GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official Christmas thread

+3
RMDrive
3inarow08
bocerty
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The official Christmas thread Empty The official Christmas thread

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:59 pm

First of all, Nollaig Shona Dhaoibh go léir agus tá súil agam go mbainfidh sibh taitneamh as na laethanta seo!

So, has anybody their Christmas trees up yet? We're putting ours up tonight and our house, every year at Christmas, is like a grotto!

What do ye want for Christmas? I'm getting Micheál O'Muircheartaigh's new book! My exams are over, so I'm gonna do some serious shopping this year, down to the Galway market to get my pressies!

Merry Christmas Richy, Loyally, Sami, Jayo, Clashy, Real Kerry Fan, 3inarow08, Addy, etc. The official Christmas thread Icon_santa The official Christmas thread Icon_rendeer The official Christmas thread Icon_santa The official Christmas thread Icon_rendeer

Back to top Go down

The official Christmas thread Empty Re: The official Christmas thread

Post  bocerty Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:55 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:First of all, Nollaig Shona Dhaoibh go léir agus tá súil agam go mbainfidh sibh taitneamh as na laethanta seo!

So, has anybody their Christmas trees up yet? We're putting ours up tonight and our house, every year at Christmas, is like a grotto!

What do ye want for Christmas? I'm getting Micheál O'Muircheartaigh's new book! My exams are over, so I'm gonna do some serious shopping this year, down to the Galway market to get my pressies!

Merry Christmas Richy, Loyally, Sami, Jayo, Clashy, Real Kerry Fan, 3inarow08, Addy, etc. The official Christmas thread Icon_santa The official Christmas thread Icon_rendeer The official Christmas thread Icon_santa The official Christmas thread Icon_rendeer

if you need anything to put on the top of the Tree Esther, i think Patriques available
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:07 pm

Nollaig shona duitse freisin Esther!
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:37 pm

etc is the pet name that Esther has for me The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

No tree up yet. Won't be done till after the 8th so it will be next weekend.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:41 pm

bocerty wrote:if you need anything to put on the top of the Tree Esther, i think Patriques available

I shall take a stroll towards the village tomorrow afternoon and select my Christmas tree en-route. I may return later in the week with the trusty bushman and "do the business". The official Christmas thread Icon_wink The official Christmas thread Icon_santa
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:21 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
bocerty wrote:if you need anything to put on the top of the Tree Esther, i think Patriques available

I shall take a stroll towards the village tomorrow afternoon and select my Christmas tree en-route. I may return later in the week with the trusty bushman and "do the business". The official Christmas thread Icon_wink The official Christmas thread Icon_santa

in the dark of night no doubt Boxty Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:25 pm

Well surely not in the middle of the day Boc, somebody might think I was robbing it... The official Christmas thread Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:38 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Well surely not in the middle of the day Boc, somebody might think I was robbing it... The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:09 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:

Beyjasus tis gas. These pair a hoors are here a week and on the Christmas card list already....... The official Christmas thread Icon_mad The official Christmas thread Fresse
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:18 pm

If your thinking of purchasing any yoga mats* down the market Esther just tell them Mossbags sent you The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

*this may or may not be a code for something entirely different The official Christmas thread Icon_wink The official Christmas thread Icon_wink
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:10 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

Beyjasus tis gas. These pair a hoors are here a week and on the Christmas card list already....... The official Christmas thread Icon_mad The official Christmas thread Fresse

I love Kerry people! They're the true Irish people, much like us Mayoegians! Plus, 3inarow likes his irish-In respect him for that! The official Christmas thread Icon_biggrin

Last edited by EstherMayo1951 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:16 am

mossbags wrote:If your thinking of purchasing any yoga mats* down the market Esther just tell them Mossbags sent you The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

*this may or may not be a code for something entirely different The official Christmas thread Icon_wink The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

The official Christmas thread Lol
Thanks for the tip, I think I'll go to the Ballinasloe market instead now! The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:31 am

