GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Division 1

+8
emmetryan
RMDrive
Gaa_lover
Boxtyeater
OMAR
bocerty
Parouisa
Thomas Clarke
12 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NFL Division 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: NFL Division 1

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:10 am

Yeah, it was looked so innocuous, but you knew straight away that something was badly wrong. It's often the case that the worst injuries don't involve another player.

I'd fear that we are unlikely to see him playing at that level again. A huge loss to Cork, and a great disappointment to the lad himself.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:15 am

Hi guys,

Tactical preview of Kerry vs Cork up here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 am

Can Cork really be considered SAM contenders after been beating by this Kerry team???

Are Donegal in a mini crisis following their poor league campaign to date? Form cant be turned off and on like a tap and Guinness has a lot of work to do. Donegal were so unlike themselves yesterday. As OMAR said the amount of ball they gave away, not only that when they did lose the ball the amount of men who jut stopped and couldn't be bothered tracking back.

Just how good are Tyrone? We have beaten most of the teams who folk would rank above us.

yesterdays results have certainly thrown up some interesting questions.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:07 am

bocerty wrote:Can Cork really be considered SAM contenders after been beating by this Kerry team???

Are Donegal in a mini crisis following their poor league campaign to date? Form cant be turned off and on like a tap and Guinness has a lot of work to do. Donegal were so unlike themselves yesterday. As OMAR said the amount of ball they gave away, not only that when they did lose the ball the amount of men who jut stopped and couldn't be bothered tracking back.

Just how good are Tyrone? We have beaten most of the teams who folk would rank above us.

I'd also add that Dublin's last 2 outings have posed more questions of them than many had previously thought. Tyrone dominated them for long periods, and a very weak Down side were level after 50 minutes.

Additionally, do Kildare know their best side? A lot of the old stalwarts are struggling, and their U21s have looked impressive whenever they have played.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
bocerty wrote:Can Cork really be considered SAM contenders after been beating by this Kerry team???

I'd also add that Dublin's last 2 outings have posed more questions of them than many had previously thought. Tyrone dominated them for long periods, and a very weak Down side were level after 50 minutes.

Additionally, do Kildare know their best side? A lot of the old stalwarts are struggling, and their U21s have looked impressive whenever they have played.

Kildares best side wont be enough to trouble the big boys.

The field is starting to level out somewhat - the likes of Donegal Mayo etc could be looking at no competitive football for night on 2 months - gives them time to iron out issues but conversely how do you know they are ironed out till you pit your wits against a team in a competitive football game.

Form can momentum cant be turned on when it suits, its a challenge for Messrs McGuiness and Horan and it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:41 pm

bocerty wrote:
The field is starting to level out somewhat - the likes of Donegal Mayo etc could be looking at no competitive football for night on 2 months - gives them time to iron out issues but conversely how do you know they are ironed out till you pit your wits against a team in a competitive football game.

Form can momentum cant be turned on when it suits, its a challenge for Messrs McGuiness and Horan and it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

True, although Mayo can, bizarrely, still make the semi finals. Just like last year, they can be both relegated or make the playoffs on the final day. A win against Cork and they will be traveling to Omagh or Dublin for a semi-final.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:47 pm

I make it that If kerry lose they go down regardless of other results. Donegal could stay up even with 4 points as even if Mayo lose Kerry have lost to donegal and Mayo, so donegals win over Kerry keeps them up. Same scenario if Mayo win and Donegal lose

What happens if Kerry, Mayo and Donegal all win ?. They all finish with six points Together with Cork.
I make it that Mayo finish fourth having beaten the other three teams on 6.
Who goes down as Cork,Donegal,kerry would each have one win from that pool ?

Is it point difference ? In which case Kerry need a cricket score in Omagh ?

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:15 pm

OMAR wrote:I make it that If kerry lose they go down regardless of other results. Donegal could stay up even with 4 points as even if Mayo lose Kerry have lost to donegal and Mayo, so donegals win over Kerry keeps them up. Same scenario if Mayo win and Donegal lose

What happens if Kerry, Mayo and Donegal all win ?. They all finish with six points Together with Cork.
I make it that Mayo finish fourth having beaten the other three teams on 6.
Who goes down as Cork,Donegal,kerry would each have one win from that pool ?

Is it point difference ? In which case Kerry need a cricket score in Omagh ?

