GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Ireland U21 Championship 2011

+15
Real Kerry Fan
Loyal2TheRoyal
JimWexford
OMAR
redhandman
mullins
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
bocerty
mugsys_barber
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
RMDrive
up.the.oak.trees
Grenvile
19 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

All-Ireland U21 Championship 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All-Ireland U21 Championship 2011

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:02 am

mullins wrote:bocerty- i've nothing to worry about my money is in the Ulster Bank..

Thats right mullins - I remember when you took it all out of the Northern Bank ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

All-Ireland U21 Championship 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All-Ireland U21 Championship 2011

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:13 am

bocerty wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:There weren't too many calling for Ruari's inclusion this evening to be fair.....

not even the Da????

seemed to be struggling a bit Mugsy until Harte went to CHB - was Teague short if match time or injured or both, it wasnt looking good for a while in the first half but the the game turned in a very short space of time

Switching Harte to CHB really worked as the Down No 11 was causing alot of bother mostly due to Down winning lots of break ball. Tyrone also introduced Tiarnan McCann for Stefan McKenna from Dungannon who in my opinion has struggled at this level in all the three games he has played in. Down won a hell of alot of breaking ball in the first half and we did look to be in trouble up until our rather fortunate goal which seemed to turn the tide as we were 6 points behind at one stage and could possibly have went in a point up at half time. Teague is definitely just short of match practice and seemed to struggle with the pace of the game this evening but that is no bad Down side - They had a very mobile forward line that just seemed to run out of ideas after Tyrone capitalised on their first half goal. McNabb didn't feature at all and Mossey could be out for a wee while yet which is dissapointing even if he is from Gortin Razz
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:38 am

Ah yes, Ulster Bank, now 84% owned by the British government, such was their willingness to take on all and sundry...

Was delighted to see Keenan finally bite the bullet, albeit 3 years too late. I'm told that Richie Donnelly was excellent in the middle of the field - did a lot of heavy work. And also heard that Harte was the major driving force - he will be enormously important for Tyrone this summer, and in the years to come. The new Brian Dooher.

This is a competition that Tyrone should win, given that we have 2 all-ireland minor winning teams back-boning the side. A win, or an extended run at the least, would be a great boost to the senior team. Still though, Monaghan will be a potential banana skin, following the 3 big games with Down. Tyrone should have enough class to go through, but the focus needs to be right.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:00 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Ah yes, Ulster Bank, now 84% owned by the British government, such was their willingness to take on all and sundry...

Was delighted to see Keenan finally bite the bullet, albeit 3 years too late. I'm told that Richie Donnelly was excellent in the middle of the field - did a lot of heavy work. And also heard that Harte was the major driving force - he will be enormously important for Tyrone this summer, and in the years to come. The new Brian Dooher.

This is a competition that Tyrone should win, given that we have 2 all-ireland minor winning teams back-boning the side. A win, or an extended run at the least, would be a great boost to the senior team. Still though, Monaghan will be a potential banana skin, following the 3 big games with Down. Tyrone should have enough class to go through, but the focus needs to be right.

thats a bit harsh TC - he is just one of those people who has found himself in the position of being an alright footballer, (he is big and strong but lacks mobility and feet) his father is heavily involved in the whole GAA coaching setup in fact he might even be involved with the U21s in a small capacity, he certainly is big buddies with Munroe and McAnenly.

The lad has been given the opportunity to wear the county jersey and has even got an All Ireland minor medal to show for it - and few if any would blame him, i would have broken your arm to get wearing it. It must be hard for the father to admit that perhaps his son just isnt good enough for this level of football (which i'm sure deep down Roger probably accepts) and even harder to tell the son, i mean how would you do it???

Quite possibly if his father wasnt in the mix then neither would Ruairi but you only have to look at Mickey Harte and his son and you have to ask yourself if you were in the same boat and your son was an alright footballer would you not do the same????

