GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurling League general chit chat thread

+13
Loyal2TheRoyal
bald eagle
Boxtyeater
clash-of-da-ash
patrique
bocerty
mullins
SamiPremier08
KerryKatriona
Real Kerry Fan
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
mossbags
17 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hurling League general chit chat thread Empty Hurling League general chit chat thread

Post  mossbags Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 pm

Limerick 1-11 Galway 1-18

Galway got away with it really in Kilmallock. Justin had the Limerick lads primed a lot more than anyone expected, least of all Galway who seemed to think all they had to do was show up. The subs Moore and Tannion in particular made the difference for Galway. Galways next game against Waterford likely to tell us a lot more. Superb display by this makeshift Limerick team. Weather they can maintain this effort away from the confines of the Kilmallock swamp is a different. Their problems off the pitch are still manifest.

Cork 1-22 Offaly 1-11

No great surprise. Satisfying start for Cork who are the shrewd bet to be the ones to topple KK this year. Micheal Cussen has declared himself exclusively for the hurlers, came on today and scored a goal I believe. Limericks woe's may be Offalys salvation in this division but they will feel they can improve on todays performance esecially on their home turf.

Waterford 4-13 Dublin 0-12

Mcrabbes injury is the real talking point here. Taken away in an ambulance, we can only hope its not as serious as it looked. As for the score Dublin will be disappointed but the Mcrabbe injury aside Im not sure Daly will be too bothered, they needed to consolidate their league progress last year which they did, this year is all about the championship.
Waterford put in a decent performance and a good run in the league bringing in some new faces would be a great boost for them going into Munster.

Div 2
Wins as expected for Wexford and Clare. Antrim beat Carlow in Casemond by a point costing me a few squids. Any reports from the Antrim/Wexico lads?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Hurling League general chit chat thread Empty Re: Hurling League general chit chat thread

Post  mossbags Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Correction, Aisake got langers goal although Cussen did come on and score a point.
Full round up of results
National Hurling League

Allianz NHL Division 1
Cork 1-22 Offaly 1-11
Limerick 1-11 Galway 1-18
Waterford 4-13 Dublin 0-12

Allianz NHL Division 2
Antrim 1-11 Carlow 2-7
Clare 2-20 Down 0-6
Laois v Kildare - postponed
Westmeath 0-14 Wexford 1-20

NHL Division 3a
Armagh v Mayo - postponed
Derry 1-9 Kerry 3-13
London 1-14 Meath 2-16

NHL Division 3b
Fingal v Wicklow - postponed
Louth 2-11 Sligo 0-11
Tyrone 0-11 Donegal 2-13

NHL Division 4
Cavan 1-17 Leitrim 3-4
Longford v Down South - postponed
Monaghan v Fermanagh - postponed

mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Hurling League general chit chat thread Empty Re: Hurling League general chit chat thread

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:12 pm

I didn't get to go to the Westmeath game but losing by 9 points to the second best team in the league is fairly promising for us after a poor campaign last summer.

On another note, I found it very difficult to distinguish The Waterford and Dublin players on the TV Anyone else find it that way?

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Sebastian wrote:I didn't get to go to the Westmeath game but losing by 9 points to the second best team in the league is fairly promising for us after a poor campaign last summer.

On another note, I found it very difficult to distinguish The Waterford and Dublin players on the TV Anyone else find it that way?

Dublins light blue jerseys seem to be getting lighter ever year. Wadderfurds new jersey is quite stylish it must be said.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Another great win for the Donegal hurlers. I'm sure it's all down to the influence that KK have had via the GPA's programme Hurling League general chit chat thread Icon_rolleyes
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Very disappointed with the result from Waterford today. They had a lot of new faces and gave us a pasting. I think Daly will want a good league showing before the C'ship and this is not the start they needed. Hopefully McCrabbe will be ok.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:51 pm

The result of the day has to be Kerry going up to Derry and winning by 10 pts. Now as we only practice with dusters sure the sliother is a dawdle after that. Just a tip to the other struggling counties. Hurling League general chit chat thread Icon_cool
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:28 pm

Don't get too carried away Real Kerry Man. Ulster teams do not play hurley. They have only recently taken up football.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Liz Hurley?

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Mcrabbes injury is not serious thankfully, just some bruising on the shins and he may even play against Tipp next week. Why he had to be taken away in an ambulance for that God only knows, must be a bit soft.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:19 pm

mossbags wrote:Why he had to be taken away in an ambulance for that God only knows, must be a bit soft.

I would love to be as tough as you Moss. You have always struck me as the type of bloke who would barrel down the pitch on a solo run with fellas and hurls breaking off ya .......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mossbags wrote:Why he had to be taken away in an ambulance for that God only knows, must be a bit soft.

I would love to be as tough as you Moss. You have always struck me as the type of bloke who would barrel down the pitch on a solo run with fellas and hurls breaking off ya .......

