GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyrone Hurling Thread

+3
tyronegael
Jayo Cluxton
North Side Gael
7 posters

Go down

Tyrone Hurling Thread Empty Tyrone Hurling Thread

Post  North Side Gael Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:16 am

Massive well done to eire og on their performance v the the johnies in belfast yesterday, the Johnnies are a top side in antrim hurling and regualry up until 3/4 years ago would make the semi finals of our county championship only to fall to a super power such as dunloy or cushundall, they are also the only city club in div1 when the league structure was changed and although relegated are back as the only div1 city hurling club.

No one in antrim thought anyone in ulster could get within ten points of them, and carrickmore must have scared the hell out of them, well done and good luck for future developments hopefully in the ulster senior.

I really feel the combined leagues, which i talk about in my other thread on lower tier counties, could really improve the likes carrickmore, forcing other clubs to come to the forefront and try and match this sort of achievement, the likes of lisbellaw in fermanagh could give it a crack, the johnnies beat them well in the semis but with more development who knows where these clubs could end up.

well done again, yous were beaten but proved yous are on the way to mixing it with the best.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Tyrone Hurling Thread Empty Re: Tyrone Hurling Thread

Post  North Side Gael Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:19 am

should have said score line was 2-11 to 1-11 in favour of st johns, a team which i also should have said carries around ten players with senior intercounty experience some of which are on the current antrim panel.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Jeeze it may not be good if Tyrone were to become successful at hurling. I mean look what they brought to football ..... affraid Twisted Evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  tyronegael Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Carrickmore deserves all the credit they can get! They have been under rated because they are from a 'weak' hurling county, but they are just as good as any other hurling club in ulster, if not better!

They are a strong team and even though some of their players have emigrated this year, including probably tyrone's best player there still strong

goodluck eire og in this years ulster championship, no doubt use'll win the tyrone championship

tyronegael
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

tyrone
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:39 pm

tyronegael wrote:Carrickmore deserves all the credit they can get! They have been under rated because they are from a 'weak' hurling county, but they are just as good as any other hurling club in ulster, if not better!

They are a strong team and even though some of their players have emigrated this year, including probably tyrone's best player there still strong

goodluck eire og in this years ulster championship, no doubt use'll win the tyrone championship

You're welcome aboard this good ship tyronegael....
Will you be dealing exclusively with Tyrone hurling affairs or do you follow the big ball game as well? Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:04 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
tyronegael wrote:Carrickmore deserves all the credit they can get! They have been under rated because they are from a 'weak' hurling county, but they are just as good as any other hurling club in ulster, if not better!

You're welcome aboard this good ship tyronegael....
Will you be dealing exclusively with Tyrone hurling affairs or do you follow the big ball game as well? Wink

Im and a couple of others are hoping not, need a few more hurling boyos on here!

Welcome tyronegael, i would follow hurling in the less traditional counties myself as much as i can but obv due to press its not easy, seen a team couple year back think they were naomh comcille of coalisland and stewarts town, done brilliant getting to the junior all ireland final, have the progressed much since?
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  tyronegael Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:51 am

I am completely focused on my tyrone hurlung. And yes, naomh colm cille are an amazing team and club, to get to an All Ireland Final after a few years of setting up says it all. this just comes to show that there are talented hurlers in tyrone and talented clubs as well!

The media only associates tyrone with football so it is very hard on all of them hurlers to do good and not get any praise, more focus is needed, especially for the championship coming up in feburary.

tyronegael
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:27 pm

tyronegael wrote:I am completely focused on my tyrone hurlung. The media only associates tyrone with football so it is very hard on all of them hurlers to do good and not get any praise, more focus is needed, especially for the championship coming up in feburary.

That's great to hear TG. My hope is that this site sees a large influx of Tyrone hurling supporters over the coming weeks, for, God knows, we've overdosed on this whole Tyrone football thing.
Are Tyrone hurling supporters rancorous like their football brethren. Question
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:11 pm

tyronegael wrote:I am completely focused on my tyrone hurlung. And yes, naomh colm cille are an amazing team and club, to get to an All Ireland Final after a few years of setting up says it all. this just comes to show that there are talented hurlers in tyrone and talented clubs as well!

The media only associates tyrone with football so it is very hard on all of them hurlers to do good and not get any praise, more focus is needed, especially for the championship coming up in feburary.

Would totally agree, ive seen juvenile teams from dungannon and carrickmore, putting it to the best in antrim, down and derry, i think the wheels are in motion and soon enough tyrone hurling wont be that far behind armagh, a couple of new clubs would be good for tyrone like Naomh Colmcille, just to challenge the current top dogs and to keep everything fresh.

Looking forward to your posts on hurling matches tyrone gael, keep er lit down there!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  tyronegael Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:02 pm

The tyrone hurling supporters are well dedicated to making hurling in tyrone a success. Although there is only a small amount of us, the same people go to every single match....they never miss one!