I know you didnt mean it personally but i do have a certain amount of sympathy for the lad.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 am

It's not harsh in the slightest Boc. He was carried in 2008 as a minor, and hasn't developed enough as an U-21 to be worthy of a place on the team.

I wasn't commenting on him as a person, I was commenting on my pleasure at seeing him dropped from a side that he is not good enough to be on. The side is stronger without him on it.

Hardly harsh, considering that this is a forum for discussing games/teams/players.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:46 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:Tyrone finally made it through to meet the farney men in the semi final. Thankfully there doesn't appear to be any fresh injuries from tonights game. Peter Harte was brilliant tonight and the emergence of Brian McGuigan's youngest brother Shea added a whole new dimension to the Tyrone attack - Another wee gem in the making there - Class act Very Happy
And no Gortin men on show tonight either jerry

an ounce of breeding is worth a ton of feedin!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:It's not harsh in the slightest Boc. He was carried in 2008 as a minor, and hasn't developed enough as an U-21 to be worthy of a place on the team.

I wasn't commenting on him as a person, I was commenting on my pleasure at seeing him dropped from a side that he is not good enough to be on. The side is stronger without him on it.

Hardly harsh, considering that this is a forum for discussing games/teams/players.

Totally agree with you here TC and this is not a Greencastle-Gortin thing from my point of view. His contribution in the first half of the second replay included breaking the ball down twice and having the ball in his hands twice. On the second occasion he had the ball he forfeited possession for the Down goal Rolling Eyes Adios Amigo, To be honest he strikes me as being that lazy that He'd rowl on his side to sh1te Laughing
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:55 pm

Harsh harsh harsh. I remember a few lads questioning Gilroy and they were pilloried ..... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:10 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:It's not harsh in the slightest Boc. He was carried in 2008 as a minor, and hasn't developed enough as an U-21 to be worthy of a place on the team.

Totally agree with you here TC and this is not a Greencastle-Gortin thing from my point of view. His contribution in the first half of the second replay included breaking the ball down twice and having the ball in his hands twice. On the second occasion he had the ball he forfeited possession for the Down goal Rolling Eyes Adios Amigo, To be honest he strikes me as being that lazy that He'd rowl on his side to sh1te Laughing

i think you both missed the point i was trying to make - i agree he is not good enough for this grade of football but the point i was trying to make is that he is in the squad for reasons other than his footballing skills. Were he not the son of his father he wouldnt be near the panel but because of who he is he has found himself in this position.

Would either of you in his postiion turn down the opportunity to play for your county (he is studying to be a teacher and playing for the county might give him an advantage when it comes to an interview some day) i dont think either of you would. Similarly if you were his father would you have the balls to tell him he isnt good enough????

Thats what i meant by harsh TC - he is between a rock and a hard place for me and not all of it is his own making if you ask me!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Boc, his father is not the manager, nor the assistant. The lad himself is not good enough, and should not be on.

Of course it isn't the boy's place to take himself off the panel, but it is Raymond Munroe's, and he has to be big enough to make those decisions. Glad to see he finally has.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Monaghan 2 points up at halftime in the Semi against Tyrone.

In Munster news Cork hammering Kerry by 20+ affraid

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Monaghan 2 points up at halftime in the Semi against Tyrone.

In Munster news Cork hammering Kerry by 20+ affraid

Must be a gale blowing
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:25 pm

1 point win for Tyrone.

Munster U21 Final Cork 2-24 Kerry 0-8 (FT) affraid
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:21 pm

Kerry are finished......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Kerry are finished......

So in boxtys world thats Kerry/Kilkenny finished within days... affraid

I wouldn't put money on it..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Kerry are finished......

Whatever about Kerry certainly seems that we may get used to the sight of corks 6 foot 4 odd HF linefor a few years at HQ
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:33 pm

mullins wrote:[So in boxtys world thats Kerry/Kilkenny finished within days... affraid

Future not looking bright for either mullins, unless the respective managers can coax one more year out of spent forces.....

