GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyrone GT news

+23
Gaa_lover
emmetryan
Armaghgeddon
bald eagle
Parouisa
The Puke
scoopmine
OMAR
bluearmy1
redhandman
hipster 2
Real Kerry Fan
GAA-Fan
Grenvile
RMDrive
Loyal2TheRoyal
patrique
Boxtyeater
bocerty
Thomas Clarke
Jayo Cluxton
mullins
mugsys_barber
27 posters

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down

Tyrone GT news - Page 27 Empty Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  bocerty Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:04 am

not too many seen that result coming - though i have to say i did say to the father in law before it started after he made a comment about Tyrone getting a hammering that i wouldnt be surprised to see Tyrone win.

As TC says we have a habit of bouncing back after games like Monaghan - but as he also rightly says it is generally short lived. The performance was workmanlike but by god we took few if any risks - playing a ball into a 1 man forward line surrounded by at times 5 defenders is absolute madness. You simply have to commit men forward when you have the ball.

In many ways it illustrates what a fickle bunch we supporters are - we arent happy either way. Mickey will have enjoyed this immensely as it gives him an opportunity to step back up on his self constructed pedestal and preach to us how wrong we were - something tells me though the doubters will have the last laugh.

Gaelic football is unfortunately heading the way of cricket - a game you couldn't watch - the fun and enjoyment has gone out of it and unless something is done very soon i dread to think where it will end up. All that matters is results - the Wexford Manager hadnt much good to say about Armagh on Sunday and for me that could be repeated around the country by other managers week in week out. We have sacrificed the ball players and the skill for athletes and the result is our game is in a downward spiral and in bad need of CPR
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:37 am

bocerty wrote:
Gaelic football is unfortunately heading the way of cricket - a game you couldn't watch - the fun and enjoyment has gone out of it and unless something is done very soon i dread to think where it will end up.  All that matters is results - the Wexford Manager hadnt much good to say about Armagh on Sunday and for me that could be repeated around the country by other managers week in week out.  We have sacrificed the ball players and the skill for athletes and the result is our game is in a downward spiral and in bad need of CPR

Outstanding observation from Bocerty. However, the club game between Corofin and Vincents was IMO excellent..
In other news, well there isn't any. Leitrim battling to stay in D4 (not Ballsbridge either)...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:30 am

Same 15 again for Tyrone, which is no surprise. After using 34 players in last year's championship, Mickey is nailing his colours tothe mast very easrly this season. He has picked what is basically his best side, and will roll with it. Injuries and the odd tweak here or there are inevitable but, those aside, there'll be a lot of lads doing nothing this season other than training and spectating.

The one interesting inclusion to note is corner forward Mark Bradley, from Bocerty's Killyclogher club, making his first appearance in a Tyrone senior squad. Still an U21, Bradley is named on the bench for Sunday. He's very skillful and willing, but lack of size could come against him. I genuinely don't know how fast Bradley is, as I haven't seen him in a couple of years but, in intercounty football, if you're not big, you have to be exceptionally fast or quick. Bocerty will be able to shed more light on Bradley's prospects with the seniors...
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:37 pm

TC to be honest i dont know an awful lot about him in terms of his speed - hes a useful lad at club level in fact i would go as far as to say he was a significant factor in us winning the league last year. But county football is a different animal and he would have a lot of work to do in my opinion to make it at this level.

Hes a willing lad and wouldnt let you down through lack of effort or work but size could be an issue but Mickey must like what he sees, that said Mickey has enough issues of his own and it looks like hsi days are certainly numbered and more worringly the days of our new sponsors look to be numbered as well. They are not at all happy with the lack of media exposure due to Mickeys ban on talking to RTE. Seems they were given assurances that interviews would be conducted by designated players.

