GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurling League general chit chat thread

+13
Loyal2TheRoyal
bald eagle
Boxtyeater
clash-of-da-ash
patrique
bocerty
mullins
SamiPremier08
KerryKatriona
Real Kerry Fan
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
mossbags
17 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurling League general chit chat thread

Post  mossbags Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:46 am

Fair play to them Kerry lads, doubt they'll have the same impact in Div 2 as Carlow but in fairness to them, their unlikely to have the same backing from their board, bearing in mind hurlings status in the county. Still a fair old achievement for the hurlers in the county Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 Icon_sunny
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurling League general chit chat thread

Post  bald eagle Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:26 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
They didn't score therefore the penalty taker missed!!!!!!! Just give me that!!!!! Fair play to Kerry, i was surprised that we stayed so close to them for so long as they are a far better team than us!!!

surely less embarrassing to have a penalty saved than miss the target all together BE?

Same outcome on the scoreboard Sami but it sounds better to say that we missed the penalty rather than they saved it. For me, if you don't score, you miss.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:41 pm

How's it going lads, Lot of firmilar names on here
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:42 pm

hag and cheese wrote:How's it going lads, Lot of firmilar names on here

Good God - is it really you Hag?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Howdy Hag. Glad you popped in. I always knew it was you in that picture!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:49 pm

Tis by god think the addition of the soccer forum on HS was the final straw decided to go looking for another forum.... So this is where you've been hiding out Jayo... administrator no less always knew you had the stuff to do it.

We get smiley faces too!!!! Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 654413
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:51 pm

RMDrive wrote:

Howdy Hag. Glad you popped in. I always knew it was you in that picture!

Aye that's me in my prime unfortunately i've put on a bit of weight since
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 pm

greetings Hag - good to have you on board
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Typically slow Hag - took you 14 months to find us. Are you still driving the cloth car? Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 Icon_razz

Jaysus there's loads of things I wanted to ask ya over the last few months and can't think of any now! Did the quare fella ever come back from Oz?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:43 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Typically slow Hag - took you 14 months to find us. Are you still driving the cloth car? Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 Icon_razz

Jaysus there's loads of things I wanted to ask ya over the last few months and can't think of any now! Did the quare fella ever come back from Oz?

In fairness now i was never the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Auld Tiobraid havn't a clue what happened him no doubt there's a few little tiobraids running around oz now.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:22 pm

I see Michael Duignan has taken over Portumna. Interesting to see how he gets on. Hope it doesn't mean the end of his co-commentating and punditry as he is excellent.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I see Michael Duignan has taken over Portumna. Interesting to see how he gets on. Hope it doesn't mean the end of his co-commentating and punditry as he is excellent.

I'm sure he'll get on grand he's inheriting a top class team and fairly young too I'd say ollie is the oldest?
He would be a loss to the sunday game if he dosen't stay on always speaks his mind
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Bermuda_Bomber Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:44 pm

Duignan is a good coach by all accounts, when he was over Meath he improved the team no end, but a lot of the established players wouldn't commit to the effort he was looking for. If they'd been on board we could have done fairly well by our standards. Twas a big loss when he left.
Bermuda_Bomber
Bermuda_Bomber
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Meath
Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Duighan should be good I think he takes over from Dinny Cahill.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Hag and Cheese Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 ApploudHurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 Apploud

Welcome aboard auld stock. Tipp wont win bollix this year Hag.

Re Limerick v Dublin today, I thought this was a new low for the league. The next county who fields a half assed team because of strikes or walkouts or whatever should be barred from the championship. It really does make a mockery of the game and the people who love the game to see a county like Limerick losing in the manner they did today.
If Justin McArthy has an ounce of self respect he will walk away now and at least leave the hurling people of Limerick to sort out the mess he has left them
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:36 pm

When are the Limerick players going to step forward and represent their county with pride? McCarthy is the approved (and reapproved) manager and has no reason to walk away. The rebel players are making a mockery of all the people who have developed them as players over the years. Spoilt brats.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Duighan should be good I think he takes over from Dinny Cahill.

