GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Ireland U21 Championship 2011

+15
Real Kerry Fan
Loyal2TheRoyal
JimWexford
OMAR
redhandman
mullins
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
bocerty
mugsys_barber
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
RMDrive
up.the.oak.trees
Grenvile
19 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

All-Ireland U21 Championship 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All-Ireland U21 Championship 2011

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:22 am

bocerty wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:Tyrone booked their place in the Ulster U21 final with a very hard fought 1 point win over Monaghan. A late score by Greencastle man John McCullagh rocker was enough to see us through but only just. Monaghan were in the lead for many stages of the game and their full forward line of McGuiness, McEnaney and McKenna caused alot of problems for us. Monaghan had a chance to equalise with a 45 in injury time but Midfielder Dooney decided to kick it short and this was intercepted by young Ronan O'Neill who again showed flashes of how big a talent he could turn out to be tonight.

Very relieved to get into the final against Cavan as it definitely didn't look like it at different time during the game. Monaghan defended well. Some of the more recognisable names perhaps still not firing on all cylinders but I thought that again Peter Harte was Tyrones best performer and was also impressed by the workrate of young Shea McGuigan at CHF. I think perhaps the final will be next Wednesday night in Brewster.

Mugsy you sure it wasnt 2 points - not that it really matters but the score i read was 0.12 - 1.07

It was a one point victory, Matty Donnelly's fisted effort was disallowed as a throw ball by the umpire or whatever I called him at the time.....

Your going to have to start attending these games sir and not be depending on Paddy Hunter and his nomadic sidekick for analysis. Thats like buying the "Con" for updates on the Tyrone all county leagues FFS Laughing
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

All-Ireland U21 Championship 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All-Ireland U21 Championship 2011

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:15 am

mugsys_barber wrote:Mugsy you sure it wasnt 2 points - not that it really matters but the score i read was 0.12 - 1.07

It was a one point victory, Matty Donnelly's fisted effort was disallowed as a throw ball by the umpire or whatever I called him at the time.....
[/quote]

I hear a few rumblings about this. Monaghan had a late free or 45 and the scoreboard showed them two points behind when it should have been only one. The free taker then had to drop the ball short as a point would not do - when it actually would have! Can't see them doing anything about it though considering what Meath got away with at senior level last year ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:54 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote: Can't see them doing anything about it though considering what Meath got away with at senior level last year ....

Unfortunate if that is the case, but what would you suggest they should do about it? Aside from replaying the match, which would not be appropriate for a scoreboard error, what else can be done?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Unfortunate if that is the case, but what would you suggest they should do about it? Aside from replaying the match, which would not be appropriate for a scoreboard error, what else can be done?

Don't think they can or should do anything TC. Bit unfortunate though that Monaghan had a chance of a 45 to tie it up but thought they were 2 points down. Not Tyrone's fault at all ... them's the breaks.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote: Don't think they can or should do anything TC. Bit unfortunate though that Monaghan had a chance of a 45 to tie it up but thought they were 2 points down. Not Tyrone's fault at all ... them's the breaks.

Agreed, if there had ben a referee error, or foul play from Tyrone, then perhaps there would have been a case. Just unfortunate, although still a big ask to land a 45. Tyrone seniors dont have anyone who can kick those, although Kyle Coney hit one 5 minutes from time last night to tie things up!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:35 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:
bocerty wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:Tyrone booked their place in the Ulster U21 final with a very hard fought 1 point win over Monaghan. A late score by Greencastle man John McCullagh rocker was enough to see us through but only just. Monaghan were in the lead for many stages of the game and their full forward line of McGuiness, McEnaney and McKenna caused alot of problems for us. Monaghan had a chance to equalise with a 45 in injury time but Midfielder Dooney decided to kick it short and this was intercepted by young Ronan O'Neill who again showed flashes of how big a talent he could turn out to be tonight.

Very relieved to get into the final against Cavan as it definitely didn't look like it at different time during the game. Monaghan defended well. Some of the more recognisable names perhaps still not firing on all cylinders but I thought that again Peter Harte was Tyrones best performer and was also impressed by the workrate of young Shea McGuigan at CHF. I think perhaps the final will be next Wednesday night in Brewster.