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
mossbags wrote:If your thinking of purchasing any yoga mats* down the market Esther just tell them Mossbags sent you The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

The official Christmas thread Lol
Thanks for the tip, I think I'll go to the Ballinasloe market instead now! The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

I'll put in a word with my guys in the Shloe(whats left of it) for you. no problem there at all Essie dearestThe official Christmas thread Wink
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:41 am

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

I love Kerry people! They're the true Irish people, much like us Mayoegians! Plus, 3inarow like his irish-In respect him for that! The official Christmas thread Icon_biggrin

Oh! you can bet that one...Slievééns, The Bull, The Bould Jackie Healy Me and that down-in-the-mouth hoor from Waterville....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

The official Christmas thread Empty MY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS:

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Richy:

To you I grant the most sacred of all gifts...................................................
A Mayo jersey. Richy, you're practically living in Mayo, sure ya might as well support them! The official Christmas thread Icon_wink The official Christmas thread Icon_razz

Loyally:

I'm not very well up on horse racing, but I give you tickets to the Cheltenham Festival, with a €5 tip on MaighEoGoDeo, a great horse from South Mayo!

Sami:

I don't know whether you were able to come over to Ireland in the Summer this year, but I give you a Ticket to the Munster Hurling final, in which Tipp will undoubtedly be playing in! And I'll pay for the plane ticket over! The official Christmas thread Icon_biggrin The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

Jayo:

I'll give you a one-way ticket to Australia for early August, because let's face it, you'll want to be as far away as possible from Dublin at that time of the year.....

RMD:

A teddy Bear

3inarow08:

Tickets to a Sydney Swans cluiche, and my permission to track down Nixon and give him a right kick up the bottom for taking Hanley and now O'Shea The official Christmas thread Icon_evil

Bocerty:

Mickey Harte's new autobiography, and a signed Derry jersey....

Mossbags:

We all know how fond you are of Mayo, and so, carrying on from that fact, I'll give you a weekend stay in the MacWilliam hotel in Claremorris. You'll love it there! Rolling hills, no Galway People, Mayo flags enveloping the town..... The official Christmas thread Icon_cool

Boxtyeater:

'A complete history of the GAA in Connacht' No doubt you already know all the history of Connacht GAA, but I found it very difficult to choose a present for you, I did think of an old farmer's cap, but concluded that you probably already have one The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

And I think that's it! You will all be receiving your presents in a matter of days, however, do bear in mind that the Post is pretty unpredictable these days, so all some of you might not receive your gifts! The official Christmas thread Icon_twisted The official Christmas thread Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:30 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:

Sami:

I don't know whether you were able to come over to Ireland in the Summer this year, but I give you a Ticket to the Munster Hurling final, in which Tipp will undoubtedly be playing in! And I'll pay for the plane ticket over! The official Christmas thread Icon_biggrin The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

that would be loevly Essie! I'm finishing school early this year because of exams so hopefully I'll be able to get over a bit earlier than I do usually so I can make the Munster final - if so I'd be happy to take you up on this offer!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:36 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Boxtyeater:

'A complete history of the GAA in Connacht' No doubt you already know all the history of Connacht GAA, but I found it very difficult to choose a present for you, I did think of an old farmer's cap, but concluded that you probably already have one The official Christmas thread Icon_wink

Smashing post Essie. Indeed I have not 1 but 2 caps. One is for general activities such as attendance at the Mart etc., and "the good one" is for important functions such as funerals, canvassing in bad weather and attending auctions.
For yourself Essie, I'm currently in negotiations with a top class forward with a proven scoring record arranging a job in Ballina.

