GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Division 1

+8
emmetryan
RMDrive
Gaa_lover
Boxtyeater
OMAR
bocerty
Parouisa
Thomas Clarke
12 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NFL Division 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Division 1

Post  Parouisa Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:45 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:He was getting very irate last week against Kildare, Par. I don't think he can help himself.

I've said on here before that I see him as a coward, who feels that he has to hit people to prove he is tough. I think you have enough at the minute not to need him.

In his defence he gets more stick than any other Dublin player. Aidan O'Shea was at him from the first minute with not a ball in sight. But if he sees the red mist occasionally (a la Ger) then he can expect this - unfortunately. But he has something hanging over him that needs him to be on his best behaviour.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:50 am

Parouisa wrote: In his defence he gets more stick than any other Dublin player. Aidan O'Shea was at him from the first minute with not a ball in sight. But if he sees the red mist occasionally (a la Ger) then he can expect this - unfortunately. But he has something hanging over him that needs him to be on his best behaviour.

I remember Stevie McDonnell asking Ryan McMenamin why he never niggled him or gave him verbals, and Ricey's response was that he knew it would be a waste of time.

He had the same thing hanging over him last week too. I wouldn't be playing him - I don't think it is helpful to the lad to put him in a situation that he has shown he struggles to handle, and the team doesn't need him that badly just now either.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Well I suppose JG and others closer to him can make that call better than we can. Could be that it helps to play - it certainly not affecting his form in a negative way. On the contrary .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Parouisa wrote:Well I suppose JG and others closer to him can make that call better than we can. Could be that it helps to play - it certainly not affecting his form in a negative way. On the contrary .....

Hmm, we'll see. Maybe I'm biased as I just don't like him!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Kyle Coney apparently dislocated his shoulder in training on Thursday night. Terrible run of injuries for the lad over the last couple of years (last week was his first game for Tyrone in 11 months).

Similarly cursed, Cork's Colm O'Neill looks like he might have torn his cruciate again tonight.

Huge losses for both sides with the summer looming. All the best to both lads in their recoveries.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Kyle Coney apparently dislocated his shoulder in training on Thursday night. Terrible run of injuries for the lad over the last couple of years (last week was his first game for Tyrone in 11 months).

Similarly cursed, Cork's Colm O'Neill looks like he might have torn his cruciate again tonight.

Huge losses for both sides with the summer looming. All the best to both lads in their recoveries.

Stephen o neill seems to have a liking for Saturday Night Lights
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Tyrone home by one late subs s (mcneice And plunkett kane) making an impact
Donegal in 3 way dogfight to avoid second relegation spot. Big game v Mayo
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:36 pm

To any twitter fans out there Brolly A new face on said media channel and clearly trying to set his stall is having a bit of a cut at Tyrone cynicism.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:01 pm

OMAR wrote:To any twitter fans out there Brolly A new face on said media channel and clearly trying to set his stall is having a bit of a cut at Tyrone cynicism.

He's obviously getting worried again - he hasn't mentioned us much in recent years.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:16 pm

@JoeBrolly1993: Black cards must be introduced Mickey Harte must be faced down The strategy of systematic cynical fouling is immune to the current rules

@JoeBrolly1993: Mickey is the most vocal critic of the new rules, because they will end the widespread strategy of tactical fouling. Think about that
@JoeBrolly1993: Tyrone folk ultra sensitive because your team is coached to foul tactically and you know it The others are at it as well & it is worsening
@JoeBrolly1993: @annehagan irony is Anne that Tyrone have the boys to play total football Winning doesn't have to be so goddamn ugly

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Joe obviously wasn't impressed, but I thought that Tyrone played very well and it was a very good game.

The intensity was high from start to finish, and although Dublin had several openings that could have resulted in more goals, we generally had the better of things and should have been further in front at half time. I thought that we were slow to make changes when the game was beginning to slip way but, when the fresh legs eventually arrived, we rattled off a few good scores and closed out the game.

Dublin had some positives, most notably McManamon, who tore Aidan McCrory to pieces. They'll also take a lot of comfort from playing without the Brogans, Cluxton, O'Carroll, Nolan, McCarthy, McMahon and (more or less) Kilkenny.

Still, Tyrone will be very pleased, particularly after the no-show last weekend. We battled for every ball, and had big performances from our experienced players (McMahons, Cavanagh, SON, Gormley), as well as good games from the Donnellys and McNamee. Tyrone are now in the semis, so we have at least 3 more games before we play Donegal. Coney is a huge loss, and I'd worry about Justin McMahon who seemed to re-injure his groin at the end of the match. Still, we are improving.

