GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh

+17
GAA-Fan
Grenvile
The Puke
samin12
Thomas Clarke
Donegal lass
Boxtyeater
Real Kerry Fan
bocerty
hipster 2
johnnos bulls
mullins
Loyal2TheRoyal
Royal_Girl2k9
Jayo Cluxton
bluearmy1
OMAR
21 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh - Page 8 Empty Re: Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh

Post  black&white Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:03 pm

mullins wrote:
black&white wrote:[quote="mullins]
You really are amazing with the rubbish you spew out,and what you choose to watch,did you even see the game earlier on you thought it was an elbow because McGuinness was screaming during the second half for a Dublin player to be sent off..

Go and watch the incident again if you think that was nasty i really don't know...These lads are trained to take hits/what do you want a non contact sport get real,when you watch it come back and try to say it was wrong...No one commentating on the match said anything about cahills tackle

What Murphy done was sinister,maybe you agree with the attack on Ger Brennan to...

Where did I say I thought it was an elbow?

Here's exactly what I said:
He turned the shoulder in, and committed to the hit after the ball was gone.
Didn't like the reaction from McGuinness to it either. He was in claiming that Cahill used the elbow, which he didn't.

Are you really so bad that basic reading is beyond you? Rolling Eyes

This is a fact Cahill was 1 step away from him when they met,no point debating anything with someone that didn't even see the incident...You really have let yourself down on this one...Bye Bye

Please try to watch it before making further comments/lies,your only making a fool of yourself...[/quote]

You really are a pathetic liar. You misrepresent posts, and ignore anything that condradicts your petty one-eyed view.
I pitty anyone who actually has to deal with you in real life. You've the maturity of a pre-schooler, and seemingly the mental capacity of one as well.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh - Page 8 Empty Re: Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final - 28 August 2011 Páirc An Chrócaigh

Post  mullins Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:21 pm

black&white wrote:
mullins wrote:
black&white wrote:[quote="mullins]
You really are amazing with the rubbish you spew out,and what you choose to watch,did you even see the game earlier on you thought it was an elbow because McGuinness was screaming during the second half for a Dublin player to be sent off..

Go and watch the incident again if you think that was nasty i really don't know...These lads are trained to take hits/what do you want a non contact sport get real,when you watch it come back and try to say it was wrong...No one commentating on the match said anything about cahills tackle

What Murphy done was sinister,maybe you agree with the attack on Ger Brennan to...

Where did I say I thought it was an elbow?

Here's exactly what I said:
He turned the shoulder in, and committed to the hit after the ball was gone.
Didn't like the reaction from McGuinness to it either. He was in claiming that Cahill used the elbow, which he didn't.

Are you really so bad that basic reading is beyond you? Rolling Eyes

This is a fact Cahill was 1 step away from him when they met,no point debating anything with someone that didn't even see the incident...You really have let yourself down on this one...Bye Bye

Please try to watch it before making further comments/lies,your only making a fool of yourself...

You really are a pathetic liar. You misrepresent posts, and ignore anything that condradicts your petty one-eyed view.
I pitty anyone who actually has to deal with you in real life. You've the maturity of a pre-schooler, and seemingly the mental capacity of one as well.[/quote]

Is that your best shot ah well ,just try to get your facts right would help your chances to win an argument you are losing badly...

Motor Mouth
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:51 pm

mullins wrote:
Is that your best shot ah well ,just try to get your facts right would help your chances to win an argument you are losing badly...

Motor Mouth

You really are an idiot. You make up lies claiming I said stuff which I did not, yet when shown your mistake you just continue to lie.

Really shows the sort of person you are (but then you've spent to the last couple of years doing that). Utter brainless idiot.

black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Mullins tearing B&W a new one here
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:09 pm

mullins dont get dragged into this kind of crap
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:11 pm

B&W - lot of BS there. But if you are watching it again look at 30 secs in whern McGee stamped on Brogan's foot.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:15 pm

jayo brogan tried to kick the bottom of your mans foot
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:26 pm

black&white wrote:
mullins wrote:
black&white wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Jayo - Dublin had several players behind the ball. Just watch a replay and take note of the number of times that Donegal were forced to pass the ball across the pitch. Blanket defence at it's best. Dublin know what to do when they haven't got the ball and did it beautifully in yesterday's second half - don't deny it!