He comes in as coach. John Kelly will remain overall manager. Its a good move as Duignan was tough as a nut in his day and should get on well with the Portumna lads. Theres another all-Ireland or 6 in that team and will be a great learning curve for Duignan if he wants to go into inter county management after. Shouldn't affect his Sunday game slot in any way. Would be a shame as he gave us that great moment last year where he was caught texting or something when Micheal Lester popped him a question. Think its on here somewhere might see if I can find it.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:40 pm

The Limerick hurlers are doing a great job...Unlucky today close game. Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 654413
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:52 pm

RMDrive wrote:When are the Limerick players going to step forward and represent their county with pride? McCarthy is the approved (and reapproved) manager and has no reason to walk away. The rebel players are making a mockery of all the people who have developed them as players over the years. Spoilt brats.

Last year they were humiliated by Tippereary in the championship, to day they are humiliated by Dublin in the league. In the interim he has provoked a rift with some of the counties greatest servants and pretty much the entire 1st team panel yet you maintain he has 'no reason to walk away'. Quit spoofing rmd
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:01 pm

mossbags wrote:
RMDrive wrote:When are the Limerick players going to step forward and represent their county with pride? McCarthy is the approved (and reapproved) manager and has no reason to walk away. The rebel players are making a mockery of all the people who have developed them as players over the years. Spoilt brats.

Last year they were humiliated by Tippereary in the championship, to day they are humiliated by Dublin in the league. In the interim he has provoked a rift with some of the counties greatest servants and pretty much the entire 1st team panel yet you maintain he has 'no reason to walk away'. Quit spoofing rmd

How did he provoke a rift? The clubs who these players are members of voted to have him as the manager. That's all I need to know. Players cannot pick their manager.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:13 pm

"Welcome aboard auld stock. Tipp wont win bollix this year Hag."

If your from tipperary here raise your hand if not raise your standards Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

Only messing moss you could well be right no offence but tipp are doing a galway on it at the moment no consistancy... god awful today granted 7/8 of the team playing today would be on the championship team but strong back line made basic mistakes today. Only for tipperary's ronaldo (callinan did nothing bar a couple of flicks and scored the goal in the end) they could have and should have lost.

As for limerick the whole situation was handled badly all but 2 of the players dropped I agree with but the county board and mccarthy should have treated the dropped players better. Should appoligise for it.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 pm

He should but when was the last time a langer ever apologized for anything Hag?
He should head off somewhere now and leave Limerick to pick up the pieces themselves.
Re Tipp I'd say they have another outstanding shout this year. Paul Kelly would be a serious loss though. I think Cork may have flattered to decieve a bit in the league and Kilkenny are clearly on the wane so a classic Tipp/Galway final is on the cards with the wrongs of 89(sf) and 01 to be righted this time around Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 Icon_basketball
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:30 pm

mossbags wrote:He should but when was the last time a langer ever apologized for anything Hag?
He should head off somewhere now and leave Limerick to pick up the pieces themselves.
Re Tipp I'd say they have another outstanding shout this year. Paul Kelly would be a serious loss though. I think Cork may have flattered to decieve a bit in the league and Kilkenny are clearly on the wane so a classic Tipp/Galway final is on the cards with the wrongs of 89(sf) and 01 to be righted this time around Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 Icon_basketball

Might well be any of yer players play illegally in new york this year??? If they did could you let me know so i can tip off sheedy before the all-ireland Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 Icon_lol
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:33 pm

mossbags wrote:He should but when was the last time a langer ever apologized for anything Hag?

I've heard that of the reasons he's not going is because some sponsor will pull the plug.... might be idel rumours
The think is i can't see many managers jumping in to take the job the clean out was needed but the way it was done was wrong
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:33 pm

hag and cheese wrote:

Might well be any of yer players play illegally in new york this year??? If they did could you let me know so i can tip off sheedy before the all-ireland Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 5 Icon_lol

Whats the story with Sheedy Hag? Everytime I see him on the sideline he's either dancing a jig or contorting his eyeballs a la Basil Fawltey. Is he a total nutjob or what?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next