GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'F*** off, Mickey Harte'

5 posters

Go down

'F*** off, Mickey Harte' Empty 'F*** off, Mickey Harte'

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:25 am

Joe Brolly's words, not mine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For once, though, I can see his point. Tyrone have been terrible to watch in 2015, and there are plenty more like us. Derry were shameful in setting out to avoid a hammering against Dublin, in a game that they needed to win to avoid relegation. After the match, Brian McIvor seemed bizarrely satisfied with his side's performance, despite them only scoring 4 points in the entire match.

Is this what we've come to? Is our game becoming all about keeping the score down, in the hope that you can nick a late winner? Surely young lads who make so many sacrifices on their time/bodies/careers are aspiring to more than this rubbish?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

'F*** off, Mickey Harte' Empty Re: 'F*** off, Mickey Harte'

Post  bocerty Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:18 am

totally agree with him TC and also with Jarlath Burns - havent been to a game all year and have no intention of going back until things change for the better.

What we are seeing is muck and Mickey (and the rest) have some neck to try and defend that schite saying we are not in a business of entertaining - dont worry Mickey keep this up you soon wont have anyone to entertain.

Time to move on Mickey - your work in Tyrone is done and has been for some time now. In fact your starting to undo much of the good work you started many years ago.

Young players deserve better then what they are getting from their managers.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:49 am

Indeed, and today McIvor is saying that Croke Park need to do something with the rules to ensure that attacking football is promoted. Well, Brian, how about you do something with your tactics. The rules aren't forcing you to play that way.

And Jim Gavin too deserves a touch, as his tactics in the first half went a long way to contributing to Saturday night's debacle.

As I've said many times before, sport is not about results - if it was, we'd all just read the scores in the papers the next day.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Hope all is well with mickey harte

taking a lot of flak of his own fans lately Tyrone supporters need to realeise there is no easy way back to the top

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:58 am

champers wrote:
taking a lot of flak of his own fans lately Tyrone supporters need to realeise there is no easy way back to the top

Tell that to Kerry.

Trouble is, Champers, we are falling further away, instead of climbing back to the top. That is my main gripe, and why I think we need a change.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Mickey Harte reminds me of Brian Clough with Nottingham Forest. Like Harte he brought them to the promised land but stayed on too long and brought them back to where they were before he arrived.

I see Tyrone are in Ulster U21 final tonight something Tyrone haven't won since 2006 another reason why Tyrone seniors have fallen back IMO.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:56 am

Easy to fall into the trap of blaming Derry for their tactics against Dublin, but they got walloped against Dublin last time out in Croker and in fairness the Dubs set out just the same against Derry! The media fawn over Dublin as the saviours of Gaelic football so Dublin get let off much slating despite having 14 men behind the ball for much of the Derry game! Why would Derry play open football when they got walloped last time in Croker? Surely you can all see that this would be suicide!!

See Paddy Heaneys article here -

and his subsequent photos on Twitter that show it's not only Derry/nordies that play this way!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down