Not denying anything but we can attack too.

Attacked Karl Lacey pretty well anyway.
Dublin only managed to take control when he went off, and how did he sustain his injury again?

Get off the fooking high horse Jayo. Dublin were the better team, and the final will be a lot more enjoyable with them in it as opposed to Donegal. But, to try and claim the moral high-ground from Sunday is pathetic. Both teams employed shockingly negative tactics for the majority of the game, and a large
factor in Dublin's win was an injury sustained in an off-the-ball hit on Lacey.

Who the fook do you think you are- Dublin took out player get fooking real will you,you choose to pick out something that you think made a difference

If that's the case Rory O'Carroll was taking out by murphy-go and watch that fooking incident you fool

An impartial observer perhaps? As opposed to a biased gimp with the maturity of a toddler.

Rory O'Carroll didn't sustain an injury that meant he had to leave the field. He was checked to stop him running on.

Lacey was hit with intent to injure, and it succeeded.
Cahill should have walked for the assault on Lacey, anyone with half a brain can see that.

Did you see the game
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:21 pm

Simple question here. If say Armagh or Down or anyone else decided to go with the self same style as Donegal next year would you pay to see them play?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:06 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Simple question here. If say Armagh or Down or anyone else decided to go with the self same style as Donegal next year would you pay to see them play?

That's a bit of a ridiculous question. If any county got to the last 4 fans would love to see their county play at Croke park.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:08 am

GAA-Fan wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Simple question here. If say Armagh or Down or anyone else decided to go with the self same style as Donegal next year would you pay to see them play?

That's a bit of a ridiculous question. If any county got to the last 4 fans would love to see their county play at Croke park.

I didn't say All Ireland semi.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:13 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:

I didn't say All Ireland semi.

Without the semi appearance I would still say yes. I would still go and see Armagh play. Obviously if I had the chance to go and see Donegal play for free I wouldnt have even of went to Casement. That style of play although ugly it got results and would still be in the balance towards the end.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bluearmy1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:14 am

Would hate to see Down revert to that type of football. I like our style....it's been hard for it to flourish in the modern era of negative play but i just don't think I would have the same pride in winning a provincial or All-Ireland just to go down in history as one of the poorest champions of all-time. Results are essential yes, but so is leaving a legacy that future generations can be proud of.

Donegal fans may argue that their style is simply the means to an end, that by getting a good run in the Championship they will grow in confidence and play a more open brand of football. But I just don't see where this flair is going to come from....in Lacey, Murphy, McFadden, Cassidy, and McBrearty they have some fine footballers. But they lack flair and creativity, stifled by the system imposed by the manager perhaps, but when it came to the do or die against Dublin....when players had to step up to the mark and make things happen, they were blunt and clueless. I don't see where they're going to conjure it out of in the next few years. They have good players...but no real exciting creative players......no Coulter-like player to fire them up with a bit of magic.

Donegal will have to make a choice....go back to playing proper football with the ultimately average bunch they appear to have and probably get knocked out early. Or maintain this ultra-defence which might just win them something. The problem with that is though....will they be able to look back on a team like this with any sort of fondness? Do they really want to be remembered as the most negative team ever to play the game?

So whether it ever wins us another All-Ireland or not...it's the Down way always for me. The day we put 11 men behind the ball is the day I lose faith in the sport.
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:31 am

bluearmy1 wrote:Would hate to see Down revert to that type of football. I like our style....it's been hard for it to flourish in the modern era of negative play but i just don't think I would have the same pride in winning a provincial or All-Ireland just to go down in history as one of the poorest champions of all-time. Results are essential yes, but so is leaving a legacy that future generations can be proud of.

