreless I think.
The telling sign for me was Dolan with a free 40 yds out from the hand. The camera work was magical, zeroing in on his head, as his lairy eye flicked left and right as he sought the handy offload, not having the bottle to go for the score.
Granted, he can be wonderful in patches but he is completely lacking consistency. Sometimes when looking at him Seanie Johnston springs to mind.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8