GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Division 1

+8
emmetryan
RMDrive
Gaa_lover
Boxtyeater
OMAR
bocerty
Parouisa
Thomas Clarke
12 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NFL Division 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: NFL Division 1

Post  bocerty Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Parouisa wrote:
RMDrive wrote: 200 or so Dublin fans that made the trip up. Truly Dublin have the best supporters in the country.

At least none of them spat at Karl Lacey

It's a good idea to make sure the one isn't in a glass house, before throwing arrogant, sanctimonious stones. Embarassed

TC slowly turning into the forum bully here, young SAMI has disappeared since feeling the wrath of his posts and now P has gone too.

We dont have that many TC and i would like to hold on to the ones we do...............
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:17 pm

bocerty wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
Parouisa wrote:
RMDrive wrote: 200 or so Dublin fans that made the trip up. Truly Dublin have the best supporters in the country.

It's a good idea to make sure the one isn't in a glass house, before throwing arrogant, sanctimonious stones. Embarassed

TC slowly turning into the forum bully here, young SAMI has disappeared since feeling the wrath of his posts and now P has gone too.

We dont have that many TC and i would like to hold on to the ones we do...............

Boc, if Parouisa wants to have a go at Tyrone for spitting (as he has done on more than one occasion recently), I'm more than entitled to point out that he should also look closer to home for trouble makers.

If that amounts to bullying a 40-something man, then we may as well all forget it.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Hello everyone and glad that ye are keeping the ship on the road. Not posting for a few months as I went through some health problems and even football was the least on my mind. Felling nearly there so the reason I am just popping in in is having spoken to a few Kerry lads who were in Omagh, thanks Tyrone boys for the reception they got over the weekend and the media tried to play up something between two sets of great supporters. Maybe Tyrone were too nice to us in the first half!. anyway see you soon PG. Very Happy
sorry lads 'ship on the road'?

Glad you are back in action RKF but seriously, lay off the juice ... Ship on the Road? Laughing
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:30 pm

In relation to the McBrearty biting allegation, here are the facts that I am aware of.
1. Paddy McBrearty has some sort of mark on his shoulder.
2. McBrearty and the Donegal camp are claiming that he received the mark when a Dublin player bit him during the game.
3. Donegal reported their claim to the ref at half time and his replacement at full time.
4. The ref has included the claims from Donegal in his match report. None of the offical saw any incident that could be linked to he mark on McBrearty's shoulder.
5. The mark on McBrearty's shoulder was shown to the Dublin medical staff after the game.
6. McBrearty received a stitch in the shoulder, a tetanus shot and a course of antibiotics.
7. The GAA is going to examine the claims by Donegal.
8. The DCB have denied that team management or officials were notified of the incident.

This has all the makings of something that would be very difficult for the GAA to take action over. No witnesses, not caught on camera. So I don't expect any GAA sanction on any player.

However to me this whole thing is fairly simple. There are 2 possibilities:
1: McBrearty made up the claim that he was bitten.
2: McBrearty was bitten.

I genuinely can't think of any reason why McBrearty would make it up; he has nothing to gain from it. So for me it's likely that he was bitten.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Hi guys,

Apologies in the delay in getting this up. Here's tactical analysis of Mayo's win in Cork where I liked a lot more about Cork than most.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 pm

RMDrive wrote:
This has all the makings of something that would be very difficult for the GAA to take action over. No witnesses, not caught on camera. So I don't expect any GAA sanction on any player.

• 2 high profiles counties
    Considerable media interest
    Doctors from both sides apparently agree the mark was a bite mark (supposedly photographed)
    Claim recorded in the referee's report
    Decent men in charge of the Dublin side

All of these things suggest to me that there will be a confession, an apology, a heavy ban and a removal from the Dublin panel.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:42 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
RMDrive wrote:

• 2 high profiles counties
    Considerable media interest
    Doctors from both sides apparently agree the mark was a bite mark (supposedly photographed)
    Claim recorded in the referee's report
    Decent men in charge of the Dublin side

All of these things suggest to me that there will be a confession, an apology, a heavy ban and a removal from the Dublin panel.

The statement from DCB that they were not informed and that it was a bruise not a bite, suggests to me that they are circling the wagons. I expect none of the things you have listed.

BTW I think the DL setup have managed this very well. Made a report to the ref, looked after the player, end of story.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:44 pm

A lot will depend on how far the media want to push it, RMD. We saw this with the 2 Down lads and the racist remarks to Aaron Cunningham.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:A lot will depend on how far the media want to push it, RMD. We saw this with the 2 Down lads and the racist remarks to Aaron Cunningham.

Bit of a difference with racism though. The Irish Times isn't even running the story. It'll all be forgotten about by Thursday, especially with the semi's coming up.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:04 pm

RMDrive wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:A lot will depend on how far the media want to push it, RMD. We saw this with the 2 Down lads and the racist remarks to Aaron Cunningham.

Bit of a difference with racism though. The Irish Times isn't even running the story. It'll all be forgotten about by Thursday, especially with the semi's coming up.

I have to say, I'd be pretty disgusted if you are right.

