GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurling League general chit chat thread

+13
Loyal2TheRoyal
bald eagle
Boxtyeater
clash-of-da-ash
patrique
bocerty
mullins
SamiPremier08
KerryKatriona
Real Kerry Fan
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
mossbags
17 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Hurling League general chit chat thread

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Just home from the match and I have to say that second half was one of the worst displays by a Galway team I have ever seen. They couldn't even win their own puckout, only for the backs , Tony og and Kavanagh in particular, the score would have been far worse.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Hurling League general chit chat thread

Post  mossbags Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:35 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Just home from the match and I have to say that second half was one of the worst displays by a Galway team I have ever seen. They couldn't even win their own puckout, only for the backs , Tony og and Kavanagh in particular, the score would have been far worse.

We didn't score for 25 mins against Waterford and now just get one in 35 mins against Tipp. A total joke this, even for March. Tipp did have a very strong side out but was expecting more off our lads. How did Davy Collins play Clash?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:41 pm

mossbags wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:Just home from the match and I have to say that second half was one of the worst displays by a Galway team I have ever seen. They couldn't even win their own puckout, only for the backs , Tony og and Kavanagh in particular, the score would have been far worse.

We didn't score for 25 mins against Waterford and now just get one in 35 mins against Tipp. A total joke this, even for March. Tipp did have a very strong side out but was expecting more off our lads. How did Davy Collins play Clash?

Played well but he should be played on the left wing. They got away with it against Waterford when they didn't score for 25 mins but not this time. I suppose better off losing a game at this time of the year rather than in June.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:52 pm

Yeah its not panic stations yet, with the likes of the Portumna lads, John Lee, Cullinane, Donovan all to come back. shur Tipp lost by about 30 points to KK last year and then came to within a whisker of an All-Ireland.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:09 pm

mossbags wrote:Yeah its not panic stations yet, with the likes of the Portumna lads, John Lee, Cullinane, Donovan all to come back. shur Tipp lost by about 30 points to KK last year and then came to within a whisker of an All-Ireland.

John Lee played about 5 mins today and Donovan was listed in the subs, don't know when Cullinane will be back. Definately need to look at the half forward line, not winning enough ball this was where the game was lost. If Tong og stays playing the way he is playing there are no guarantees Lee will get his place back at centre half back.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Between the footballers and hurlers Galway went huge periods without scoring there today.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:56 pm

Galway beat a spirited Biffo side in Pearse yesterday with Ger Farragher putting in as classy a performance in a game of hurling as you'll see. He clearly loves playing at midfield.
Elsewhere Wexford hurling continues its freefall. In the space of the last year they've been beaten by Carlow, Antrim and in the championship by Dublin. They'd have been better off beating Offaly in the division two play off than in the championship last year I'd say.

NHL Division 1
Dublin 0-23 Kilkenny 2-21
Limerick 0-8 Tipperary 2-12
Waterford 2-20 Cork 3-17

NHL Division 2
Antrim 1-9 Clare 0-13
Carlow 0-16 Wexford 0-13
Laois 4-14 Westmeath 0-13

NHL Division 3a
Derry 1-12 Armagh 3-11
London 0-17 Kerry 2-19
Meath 2-18 Mayo 1-12

NHL Division 3b
Donegal 0-9 Wicklow 3-16
Roscommon 1-17 Fingal 0-10
Tyrone 0-9 Louth 0-18

NHL Division 4
Cavan 0-10 Monaghan 1-18
Longford 3-20 Leitrim 1-9
South Down 2-21 Fermanagh 2-18
Saturday 20 March

NHL Division 1
Galway 1-22 Offaly 1-18

NHL Division 2
Kildare 1-15 Down 2-16
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Eoin Kelly scored 1-17 today for Waterford. I don't think I've ever heard of a player getting 18 scores at intercounty level. Fair play to him.

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:09 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:Eoin Kelly scored 1-17 today for Waterford. I don't think I've ever heard of a player getting 18 scores at intercounty level. Fair play to him.

Did he score that much?, Christ! His fist must be in bits from punching the air and grabbing his jersey so much, poor mucker.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:12 pm

mossbags wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:Eoin Kelly scored 1-17 today for Waterford. I don't think I've ever heard of a player getting 18 scores at intercounty level. Fair play to him.

Did he score that much?, Christ! His fist must be in bits from punching the air and grabbing his jersey so much, poor mucker.

My apologies it was 1-16! And tbh if Meath had a player as good as he is I wouldn't care what way he was celebrating!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:48 pm

KK v Galway, I was looking at deferred coverage there, a frantic
encounter mixing physical hits and great scores. Tannion's performance
was a particular highlight, a typical old school full forward.

Is the Galway 'keeper alright?

And
how the hell can the KK county board for a new fully seated, covered
stand that will rarely be full? (looks really good though)

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:09 pm

an interesting set of results this week, good to see Limerick have picked themselves up a bit after last week to compete against Offaly. Dublin put up a brave show over Cork but Cork look nailed on to win the league this year. It's odd to see Kilkenny losing as many games recently, no doubt they'll be back in force for the championship.

