GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Championships

+18
Parouisa
bocerty
mossbags
ollie
Loyal2TheRoyal
Scorpio
Boxtyeater
mugsys_barber
hurlingguru
samin12
RMDrive
bald eagle
black&white
Grenvile
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA-Fan
OMAR
The Puke
22 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Club Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: Club Championships

Post  Podger Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Athy beat Carbury to win their senior title in 24 years on Sunday. Athy got off to a flyer with two early goals and went on to win by 2-11 to 2-7. Wasn't there but I heard it was a good enough game.
Podger
Podger
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Kildare
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:03 am

hurlingguru wrote:Carlow SHC Final Replay:
Mt Leinster Rangers 2-12 Naomh Eoin 3-05

Disgraceful scenes before the start of the match where a mass brawl broke out involving every player on the pitch except the Naomh Eoin goalkeeper. This led to a fight breaking out in the stand where the gardaí had to get involved.Rangers deserved their win. Played the better free flowing hurling when it really mattered.

Boxtyeater is getting reports (from an interested spectator) that the infraction referred to, was in fact, caused by a player getting bored with the lack of on-field activities and noticing some "action" in the stand, waded in with a hurl (hurley)....

Totally against the grain and against what the games are all about, but Boxty could write books about such "mis-demeanours"...

Nearly 50 tears on, some of us, at wakes or funerals, can recall days and tournaments where "tempers boiled"....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:39 pm

bald eagle wrote:
bocerty wrote:i would change no 1 ever so slightly, you are more like England, you produce good enough players they just cant play as a team!!!!

Interestingly enough McIver who is managing Dromore has set the record straight and claims he is in fact a Tyrone native.
For the record the Tyrone County Final will see a repeat of the infamous final of a few years back. Dromore had a 16pts to 8 pts victory over Omagh and Clonoe beat Derrylaughlan 1-13 - 1.03

Knew i didn't like him!!!

Who will be favourites for that Boc? Surely Dromore will be on a revenge mission but it sounds like Clonoe will run through walls for Cassidy!

its a tough one to call BE - as we all know there is a bit of history between the two after the infamous final of a few years ago. Whatever can be said about Cassidys time in charge of Derry he certainly has the midas touch when it comes to Clonoe. They would indeed run through walls.

That said Dromore have a score to settle and probably have the better players and better team. I'd expect a scrappy low scoring affair with Dromore to prevail by the narrowest of margins.

On a side note the rumour mill has it that Paddy Tally and Brian McIver will be taking the reigns at Omagh St Enda's next year!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:27 am

bocerty wrote:its a tough one to call BE - as we all know there is a bit of history between the two after the infamous final of a few years ago. Whatever can be said about Cassidys time in charge of Derry he certainly has the midas touch when it comes to Clonoe. They would indeed run through walls.

That said Dromore have a score to settle and probably have the better players and better team. I'd expect a scrappy low scoring affair with Dromore to prevail by the narrowest of margins.

On a side note the rumour mill has it that Paddy Tally and Brian McIver will be taking the reigns at Omagh St Enda's next year!!!!

Clonoe seemed to do a good job on Omagh with a very convincing sounding win in the Semi Final, i know Dromore have the recent pedegree but it makes for a brilliant final, i just wish i was still at home as i'd be at it like a shot! I'll go for Clonoe, just on the Cassidy factor!

Just wondering, what happened Paul McIvers playing career? I remember him as a brilliant colleges player, then winning a Senior Championship with Ballinderry when he was about 20, but nothing after that! Did injury put pay to his career? He was one lad i was looking out for in the county scene but never seemed to make it and i never knew why!

Interesting about Tally & McIver Senior, do Omagh have the players to mount a serious assult on the Tyrone SFC? How did Crozier get on there overall? I know they got to the Semi this year but little else about his tenure.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Club Championships - Page 3 Empty British Club Championship

Post  bald eagle Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:39 am

Provincial JFC Quarter-finals:

Cuchullian’s (York ) v 1.10 Dunedin Connolly’s (Scotland ) 1.08.

John Mitchel’s (Lancs) 2.12 v Round Towers (London) 1.12

Glen Rovers (Herts) 4.15 v St Nicholas (Glouc) 1.07

Semi Final Draw -

John Mitchel’s (Lancs) v St Barnabas (Warw)

This should be the tie of the championship, Barnabas are representing Warwickshire for the first time after winning the championship in only their second season back in the Senior division. They have been by far the strongest team in Warks this season and are unluck to come up against one of the best ever club sides at this level in Mitchels of Liverpool. Mitchels have not been too hampered with the founding of a rival club in Liverpool and should have enough in the tank in terms of firepower and experience to get past the challenge of Barnabas.