Donegal fans may argue that their style is simply the means to an end, that by getting a good run in the Championship they will grow in confidence and play a more open brand of football. But I just don't see where this flair is going to come from....in Lacey, Murphy, McFadden, Cassidy, and McBrearty they have some fine footballers. But they lack flair and creativity, stifled by the system imposed by the manager perhaps, but when it came to the do or die against Dublin....when players had to step up to the mark and make things happen, they were blunt and clueless. I don't see where they're going to conjure it out of in the next few years. They have good players...but no real exciting creative players......no Coulter-like player to fire them up with a bit of magic.

Donegal will have to make a choice....go back to playing proper football with the ultimately average bunch they appear to have and probably get knocked out early. Or maintain this ultra-defence which might just win them something. The problem with that is though....will they be able to look back on a team like this with any sort of fondness? Do they really want to be remembered as the most negative team ever to play the game?

So whether it ever wins us another All-Ireland or not...it's the Down way always for me. The day we put 11 men behind the ball is the day I lose faith in the sport.

Jesus BA - ya can't be saying that kind of thing here .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:34 am

If Galway ever start playing like that I'll be the one doing a Behring Breivik in Pearse Stadium afro
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:41 am

It appears that some people are forgetting that they paid in to watch Dublin on numerous occasions over the last 2 years, including last Sunday.

As Dara O'Se pointed out in the Times, Colm McFadden must've thought he was the best footballer in Ireland last Sunday, as most of the game he had 3 Dubs marking him. No wonder Dublin failed to score from play for an hour, when their response to Donegal's massed defence was simply to shore up their own back division.

Dublin are well capable of playing better football than that, as they showed against Tyrone, but sometimes they choose not to. If they are as negative in the final, they will lose it.

Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:26 am

Tc
Dublin failed to break Donegal down in the first half as they played 15 men behind the ball,they kept Dublin outside the 45 and didn't allow Dublin to get in to good shooting positions down the center or inside Dublin were met by 1-4 Donegal tacklers as soon as they entered their half and the pressure was relentless,Because there were so many players in that area,it was near impossible for the Dublin players to pick out either Bernard/Connolly,and anything time they tried to get ball in to them it was coming back out straight away.Dublin just didn't have an answer yet Donegal were playing their system well turning over ball breaking at pace getting their players in to good positions and getting 3 points from play..Not to say Dublin were giving away frees in good positions to Donegal that went unpunished .The game plan Donegal came with won hands down in the first half...

Dublin just stuck to their system and never panicked when Donegal went a head,the start of the second half Dublin were very patient never changed defense to attack, because Donegal were just waiting for Dublin to change if they could break down our attacks with turn over ball/or interception and break down the field to score they might have being home and dry..Giller never wen't to plan B as he had faith in his system

When Donegal went 6-3 you were just wondering how Dublin could get back into the game,but the game started to open up all of the sudden .Dublin were meeting Donegal on our 45 and started turning defense to attack turning over ball/interceptions,It was totally different game and Dublin out scoring Donegal 5 to no score and Dublin created a couple of 1/2 goal scoring chances,but this was mainly down to Donegal legs giving in more than anything

Kev Mc made a big difference but came into the game at a good time when things had opened up ever so slightly. He started breaking the tackle and started to create space for the forwards,as someone had to come to meet him

[b]TC
i think you are wrong to throw up a lazy argument that Dublin only scored 2 from play,and your not giving Donegal any credit for their game plan.Dublin never met any system like they met on Sunday and that group of players and management should get plaudits for winning that one out people were waiting for our collapse it didn't happen because we didn't panic.....

If Donegal had of beating Dublin last Sunday, i'm not sure Kerry would have beating that system either...As for our defensive system we will be a different side in a few weeks,yes we will keep men behind the ball and break at pace i would like to think the real Dublin was the Tyrone game,and last Sunday was a day best forgotten by all involved on the Dublin side....

Some people would think it was a game of tactics which Giller won in the end....Personally i hope i never see a game like that again
Question What did Tyrone score from play against that system and did Donegal concede all kick outs to Tyrone

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:33 am

Jeeze mullins what happened to the one line posts???

