GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Championship 2011...How do you feel about it....

+7
RMDrive
rich dublin
patrique
Grenvile
Jayo Cluxton
black&white
Boxtyeater
11 posters

Go down

Championship 2011...How do you feel about it.... Empty Championship 2011...How do you feel about it....

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:26 pm

The 2011 season's draws have been made....We're up against Sligo for an opener.. affraid

LEINSTER SHC DRAW 2011

Preliminary round:
Antrim v Laois
Carlow v Westmeath

Quarter-finals:
Dublin v Offaly
Antrim/Laois v Wexford
Galway v Carlow/Weatmeath

Semi-finals:
Dublin/Offaly v Galway or Carlow/Westmeath
Antrim/Laois or Wexford v Kilkenny

MUNSTER SHC DRAW 2011

Quarter-final:
Tipperary v Cork

Semi-finals:
Limerick v Waterford
Clare v Tipp/Cork

MUNSTER SFC DRAW 2011

First round/quarter-finals:
Kerry v Tipperary
Clare v Cork

Semi-finals:
Limerick v Kerry/Tipperary
Waterford v Clare/Cork

CONNACHT SFC DRAW 2011

Quarter-finals:
New York v Roscommon
London v Mayo
Leitrim v Sligo
Galway have a bye to the semi-final

Semi-finals:
Galway v London/Mayo
Leitrim/Sligo v New York v Roscommon

ULSTER SFC DRAW 2011

Preliminary round:
Donegal v Antrim

Quarter-finals:
Derry v Fermanagh
Armagh v Down
Tyrone v Monaghan
Cavan v Donegal/Antrim

LEINSTER SFC DRAW 2011

First round:
Kildare v Wicklow
Laois v Longford
Wexford v Offaly

Quarter-finals:
Kildare/Wicklow v Meath
Laois/Longford v Dublin
Wexford/Offaly v Westmeath
Carlow v Louth
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Championship 2011...How do you feel about it.... Empty Re: Championship 2011...How do you feel about it....

Post  black&white Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:36 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:The 2011 season's draws have been made....We're up against Sligo for an opener.. affraid

Poor draw for Leitrim, avoiding the easy side of the draw. Having to overcome the form team in Connacht followed by the reigning champions just to get to a final is rough.

At least there'll be an easy game in the final if they make it that far!
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Championship 2011...How do you feel about it.... Empty Re: Championship 2011...How do you feel about it....

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Nice to see Galway get a bye to the semi and avoid the pitfalls of NY ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:55 pm

It's a pity we couldn't have met Monaghan in the final as opposed to the Semi but still people will realise we are contenders once we send Down packing in the Final.

Cavan for Sam. Championship 2011...How do you feel about it.... 654413

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:07 pm

In the obviously "seeded" Leinster hurling draw, Antrim should win the whoole thing. Beating Laois, wexford and Kilkenny will have us battle hardened before facing the Dubs in the final.

As for Munster hurling, Cork to go the whole way this year, after losing me money last year. They will beat Waterford this year.

Ulster football? I need to see if my passport is up to date.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Jonsmith wrote:It's a pity we couldn't have met Monaghan in the final as opposed to the Semi but still people will realise we are contenders once we send Down packing in the Final.

Cavan for Fléadh. Championship 2011...How do you feel about it.... 654413

Fixed..... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:26 am

think its the best draw we could have hoped for, do disrespect to lietrim but with home advantage we should beat them if it was in carrick i would be very worried then a crack at righting the worst prepared game of last year the ros match as we where so over-confident which is absolutly mental when u consider the history of the two counties at all levels.

think Mayo will be strong next year really do so should be a good year in connaught
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:39 am

rich dublin wrote:think its the best draw we could have hoped for, do disrespect to lietrim but with home advantage we should beat them if it was in carrick i would be very worried then a crack at righting the worst prepared game of last year the ros match as we where so over-confident which is absolutly mental when u consider the history of the two counties at all levels.

Pairc Séan MacDiarmada....start worrying. Big expectations on ye' now, pressure, supporters, Sligo Champion, B&W spoofing, the full gamut.
Proven chokers, as last years Connacht final showed. But a weekend in Dungarvan or some other outpost would be great for ye'. See you in Carrick... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:10 am

Not that I think we could win it anyway, but the Ulster Championship has never been won by a team who had to play the Preliminary round. Looking forward to some revenge against the Saffrons.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:22 am

If Dublin are not very careful here they could end up winning Leinster ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:47 pm

As has been proved over recent years winning the provincial championship seems more of a hindrance than a help. But to give it a lift the ideal winners in 2011 hopefully will be Limerick,Louth,Leitrim and Fermanagh. Imagine the boost it would give those counties.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:As has been proved over recent years winning the provincial championship seems more of a hindrance than a help. But to give it a lift the ideal winners in 2011 hopefully will be Limerick,Louth Wexford,Leitrim and Fermanagh. Imagine the boost it would give those counties.

Fixed.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:winners in 2011 hopefully will be Limerick,Louth,Leitrim and Fermanagh. Imagine the boost it would give those counties.

There's more chance of finding a clean room in the athletes village at the Commonwealth Games .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:09 pm

RMDrive wrote:Not that I think we could win it anyway, but the Ulster Championship has never been won by a team who had to play the Preliminary round. Looking forward to some revenge against the Saffrons.

Fear not RMD, I think that curse lifted a few years ago. Samin could advise better, but I'm fairly sure that Armagh won Ulster from the Preliminary round during the later years of their great run.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Correct. In 2005 Armagh beat Fermanagh in the Prelim round and went on to beat Tyrone in the Ulster Final.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
RMDrive wrote:Not that I think we could win it anyway, but the Ulster Championship has never been won by a team who had to play the Preliminary round. Looking forward to some revenge against the Saffrons.

Fear not RMD, I think that curse lifted a few years ago. Samin could advise better, but I'm fairly sure that Armagh won Ulster from the Preliminary round during the later years of their great run.

Well in that case it's ours to lose Laughing
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
rich dublin wrote:think its the best draw we could have hoped for, do disrespect to lietrim but with home advantage we should beat them if it was in carrick i would be very worried then a crack at righting the worst prepared game of last year the ros match as we where so over-confident which is absolutly mental when u consider the history of the two counties at all levels.

Pairc Séan MacDiarmada....start worrying. Big expectations on ye' now, pressure, supporters, Sligo Champion, B&W spoofing, the full gamut.
Proven chokers, as last years Connacht final showed. But a weekend in Dungarvan or some other outpost would be great for ye'. See you in Carrick... Wink

i thought the last time we played ye in the connaught champ was in carrick? would that not mean we have home draw??? is mulligan gonna be back? and if so will he be the same player?
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:33 pm

Do past meeting count for anything though rich dub? I know we got Fermanagh in Breffni two years in a row..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:12 pm

not sure i thought they did but could be wrong will be very difficult if its in carrick i certainly wont be taking anything for granted with that one
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:09 pm

flippin' Cork again... ;jedi;
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Correct. In 2005 Armagh beat Fermanagh in the Prelim round and went on to beat Tyrone in the Ulster Final.

True, also the first team to do three in a row since the 50's i think. Very pleased with the draw, hopefully be in Athletic Grounds which should be open for our handy first game of the national league

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down