Mugsy you sure it wasnt 2 points - not that it really matters but the score i read was 0.12 - 1.07

Your going to have to start attending these games sir and not be depending on Paddy Hunter and his nomadic sidekick for analysis. Thats like buying the "Con" for updates on the Tyrone all county leagues FFS Laughing

Mugsy left work yesterday at 5.30pm witht he intention of getting a bite to eat a change of clothes and off to Enniskillen for the match it was a great evening for it. Unfortunately went home and the house was full of visitors who didnt leave until well after 7pm so unfortuantely it would have been a wasted journey.

Didnt even listen to the radio - would rather listen to Michael McGimpsey for an hour than Paddy Hunter!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Whoever wins the final next Wednesday faces an AI Semi against Wexford 3 days later. Madness.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Whoever wins the final next Wednesday faces an AI Semi against Wexford 3 days later. Madness.

in fairness the drawn games between Down and Tyrone haven't helped the issue, however there should be some room for manoeuvre when these things happen.

So much for player burnout and all that.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:Mugsy you sure it wasnt 2 points - not that it really matters but the score i read was 0.12 - 1.07

I hear a few rumblings about this. Monaghan had a late free or 45 and the scoreboard showed them two points behind when it should have been only one. The free taker then had to drop the ball short as a point would not do - when it actually would have! Can't see them doing anything about it though considering what Meath got away with at senior level last year ....[/quote]

Wo wo wo here lads. The scoreboard did not put Tyrone 2 points up, The fisted effort by Mattie Donnelly wasn't recorded on the scoreboard at all. The quick 50 in question wasn't lobbed into the square either in fact it didnt travel more than 15 yards and was cleverly intercepted by Ronan O'Neill - I know if I was manager or playing for Monaghan last night I wouldn't have been too happy with the choice that was made by their midfielder trying a crazy short ball at that stage of the game. Monaghan would have deserved at least a draw on last nights performance and no doubt Cavan will have spotted several weaknesses in the Tyrone full back line that could be exploited. Cavan surely are favourites to progress having been in the final last year and alot of their U21's performed very well against Limerick in the league by all accounts.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:06 am

Cavan favourites to win Ulster!? No way Mugsy, Cavan came through two easy games. This Tyrone team have battled their way to the final and a lot of these lads have All Ireland Minor medals. Tyrone's to lose, genuinely.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 am

mugsys_barber wrote:Wo wo wo here lads. The scoreboard did not put Tyrone 2 points up, The fisted effort by Mattie Donnelly wasn't recorded on the scoreboard at all. The quick 50 in question wasn't lobbed into the square either in fact it didnt travel more than 15 yards

RTE reported these events yesterday Mugsy and I see some chat about them on a Monaghan board elsewhere. Only going on that - some people seem to think it happened.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:42 pm

bocerty wrote:[Mugsy left work yesterday at 5.30pm witht he intention of getting a bite to eat a change of clothes and off to Enniskillen for the match it was a great evening for it. Unfortunately went home and the house was full of visitors who didnt leave until well after 7pm so unfortuantely it would have been a wasted journey.

!

Thinly veiled "I came home to find a pair of process servers attempting to serve a warrant" post from the intrepid Bocerty here.
Who would have "visitors" on such important occasions.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

All-Ireland U21 Championship 2011 - Page 4 Empty McEneaney admits score 'confusion'

Post  JimWexford Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:47 pm

From the indo
MONAGHAN U-21 manager Eamonn McEneaney agreed there was some "confusion" surrounding the scoreline late on in their Ulster semi-final with Tyrone but insisted the matter was closed.
With the Farney men lining up a late '45', the scoreboard at Brewster Park showed they were trailing by two points, prompting a Monaghan attempt to engineer a goal when a point would have been enough to force the game into extra-time.
"It was more or less the last kick of the ball," McEneaney said. "There was some confusion among the players alright, some lads thought we were two points down and others thought there was just one in it. We tried to work it short but it wasn't to be."
It was a cruel irony for McEneaney, who himself converted a famous '45' for Monaghan in the 1985 All-Ireland semi-final to force a replay with Kerry, but he remained philosophical.
"That went against us but that wasn't the real reason we found ourselves in the predicament we were in. We didn't take enough scores. When you get a chance to beat Tyrone you have to take it. These things even themselves out."
- Donnchadh Boyle

Irish Independent
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
bocerty wrote:[Mugsy left work yesterday at 5.30pm witht he intention of getting a bite to eat a change of clothes and off to Enniskillen for the match it was a great evening for it. Unfortunately went home and the house was full of visitors who didnt leave until well after 7pm so unfortuantely it would have been a wasted journey.

