GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Championships

+18
Parouisa
bocerty
mossbags
ollie
Loyal2TheRoyal
Scorpio
Boxtyeater
mugsys_barber
hurlingguru
samin12
RMDrive
bald eagle
black&white
Grenvile
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA-Fan
OMAR
The Puke
22 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Club Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: Club Championships

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:04 am

Now to the clash in Munster....yet more appalling refereeing... Mad

It must be said though, that in all fairness, the cream rises to the top. In what was an enjoyable enough affair, KIB, possessing possibly the best 15, just hadn't the touchstone that is the Gooch.
I'm quite familiar with heady moments (on-line poker and affinities with the likes of Kauto Star) but today Colm Cooper showed his real leadership and quality. As all around him, colleagues panicked and tried impossibilities, Gooch did the simple things and did them well. Foraging out to the 40yd. mark he made himself available for a few "emergency passes" and knocked them over with customary aplomb....

A class act...Club Championships - Page 7 Food-s42
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:15 am

Boxtyeater wrote:In fairness to Dolan, he looked at the ref and shuffled off with himself. 2 minutes later, Kilbride having made the cutting side-step, the ball was blocked but came to Dolan in an hopeless position, 10yds out and about 4 steps in off the sideline.....The bould' Frankie lofts her over with all the panache of a man having spent a tough day at the hay/bog, draining the first creamy one of the night......Impeccable...

I am glad you have seen the error of your ways. Frankie was/is indeed a class act
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  bluearmy1 Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Burren are through to the Ulster final after beating Latton by 2 points. Burren finished the game with 13 men in what was an exciting but often untidy game. Latton were very wasteful but showed great spirit in reducing the deficit created from a burst of Burren scores in the second half.

Burren have been developing their youth for quite a while now, and with a senior squad averaging 22 years of age, they are starting to take impressive shape. They were close to beating Crossmaglen last year, and will fancy their chances.
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:11 pm

bluearmy1 wrote: They were close to beating Crossmaglen last year, and will fancy their chances.

The very rock upon which many have perished in the last 15 years.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Very impressive second half showing from the Dublin version of St. Brigid's on Sunday. Conceded 3 bad goals in the first half but scored 1-12 in the second 30 to win by six. Barry Cahill was super again in midfield and Ken Kilmurray, Philly Ryan and Paddy Andrews notched 1-13 of the 1-20 total. They hit 2-15 last time out so they are good totals for an hours football. They have played 6 weeks on the trot now but conditions have been so good that I'd say it is helping more than hindering them. These lads should be well able for 60 mins in good ground conditions. Tough one next time out v Portlaoise even though they haven't been firing on all cylinders. But I expect the Dubs to make the Final.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:39 am

The Puke wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:In fairness to Dolan, he looked at the ref and shuffled off with himself. 2 minutes later, Kilbride having made the cutting side-step, the ball was blocked but came to Dolan in an hopeless position, 10yds out and about 4 steps in off the sideline.....The bould' Frankie lofts her over with all the panache of a man having spent a tough day at the hay/bog, draining the first creamy one of the night......Impeccable...

I am glad you have seen the error of your ways. Frankie was/is indeed a class act

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Dolan, as a man or player, isn't fit to lace the boots of those who have pre-dated him in the primrose and blue...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:36 am

Following a lengthy investigative process by The CCC in Tyrone Carrickmore and Dromore clubs have been issued with heavy suspensions and fines after ugly scenes which marred the recent Division One League Final. Four individuals from each club allegedly involved in the trouble outside the wire received one year suspensions while three players from the Carrickmore club were issued with suspensions totalling seventy two weeks.
The clubs were also fined £300 and ordered to play their next two competitive fixtures against each other at a neutral venue with the proceeds going to charity. In addition to these sanctions neither side will be allowed to take part in the top four playoffs for the 2012 Division One League title.
These are understood to be the toughest set of disciplinary determinations ever issued by The CCC and will surely cause much debate over the coming weeks.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:52 am

After what they did in Ballygawley a fortnight ago, I pity the neutral venue that has to host them.

Any new on who the 3 suspended players are? Guessing 2 McCallans will be among them.