As the man said " If it had been a Mayo forward on the grassy knoll that day in Dallas, JFK would be alive today". The official Christmas thread Fresse
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:59 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:As the man said " If it had been a Mayo forward on the grassy knoll that day in Dallas, JFK would be alive today". The official Christmas thread Fresse

The official Christmas thread Icon_razz The official Christmas thread Icon_razz The official Christmas thread Icon_razz
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:19 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Boxtyeater:

Smashing post Essie. Indeed I have not 1 but 2 caps. One is for general activities such as attendance at the Mart etc., and "the good one" is for important functions such as funerals, canvassing in bad weather and attending auctions.
For yourself Essie, I'm currently in negotiations with a top class forward with a proven scoring record arranging a job in Ballina.

As the man said " If it had been a Mayo forward on the grassy knoll that day in Dallas, JFK would be alive today". The official Christmas thread Fresse

Haha! Nice one Boxty! The official Christmas thread Icon_lol

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:40 pm

As you well know Essie there is simply no limit to my love for all things Mayo and a weekend above in Claremorris with your good self,just the two of us, sounds like the greatest gift a guy could ever get. The official Christmas thread Herz
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:13 am

mossbags wrote:As you well know Essie there is simply no limit to my love for all things Mayo and a weekend above in Claremorris with your good self,just the two of us, sounds like the greatest gift a guy could ever get. The official Christmas thread Herz

I have a policy not to date Galwegians I'm afraid Mossy! The official Christmas thread Icon_razz The official Christmas thread Icon_cool Besides, it'd never work, there'd be too much bad feelings over Mayo's Connacht Final win over Galway! The official Christmas thread Icon_twisted

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:09 am

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
mossbags wrote:As you well know Essie there is simply no limit to my love for all things Mayo and a weekend above in Claremorris with your good self,just the two of us, sounds like the greatest gift a guy could ever get. The official Christmas thread Herz

I have a policy not to date Galwegians I'm afraid Mossy! The official Christmas thread Icon_razz The official Christmas thread Icon_cool Besides, it'd never work, there'd be too much bad feelings over Mayo's Connacht Final win over Galway! The official Christmas thread Icon_twisted

Beyjasus you couldn't me more true Essie... That hoor Mossbags is but an opportunist and schmalteser of the highest order.

Not in the category of an "all right sort" at all, at all.........Now Leitrim is awash with XXXXXX men. *The L button is missing.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:21 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

Beyjasus you couldn't me more true Essie... That hoor Mossbags is but an opportunist and schmalteser of the highest order.

Not in the category of an "all right sort" at all, at all.........Now Leitrim is awash with XXXXXX men. *The L button is missing.

Ah here, whoever mentioned anything about dating? The official Christmas thread Fresse
don't have time for that lark, just like to get straight down to business The official Christmas thread Icon_rr

To get you in the mood there Essie

Girl, you're such a bad thing

Standing there all alone

Looking so good to me baby

Can't do no wrong (hey, baby)

Put your arms around me

Set my world on fire

There ain't never gonna be nobody like you baby

Honey, that's no lie (hey, honey)

You put that spell on me

I'll tell you, honey

You know you set me free

Hey, little girl you know my hearts desires

Come on and give it to me, baby

I can't deny ya !

Hey, hey, what I'm sayin' is -

Do it to me one more time

Oh, give you one more chance

This heart of mine

Do it to me one more time, baby

Can't get enough of your love !
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Bocerty:

Mickey Harte's new autobiography, and a signed Derry jersey....

Essie i have the book read and to be honest it was a waste of time money and effort.

As for the Derry jersey i have already have a stockpile of toilet roll so I'll not be needing it thanks all the same.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:31 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

I love Kerry people! They're the true Irish people, much like us Mayoegians! Plus, 3inarow likes his irish-In respect him for that! The official Christmas thread Icon_biggrin

Fair play Esther, I love Mayo people too, and have lots of friends from Westport and Achill. Always go to Mayo at least twice a year, lovely people!

And I've always said the true Irish people are to be found on the west coast of Ireland, all the way from Donegal down to Kerry.

And I love my Irish, I plan on raising my kids through Irish, doing my bit to revive the language.

You know me so well already! The official Christmas thread Icon_biggrin
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down