GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh

+17
GAA-Fan
Grenvile
The Puke
samin12
Thomas Clarke
Donegal lass
Boxtyeater
Real Kerry Fan
bocerty
hipster 2
johnnos bulls
mullins
Loyal2TheRoyal
Royal_Girl2k9
Jayo Cluxton
bluearmy1
OMAR
21 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh - Page 3 Empty Re: Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:46 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:I dont get this 15 men behind the ball etc. When The Donegal goalkeeper has the ball the only ones behind the ball are the umpires! Rolling Eyes

Not even them when he's taking it out of the net .... Very Happy
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh - Page 3 Empty Re: Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh

Post  OMAR Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:47 pm

I think the GAA should outlaw the forward pass
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:11 pm

OMAR wrote:I think the GAA should outlaw the forward pass

Yes and allow a score when a player throws himself on the ground with the ball. Evil or Very Mad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Yes and allow a score when a player throws himself on the ground with the ball. Evil or Very Mad

No - that one is already in place ..... Laughing

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:58 pm

54 posts here on a Donegal game - not one by RMD .... weird ..... Suspect
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:48 pm

No that'd be a terrible idea. You'd just have a line of players running up the pitch together like rugby.....

And Jayo your cockiness on this match really is quite astounding..
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

No that'd be a terrible idea. You'd just have a line of players running up the pitch together like rugby.....

I think OMAR was joking ....... Rolling Eyes

I am confident - if you construe that as cockiness then .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

I think OMAR was joking ....... Rolling Eyes

I am confident - if you construe that as cockiness then .....

Maybe he was. Meath would do very well with it anyway based on recent form...
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Joe Brolly had a nice piece in the Mail on Sunday about Dublin vs Donegal. Can anyone find it and paste it here?

Read it there but can't find it online - Typical Brolly BS ... a drunk Dub falling over a bike outside Kavanagh's on the Malahide Road ... sure Joe, sure .... Rolling Eyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 pm

I honestly expect to be enjoying my half time smoke on Sunday week. I was not really impressed with the Ulster C'ship this year and a lot of teams seem to be going the wrong way. Kildare are not a difficult team to snuff out as they have little quality in attack so Donegal's achievement the last day not so great. And despite a makeshift MF they won a lion's share of the ball - with Daryl Flynn especially prominent. Up front Murphy is a handful but was handled well by in the U21 Final last year by Rory O'Carroll. I can see an early goal setting Dublin on the way.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 pm

[quote="Thomas Clarke"]
hipster 2 wrote:donegal wil not play as negative

On what basis are you making this assumption?[/quote donegal have nothing to lose they will drive at brennan and force dublin to kick to midfield where they think they are stronger , if they get a 3 or 4 point lead then they will try and shut up shop , it should be a cracker
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I honestly expect to be enjoying my half time smoke on Sunday week. I was not really impressed with the Ulster C'ship this year and a lot of teams seem to be going the wrong way. Kildare are not a difficult team to snuff out as they have little quality in attack so Donegal's achievement the last day not so great. And despite a makeshift MF they won a lion's share of the ball - with Daryl Flynn especially prominent. Up front Murphy is a handful but was handled well by in the U21 Final last year by Rory O'Carroll. I can see an early goal setting Dublin on the way.

I agree I see it panning out as follows:

Donegal will score first Murphy will convert a soft free that he won
This will be followed by a 20 minute period where Dublin have 90% of the possession and have 12 attempts at a score all from outside 40 yards scoring 3 giving them a 3-1 lead.
Around the 20 minute mark when Durkan will flaff a short kick out or McGee will slip from having the Wrong studs leaving B Brogan through for a Goal 1-3 -to 0-1 there will be no cover as it will come from a move where donegal were attacking from defence rather than being set up for blanket cover
Donegal will then start to chase the game and dublin will pick off a few quick scores leading at the interval 1-08 to 0-4

Donegal will ring the changes at half time and will come out teh wrong side of an open 20 minutes of football 1-14 to 0-8. At this stage Gilroy will no longer be as conservative with the bench as he was against Tyrone and will call a few men a shore. Level pegging for the next 12 minutes or so as Donegal at least go down with some bit of pride 1-17 0-11.
Dublin will get an icing on the cake goal just with 2/3 minutes to go from one of the Subs
Final Score 2-17 - 0-12

Enjoy the Smokes !

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:57 am

OMAR wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:I honestly expect to be enjoying my half time smoke on Sunday week. I was not really impressed with the Ulster C'ship this year and a lot of teams seem to be going the wrong way. Kildare are not a difficult team to snuff out as they have little quality in attack so Donegal's achievement the last day not so great. And despite a makeshift MF they won a lion's share of the ball - with Daryl Flynn especially prominent. Up front Murphy is a handful but was handled well by in the U21 Final last year by Rory O'Carroll. I can see an early goal setting Dublin on the way.