I'd also say that it would be a hell of a rallying call for the (currently) sluggish defending AI champions.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:17 pm

“Quarrel not at all. No man resolved to make the most of himself can spare time for personal contention. Still less can he afford to take all the consequences, including the vitiating of his temper and loss of self control. Yield larger things to which you can show no more than equal right; and yield lesser ones, though clearly your own. Better give your path to a dog than be bitten by him in contesting for the right. Even killing the dog would not cure the bite.”
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 pm

OMAR wrote:     
“Quarrel not at all. No man resolved to make the most of himself can spare time for personal contention. Still less can he afford to take all the consequences, including the vitiating of his temper and loss of self control. Yield larger things to which you can show no more than equal right; and yield lesser ones, though clearly your own. Better give your path to a dog than be bitten by him in contesting for the right. Even killing the dog would not cure the bite.”

If that was not about Patrick McBrearty, then it was the finest and most well-chosen post I've read on here.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:05 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
bocerty wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
Parouisa wrote:

Boc, if Parouisa wants to have a go at Tyrone for spitting (as he has done on more than one occasion recently), I'm more than entitled to point out that he should also look closer to home for trouble makers.

If that amounts to bullying a 40-something man, then we may as well all forget it.

since when had age anything to do with bullying?????

Your doing a man marking job here TC every post P makes your onto it. Had anyone else made the comment about Tyrone (which there is no denying happened so to try and almost justify it by claiming that Dubs are just as bad is a tad juvenile) i dont think you'd have been as quick to respond.

While P did make the comment about spitting i think its fair to say he in no way tried to make out that all Tyrone fans were as bad as the scumbag who did spit on Lacey. Also his comment on spitting came on the back of a sneaky dig you made about the 200 Dublin fans who were in Donegal, i know it was RMD made the comment but you were in there with your dig at the Dubs too, so is P not allowed to defend the Dubs the way you did Tyrone?????

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:47 am

Ah look Boc, there's plenty I'd like to say in return, but I'm not going to get into this with you.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:17 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Ah look Boc, there's plenty I'd like to say in return, but I'm not going to get into this with you.

not like you TC Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy only messing

personally it was getting a bit off putting coming on here knowing what was likely to unfold every day. I know the site is all about debate and a difference of opinions but it was getting too personal if you ask me and doing nothing to attract new members, or entice existing ones to get involved.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:34 am

bocerty wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:Ah look Boc, there's plenty I'd like to say in return, but I'm not going to get into this with you.

not like you TC Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy only messing

I had a 'Road to Damascas' moment, Boc, in the shape of the Angel Omar!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 am

lol! lol! lol!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:18 pm

bald eagle wrote:Great to have you back RKF.

I concur with the above, RKF is like the swallows, prone to disappearing at the end of Sept. Yer' middling again I hope RKF, at your age yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery and today is a bonus....

Keep safe, lots of action ahead..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery and today is a bonus....

Boxty unmasked...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:03 am

Hi guys,

Tactical preview of Tyrone vs Kildare now up [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:23 am

Hi guys,

Tactical preview of Dublin vs Mayo now up [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks,
Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:52 am

Tyrone team to play Kildare

1 Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc
2 PJ Quinn Baile na Móna
3 Conor Clarke An Omaigh
4 Cathal McCarron An Droim Mór
5 Dermot Carlin Coill an Chlochair
6 Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac
7 Conor Gormley An Charraig Mhór
8 Colm Cavanagh An Mhaigh
9 Sean Cavanagh An Mhaigh
10 Joe McMahon An Omaigh
11 Peter Harte Aireagal Chiaráin
12 Mark Donnelly An Charraig Mhór
13 Martin Penrose An Charraig Mhór
14 Stephen O’Neill Clann na nGael
15 Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc

some big changes there, Mickey trying to give a few guys some meaningful game time, PJ Quinn getting his first taste of action Carlin back after a long absence and a few positional changes.

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 am

smart money would be on Kildare at this stage i think.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:52 pm

bocerty wrote:smart money would be on Kildare at this stage i think.

Agreed. Kildare seem to have picked a stronger side than we have, especially when you consider that Carlin, Quinn and Mattie Donnelly are all returning from injury in the defence.

I'm pleased to see PJ and Carlin back, though, as McCrory and McCarron need competition for their places in the corner. McCrory has been particularly disappointing this year.

Id've liked to have seen Cassidy get a run instead of Colm Cavanagh at midfield. Colm is a decent lad who gives his all, and although he has had some very good games, he has often been found wanting against the very best sides.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:21 pm

the reality is TC (much and all as we might not like to admit it) we are no more than an average side. Sunday past showed the young guys just dont cut it at this level. When Gormley O'Neill and Cavanagh hand up the boots we are stuffed simple as.

Peter Harte, Ronan O'Neill etc are not on the same level as some of the other youngsters coming through at other counties. Harte in particular is a real enigma, burst on to the scene as the next big thing and has flattered to deceive since. Interestingly enough there are those in Tyrone who think these guys biggest problem is that they grew up in an era of unprecedented success and have got to the point were they take if for granted that its going to continue, they have yet to realise that there is an awful lot of work required to get to that level and even more required to stay there.

The future is bleak i think. Mickey himself quite often frustrates me, he stood back and watched Tomas O'Se run and run and then run more at us on Sunday and he was wreaking havoc in his path and did nothing for long enough to stop it. His direct marker McNeice was trying to do some sort of a job in front of the full back line but was getting nowhere there either.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next