GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mickey Harte - media hoor?

+4
KerryKatriona
RMDrive
bocerty
3inarow08
8 posters

Go down

Mickey Harte - media hoor? Empty Mickey Harte - media hoor?

Post  3inarow08 Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:23 pm

First off, feel free to change the thread title if it's risky.

Now to the meat, the man seems to be on the tv, radio or in the papers every week. He has an opinion on everything. Lads heading off to Australia, proposed rule changes, his book.......now they're only recent examples but all year he's coming out with his tuppence worth. Does he think he's the spokesman for the GAA or something?
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Mickey Harte - media hoor? Empty Re: Mickey Harte - media hoor?

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:36 pm

he complains about fellas going to other sports yet he has no problem working with boxers as a "mentor", im sure his services come free of charge. Annoys my s***e, excellent manager though.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:52 pm

Triona - i think the title is about right to be honest - i am sick of seeing him in the papers on an almost daily basis and he goes over the same shite in every article - if its not the Aussies he's on about its rule changes.

Time he realised that the GAA world does not revolve around him and he is one very small component of a very large organisation. Interesting to note it was a Tyrone man who chaired the committee that came up with the proposed new rules.

It is also interesting to note that Cody has come out with the same mouthful about the changes to the hurling rules, though i do think he has a better case than Mickey
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:00 pm

He's everywhere all right. In his defence I'd say that he's the first person the media call for a comment. He's articulated, opinionated and well respected and I'm sure they love him.
He's no John Joe Doherty all the same.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:02 pm

You would never see our Micko touting himself around like this.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:01 pm

KerryKatriona wrote:You would never see our Micko touting himself around like this.

not for free anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:44 pm

RMDrive wrote:He's no John Joe Doherty all the same.

They aren't asking John Joe the right questions RMD. I'm sure you are aware of some suitable posers for JJ.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:04 pm

This thread reminds of Oaksy.

Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad

So many memories.....................

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:27 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:This thread reminds of Oaksy.

Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_sad

So many memories.....................

It's the time of the year for memories all right Loyal. We're here for you if you need us....Where's the famed Meath resilience?..Jaysus Graham Geraghty wouldn't be liking this at all at all, not to mention the Senchelstown sensation.. Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_eek Mickey Harte - media hoor? Affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Thanks Boxty, I just can't believe she's gone!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Would this help Loyal? It has the words "Bright" and a few trees in it.... Mickey Harte - media hoor? Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:57 pm

I created a thread like this last year and was crucified for it. The man gurns about everything. I don't read his Irish News Column becasue even glancing at it bores me to tears.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:12 pm

you can always depend on a Tyrone thread to get the Derry posters out of the woodwork
jerry jerry jerry jerry
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:23 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Thanks Boxty, I just can't believe she's gone!

SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  GaelicView Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:29 pm

Im a Derry fan, but I have the utmost respect for the man.

If only we had a manager like that....
I don't like his Irish News column because I don't find it as interesting as Paddy Heaneys, or Benny Tierneys, but I think that the media have a habbit of going straight to him.
GaelicView
GaelicView
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Derry
Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:37 pm

GaelicView wrote:Im a Derry fan, but I have the utmost respect for the man.

I don't like his Irish News column because I don't find it as interesting as Paddy Heaneys, or Benny Tierneys, but I think that the media have a habbit of going straight to him.

GaelicView - welcome to the GT Site - we all respect the man for what he has achieved but his almost weekly outbursts are getting a bit repetitive - if it isn't in the interest of Tyrone then he doesn't want to know. His altest one being about the new rules, is it not better to give the new rules a chance and then criticise them with hindsight than not giving them a chance at all.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:22 pm

bocerty wrote:

GaelicView - welcome to the GT Site - we all respect the man for what he has achieved but his almost weekly outbursts are getting a bit repetitive - if it isn't in the interest of Tyrone then he doesn't want to know. His altest one being about the new rules, is it not better to give the new rules a chance and then criticise them with hindsight than not giving them a chance at all.

GaelicView I'd like to welcome you to the site also!

Just to point out, I didn't start this thread to question the man's record, it's second only to Micko's, but it's his constant views on everything that irritate me. Micko is more successful and a legend as both a player and manager - why is he not in the papers, tv and radio weekly giving me his opinion on how to cook the Xmas turkey?
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:45 pm

3inarow08 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Just to point out, I didn't start this thread to question the man's record, it's second only to Micko's, but it's his constant views on everything that irritate me. Micko is more successful and a legend as both a player and manager - why is he not in the papers, tv and radio weekly giving me his opinion on how to cook the Xmas turkey?

simple answer - he's too busy counting the kudos he has relieved several county boards off.....
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:42 pm

bocerty wrote:
3inarow08 wrote:
bocerty wrote:

And rightly so, sure don't you have to pay for quality?!

simple answer - he's too busy counting the kudos he has relieved several county boards off.....
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:29 am

He is a bit of a yap
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down