I agree I see it panning out as follows:

Donegal will score first Murphy will convert a soft free that he won
This will be followed by a 20 minute period where Dublin have 90% of the possession and have 12 attempts at a score all from outside 40 yards scoring 3 giving them a 3-1 lead.
Around the 20 minute mark when Durkan will flaff a short kick out or McGee will slip from having the Wrong studs leaving B Brogan through for a Goal 1-3 -to 0-1 there will be no cover as it will come from a move where donegal were attacking from defence rather than being set up for blanket cover
Donegal will then start to chase the game and dublin will pick off a few quick scores leading at the interval 1-08 to 0-4

Donegal will ring the changes at half time and will come out teh wrong side of an open 20 minutes of football 1-14 to 0-8. At this stage Gilroy will no longer be as conservative with the bench as he was against Tyrone and will call a few men a shore. Level pegging for the next 12 minutes or so as Donegal at least go down with some bit of pride 1-17 0-11.
Dublin will get an icing on the cake goal just with 2/3 minutes to go from one of the Subs
Final Score 2-17 - 0-12

Enjoy the Smokes !

Ah I don't think we'll have 11 points to spare .... maybe 10 ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:48 pm

bounce
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh - Page 3 Empty Dublin-Donegal heading for a sell-out

Post  mullins Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Dublin-Donegal heading for a sell-out
19 August 2011

Croke Park is ready for two busy weekend's of All-Ireland SFC semi-finals - INPHOThe GAA is predicting that Sunday week's All-Ireland SFC semi-final between Dublin and Donegal at Croke Park will be an 82,300 sell-out.

With the recession biting hard, Croker's capacity hasn't been tested this summer with the biggest attendance to date being 58,723 for the Leinster SFC semi-final between Dublin and Kildare. However, it looks increasingly likely that the 'full house' sign will go up on August 28.

"We are heading in the direction of a sell-out already, nine days out from the semi-final," the GAA's communications manager Alan Milton told the Evening Herald.

Interest in the game is huge with the Donegal county board having already requested 15,000 tickets. A further 22,000 have been sold via the GAA's ticket office and other outlets, while 10,000 corporate seats are set to be snapped up.

"The Tyrone win has captured the imagination of Dublin supporters," Milton continued.

"Also the semi-final is a big day for neutrals because they cannot buy tickets for the final."

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:08 am

As if to give us Dubs a wake up call TG4 replayed the 2006 semi v Mayo tonight. I still watch it through blocked eyes with fingers spread. Still a shocking defeat. Forgot Vaughan had one plucked from over the bar and another wide late on. Pillar's shortcomings came home to roost that day. A game we should never have lost ....

ps Great to see the genuine warmth between Cluxton and the Mort as they left the pitch.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:24 am

Sorry RMD, OMAR ... only one winner here - ye are but fodder ..
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:37 am

Discipline, on the day will be crucial..

This Dublin team, possessed as they are, with known retaliatory (and indeed instigatory) firebrands could suffer...Boom Boom..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:38 am

That day is gone ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:46 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Sorry RMD, OMAR ... only one winner here - ye are but fodder ..

Sure all we want is a day out and a few pints in the Gresham
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:51 pm

OMAR wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Sorry RMD, OMAR ... only one winner here - ye are but fodder ..

Ah here....the Gresham FFS, even Mullins will scoff at that one.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:05 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
OMAR wrote:

Ah here....the Gresham FFS, even Mullins will scoff at that one.

Well as long as it serves football Special and McDaids Banana Mineral its good enough for us.
Will be doing well to make it before 12 as we are stopping at the airport to watch the planes landing and taking off.
A few of the Auld rascals reckon they might head up to Monto.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks for commending me on my support for your cause..... Wink

On another note:
I'm standing on the main street of Gorey last Thursday, quietly smoking a fag, as herself trawelled yet another boutique...Gorey in Summer is a busy town....

Beep Beep goes a large silver car (subsequently unveiled as an 11D Lexus 450 Hybrid) I think....

Cuz from BNM.....God help him....

Small world....He's well enough TG.. Laughing
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Thanks for commending me on my support for your cause..... Wink

On another note:
I'm standing on the main street of Gorey last Thursday, quietly smoking a fag, as herself trawelled yet another boutique...Gorey in Summer is a busy town....

Beep Beep goes a large silver car (subsequently unveiled as an 11D Lexus 450 Hybrid) I think....

Cuz from BNM.....God help him....

Small world....He's well enough TG.. Laughing

case of keep the head down I'd say - Though reminds me I must give JD a shout

by the by
I noted a vacancy arose elsewhere in the semi state sector - one with a larger income/outcome
Fluster and Bluster about €250k/€300k wage caps and I was on a cityjet flight one morning to London and saw the Job advertised in the FT ?
Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh - Page 3 654413 Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh - Page 3 654413

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:43 pm

OMAR wrote:[ Though reminds me I must give JD a shout

According to JD's nephew and indeed JD's brother, the donkeys romped home with the spoils at the B'more Show...
He's even gone the way of his late father (Uncle Tommie) and creating fictional owners.... Shocked

Black cats and all that.. Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next