I dont see why the hurlers has to get to an all ireland final to finally be recognised even if that ifs the smallest of columns at the bottom of a newspaper, it doesnt seem right!

I'll keep you's posted on all the leagur matches to come cuz no doubt ill be there Very Happy

tyronegael
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:53 pm

tyronegael wrote:The tyrone hurling supporters are well dedicated to making hurling in tyrone a success. Although there is only a small amount of us, the same people go to every single match....they never miss one!

I dont see why the hurlers has to get to an all ireland final to finally be recognised even if that ifs the smallest of columns at the bottom of a newspaper, it doesnt seem right!

I'll keep you's posted on all the leagur matches to come cuz no doubt ill be there Very Happy

Good lad, i may be a Derryman but i have a lot of time for the hurling people of Tyrone, they are doing a hell of a job promoting the game there and doing a brilliant job at that!

Welcome aboard and i look forward to your posts!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:08 pm

It will be good to follow the fortunes of Tyrone hurlers. Perhaps a mod could change the title to Tyrone hurling to make people more aware of thread content?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:10 pm

Great idea although i feel i should have been consulted first! lol oj
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Tyrone Hurling Thread Empty tyrone hurling

Post  tyronegael Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:50 am

Great to see tyrone county team get a win over sligo in healy park. Things are looking bright for tyrone 3.18 - 2.07 even though it was a bit scrappy, it was v.good for their first match.

Few new lads on the panel, one of which damien casey, scoring 8points (the highest scorer of the match) brilliant to see the new lads training for the county!

Donegal next match and this should be a brill match as they last met in lory meagher final in june so it shud be interesting, but from what I have seen already tyrone can certainly hold their ground and hopefully get a win

tyronegael
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:25 am

tyronegael wrote:Great to see tyrone county team get a win over sligo in healy park. Things are looking bright for tyrone 3.18 - 2.07 even though it was a bit scrappy, it was v.good for their first match.

Few new lads on the panel, one of which damien casey, scoring 8points (the highest scorer of the match) brilliant to see the new lads training for the county!

Donegal next match and this should be a brill match as they last met in lory meagher final in june so it shud be interesting, but from what I have seen already tyrone can certainly hold their ground and hopefully get a win

Encouraging...3-18 is big scoring. Donegal hurlers are no great shakes either. Forum hardman, RMDrive had a spell with them back a few years ago until suffering a serious injury. He was a big loss to them at the time as they were coming along nicely.
Do you wield the oul' camán yourself? Great to see such interest all the same.

Have you ever hurled against Killyclogher?.. There's a lad around them parts called Boccy, or something like that, whose hardy stuff. affraid
There's a song about him if I recall.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:44 am

Tyrone hurling thread about 6 topics down .... Like how many do we need? Rolling Eyes
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:09 am

Parouisa wrote:Tyrone hurling thread about 6 topics down .... Like how many do we need? Rolling Eyes

Demand and supply, Parouisa. As the county with the largest presence on this forum (or, for that matter, most others), it is only natural that there are several O'Neill county threads on the go. 'Give the people what they want', must be the modus operandi.

I'm sure you recall fondly those great days when your friends Hipster, Mullins and Jayo Cluxton were providing us with regular updates on all things metropolitan. On that subject, one Dub out of 1.5 million on this site is pretty poor - have you no friends/colleagues/associates you could entice to join us?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:12 am

We kept most things to GG Dublin News and were not starting threads willy nilly.

I dunno why I am the only one out of the 8.6 million in Dublin but feel it may be something to do with the likes of Boxty, OMAR and a few others being members .... Very Happy
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Tyrone Hurling Thread Empty Hurlers

Post  jimjoe Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Was Cathal McErlean not playing on Sunday? Is your fella from Strabane Mark Devine not on the panel?

jimjoe

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:32 pm

tyronegael wrote:Great to see tyrone county team get a win over sligo in healy park. Things are looking bright for tyrone 3.18 - 2.07 even though it was a bit scrappy, it was v.good for their first match.

Where the 8 points from play? just out of curiosity.

Was a good win, i remember watching sligo win the lory meagher v louth and looked a good set up, hopefully tyrone can win this year and progress in the nicky rackard, i know last time they won it they lost a lot of players, maybe now with a new panel things are going good for them.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  tyronegael Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:18 pm

From those 8points, 7 was from play, considering that was damians first appearance for senior level! No cathal was not playing, I'm not sure what is happening with him but I think he's for australia soon so that will be him out for championShip along with justy kelly who's moving too

Killyclogher has an underage team and by underage I mean u16 and minor. There's not that many killyclogher senior hurlers about but if any were looking to join county they certainly wouldn't be turned down.

Stephen donnelly and damian maguire will hopefully be back to fitness after they got injuries very early into match, stephen got a dislocated nger and damian pulled a ligament in his foot

tyronegael
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  dundalk Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:50 pm

Anyone got a list of the names in this years tyrone panel?

dundalk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down