Exactly. As Kerry are so far behind the others on scoring difference, they will be relegated unless they finish ahead of them on points. In other words, Kerry need a better result than either Donegal or Mayo, or they will be relegated.

Donegal can afford to lose to Dublin and still survive, so long as their neighbours have the inclination to relegate their great chums from the Kingdom.

If Mayo beat Cork, they will be in the semi final against the No.1 seed (currently Tyrone, by virtue of our win over Dublin).
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 am

Lots of talk up here in the Red Hand County about Tyrone relegating Kerry. Some of it brewing from the bad blood that seems to exist between the two counties. Mickey has already declared they will get no favours.

Does Division 1 need Kerry, would be all be worse off without the yearly challenge of pitting our wits against the Kingdom?

I know its good to see other teams coming up and progressing and its no slight on the other teams in division 1 who are trying to safeguard their status for next year.

its going to be an interesting last round of games. I think Down last year needed a win to stay up in their last game and by virtue of the other results they ended up in the semi final.

Still all to play for.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:11 am

bocerty wrote:Lots of talk up here in the Red Hand County about Tyrone relegating Kerry. Some of it brewing from the bad blood that seems to exist between the two counties. Mickey has already declared they will get no favours.

I'd actually like to see Tyrone County Board make a statement welcoming Kerry to Omagh. There is still a real undercurrent of bad blood between the sides, and I can imagine the jeering if Tyrone do win and relegate the Kingdom. It isn't what the GAA is about, and I'd like to see us, as hosts, do something to try and prevent any additional bad publicity (we've had more than enough recently).

As for whether or not division 1 needs Kerry, I'd say that division 1 needs the best 8 teams. If Kerry aren't one of those, then they don't deserve to be there next year.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:08 am

Westmeath will replace Kerry,Mayo or Donegal in div 1 no disrespect to the Leinster men but one of the best eight team will be playing D2 football next year.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:20 am

Gaa_lover wrote:Westmeath will replace Kerry,Mayo or Donegal in div 1 no disrespect to the Leinster men but one of the best eight team will be playing D2 football next year.

True, although to be fair, the form Kerry showed in their first 4-5 league games would have seen them struggling in division 2 as well. Their scoring average is 8 points per game, and a huge number of those have been Johnny Buckley frees. I was susprised that Cork weren't sufficiently good enough to relegate them last week, and I think that says a lot about the Cork psyche.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Gaa_lover wrote:Westmeath will replace Kerry,Mayo or Donegal in div 1 no disrespect to the Leinster men but one of the best eight team will be playing D2 football next year.

True, although to be fair, the form Kerry showed in their first 4-5 league games would have seen them struggling in division 2 as well. Their scoring average is 8 points per game, and a huge number of those have been Johnny Buckley frees. I was susprised that Cork weren't sufficiently good enough to relegate them last week, and I think that says a lot about the Cork psyche.

Kerry still have a good starting 15 (up there with the best) however, their strength in depth during this years league has been shown to all.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Gaa_lover wrote:
Kerry still have a good starting 15 (up there with the best) however, their strength in depth during this years league has been shown to all.

Their starting 15 isn't a patch on what it once was. Brosnan, O'Mahony, Tomas O'Se, Marc O'Se, Declan O'Sullivan, Cooper, Donaghy, Galvin - all these lads will be over 30 by the end of the year, and some of them are far removed form what they once were.

Kerry will be in the later stages of the championship, as even losing the Munster final would see them in a final 12 qualifier in late July. However, I don't see them winning an all ireland.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Gaa_lover wrote:

Their starting 15 isn't a patch on what it once was. Brosnan, O'Mahony, Tomas O'Se, Marc O'Se, Declan O'Sullivan, Cooper, Donaghy, Galvin - all these lads will be over 30 by the end of the year, and some of them are far removed form what they once were.

Kerry will be in the later stages of the championship, as even losing the Munster final would see them in a final 12 qualifier in late July. However, I don't see them winning an all ireland.

They may be over 30 but all are still top players. A few injuries and Kerry won't be able to cope and i can't see them winning the All Ireland either.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Gaa_lover wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
Gaa_lover wrote:

They may be over 30 but all are still top players. A few injuries and Kerry won't be able to cope and i can't see them winning the All Ireland either.

Donaghy, O'Mahony and Galvin are still top players? When did you last see them play 2 good games in a row? I have to respectfully disagree - they are big names, but they wouldn't scare me if my side was facing them.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:

look like the wheels have fallen of the dublin wagon in the last couple of games but its only the league.but my opinon is.if anyone gets with in 6 points of them in the champo this year it will be a good team that does it.