Last edited by Thomas Clarke on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:03 pm

OMAR wrote:
@JoeBrolly1993: Mickey is the most vocal critic of the new rules, because they will end the widespread strategy of tactical fouling. Think about that

The most cynical fouling this evening occurred in Cork. Not only Cadogan's rugby tackle on Murphy to deny an injury time goal, but there was also the same player wrapping his arms around Neil Gallagher to stop him getting to the next ball that came in (and that one was inside the penalty area). Coldrick was within a few yards of the 2nd incident, and a converted penalty then would have won the match for Donegal. As blatant as it gets.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:22 am

I was actually lamenting the lack of intensity in the game - at least from a Dublin perspective - there was literally none. We played poorly and got what we deserved - nothing. Fair play to Tyrone they got their win and will now likely be in the semis. I would have absolutely no fear of meeting them again.

Jim G continues to experiment - in some cases why I don't know! eg Ger is not and never will be a FB. He rested Cluxton, Bernard and Ross and we don't have somoene to take a 45 without Cluxton. MDMcA needs to find some form too. I reckon we started with about 6/7 of what I would consider our best XV so there is plenty of room to improve. That said we have at most 4 games before C'ship so maybe we should be settling the team at this stage.

Lest I be accused of sour grapes I will not say much on the subject but if there was more cynicism on show in Cork - esp in last 10 mins - it must have been awful. Something has to be done (black card maybe) and also about the standard of refereeing cos it is appaling. I had a bad feeling about the day when I saw Marty Duffy and Wayne Barnes were to be the men in the middle.

I had wee lad with me and we met Mickey, Sean C and SON after and got pics and autographs - gents all.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:35 pm

It's interesting how different people see things, and while I appreciate that you were at the game, it certainly looked intense on television, and the commentators/analysts seemed to echo this. (Perhaps it was because I'd just watched Cork/Donegal, which was a damp squib.)

Not sure that I'd agree when you say that Dublin only fielded 6-7 of their championship side Par. O'Brien, Brennan, O'Sullivan, Daly, McCaffrey, O'Mahony/Bastick, Flynn, Kilkenny/McManamon, Andrews and Connelly would all start if the championship was next month. Still, Cluxton, O'Carroll, Nolan/McCarthy, MDMA, Brogans (x2) all back would make a big difference, as that is effectively the spine of your side.

Tyrone will have Conor Clarke back, Ciaran McGinley will lose out to someone at wing forward, and Coney (had he been fit) would also have started. McCurry/O'Neill should take the place of Penrose. We are still very reliant, however, on the fitness of a few key players.

I felt that, just like the Donegal game, this was Tyrone putting down a marker. We've now beaten 3 of last season's semi finalists (Dublin and Mayo away from home), and showed a lot of grit in all the games. When assessing championship prospects, I'd still put Donegal and Dublin ahead of us, but we are better equipped to challenge than last year.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Parouisa wrote:
I had wee lad with me and we met Mickey, Sean C and SON after and got pics and autographs - gents all.

What were Mickey's thoughts on Thomas Clarke's comments re: team selection as expressed here on the Forum Par?
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Parouisa wrote:

What were Mickey's thoughts on Thomas Clarke's comments re: team selection as expressed here on the Forum Par?

So long as he didn't ask SON the same question - I was retiring him last summer... Embarassed
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:50 pm

P i take it the cynicism you mention was all coming from Tyrone given the tone of your post on the matter????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Joe obviously wasn't impressed, but I thought that Tyrone played very well and it was a very good game.

The intensity was high from start to finish, and although Dublin had several openings that could have resulted in more goals, we generally had the better of things and should have been further in front at half time. I thought that we were slow to make changes when the game was beginning to slip way but, when the fresh legs eventually arrived, we rattled off a few good scores and closed out the game.

Dublin had some positives, most notably McManamon, who tore Aidan McCrory to pieces. They'll also take a lot of comfort from playing without the Brogans, Cluxton, O'Carroll, Nolan, McCarthy, McMahon and (more or less) Kilkenny.

Still, Tyrone will be very pleased, particularly after the no-show last weekend. We battled for every ball, and had big performances from our experienced players (McMahons, Cavanagh, SON, Gormley), as well as good games from the Donnellys and McNamee. Tyrone are now in the semis, so we have at least 3 more games before we play Donegal. Coney is a huge loss, and I'd worry about Justin McMahon who seemed to re-injure his groin at the end of the match. Still, we are improving.

once again i would have to question the awarding of the MOTM award on Setanta to Sean Cavanagh - to me his reputation is preceding him when these awards are being dished out. For my money we had two men play much better than him. One being Stephen O'Neill who has managed to go all these games without injury and is showing real leadership and a hunger he hasnt perhaps shown in a while.

