GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier League 09/10 official thread

+3
Jayo Cluxton
6inarow
GAA-Fan
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Premier League 09/10 official thread Empty Premier League 09/10 official thread

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Shocked Holy ****, what about Burnley!!

Spurs are off to a sensational start, top of the table if I'm not mistaken? 5-1 away from home is some score.

Back to top Go down

Premier League 09/10 official thread Empty Re: Premier League 09/10 official thread

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Yeah I see the 'Pool won. ManU mustn't be any good. Arshavin will lead Arsenal to the Premiership in 2010 I think.

Back to top Go down

Premier League 09/10 official thread Empty Re: Premier League 09/10 official thread

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:13 pm

I havent got a single man united player wahoo! Almost picked Torres - wish I did now, none of my forwards have scored Evil or Very Mad
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:43 pm

Wolves are up and running too with last night's victory, for anyone interested Andy Keogh was immense according to all reports over here, which is good news for us and good news for Ireland.

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a difference a few hours makes!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:29 am

6inarow wrote:Wolves are up and running too with last night's victory, for anyone interested Andy Keogh was immense according to all reports over here, which is good news for us and good news for Ireland.

Aye and he hit the post just before the goal! But can you stop them eejits calling him Key-Ho - its KYO!!!! We put up with it for Kevin More Ran - but no more I say! Evil or Very Mad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:13 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
6inarow wrote:Wolves are up and running too with last night's victory, for anyone interested Andy Keogh was immense according to all reports over here, which is good news for us and good news for Ireland.

Aye and he hit the post just before the goal! But can you stop them eejits calling him Key-Ho - its KYO!!!! We put up with it for Kevin More Ran - but no more I say! Evil or Very Mad

While we're at it my Gran is forever giving out about John Motson pronouncing Tim Cahill's surname Cay-hill instead of Ca-hill!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Liverpool have blown any chance of winning the league at this stage, I think it will be Chelsea this years, and Spurs will be top 4. Liverpool were dreadful tonight, Lucas is a tube and reinforced my opinion of him tonight after his own goal. Last year they lost 2/38 games, this year they have lost 2/3 even Burnley **** above them in the table. Villa and Spurs are mid table teams who Liverpool should have beaten. They need more depth in defence Carragher is a liability and Stevie G cant do it on his on in the middle, Torres is very hit and miss this last while. Not looking forward to meeting Man U Chelsea or Arsenal.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Liverpool already equalling last year defeats total! Shocked
Strange start to the year, only real contender to have got off flying is Chelsea and I reckon it's theirs, as I did before the season. Hard team to break down and have a habit of grinding out wins in tight games, even if Villa went 2-0 up against them they'd probably win. Arsenal are flying already but still don't think they've enough strength and experience in the team to mount a proper challenge for the full season, Wenger needs to really splash the cash to win another league which he won't do. Winning 4 leagues in a row is of course a huge task and Utd look very lightweight in the middle with Hargreaves still out. Rooney will have a great year and relish being the main man again, and I reckon Owen will get his fair share of goals along with Berbatov improving, but the centre is weak. Hope I'm wrong but it will be tough to match Chelsea. Liverpool threw away any chance of winning the league when they sold Alonso I reckon, massive loss and noone is there to replace him. Had to laugh when Rafa said Lucas would be his replacement! Spurs and City are improving teams and be the main challengers to the top 4 but nothing more.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:24 pm

I think Chelsea have it in the bag to be honest, only thing is they seem to let their guard down on the Premier league a lot when Champions league starts up. Spurs won't maintain this form for too long I wouldn't think, Johnson is a great asset for Liverpool, I HATE Lucas, they would do better with ten men than have that tube on. Alonso is sorely missed, however had he stayed he would have had a negative impact as he didnt want to be there if you know what I mean. The owners need to give Rafa more money, £2million is frig all to spend when contenders like city are spending so much. Rafa should never have sold Keane.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:31 pm

The owners have no money. club is crippled with debt. If Liverpool fail to make top4 and miss champions league it could be horrific. Torres would be sold and with that any chance of ever getting a sniff of league titles or cl football.
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:35 pm

Johnson is a good enough buy for Liverpool(bit overpriced though but that's what you pay for English players these days), but he offers more in offence than defence imo, good attacking full-back but not the best at the back. Spurs have alot of talent in their squad and managed properly they should be a regular top 6-7 team, under Harry they've a good chance of having a very good year. Have to agree on Keane, absolutely stupid decision to let him go at a loss after half a season and not have any cover in attack, may well have cost Liverpool the league alright. Even if he wasn't Rafa's buy he still should have given him a chance but instead benched him whenever he came into a bit of form. The whole thing really made Rafa look like a fool to be honest.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:22 pm

Where are the Arshavin doubters now?

Best player in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:38 pm

One goal in how many games thogu Loyal? Liverpool seriously need to pull the finger out, best chance in years to get ahead of united, looks like Arsenal and Chelsea got in the way. United currently 1-0 down so not too bad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:39 pm

2-1 to ManU.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Holy **** is it? who scored for them?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:Holy **** is it? who scored for them?

Rooney impersonating Owen Mulligan won a penalty and scored it himself.

Diaby with an OG, headed it straight into his own net. Don't know what he was at.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:45 pm

Liverpool going nowhere this year Oaksy I'm afraid, at least not in terms of winning the league, leaking goals something serious and that zonal marking craic is a load of nonsense. Still sneaking the goals up front but what happens if Gerrard or Torres gets injured?

Utd well below par here and in front thanks to a bit of luck, but sure I'll take it! Still Chelsea's title though, and by a long way at this rate.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:08 pm

Berbatov has to be the most useless player ever.

What sort of an attempt at a kick was that?

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:36 pm

All the experts told me Man City needed a defence. The only team not to have conceded a goal.

Arashavin is a great player, just like Adabayor.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:01 pm

patrique wrote:All the experts told me Man City needed a defence. The only team not to have conceded a goal.

They did need a defence P, hence why they spent about £60 million upgrading it this year!

Good solid team in place there now though, will be interesting to see how they keep it up over the whole season.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:40 pm

patrique wrote:All the experts told me Man City needed a defence. The only team not to have conceded a goal.

So you are telling us that City haven't conceded a goal? Ok.
And that Arashavin is a great player? Ok.
And that Adabayor is a great player? Ok.

Wow, it's insightful comment like this that makes you one of the greats Paddy. Would you care to comment on the colour of the sky? Rolling Eyes
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:14 am

RMDrive wrote:

So you are telling us that City haven't conceded a goal? Ok.
And that Arashavin is a great player? Ok.
And that Adabayor is a great player? Ok.

Wow, it's insightful comment like this that makes you one of the greats Paddy. Would you care to comment on the colour of the sky? Rolling Eyes

After we thrashed Donegal it was a wonderful saffron hue in Ballybofey.Isuppose Cork put that in perspective however.

As I said, the MEDIA don't seem to have noticed that City haven't conceded a goal, as it was the MEDIA that said they needed a defence.

I thought maybe I was the only one who had noticed. Seems you did as well RM, obviously you don't work for Sky.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:58 pm

His Armband said he was a red TORRES TORRES!!

What a game! Babel hopefully gets a confidence boost after that display. Chelsea bad result against Wigan today, United as usual pulled it out of the fire at the end.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:His Armband said he was a red TORRES TORRES!!

What a game! Babel hopefully gets a confidence boost after that display. Chelsea bad result against Wigan today, United as usual pulled it out of the fire at the end.

Torres ha! DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO ZHIRKOV OR ARSHAVIN!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next