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:56 am

Gaa_lover wrote:Kerry still have a good starting 15 up there with the best however, their strength in depth during this years league has been shown to all.

They may be over 30 but all are still top players. A few injuries and Kerry won't be able to cope and i can't see them winning the All Ireland either.[/quote]

I agree GAA lover re Kerry still having a strong side. If you look at Tyrone's go to men Cav is 30, Joe Mc 30 this year, SON and Gormley 33 this year - after that I don't see a massive amount to be afraid of so I don't see lot of difference. All things beiing equal this Summer in say a QF in Croker with Kerry at full strength, I know who I'd back.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote: I'd actually like to see Tyrone County Board make a statement welcoming Kerry to Omagh. There is still a real undercurrent of bad blood between the sides, and I can imagine the jeering if Tyrone do win and relegate the Kingdom. It isn't what the GAA is about, and I'd like to see us, as hosts, do something to try and prevent any additional bad publicity (we've had more than enough recently).

Well done Club Tyrone Very Happy

Tyrone offer Kerry hand of friendship

28 March 2013

Tyrone and Kerry may not be the best of friends on the field, but the Red Hands' supporters club is eager to facilitate the Kingdom's supporters on Sunday.

The sides meet in the last round of the league in Omagh at the weekend. Kerry need a win to have any chance of avoiding relegation, while Tyrone are already into the semi finals.

Tension between the sides has risen over the past decade or so, but Club Tyrone spokesman Mark Conway has urged any Kerry supporters to stop off at their new GAA centre of excellence on the way home from the game for food and drink.

When Tyrone visited Kerry last year in the qualifiers, their supporters were overwhelmed by the hospitality shown by the hosts, and they are keen to show the same courtesy this weekend.

"Tyrone people were very much taken with the fantastic show of support for Mickey Harte and the Tyrone team when we went to Killarney last Just for the qualifiers," said Conway.

"An awful lot of very good Kerry people waited for over an hour and gave our boys a great send off and that was very much appreciated. Our offer of a wee cup of tea and a sandwich after the game in Omagh, before Kerry folk head home, is just a small offer as a response to the generosity the Tyrone team was shown last July in Kerry."
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:[
"An awful lot of very good Kerry people waited for over an hour and gave our boys a great send off and that was very much appreciated. Our offer of a wee cup of tea and a sandwich after the game in Omagh, before Kerry folk head home, is just a small offer as a response to the generosity the Tyrone team was shown last July in Kerry." [/i]

Please control your generosity there TC, we don't want any unsavoury aftermatch issues. Supt. Pat Mangan (ex-Kildare player and perhaps manager) must see something we can't......Gas innit'.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:29 am

champers wrote:

look like the wheels have fallen of the dublin wagon in the last couple of games but its only the league.but my opinon is.if anyone gets with in 6 points of them in the champo this year it will be a good team that does it.

Shouldn't this post be in the "A song comes into my head" thread....."Should auld acquaintance be forgot" and all that......

Helpline @immadaboutleitrim.com
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi guys,

Full permutations for all 4 divisions up here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Kerry (NFL V Tyrone) - Brendan Kealy; Marc Ó Sé, Mark Griffin, Shane Enright; Tomás Ó Sé, Eoin Brosnan, Killian Young; Anthony Maher, Johnny Buckley; Jonathan Lyne, Colm Cooper, Paul Galvin; Declan O'Sullivan, Kieran Donaghy, Darran O'Sullivan.

Subs: Brian Kelly, Donnchadh Walsh, Kieran O'Leary, Brian McGuire, Fionn Fitzgerald, Peter Crowley, James O'Donoghue, Bryan Sheehan, Patrick Curtin, Jack Sherwood, Michael Geaney.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:04 pm

As you would expect, Kerry have selected a very strong side for Sunday's showdown with Tyrone. With the exception of Sheehan (for Lyne) and possibly O'Mahony (for Griffin), that would be Kerry's starting 15 for the championship. O'Donoghue, Curtin, Sheehan, Walsh, Maguire and O'Leary also give them options on the bench.

We've heard all spring that we should judge Kerry when they have their stars back, so it really will be a good test for a young Tyrone side.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi guys,

Tactical analysis of Kerry's win over Tyrone here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next