GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread!

+10
Boxtyeater
6inarow
RMDrive
rich dublin
Jayo Cluxton
black&white
Swinford2009
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
mossbags
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will Galway bate Mayo???

Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread! Tag1043%Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread! Tag10 43% 
[ 6 ]
Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread! Tag1043%Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread! Tag10 43% 
[ 6 ]
Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread! Tag1014%Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread! Tag10 14% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread! Empty Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread!

Post  mossbags Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:29 pm

With Ulster and Leinster football in the doldrums and Munster not far behind it has once again been left to the glory that is Connacht football to breath some life into the footballing world and this years final between Galway and Mayo promises to be as epic as ever. The native counties of Connacht have all won this great championship in the last 15 years, proof if ever it was needed that Connacht is the benchmark for football in regards to Quality, Competitivity, Passion and Spirit and no doubt our brothers and sisters from the other three provinces and beyond will be eagerly tuning in to events at Pearse Stadium in 3 weeks time to witness football the way it should be played.
Unfortunatly for them it may be a little one-sided this year as Galway are expeced to coast home following their last gasp victory over Sligo in the game of the year so far, and against their vastly inferior neighbours who ran out winners in a freak match against lowly Roscommon although perhaps some Mayo posters(if theres any left!) might feel otherwise? Is young Aiden O Shea the missing link for Mayo?? Can O Mahoney do it at last for the green and reds who havn't been embarrassed in an all-Ireland final going on 3 whole years now.
To get the rumour milll off the ground, word is that Nicky Joyce will swallow his pride and do right by Killererin although if this proves to be enough for Liam Sammon in advance of Salthill remains to be seen.

Last edited by mossbags on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a poll)
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread! Empty Re: Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread!

Post  JimWexford Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:54 pm

mossbags wrote:With Ulster and Leinster football in the doldrums and Munster not far behind it has once again been left to the glory that is Connacht football to breath some life into the footballing world and this years final between Galway and Mayo promises to be as epic as ever. The native counties of Connacht have all won this great championship in the last 15 years, proof if ever it was needed that Connacht is the benchmark for football in regards to Quality, Competitivity, Passion and Spirit and no doubt our brothers and sisters from the other three provinces and beyond will be eagerly tuning in to events at Pearse Stadium in 3 weeks time to witness football the way it should be played.
Unfortunatly for them it may be a little one-sided this year as Galway are expeced to coast home following their last gasp victory over Sligo in the game of the year so far, and against their vastly inferior neighbours who ran out winners in a freak match against lowly Roscommon although perhaps some Mayo posters(if theres any left!) might feel otherwise? alien Is young Aiden O Shea the missing link alien for Mayo?? Can O Mahoney do it at last for the green and reds who havn't been embarrassed in an all-Ireland final going on 3 whole years now.
To get the rumour milll off the ground, word is that Nicky Joyce will swallow his pride and do right by Killererin although if this proves to be enough for Liam Sammon in advance of Salthill remains to be seen.

The rest of us may be in the doldrums but at least we have evolved this side of the shannon we don't need to refer to the missing link anymore.
i heard he was good but now your wanting the boys in white coats to examine him. Anything to win eh moss
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread! Empty Re: Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread!

Post  mossbags Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Was wonderin if that would be picked up on Jimbo Twisted Evil
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Will Galway bate Mayo? Not if they have Willie Joe they haven't a hope of baiten Mayo! Bailin , bailin . hay hay.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:31 pm

mossbags...you have got to be kidding in believing that Galway are expected to hammer Mayo. Mayo are the form team going into the game. Galway beat London by a small margin(considering the opposition) and were lucky to get out of Sligo with even a draw,let alone a win whereas Mayo showed no mercy against Roscommon and hit 3-18, almost as much as Galway have in two games!!

that match will be far from one sided in galway's favour,even the Galway manager admitted that MGalway have not got a hope against Mayo if they continue to play the way they have been!

As for Aidan O'Shea: he could very well be the missing link but only time will tell. if the Galway full-back line play like they have done all season then O'Shea may get the chance to show his full potential against another top 8 team.

Mayo to win the final by at least 3 points
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:21 pm

This game is about more than just football, its a clash of cultures, indeed a clash of civilizations. On the one hand you have Galway the sophisticated urbanites surrounded by some of the most beautiful and breath-taking landscape on this planet from the ancient majesty of Inis Oirr all the way to the picturesque town of Ballinasloe which is famous for being the birth place of Marengo, the stallion on which Napoleon rode into battle, not to mention the town where he bought most of the calvary that conquered Europe.
And on the other hand you have Mayo, a marauding barbarian-esque, turf munching hillbilly region populated mostly by gap toothed, slack-jawed rednecks from the bog. Oh and it smells too.