I'd be from the Linskey/Linnane school of hurling Jayo so your perception is fairly spot on there. I'd be worried for the Dublin hurlers if that's the way their carrying on, bad enough their footballers have gone soft. Im sure Mr Daly won't be too impressed
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:28 pm

mossbags wrote:I'd be from the Linskey/Linnane school of hurling Jayo so your perception is fairly spot on there. I'd be worried for the Dublin hurlers if that's the way their carrying on, bad enough their footballers have gone soft. Im sure Mr Daly won't be too impressed

Yes we need that bit of Galway steel that your footballers especially are renowned for! And we could take a leaf out of the hurlers book too and learn how to win an All Ireland like they last did ..... in 1988.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mossbags wrote:I'd be from the Linskey/Linnane school of hurling Jayo so your perception is fairly spot on there. I'd be worried for the Dublin hurlers if that's the way their carrying on, bad enough their footballers have gone soft. Im sure Mr Daly won't be too impressed

Yes we need that bit of Galway steel that your footballers especially are renowned for! And we could take a leaf out of the hurlers book too and learn how to win an All Ireland like they last did ..... in 1988.

Lame, you've lost that loving feeling Jayo

Getting back to the hurling, Tipp were backed off the boards before Saturdays postponed game,(no doubt thanks to me tipping them up on the betting thread Hurling League general chit chat thread Icon_razz ) with KK available at fairly generous odds particularly on the exchanges. Will be interesting to see how this develops tomorrow night. Tipps team unchanged

Tipperary (NHL v Kilkenny) - Brendan Cummins,
Conor O'Brien, Paul Curran, Brendan Maher, Declan Fanning, Padraic
Maher, Shane Maher, Benny Dunne, Shane McGrath, Seamus Hennessy, Seamus
Callanan, Hugh Maloney, Eoin Kelly, Micheál Webster, Noel McGrath.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Will any more from Clare class of 1994-97 make it into Intercounty management?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Sebastian wrote:Will any more from Clare class of 1994-97 make it into Intercounty management?

I'd say a few of them who are still involved would only manage Clare and wouldn't be interested in managing other counties. I was just thinking about that team and thinking that the likes of Brian Lohan - a great player - strikes me as the type of player who would not be interesting in managing - the type of player who always let their play do the talking. Similarly Francie Bellew, Mick Lyons ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Sebastian wrote:Will any more from Clare class of 1994-97 make it into Intercounty management?

I know Ollie Bakers done a bit of coaching and was part of the previous backroom team in Clare. Davy, Daly, Sparrow, Toughy, some list in fairness. If Davy can keep Waterford going for another couple of years or so it will be a major achievement. Apparantly the new crop coming through in the sunny south East have the potential to be even better than the ageing current team and if Davy can oversee a seamless transition and keep Waterford competitive at the top tier(which he hasn't been making a bad job of so far) it will be a serious kick up the hole for the many doubters of the great man.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Tipp will are going into the game with more to prove than Kilkenny, and with this strong line-up they might just be able to grab a result. A shame about the absence of Corbett and Woodlock though - but good to see Benny Dunne starting in midfield.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Every team this country goes into a game with Kilkenny with more to prove because Kilkenny have nothing to prove to nobody.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Very dissapointed after making the long trek to Waterford as a bandwagoner fan to see such a poor Dublin performance against a Waterford team missing a few of their first team just never got to the pace of the game-lets hope its just because their in the middle of heavy training programme.They just never got to the pace of the game

As for Waterford i was very impressed with their full back Liam Lawlor -Moran Maurice Shanahan and team captain Stephen Molumphy these players done the damage for the full 70 mins

As for shane drop the hurley and come back to the footballers

I've being saying for a while now that if Dublin stayed in Div 1 hurling it would be a great acheivement now were in a dog fight to survive.

Hurling League general chit chat thread Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:33 pm

if dublin stay in division one it be a great achievement and we take anything else after that

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:07 pm

mullins wrote:Very dissapointed after making the long trek to Waterford as a bandwagoner fan to see such a poor Dublin performance against a Waterford team missing a few of their first team just never got to the pace of the game-lets hope its just because their in the middle of heavy training programme.They just never got to the pace of the game

As for Waterford i was very impressed with their full back Liam Lawlor -Moran Maurice Shanahan and team captain Stephen Molumphy these players done the damage for the full 70 mins

I've being saying for a while now that if Dublin stayed in Div 1 hurling it would be a great acheivement now were in a dog fight to survive.

Shanahan is a great player, were John Mullane and Eoin Kelly playing for Waterford?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:08 pm

any word on McCrabbe's injury
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:16 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
mullins wrote:Very dissapointed after making the long trek to Waterford as a bandwagoner fan to see such a poor Dublin performance against a Waterford team missing a few of their first team just never got to the pace of the game-lets hope its just because their in the middle of heavy training programme.They just never got to the pace of the game

Shanahan is a great player, were John Mullane and Eoin Kelly playing for Waterford?

It was the younger brother shanahan maurice- mullane and kelly didn't play waterford were very strong they will be a big threat to tipp this year

bocerty alan will be out for a couple of weeks not as bad as first thought thankgod
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:36 pm

bocerty wrote:any word on McCrabbe's injury

Injury me hole. He lay prostate on the floor, held up the game for ten minutes balling his eyes out waiting for an ambulance to come and it turns out he had a bruise on his shin. Ladyboy par excellence, I get worse injuries getting out of bed in the morning but I just get on with it.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next