Even Paul Nicholls could only "hope" that Kauto Star and Denman came home safe in the Gold Cup....Alas, that was the best they could do but they did it well....

Dublin for the double......never leveller playing fields than this year ahead.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 pm

And well done to Wexford who beat Longford 1-9 to 0-11 to win their first ever Leinster U21 title! Jim will be on the beer for a month!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
mullins wrote:[So in boxtys world thats Kerry/Kilkenny finished within days... affraid

Future not looking bright for either mullins, unless the respective managers can coax one more year out of spent forces.....

Even Paul Nicholls could only "hope" that Kauto Star and Denman came home safe in the Gold Cup....Alas, that was the best they could do but they did it well....

Dublin for the double......never leveller playing fields than this year ahead.

Boxty it will take a good team to put either out..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Ah! now Mullins....You would by now fancy Limerick to give this fading Kerry team the road, not to mind what Cork would do to them.....
Dublin or Galway, at decent odds to win Leinster hurling, should be snapped up...

So the message is LAY, LAY.......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:27 pm

Tyrone booked their place in the Ulster U21 final with a very hard fought 1 point win over Monaghan. A late score by Greencastle man John McCullagh rocker was enough to see us through but only just. Monaghan were in the lead for many stages of the game and their full forward line of McGuiness, McEnaney and McKenna caused alot of problems for us. Monaghan had a chance to equalise with a 45 in injury time but Midfielder Dooney decided to kick it short and this was intercepted by young Ronan O'Neill who again showed flashes of how big a talent he could turn out to be tonight.

Very relieved to get into the final against Cavan as it definitely didn't look like it at different time during the game. Monaghan defended well. Some of the more recognisable names perhaps still not firing on all cylinders but I thought that again Peter Harte was Tyrones best performer and was also impressed by the workrate of young Shea McGuigan at CHF. I think perhaps the final will be next Wednesday night in Brewster.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:37 pm

This Tyrone team will be hard stopped.. Our defence will really need to be on their toes next week if we're to have any chance. Cavan have the most important few days in our recent history coming up with a relegation match and the Ulster Final.

Hyland is a good man to get teams to a final, 3 in the last 2 years by my count, but has yet to get over the finishing line.. It might only be a provincial U-21 Final but this game is massive for us.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:38 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Boc, his father is not the manager, nor the assistant. The lad himself is not good enough, and should not be on.

Of course it isn't the boy's place to take himself off the panel, but it is Raymond Munroe's, and he has to be big enough to make those decisions. Glad to see he finally has.

TC he might not be manager or assistant but he is big buddies with both and possibly even doing some of the coaching/training (hope no one from Ulster Council is reading this. And he does have influence so dont dismiss him just as handy as that, its all very well saying Munroe should be big enough but are you telling me that if you were in his shoes you would make the call without hesitation.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:39 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:Tyrone booked their place in the Ulster U21 final with a very hard fought 1 point win over Monaghan. A late score by Greencastle man John McCullagh rocker was enough to see us through but only just. Monaghan were in the lead for many stages of the game and their full forward line of McGuiness, McEnaney and McKenna caused alot of problems for us. Monaghan had a chance to equalise with a 45 in injury time but Midfielder Dooney decided to kick it short and this was intercepted by young Ronan O'Neill who again showed flashes of how big a talent he could turn out to be tonight.

Very relieved to get into the final against Cavan as it definitely didn't look like it at different time during the game. Monaghan defended well. Some of the more recognisable names perhaps still not firing on all cylinders but I thought that again Peter Harte was Tyrones best performer and was also impressed by the workrate of young Shea McGuigan at CHF. I think perhaps the final will be next Wednesday night in Brewster.

Mugsy you sure it wasnt 2 points - not that it really matters but the score i read was 0.12 - 1.07
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:49 pm

Least we know now! Looking forward to reilly vs cooney meeting again! Cavan will have to be at their very best lets hope the can provide the county with a big boost!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next