Would have liked to see Tipp beat Waterford as we now need Galway to lose to be with a chance of the final. Galway face Dublin next week and Cork after that - would tip them against Dublin but maybe not Cork.

Tipp should pick up the points against Offaly, but a crucial game against Cork comes before that.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Good win today, put us in with a real chance of making the league final now with two home games against Dublin and Cork to come. KK were still off the pace but this was still the best side they've fielded yet this year. Farragher again was brilliant and Donnellan was superb in the first half. KK neutralised our attackers after the break until Mcyntire brought in Hynes and Tannion who the cats had no answer to in the corner. His 2nd goal was a thing of beauty and created from another sub, Ritchy Cummins. Seeing the squad develop and the sideline making the right changes at the right times is worth as much as the win today and with most of the Port boys due back this week there is certainly cause to be reasonably optimistic with how the league is progressing. Was delighted as well the way the lkes of Harte, Ryan and Barry stood up to the challenge today.
Was delighted the ref didn't shirk the issue and gave the KK lad a straight red for what was a cynical and systematic foul on Hynes. Would that more refs would have the guts to lay down the law with regards to certain Kilkenny 'tactics'. No word yet on Skehill, looked like he was knocked clean cold from what was an innocuos enough challenge, Callinan is the better option between the posts, makes less mistakes like the one that gifted Reid his goal and made a world class Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Icon_wink match winning save at the death.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:10 am

Just noticed, as i've been away for a few days, that the Ulster team that plays in the Leinster Championship lost to the Leinster team that isn't allowed to play in the Leinster Championship!! Now that's irony!!! Hopefully Westmeath hurling is on the way back to what it was!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:35 pm

bald eagle wrote: Now that's irony!

Hows this for irony, the worst team in Ulster football would walk all over the best from Leinster,
Irony backed up by truth Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Icon_wink
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 pm

mossbags wrote:Hows this for irony, the worst team in Ulster football would walk all over the best from Leinster,
Irony backed up by truth Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Icon_wink

I'm confused - does this mean Antrim footballers would beat Kilkenny? I love having Galway in Leinster - its part of what we are .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:03 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mossbags wrote:Hows this for irony, the worst team in Ulster football would walk all over the best from Leinster,

I'm confused - does this mean Antrim footballers would beat Kilkenny? I love having Galway in Leinster - its part of what we are .....

Thats kinda ironic in its own way Jayo
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:10 am

Tis tis tis. The geography was bet into me in school ... and the GAA ... and the history ... ah the Christian Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Affraid Bros - but I never encountered Galway in Leinster ... Not irony though ... Westmeath provinceless ... irony .. GAA - the keepers of tradition .. delicious irony ... Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Icon_bounce
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:14 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Tis tis tis. The geography was bet into me in school ... and the GAA ... and the history ... ah the Christian Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Affraid Bros - but I never encountered Galway in Leinster ... Not irony though ... Westmeath provinceless ... irony .. GAA - the keepers of tradition .. delicious irony ... Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Icon_bounce

..cannot...quite....find...enuff...of....these......type.....of....things....to....form.......an.....adequate.......responce......,here Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Herz
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Well looks like the league final will be between Galway and Cork. They will have to play each other twice in a row.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:54 am

Gutted, just gutted that Derry blew it against Kerry in the Div 3 Final. The Derry management and players will be kicking themselves for letting Kerry back into the game and missing 2 penalties in the game.

Looks like we'll only have to make do with an Ulster Championship this year!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:04 am

bald eagle wrote:Gutted, just gutted that Derry blew it against Kerry in the Div 3 Final. The Derry management and players will be kicking themselves for letting Kerry back into the game and missing 2 penalties in the game.

came very close in Ulster last year, it could easily happen
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:45 pm

bald eagle wrote:Gutted, just gutted that Derry blew it against Kerry in the Div 3 Final. The Derry management and players will be kicking themselves for letting Kerry back into the game and missing 2 penalties in the game.

Great victory for the Kingdom. Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Icon_cheers Derry did not miss two penalties, both were saved. Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Icon_cyclops Kerry for Liam in 2014. Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Icon_basketball
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:

Great victory for the Kingdom. Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Icon_cheers Derry did not miss two penalties, both were saved. Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Icon_cyclops Kerry for Liam in 2014. Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 4 Icon_basketball

They didn't score therefore the penalty taker missed!!!!!!! Just give me that!!!!! Fair play to Kerry, i was surprised that we stayed so close to them for so long as they are a far better team than us!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:45 pm

bald eagle wrote:
They didn't score therefore the penalty taker missed!!!!!!! Just give me that!!!!! Fair play to Kerry, i was surprised that we stayed so close to them for so long as they are a far better team than us!!!

surely less embarrassing to have a penalty saved than miss the target all together BE?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next