The other one and for me the most obvious candidate for MOTM is Mark Donnelly i thought he was excellent from start to finish. He always was a good enough ball carrier and a link man between defence and attack but he has now started to add the ability to kick a few scores into his repertoire, he got through an absolute mountain of work.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:15 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:It's interesting how different people see things, and while I appreciate that you were at the game, it certainly looked intense on television, and the commentators/analysts seemed to echo this. (Perhaps it was because I'd just watched Cork/Donegal, which was a damp squib.)

Not sure that I'd agree when you say that Dublin only fielded 6-7 of their championship side Par. O'Brien, Brennan, O'Sullivan, Daly, McCaffrey, O'Mahony/Bastick, Flynn, Kilkenny/McManamon, Andrews and Connelly would all start if the championship was next month. Still, Cluxton, O'Carroll, Nolan/McCarthy, MDMA, Brogans (x2) all back would make a big difference, as that is effectively the spine of your side.

Sky ansd Setanta are inclined to over egg their puddings. Dub lin had little or no intensity in the first 35 and only picked it up marginally in the second. I reckon only two of the starting C'ship backs started last Sat - Ger Brennan OR Cian O'Sullivan will likely be CHB and Jack Mc will start at half back. Daly wil not start.

Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:00 pm

I'd guess at least 3 - Brennan at CHB, McCaffrey at LHB and O'Sullivan in the corner.

One of Cooper or O'Brien will probably start too, but we'll see.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I'd guess at least 3 - Brennan at CHB, McCaffrey at LHB and O'Sullivan in the corner.

One of Cooper or O'Brien will probably start too, but we'll see.

Dublin have a surfeit of corner backs but no real cover at FB. I cannot see O'Sullivan in a corner when there are so many other options - no point in putting square pegs in round holes when you don't have to. On current form Cooper would get the number 4 jersey.

Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:16 pm

So where does Cian play? He was in the corner on several occasions in 2011, and also moved to full back on O'Neill last week.

I'd guess:

O'Brien/Cooper - O'Carroll - O'Sullivan

Nolan/McCarthy - Brennan - McCaffrey
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:So where does Cian play? He was in the corner on several occasions in 2011, and also moved to full back on O'Neill last week.

I'd guess:

Not sure - its hard to read even looking at league games to date - and the fact that Nolan and Fitzsimons and McCarthy have all to come in. Also Cian O'Sullivan won an All Ireland at No. 2! Gavin seems to like Darren Daly too. I would be a little concerned that throughout the OBC and League to date we have not come up with a viable alternative FB.

O'Carroll at 3, McCaffrey at 7 are probably the only definites at the moment. If he goes Brennan at 6 then maybe Cian could end up 2 with McCarthy in front of him and Johnny Cooper in the other corner. This means no place for Kevin Nolan, Michael Fitzsimons, Darren Daly or Kevin O'Brien.

Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Parouisa wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:So where does Cian play? He was in the corner on several occasions in 2011, and also moved to full back on O'Neill last week.

I'd guess:

Not sure - its hard to read even looking at league games to date - and the fact that Nolan and Fitzsimons and McCarthy have all to come in. Also Cian O'Sullivan won an All Ireland at No. 2! Gavin seems to like Darren Daly too. I would be a little concerned that throughout the OBC and League to date we have not come up with a viable alternative FB.

O'Carroll at 3, McCaffrey at 7 are probably the only definites at the moment. If he goes Brennan at 6 then maybe Cian could end up 2 with McCarthy in front of him and Johnny Cooper in the other corner. This means no place for Kevin Nolan, Michael Fitzsimons, Darren Daly or Kevin O'Brien.

Yeah, that is pretty much as I'd see it at the minute, except he probably won't play Cooper and McCaffrey on the same side of the field.

I thought the same re. full back. If O'Carroll is out, that suddenly becomes a real area of weakness. Ironically, in Tyrone we have no corner backs, but 4 decent options at full back - Gormley, Clarke and the McMahons. Feast or famine.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:45 am

you got to feel sorry for Colm O'Neill - 3 cruciate injuries is sickening for the lad. God knows were he will find the mental strength to come back from that, knowing full well what is involved having been there twice before.

I seen the match and the incident which led up to the injury and it was innocuous to say the least he just seemed to jar his knee and catch his boot in the ground.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next