Cuchullian’s (York) v Glen Rovers (Herts)

Cuchullians won their 4th Yorkshire championship in a row and dispached of 2009 British Champions in their Quarter Final, albiet after a very tight affair. They are the Peninne League winners and the only side to beat Mitchels all year. Glen Rovers had a handy win over first time Gloucestershire Champions St Nicholas of Bristol. In truth, we didn't learn a lot about Rovers such was the ease of their win and they will have something to say about the people who write them off in this one. All things being equal, my bet for this game is definately the Yorkshire side, simply as their form this season has been brilliant!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:16 pm

Crossmaglen Rangers 2-20 0-03 Ballymacnab

Not long left...nab's first final.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Kilmurry Ilbrikane won the Clare football final against St Joseph's Doora/Barefield. 0-18 to 0-05. Joseph's were held scoreless in the first half

Drom & Inch won the Dan Breen cup for the first time in Tipp with Seamus Callinan leading the charge while Ballygunner hosed up in the Waterford final
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:40 pm

Crossmaglen 2-22
Ballymacnab 0-3

Crossmaglen 2-22 Ballymacnab 0-3

Crossmaglen claimed their 38th Armagh Senior Football Championship title, with a twenty five point drubbing of Ballymacnab on Sunday afternoon. The former All Ireland club champions now qualify for a meeting with St Gall’s in the Ulster Club Championship. On this performance they are still the team to beat in the province and will take some stopping.

This final was a total mismatch from start to finish, with Cross leading by 0-12 to 0-1 at the interval. Even at that early stage there was no way back for the underdogs, but in fairness to the victors, they never took their foot off the gas and played right until the final whistle. The competition for places on the side is very strong, and Oisin McConville only managed a late appearance as a substitute. Indeed but for the heroics of Nab goalkeeper, Sean Hughes, the result of this match could have been even worse for his side. He saved a penalty from Stephen Kernan in the first half, when Cross led 0-7 to 0-0. That would have finished the tie even earlier if it had gone in.

Jamie Clarke was the only one of the Cross forwards who failed to get on the scoreboard on the day,and he was substituted late on. All the others were on form and even those that were introduced got in on the act. Kyle Brennan found the net less than a minute after being introduced into the action. It will be a difficult job for management to pick their first fifteen for the St Gall’s game, as a number of this Cross side impressed on the day.

For the losers, Stephen Hughes was the outstanding player, keeping his side in the game with a number of fine saves. The forwards were very disappointing, managing just a single point in the first half, and adding two more after the interval. As expected, Cross march on and must be worthy favourites to add yet another Ulster crown to their tally.

- Sportsnews Ireland
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:50 pm

In the Cork county Football final, UCC defeated Castlehaven by 1-12 to 0-10. The college were much sharper and quicker and seemed the likelier team to win throughout the match. However Castlehaven drew level with just four minutes left and looked to be in a good position as they now seemed to be dominating the game. But just one minute later, UCC won a penalty which was converted and effectively killed off any hopes Castlehaven had.

Last edited by Scorpio on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scorpio
Scorpio
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Drom and Inch: 1-19; Clonulty-Rossmore: 2-14

TG4’s second game today featured the Tipperary County Hurling final. A great game to watch, with the scores tight for most of the match and one of the cleanest games of hurling I’ve seen for a long time. I’d nearly forgotten what clean, open hurling looked like.
Scorpio
Scorpio
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Well the Kerry final is Crokes v Mid Kerry. Mid Kerry had to go to extra time to beat East Kerry(The pony played well at 38 years). Kieran O'Leary kicked the winner in the other semi. Should be a great final. Mid Kerry (if Darrendonna fit) to win.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:25 am

DUBLIN SFC QUARTER-FINALS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22
SFC q/f Parnell Park 3-00pm Parnell’s v Ballymun Kickhams
SFC q/f Parnell Park 4-30pm St Vincent’s v St Oliver Plunkett’s/ER
SFC q/f O’Toole Park 3-00pm Thomas Davis v Lucan Sarsfields
SFC q/f O’Toole Park 4-30pm St Brigid’s v Ballyboden St Enda’s
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  bluearmy1 Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:58 am

Burren comfortably defeated Clonduff 2-14 to 2-3 in the Down SFC Final to claim back-to-back titles. On the back of almost non-stop success at underage level in recent years Burren have sent out a signal that they are well poised to become, if not so already, the powerhouse of Down club football once again. Almost a year on from Kevin McKernan's astonishing miss in injury time against Crossmaglen in a one-point defeat in the Ulster Championship Burren will feel they have a real chance in this year's provincial competition.