Quite telling that no Dromore player has been suspended.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:03 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:After what they did in Ballygawley a fortnight ago, I pity the neutral venue that has to host them.

Any new on who the 3 suspended players are? Guessing 2 McCallans will be among them.

Quite telling that no Dromore player has been suspended.

2 McCallans and Colm McGurk - most interesting the county star got away in the smoke but then should we surprised!!!

There was no evidence on the video of any Dromore player even attempting to strike a Carrickmore player hence no suspensions for the Dromore players. The £300 fine whilst appearing a bit on the lenient side is apparently the maximum they could have been fined.

One thing though is how do they police the ban handed down to a supporter???? If one of them were to walk in to our club grounds tomorrow for a game we wouldnt have the first clue who they were and secondly even if we did and they were asked to leave and refused is there anything we can do to force them to leave.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:11 am

bocerty wrote: One thing though is how do they police the ban handed down to a supporter???? If one of them were to walk in to our club grounds tomorrow for a game we wouldnt have the first clue who they were and secondly even if we did and they were asked to leave and refused is there anything we can do to force them to leave.

Very good point, both in terms of recognition, and the potential for a row breaking out if they refused to leave.

I think such bans are more of a token gesture, but will only be enforced if the recipient of the ban respects it. I go back to my earlier point that it is the police who should be involved in sanction for spectator violence.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:10 am

Crusheen are the bet of the weekend at 6/4. They will be hard bet
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
bocerty wrote: One thing though is how do they police the ban handed down to a supporter???? If one of them were to walk in to our club grounds tomorrow for a game we wouldnt have the first clue who they were and secondly even if we did and they were asked to leave and refused is there anything we can do to force them to leave.

Very good point, both in terms of recognition, and the potential for a row breaking out if they refused to leave.

I think such bans are more of a token gesture, but will only be enforced if the recipient of the ban respects it. I go back to my earlier point that it is the police who should be involved in sanction for spectator violence.

all very well TC but there is still a bit of a taboo amongst GAA clubs in involving the PSNI in such matters. Not only is there still a level of resentment towards PSNI within the clubs but also the administrators in Tyrone (and elsewhere no doubt) feel they should 'police' their own members and dont need the involvement of the PSNI.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:54 pm

bocerty wrote: all very well TC but there is still a bit of a taboo amongst GAA clubs in involving the PSNI in such matters. Not only is there still a level of resentment towards PSNI within the clubs but also the administrators in Tyrone (and elsewhere no doubt) feel they should 'police' their own members and dont need the involvement of the PSNI.

I know that Boc, but it is still wrong.

Breaking jaws, biting ears and general assault of other people are criminal matters. What punishment did the thugs get? A year's suspension (virtunally unenforceable) from watching matches?! Sticking our heads in the sand and saying that we will police it ourselves just encourages repeat offences.

The result of such nonsense punishments will be parents stopping taking their children to matches, and stopping them from playing. The GAA will soon become viewed in the same light as the Irish League.

On that, what would your thoughts be if the violence had taken place in a crowd at Windsor Park? Should the IFA be left to deal with it?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
bocerty wrote: all very well TC but there is still a bit of a taboo amongst GAA clubs in involving the PSNI in such matters. Not only is there still a level of resentment towards PSNI within the clubs but also the administrators in Tyrone (and elsewhere no doubt) feel they should 'police' their own members and dont need the involvement of the PSNI.

I know that Boc, but it is still wrong.

Breaking jaws, biting ears and general assault of other people are criminal matters. What punishment did the thugs get? A year's suspension (virtunally unenforceable) from watching matches?! Sticking our heads in the sand and saying that we will police it ourselves just encourages repeat offences.

The result of such nonsense punishments will be parents stopping taking their children to matches, and stopping them from playing. The GAA will soon become viewed in the same light as the Irish League.

On that, what would your thoughts be if the violence had taken place in a crowd at Windsor Park? Should the IFA be left to deal with it?

TC I dont necessarily agree with the attitude of some of our elder statesmen who administer our games and call the shots. These guys are old school and like things done the way they were always done. They hate change and are reluctant to move with the times. In some ways i see what they are trying to preserve as far as traditions of the GAA are concerned and sometimes i think to myself its all a load of bollox.