Seriously that is the most accurate summation I have seen. I hear people here and elsewhere saying Dublin were equally negative!!!! Complete BS - if Dublin adopted the Donegal system it would've been 0-00 to 0-00 - trust me.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Jeeze mullins what happened to the one line posts???

Seriously that is the most accurate summation I have seen. I hear people here and elsewhere saying Dublin were equally negative!!!! Complete BS - if Dublin adopted the Donegal system it would've been 0-00 to 0-00 - trust me.

The way the Gaa is going with the rubbish Donegal played it will be like Rugby/Ameraican Football in no time....Dublin supporters and most Gaa people are disgusted with what they seen Sunday...Its hard to believe we reach our first final in 16 years and it is a surreal feeling....

Jayo i know when you say 0-00 to 0-00 totally agree.......

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:25 pm

mullins wrote:Jayo i know when you say 0-00 to 0-00 totally agree.......

Keith Barr didn't agree in today's paper:

"Most Gaelic games analysis is warped by county allegiance and I'm well aware that Dublin were equally defensive and played a hell of a lot of poor football..."

"Not that Dublin were rushing to commit players forward either..."

A relief to see that not everyone in Dublin is blinded by blue-tinted glasses.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Holland 1974/Barcelona 2011/Brazil 1970./ The Madrid team of the fifties all rolled into one wouldn't have a patch on this Dublin team.
The beautiful game - van gogh/Michaelangelo/Raphael if a GAA pitch was a Canvas its the Fifteen men in the two tone blue - is what they would paint.

What Donegal attempted last Sunday will ring out across the world as one of the great sporting crimes even surpassing Red Star Belgrades European title Triumph against Marseille. or Schummachers actions on (pick your sport football or RAcing)

In your face baiting, Shoving after a free kick, men behind the ball - A goal Keeper with attitude
All things never seen before on a GAA field and hopefully never to be seen again

On behalf of Daniel/Packie/Red Hugh O donnell/Enya and anyone else from Donegal we can but apologise
for the ongoing bouts of sickness, churned stomachs, disgust that are still pervailing on the streets of the capital to an extent that they have spoiled the appetite for both codes of our National game for generations

but we remain humbled at witnessing artistry ,ability and genius that is beyond mere mortals and surely evidence that this Dublin team are indeed Gods chosen people.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:48 pm

OMAR wrote:Holland 1974/Barcelona 2011/Brazil 1970./ The Madrid team of the fifties all rolled into one wouldn't have a patch on this Dublin team.
The beautiful game - van gogh/Michaelangelo/Raphael if a GAA pitch was a Canvas its the Fifteen men in the two tone blue - is what they would paint.

What Donegal attempted last Sunday will ring out across the world as one of the great sporting crimes even surpassing Red Star Belgrades European title Triumph against Marseille. or Schummachers actions on (pick your sport football or RAcing)

In your face baiting, Shoving after a free kick, men behind the ball - A goal Keeper with attitude
All things never seen before on a GAA field and hopefully never to be seen again

On behalf of Daniel/Packie/Red Hugh O donnell/Enya and anyone else from Donegal we can but apologise
for the ongoing bouts of sickness, churned stomachs, disgust that are still pervailing on the streets of the capital to an extent that they have spoiled the appetite for both codes of our National game for generations

Change those tablets Very Happy

but we remain humbled at witnessing artistry ,ability and genius that is beyond mere mortals and surely evidence that this Dublin team are indeed Gods chosen people.

Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
mullins wrote:Jayo i know when you say 0-00 to 0-00 totally agree.......

Keith Barr didn't agree in today's paper:

"Most Gaelic games analysis is warped by county allegiance and I'm well aware that Dublin were equally defensive and played a hell of a lot of poor football..."

"Not that Dublin were rushing to commit players forward either..."

A relief to see that not everyone in Dublin is blinded by blue-tinted glasses.

Keith is entitled to his opinion...doesn't make it right
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:58 pm

I'd imagine that is the first time you've ever used quotes from Keith Barr to bolster an argument TC!! I'd prefer Paul Curran or Whelo's comments this week myself.

Fair play though - when you are doing theses etc you always quote those who support your own POV.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8