They will face Roslea in the quarter-finals. The date of the match may have to be rearranged to accomodate for star player Kevin McKernan's participation in the International Rules Series.
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:11 am

DUBLIN SFC SEMI-FINALS
St Oliver Plunkett’s/Eoghan Ruadh v Lucan Sarsfields, 3.0
St Brigid’s v Ballymun Kickhams, 4.30
Games will take place next Saturday as a double-header in Parnell Park

Ballyboden hammered (10 points) by Brigids, Vincents lose to Plunketts by a goal, Ballymun beat Cluxton's Parnells by 5 and Lucan (dark horses I feel!) beat Tomas Davis by 8.

Hurling final will be O'Tooles v Ballyboden (drive or five and unbackable)
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Watching Clare club final on TG4, you'd feel sorry for the players. Conditions are atrocious and the pitch is cutting up even after 10 minutes. I'd say its the same at most county finals today. Not a day for the players or fans.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Parouisa wrote:Watching Clare club final on TG4, you'd feel sorry for the players. Conditions are atrocious and the pitch is cutting up even after 10 minutes. I'd say its the same at most county finals today. Not a day for the players or fans.

You should have been in Pairc Tailteann last night in the spilling rain where the four sides gave exhibitions in how to handle the elements.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Parouisa wrote:DUBLIN SFC SEMI-FINALS
St Oliver Plunkett’s/Eoghan Ruadh v Lucan Sarsfields, 3.0
St Brigid’s v Ballymun Kickhams, 4.30
Games will take place next Saturday as a double-header in Parnell Park

Ballyboden hammered (10 points) by Brigids, Vincents lose to Plunketts by a goal, Ballymun beat Cluxton's Parnells by 5 and Lucan (dark horses I feel!) beat Tomas Davis by 8.

Hurling final will be O'Tooles v Ballyboden (drive or five and unbackable)

You haven't done bad to get it down to the last four. Has the format been tweaked to find a winner in the least possible time?

Lucan would be renowned as hurling country I think and you'd feel an Anthony Moyles led Plunketts might have enough for them.

Other semi looks close on paper. It'd be nice if the cup was brought back to Blanchardstown or Ballymun - two underdeveloped and impoverished parts of the county. Would do wonders for community in those areas.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:06 pm

Wouldn't be bothered watching inter county at this time of year. The season is over and the prizes have been handed out. This is club season. Anyone trying to do anything on the county scene at this time of year must be really desperate.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Parouisa wrote:Wouldn't be bothered watching inter county at this time of year. The season is over and the prizes have been handed out. This is club season. Anyone trying to do anything on the county scene at this time of year must be really desperate.

October 2011 to December 2011 is when next year's Leinster championship will be won and lost.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Club Championships - Page 3 Empty Mayo SFC

Post  RMDrive Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Ballintubber have retained their tile beating Castlebar Mitchels by 1-10 to 1-09. Poor conditions and a poor enough game but Balkintubber deserved their win.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:36 am

Not sure its right to play games in conditions like today. Clare final was a lottery and though its the same for both teams it doesn't make it right.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:14 am

Only for the fact it was being broadcast live on TG4 i'd say the Clare final would have been called off at half time. Terrible conditions.

Fair play to crusheen though, they are a fine side and more than deserve their back to back titles and they are as good as anything left in Munster, shame the weather ruined it as both sides are decent hurling sides and if they had gotten the conditions would have put on a decent display
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:34 pm

UK Provincial JFC Semi Finals

John Mitchel’s (Lancs) 4-11 v St Barnabas (Warw) 0-12

Cuchullian’s (York) 5-16 v Glen Rovers (Herts) 0-06

Those of you who follow us on Twitter will already know these scores but for those that don't here they are! 100% tipping record for me to date in the UK Championships.

Great story from London in that 5 years after their formation Fulham Irish won the London SFC in only their second SFC Final appearance. Fulham also won the Division 2 League the weekend past and that makes their Championship win all the greater. We may have a forum interview lined up with the Irish manager where he will be answering questions posed by our posters, more info on that to come though!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Draw in the Munster hurling looks like the following.

Quarters

Drom-Inch v Ballygunnar

Semi's

Carrigtwohill v Crusheen

Drom-inch/Ballygunnar v Na Piarsigh

It will be a Crusheen v the winners of Drom-inch/Ballygunnar in the final. Ballygunnar's experience will probably help them edge out Drom/Inch but it will be close. Would expect them to see off Na Piarsigh. Given that both Na Piarsigh and Carrig ended long droughts for county titles and will have been 6 weeks without a championship match I can't see either doing much but you never know
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:29 pm

I hear that St Galls have objected to the ref for their upcoming game with Cross. Rangers, anyone know the story behind this?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next