this hasnt materialized and whilst Mickey claims that this is the players choice and not his i would gurantee the first man to give an interview might find that his involvement in the panel could be quickly brought to an end by Kim Jong Harte
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:47 am

bocerty wrote:.... Mickey has enough issues of his own and it looks like hsi days are certainly numbered and more worringly the days of our new sponsors look to be numbered as well.  They are not at all happy with the lack of media exposure due to Mickeys ban on talking to RTE.  Seems they were given assurances that interviews would be conducted by designated players.

this hasnt materialized and whilst Mickey claims that this is the players choice and not his i would gurantee the first man to give an interview might find that his involvement in the panel could be quickly brought to an end  by Kim Jong Harte  

Yes, the story I heard was that Mickey was approached by the Head of RTE Sports after the Derry game and, when the man identified himself, Mickey informed him that he wouldn't be giving him an interview, nor would any of the players. McAleer and Rushe, our new sponsors after Hunky Dorys pulled out due to lack of exposure/return, contacted the county board during the week to ask for clarification. As you've said, they were supposedly given prior assurances that a player representative would be made available to RTE after every game this year, even if Mickey himself chose to continue his boycott.

I think the time has come for Mickey to tell the players that one of them has to speak to RTE, rather than 'giving them the choice'. He needs to be big enough to say 'I feel wronged, so I'm not speaking to them but, in the interests of Tyrone football, it is important that players don't fight my battle for me'. I hope he is big enough to do this.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:05 am

Mickey Harte described Tyrone's mauling at the hands of Donegal on Sunday as the worst performance by any Tyrone side over which he had presided.  

Mickey says that he was confused and surprised, because the team had played so well against Cork and Dublin.  Well, if ever evidence was needed that Mickey has been watching a different game to the rest of us of late, that is it.  Tyrone won neither of those games, and arguably threw them both away due to sideline inaction.  Before that we had a dire draw against Derry and a hiding from Monaghan, and all this on the back of a very poor summer 2014.

Tyrone need to beat Kerry by at least 2 points in Omagh on Easter Sunday to send the Kingdom down to division to in our stead.  Most sides would be optimistic of having a shot at this, but our record in Omagh is incredibly bad over the last year.  We 've only won 1 league/championship match there in over 12 months, having lost 4 and drawn 2 of our 7 home matches in that time (we beat Louth).

Tyrone are going nowhere this year, irrespective of whether or not there is an improvde perforrmace this weekend.  We have been playing the same starting 15 in almost every game, and bringing on the same 2-3 subs.  This is our best team that has been out every week - it's as good/bad as we are.  

Personally, if you gave me the choice today of either surviving in division 1 or beating Donegal in the 1st round of Ulster, I'd genuinely take division 1 survival.  In the long run, I think it will do us more good, as we aren't consistently good enough to do anything this summer anyway.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Tyrone GT news - Page 27 Empty Tyrone.....

Post  Boxtyeater Thu May 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Matters regarding Tyrone...Well almost.

None of his classmates liked him because of his stupidity and clumsiness, especially his teacher, who was always yelling at him, "You're driving me mad, Tyrone."

One day Tyrone's mom came to school to check on how he was doing.
The teacher told his mom honestly, that her son was simply a disaster, getting very low marks, and that she had never had she seen such a stupid boy in her entire teaching career.

The mom was shocked at the feedback and withdrew her son from school and moved out of Detroit, relocating to Cleveland.

25 years later, the teacher was diagnosed with an almost incurable cardiac disease.
All the doctors strongly advised her to have heart surgery, which only one surgeon at the Cleveland Clinic could perform.

Left with no other options, the teacher decided to have the operation, which was successful.

When she opened her eyes after the surgery she saw a handsome young doctor smiling down at her.

She wanted to thank him, but could not talk. Her face started to turn blue, she raised her hand, trying to tell him something but quickly died .
The doctor was shocked, wondering what went wrong so suddenly.

Then he turned around and saw our friend Tyrone, a janitor in the clinic, who had unplugged the life-support equipment in order to connect his vacuum cleaner

Don't tell me you thought Tyrone became a heart surgeon.

