GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh

+17
GAA-Fan
Grenvile
The Puke
samin12
Thomas Clarke
Donegal lass
Boxtyeater
Real Kerry Fan
bocerty
hipster 2
johnnos bulls
mullins
Loyal2TheRoyal
Royal_Girl2k9
Jayo Cluxton
bluearmy1
OMAR
21 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh - Page 2 Empty Re: Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh

Post  OMAR Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
hipster 2 wrote:if football was that simple loyal . but dublin will bash up the middle then give it long , hit it diagonal , it be a different type of game than they played against tyrone , it has to be to beat donegal

Without a couple of goals at the minimum, Donegal will be very hard pressed to reach 15 points...It's up to Dublin after that..

Donegal scoring 15 points against a well fancied Dublin team in Croke Park - Can't see something like that ever happening
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh - Page 2 Empty Re: Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh

Post  hipster 2 Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:35 pm

no one here has a crystal ball , expect to see a different dublin team on paper than last saturday
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 pm

I forget the score from '92 (something like 0-14 to 0-12) or thereabouts. This was achieved with forwards like the McHughs, the Boyles, McMullan and Bonner.
Donegal just haven't the same front 6 nowadays and Dublin's forwards are a different class in 2011..

Ye're truly up agin' it....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:I forget the score from '92 (something like 0-14 to 0-12) or thereabouts. This was achieved with forwards like the McHughs, the Boyles, McMullan and Bonner.
Donegal just haven't the same front 6 nowadays and Dublin's forwards are a different class in 2011..

Ye're truly up agin' it....

It was 15 but I agree my point didn't carry much weight after that - 6 players who could kick points (though its being a little kind to James)
against one now with a dodgy hamstring

Also what we wouldn't give for a midfield of Molloy and Murray
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:43 pm

hipster 2 wrote:no one here has a crystal ball , expect to see a different dublin team on paper than last saturday

That will disappoint me greatly Hip because last Satuirday Dublin were a class apart. Wonderful raking footpassing, excellent scores from play and high octane stuff all round.
If ye're to progress, do it in some style. Abandon this over analysis of opposition and play your own game. God knows but they're good enough.

Negativity and all this tactical cock is just that ...Cock. It's a simple game really, get it, move it on purposefully and score....Do it with flair and all's good.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
hipster 2 wrote:no one here has a crystal ball , expect to see a different dublin team on paper than last saturday

That will disappoint me greatly Hip because last Satuirday Dublin were a class apart. Wonderful raking footpassing, excellent scores from play and high octane stuff all round.
If ye're to progress, do it in some style. Abandon this over analysis of opposition and play your own game. God knows but they're good enough.

Negativity and all this tactical cock is just that ...Cock. It's a simple game really, get it, move it on purposefully and score....Do it with flair and all's good.

Giller said after the match Horses For Courses....Hard not to see the same 15 starting but you never know with him......
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:31 am

Think we will hammer Donegal tbh ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:54 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Think we will hammer Donegal tbh ......

I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear that.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:03 am

RMD in a very embarrassing position recently and has asked me to post this on his behalf.

"I am a proud Donegal man reared on the feats of McHugh and Bonner and Boyle. A time when we played football and entertained. I have been unable to post despite the 'success' of my county. It is embarrassing and anathema to all Donegal football has stood for over the years. I love to celebrate art and beauty - not ugliness and puke. I take no pleasure in our recent 'victories' - hence no posts. The sooner the Dubs hammer the sh1te out of us the better."

ENDS.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Heard Donegal ,went on the beer for 4 days after beating Kildare,,if they get sniff of the portobello it will be no contest..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:31 pm

mullins wrote:Heard Donegal ,went on the beer for 4 days after beating Kildare,,if they get sniff of the portobello it will be no contest..

I'll have to pull you up on that one - The Portobello fell into Dub hands about 5 years ago. - Cassidys is the D2 embassy of choice for us alchoholic ex Pats.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:36 pm

OMAR wrote:
mullins wrote:Heard Donegal ,went on the beer for 4 days after beating Kildare,,if they get sniff of the portobello it will be no contest..

I'll have to pull you up on that one - The Portobello fell into Dub hands about 5 years ago. - Cassidys is the D2 embassy of choice for us alchoholic ex Pats.

i know jamsie jumped ship but the portbello sounds better
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:47 pm

mullins wrote:
OMAR wrote:

Wear your GAA colours on a Thursday night - Culchie heaven

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:53 pm

OMAR wrote:
mullins wrote:
OMAR wrote:

Wear your GAA colours on a Thursday night - Culchie heaven

Im past all that .... Very Happy

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:00 pm

OMAR - do you wear the county jersey to the games?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:23 pm

Cassidy's is the spot but as Fran Ryder is Jamesie's sidekick its open to other factions also. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:OMAR - do you wear the county jersey to the games?

I have the 2003 model - Wore it for Ulster final and Kildare game - But it doesn't get an airing in May or June something over exubarent about wearing a jersey if you are going to be out of the champioship after two games
Have a unworn polo shirt also - I'm leaning towards wearing it for the 28th as the the jersey has only seen one AI semi final (2003 v Armagh)

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Outrageous comment.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

Outrageous comment.

Ah sure we're just happy to be there
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:48 pm

OMAR wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

Outrageous comment.

Ah sure we're just happy to be there

Joe Brolly had a nice piece in the Mail on Sunday about Dublin vs Donegal. Can anyone find it and paste it here?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:13 pm

donegal wil not play as negative this should be a cracker of a game could go either way
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  Donegal lass Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:27 am

If we did it once before in 1992 we can do it again! I have hope like but happy to see the boys getting this far!! it should make for an interesting game i say well surprise the dubs again !

Donegal lass
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Donegal
Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 am

hipster 2 wrote:donegal wil not play as negative

On what basis are you making this assumption?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:36 am

I think Donegal would put 18 behind the ball on Sunday week if they were allowed. They will not change their style system.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:03 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I think Donegal would put 18 behind the ball on Sunday week if they were allowed. They will not change their style system.

I dont get this 15 men behind the ball etc. When The Donegal goalkeeper has the ball the only ones behind the ball are the umpires! Rolling Eyes
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next