GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Division 2 NHL

+4
JimWexford
clash-of-da-ash
SamiPremier08
old98!
8 posters

Go down

Division 2 NHL winners

Division 2 NHL Tag1050%Division 2 NHL Tag10 50% 
[ 6 ]
Division 2 NHL Tag1050%Division 2 NHL Tag10 50% 
[ 6 ]
Division 2 NHL Tag100%Division 2 NHL Tag10 0% 
[ 0 ]
Division 2 NHL Tag100%Division 2 NHL Tag10 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Division 2 NHL Empty Division 2 NHL

Post  old98! Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:52 am

Should of been a simple final offaly against wexford but then antrim went and bet wexford but then dented there own hopes by drawing with westmeath i suppose that leaves offaly in the driving seat what do you guys think can offaly slip up and allow wexford back in before they play each other!! Or is it all over
old98!
old98!
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

wexford
Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Division 2 NHL Empty Re: Division 2 NHL

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:13 am

I like to think anything can still happen Old! a bit of faith goes a long way cheers
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 am

You would have to say Offaly especially after their performances last year against Waterford and Limerick. Sorry about Wexford Old, Just about beating Westmeath. affraid
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:31 am

Carlow beat Antrim so it looks like we will be playing Offaly 3 times over 4/5 weeks, last league match, league final 2/3 May and the first round of Leinster on the 30th May
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  old98! Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:37 am

good results for wexford all around today heard they were shocking against westmeath! couldnt make it was playin a game myself. i do think now wexford can use this as a spring board to these 3 games against offaly and wexford will love the underdogs tag
old98!
old98!
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Carlow could prove to be a tough nut going by there results plus the game is up there. Usually would expect a 10-15 point victory but in these times........ I don't think so.
Quigley’s injury a big blow as I honestly don't think we have anyone of the same caliber to replace him.
Still think it will all come down to the Offaly game though, and I think Offaly may have put Antrim out of the reckoning by then and our scoring average should see us home regardless.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  oy2009 Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:53 pm

Well lads, what do ye think now? Wexford would have to be the odds on for this one. Great score notched up yesterday and Offaly not very convincing at home to Antrim.

oy2009
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

ALL
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:00 pm

oy2009 wrote:Well lads, what do ye think now? Wexford would have to be the odds on for this one. Great score notched up yesterday and Offaly not very convincing at home to Antrim.

Against the men in the traffic light jersies!!!!!

Welcome aboard Biffo. Cowen or Enright for you???

I'm leaning towards the lovely Olwyn myself. I love you

But shure who wouldn't.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  old98! Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:22 am

Well lads ladies what is the feeling now bookies have it
wexford 4/6
offaly 11/8

i think offaly are an attractive price there wexford had a good win against them on home soil but i dont think that counts for much here i think there is more at stake here than in championship so neither team will give an inch?? eoin quigly is a serious loss for wexford as he showed by his preformance in the railway cup final? what do you think folks
old98!
old98!
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:32 am

Quigley and Farrell are both losses but quigley is a major blow.
Rossiter out as well.
Still think they'll do it as it's our realist chance of silverware this year.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat May 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Quinn: Division 2 final 'more meaningful'
Kilkenny Secretary Ned Quinn
01 May 2009

Kilkenny secretary Ned Quinn, who chaired the now defunct HDC, has suggested that there is more at stake in Sunday's NHL Division 2 final than in its Division 1 equivalent.

Quinn, who was involved in the drawing up of the structures for this year's National Hurling League, has defended the arrangements for Division 2 by saying this weekend's final between Wexford and Offaly will be 'more meaningful' than the Division 1 decider between his own county and Tipperary.

Wexford manager Colm Bonnar was especially critical of the NHL structure earlier this week when he highlighted the gulf in class that exists between the top and bottom teams in Division 2. He also hit out at the fact that only one team is promoted to Division 1, with the losers of Sunday's game left to toil in Division 2 for another season.

"The Division 2 final is far more meaningful than the Division 1 final," Quinn claimed.

"There is a problem with the leagues. There's more interest in the early rounds and, come the final, people lose that interest but Sunday is an important day for both counties."

Quinn argues that the rationalised divisional structure, reducing the top flight from two sections of six teams each to one eight-county division, made the league more competitive and provided a better standard in Division 2.

"It gave some teams a chance to measure themselves against counties from a stronger background and it was very competitive.

"It wasn't a runaway league. I perfectly understand where Wexford and Offaly are coming from, but that's the way it panned out for them last year.

"It had nothing to do with the counties involved because nobody knew who was going to go down and remember Offaly had already been relegated under the old system but were given a reprieve.

"The GAA is going around and around on this issue. I remember back in the 1980s a lot of counties were in Division 2 at various stages and it wasn't unusual for a team from Division 2 to reach the final back then."
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat May 02, 2009 3:05 pm

With Wexford missing the likes of Rossiter, Farrell, Stamp Im leaning towards Offaly in this one. Should be a much closer affair then the earlier encounter between these two below in Wexford Park at any rate.
Wexford minors should have the class to overcome the Dubs to-day though
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun May 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Dreadful game this. The biffo's just about won it but were certainly doing their best not to. Wexford stuck with another year now in the dungeons. Can they get revenge on the Faithful now in the championship? On to-days evidence, no.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun May 03, 2009 8:42 pm

didn't get to see it was it that bad saw some of the other game looked a feckin classic
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 04, 2009 5:24 pm

Offaly were poor and Wexford were even worse Jimbo. The Wexicans looked like they couldn't give a flying rats arse. Cant understand that attitude as surely another year in Div 2 is the last thing a county like Wexford needs??
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon May 04, 2009 7:12 pm

No we need to get out of division 2 but the reality is were not good enough few injuries and were shagged. Quigley is a serious blow (as too are the others)
As a team one of our problems is that we are too small
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue May 05, 2009 5:40 pm

JimWexford wrote:No we need to get out of division 2 but the reality is were not good enough few injuries and were shagged. Quigley is a serious blow (as too are the others)

Tell me about it. Galway have been too small for years.
Now it looks Tannions out for the year so one of the few big lads we have is gone No

Wexford were missing a few the last day, Farrel, Stamp, Quigley. Is Farrell out for the year Jimbo d'you know??
Looked like a serious hurler when I saw him play
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 05, 2009 6:56 pm

i remember Wexford beating Tipp in the championship a few years back, hopefully that spirit will come back soon.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed May 06, 2009 1:33 pm

mossbags wrote:
JimWexford wrote:No we need to get out of division 2 but the reality is were not good enough few injuries and were shagged. Quigley is a serious blow (as too are the others)

Tell me about it. Galway have been too small for years.
Now it looks Tannions out for the year so one of the few big lads we have is gone No

Wexford were missing a few the last day, Farrel, Stamp, Quigley. Is Farrell out for the year Jimbo d'you know??
Looked like a serious hurler when I saw him play

Broken leg so it's anyones guess.
Stamp is on the mend but we need to bulk up on a good note minors came through well against Dublin, so we'll see.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed May 06, 2009 1:39 pm

I heard Stamp got a lick on the back of the head ..... Embarassed
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed May 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I heard Stamp got a lick on the back of the head ..... Embarassed
You don't know how true that is woud safly say his always injured for the league but lazerus doesn't make as many recovery's go fiqure!!!!!!
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down