Reminiscent of something Bocerty would do out of spite.... affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri May 08, 2015 12:08 am

Given the numbers posting on this forum, jokes about turning off the life support system are too close to the bone. Still, like Tyrone football, a heartbeat has been detected... ;jedi;
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:12 am

The Tyrone managerial saga looks set to run a bit longer, as it emerges that Mickey Harte, out of contract, will have to interview for the role.

Harte will have to interview for new term

This is a power struggle between ireland's first female county chairperson (Roisin Jordan) and Harte, with one of the bones of contention being disagreement over media responsibilities to sponsors.

6 weeks ago, Id've been sure that Mickey's era was as good as over, but the dramatic improvement in our performances at the business end of the championship has led most people to think that he deserves another year. Mickey has forced the issue, already having met with the team and outlining plans for next year.

This is a tough one. To give him the 3 years that he wants seems to long, certainly based on performances as a whole over the last 2-3 years. However, to give him 1 year would set him up as a lame duck, and you run the risk of lads leaving the panel or refusing to join it, confident that there'll be a clean slate under a new man in 2017 (this is what happened this year, with mass exoduses and refused offers, no doubt due to belief that Mickey would be gone by now).

So then you wonder do we get rid of him altogether? Although I've been a critic, my view on these things is always to determine in what direction the arrow is pointing, and the last 6 weeks would suggest that Tyrone are finally making progress, and probably not that far away.

Honestly, I don't think that Logan/Canavan or any viable internal candidate will interview against Mickey, and Tyrone have never had a manager from outside the county, something which I'd be confident will continue.

For me, the ideal solution here is that Mickey publicly gets 2 more years in order to bring stability to the panel, with a gentleman's agreement with Logan/Canavan that he will step aside after 12 months if certain progress is not made (i.e. an AI final appearance and promotion to division 1). But I doubt that Mickey would go for that. All getting messy...
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:17 pm

just called in for the craic but no one about unfortunately.

Was going to gloat and gloat some more about Tyrones USFC win yesterday - but i may talk to myself. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:23 pm

bocerty wrote:just called in for the craic but no one about unfortunately.

Was going to gloat and gloat some more about Tyrones USFC win yesterday - but i may talk to myself. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

A great day, Boc - one of my very best as a Tyrone fan. The game was a damp squib for 65 minutes, but what a finish. Plus, for a such a poor game, it had 7 or 8 of the best points you'll see, topped off by Harte's monster effort!

Roll on the quarter finals!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:45 pm

How the mighty have fallen Sad

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:28 pm

champers wrote:How the mighty have fallen Sad

Not even a little bit worried, Champers?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:57 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
bocerty wrote:just called in for the craic but no one about unfortunately.

A great day, Boc - one of my very best as a Tyrone fan.  The game was a damp squib for 65 minutes, but what a finish.  Plus, for a such a poor game, it had 7 or 8 of the best points you'll see, topped off by Harte's monster effort!

Roll on the quarter finals!

Was a great finish to an otherwise uneventful game - the first 60 minutes was tough to watch but i can appreciate that this is what it takes to win games these days - said it before and will say it again its not pretty to watch but it seems to be the only show in town.

As for how the mighty have fallen i guess thats nerves from Champers as the Dubs head into their first real test of the season.......
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Oh gosh just 1 one game left hard to know will it be tough/soft anyways i think we are so close to the big debate 70s best ever or who in this decade could lay claim to that team anyway DUBLIN BY 7+PULLING UP it really has being fun BELIEVE take care guys Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:13 pm

champers wrote:Oh gosh just 1 one game left hard to know will it be tough/soft anyways i think we are so close to the big debate 70s best ever or who in this decade could lay claim to that team anyway DUBLIN BY 7+PULLING UP  it really has being fun BELIEVE take care guys Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

It was tough, alright. You got bullied and battered to a virtual standstill, and were incredibly lucky to get out of it with a draw. The Dubs will need to man up for the replay because the same is coming your way again.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27