That said do you think a Catholic from Dromore/Carrickmore would get the same treatment from the PSNI as say a Linfield supporter who was guilty of the same offence??????

it doesnt paint our games in a good light and yes it does result in children/parents drifting away to other sports or away from sport altogether. It also does little to encourage members of the protestant community to get involved in our games. But would a major Police investigation were there was mudslinging going on between clubs and or players do anything to help the situation????????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:51 am

Lads - I can understand the absolute reticence to involve the PSNI and I have to say if this happened south of the border there wouldn't exactly be a stampede to the local Garda station either.

In other words the problem is not exclusively the police force ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:45 pm

The Puke wrote:Crusheen are the bet of the weekend at 6/4. They will be hard bet

They'll be 6/4 the next day too Pukey bar, it's in Ennis. The Dillons had stormers at the back for them but the goalie is on the dodgy side. O'Grady provided a bit of cuteness at 14 but the forward line looked weak enough. That said, if Na Piarsaig hadn't Shane Dowling rattling up 1-7 from midfield they would be considered no great shakes either.

Both outsiders for the club final.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Didn't see it but was told that they dominated for long periods yet were fortunate enough to get a draw at the end.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:13 am

Parouisa wrote:Coolderry full value for their win in Parnell. Boden missed a couple of early goal chances and the Offaly men goaled just on halftime. After HT Boden were chasing the game and couldn't get nearer than 3/4 points. Lambert forced out the field in search of possession which left Boden light inside - Keaney badly missed. Coolderry are not a bad outfit at all with Cathal Parlon and big Martin Corcoran very good up front with good support from Murray and Ryan. Bradys were excellent in defence and they will give Oulart plenty to think about - fully deserving winners.

Great maiden win for the Offaly men!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:21 pm

I think the winners of the Munster replay will be hard beaten ultimately and next Sunday may be the real final.

St Brigid's take on Portlaoise next Sunday in Parnell. Should be an interesting game with the Laois men failing to sparkle thus far. Brigids will welcome the rest last Sunday but will not get away with another poor 1st half showing or conceding 3 soft goals. I expect the Blanchardstown men to be well up for it though and to make the Leinster Final. Athy and Garrycastle will be tight too with me giving the nod to Anthony Cunningham's charges.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Sunday saw Tyrone club Derrytresk claim the Ulster Junior Title. A small club based in the townland of Derrytresk near Clonoe, they defeated Monaghan club Cremartin in the final on Sunday past.

The final few minutes saw Derrytresk snatch victory in somewhat controversial circumstances, the referee changed his mind twice on a free and Derrytresk scored a goal from it.

their success is all the more remarkable given that (and i didnt know this until last night) that two years ago they were on the verge of packing it all in as they were struggling with numbers.

Well done Derrytresk, and to all involved. When awards are being handed out each year by the GAA its guys like those who kept this club (and others like them) going who deserve them most..............
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bluearmy1 Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:34 pm

You can say a lot about the PSNI and 'fair treatment' but the GAA is a sporting and cultural organisation, not a branch of the criminal justice system. It has the right to impose bans/fines on members and affiliated clubs in cases where its own rules are broken. When it comes to criminal violence there can be no hesitation on the part of local GAA authorities to report these incidents immediately to the police. The PSNI and policing in the North is not as unique as many of us like to think, there are few countries I know of where fair policing is not a bone of contention. All these stories of assaults at matches are a slur on the name of a proud Association, to cover them up because of a silly sense of loyalty or to not cause too much of a fuss about it is a further slur on that name; a slur that could have serious implications in years to come.
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Crusheen a point up at H/T
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Crusheen looked to have the winning of it, 9 points to 6 up with 15 minutes left but Na Pairsigh rallied and completely dominated the last 15 minutes scoring 1-7 without reply. Finished up 1-13 to 0-09
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:35 am

Very good win for the Blanchardstown lads. Excellent game too with Brigids just having enough in extra time. Barry Cahill is playing great stuff altogether. Be an interesting Final but its hard to see beyond Crossmaglen for the ultimate prize.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:27 pm

The Puke wrote:Crusheen will win Munster, the best side to come out of Clare since the Barefield side at the turn of the century

Will Na Piarsaigh win the All Ireland?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down