!

Thinly veiled "I came home to find a pair of process servers attempting to serve a warrant" post from the intrepid Bocerty here.
Who would have "visitors" on such important occasions.....

baxtards always seem to turn up at my house Boxty at the wrong time - it they were sent for they wouldnt come half as quick
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:20 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:Wo wo wo here lads. The scoreboard did not put Tyrone 2 points up, The fisted effort by Mattie Donnelly wasn't recorded on the scoreboard at all. The quick 50 in question wasn't lobbed into the square either in fact it didnt travel more than 15 yards

RTE reported these events yesterday Mugsy and I see some chat about them on a Monaghan board elsewhere. Only going on that - some people seem to think it happened.

Apologies Jayo, perhaps I am being a bit liberal with the truth here. To be perfectly honest I knew at the time that tyrone were One point up as a result of McCullagh's point. Mattie Donnelly then had an effort dissallowed as he was adjudged to use his open hand to score a point . I Happened to glance at the scoreboard to see if the score had actually been registered, At that stage it hadn't gone up. The resulting kickout was taken from the hands and if it had been a score surely the ball should have been set on a tee for a kickout, The score still hadn't been registered when the free kick was taken. I'll admit that I never looked at the scoreboard after that as I like everyone around me assumed that it was still a one point game and was more concerned with the action on the field.

It just sounds like sour grapes on McEnaneys behalf, How hard would it have been for him to check with the officials or even his stats man for that matter to double check the score. Like I say I and everyone around me knew that it was a one point game. Everyone assumed the kicker of the 45 was going for the point until he made his eventual choice of a quick kick which was more than awful in any case as an under 8 player could have and did intercept it.

Final next Wednesday night in Brewster, must put up my "No visitors" sign again.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:00 pm

In this era of "I was there/ it was a mile wide/ the ref fooked up" I find the "facts" as outlined by Mugsy here refreshing....

The guy was there and tells it as he witnessed it.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Hopefully we're in for a good game tonight.. Are this Cavan team another group of 'nearly' men or are they winners..? I feel it will take something special to get a win.. Good luck to both teams.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Yeah looking forward to this one myself although probably going to be tortured by fair weather supporters asking who's he? Wheres he from? etc etc (pointing no elbows at Boc here btw Razz)
When both sides met at minor level it was pretty close. Packie Leddy almost did enough when introduced for Cavan that day. Cavan have 13 of that side playing tonight as opposed to Tyrones' 9 men. Should be a close one and obviously hoping for some more silverware. Tir Eoghain abu!
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:40 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:Yeah looking forward to this one myself although probably going to be tortured by fair weather supporters asking who's he? Wheres he from? etc etc (pointing no elbows at Boc here btw Razz)

THought that was a Dublin phenomenim phenominen phenomenen thing.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:31 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:Yeah looking forward to this one myself although probably going to be tortured by fair weather supporters asking who's he? Wheres he from? etc etc (pointing no elbows at Boc here btw Razz)
When both sides met at minor level it was pretty close. Packie Leddy almost did enough when introduced for Cavan that day. Cavan have 13 of that side playing tonight as opposed to Tyrones' 9 men. Should be a close one and obviously hoping for some more silverware. Tir Eoghain abu!

wouldnt be like a Greencastle man to point his elbows - not until he had them sharpened anyway!!!

If young McCullagh wasnt playing you wouldnt be either Mugsy you'd be at home sorting the lambing out. All we will listen to is how well he played and how he couldnt be done without!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hope big Ruairi is summoned from the bench to hit the winner - that'll sicken your dung and put the yapping outta ye Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Any score from this game
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:51 pm

mullins wrote:Any score from this game

1-05 to 0-04 Half-Time Mullins.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 pm

HT Cavan 1-05 Tyrone 0-04
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Cavan posters will be affraid
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:17 pm

1-7 to 0-8
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next