I sense from my neighbours that they really 'need' this win, that a loss here would put 3 years of effort and graft down the tubes and I wish them well. Alas, though Galways need for yet another Connacht championship is miniscule in comparison my fear is that they will show no mercy whatsoever to the Mayo hordes and I fear a complete capitulation, the likes we havn't seen since Napoleon rode into Austerlitz, might be on the cards in Salthill
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Kiaran Macdonald,true story

Kieron McDonald phones
John O Mahony and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a
killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get it started."
JOM asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?" KM says,
"According to the picture on the box, it's a tiger."
JOM arrives and
sees where KM has the puzzle spread all over the table. He studies the
pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to him and says:
- "First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to
assemble these pieces into anything resembling a tiger." He holds
McDonald by the shoulders and says,
Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and
then....." he sighed,
"let's put all these Frosties back in''.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:58 pm

I think Mayo will show Galway up in this match, I have said for ages Galway are over hyped and Sunday proved me right, if Mayo can tie up Armstrong and Meehan and nullify any attack by Joyce they should win.

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Its clear Niamh that your beginning to idle a bit at the top of the tipster comp going round making wild predictions like this or maybe your overcome by hubris with your success so far! No
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:25 pm

mossbags wrote:Its clear Niamh that your beginning to idle a bit at the top of the tipster comp going round making wild predictions like this or maybe your overcome by hubris with your success so far! No

Just saying what I see mossy! Wink I'd prefer Galway to win but...

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:28 pm

''Just saying what I see mossy!''

Have you tried spec-savers yet Oaksey?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Get that wasp off my sandwich, hey!...balin bailin hay hay......
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:54 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Get that wasp off my sandwich, hey!...balin bailin hay hay......

Don't climb up on the trailer...........
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:17 pm

You could write a book about the Galway hurling board. Quare shenanigans going on.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:You could write a book about the Galway hurling board. Quare shenanigans going on.

we have that problem down here in the not so sunny south east in regard to football.
But focus say I love boss hogg and back to the thread,
Mayo to bate Galway in a "THILLER". Galway will be so "BAD" that even a "SMOOTH CRINIMAL" like N Joyce after his dissent wont be able so save them.
Sorry all wacked out after those 3.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:38 pm

A Galway bloke is having a noisy drink in a bar, leans over to the big
guy next to him and says: "Do you wanna hear a Mayo joke?"

The big guy replies: "Well, before you tell that joke, you should know
something. I'm from Castlebar, six feet tall, 15 stone and I played as a
full forward for them since I was twelve. The guy sitting next to me is
6"2",weighs 16 stone and he's an ex full back for Crossmolina. Next to him is a
bloke who's 6"5", weighs 17 stone and he's a current midfielder for Belmullet. Now, do
you still want to tell that Mayo joke?"

The Galway boy sips his pint and replies: "Nah, not if I'm going to have to explain it three fcuking times."
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:25 pm

mossbags wrote:A Galway bloke is having a noisy drink in a bar,

God Moss - I hate them noisy drinks. You go in for a quiet pint and next thing its singing and shouting in your ear. Shocked

ps Don't go through the whole 'Blonde Joke Book' substituting Mayo people ..... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:51 pm

In a portent of things to come in Salthill in two weeks time the Galway ladies sauntered past Mayo today to win the Connacht championship up in Charlestown and are currently on course back to Galway to bask in this glorious achievement.
I just hope their own sake that the skeff has its best cocktail barman on!
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:46 pm

McGarrity a big doubt for final

Galway v Mayo, Connacht Final 2009, Toughts,rumours, speculation,predictions, general slagging thread! Ronanmcgarrity
Mayo's Ronan McGarrity
06 July 2009

Mayo
midfielder Ronan McGarrity looks set to miss Sunday week's Connacht SFC
final against Galway after suffering a suspected broken jaw in a club
game.

McGarrity sustained the injury in Ballina's 0-5 to 0-11
loss to arch-rivals Crossmolina in the Mayo SFC yesterday. The game
also saw a player from each side sent off, but nobody was punished for
the incident involving McGarrity.

If McGarrity's jaw turns out
to be broken, he will a serious loss to Mayo in their bid to wrestle
back the Nestor Cup from Galway.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:14 pm

A pity the looming liquidation of Mayo football on Sunday week has led to the complete meltown of the once loudest and most elequant bunch of supporters who posted on here. The Mayo contingent have stolen a march on their team by running fast and scared in the heat of championship battle. Not surprising really but kinda sad nonetheless.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:39 pm

I fancy Mayo here - Galway terribly over rated - like their hurlers ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:44 pm

some superb analysis there from the Jackeen Rolling Eyes
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:45 pm

mossbags wrote:some superb analysis there from the Jackeen Rolling Eyes

Galway flatter to deceive, Mayo believe. Better?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:46 pm

Break it down there Jayo
Why are you going for Mayo?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:47 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I fancy Mayo here - Galway terribly over rated - like their hurlers ....

Just because ye got to within 6 points of them!!!!!!!!!
Mr Cluxton sir may I point out that Galway are now part of us in Leinster that if they win will that mean two teams from Leinster will have won provinical honours in football at the senior grade in the same year.
Can i ask the question has any other province attained this feat since the organisation of the calender year (Ie when the got off there asses and decided to play the championship in one year rather than 2/3 back 100 odd years ago).

so now this year the role of honour could read in senior football
Leinster 2
Ulster 1
Munster 1

Could that put Leinster back on top again??????????
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next