GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurling League general chit chat thread

+13
Loyal2TheRoyal
bald eagle
Boxtyeater
clash-of-da-ash
patrique
bocerty
mullins
SamiPremier08
KerryKatriona
Real Kerry Fan
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
mossbags
17 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Hurling League general chit chat thread

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:28 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:
that being said, the Dubs are not to be underestimated and did tremendously.

yes Jayo... Rolling Eyes
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Hurling League general chit chat thread

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:05 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:it was a game they should really have won!!

Ok Sami - I think the problem here is the way you put this. Most certainly over 70 minutes on Sunday Tipperary should not have won. I think you are trying to say that it was a game Tipperary were expected to win.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:it was a game they should really have won!!

Ok Sami - I think the problem here is the way you put this. Most certainly over 70 minutes on Sunday Tipperary should not have won. I think you are trying to say that it was a game Tipperary were expected to win.

yeah Jayo, that is what I meant.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Surprising result in Thurles. This is a game Kilkenny really should have won.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:41 pm

mossbags wrote:Surprising result in Thurles. This is a game Kilkenny really should have won.

Sleep
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:46 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
mossbags wrote:Surprising result in Thurles. This is a game Kilkenny really should have won.

Sleep

Cody..."Yerrah! 'tis all about September"
Mossbags, would you ever.....power cut!!!!!!!
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:

Sleep

Cody..."Yerrah! 'tis all about September"
Mossbags, would you ever.....power cut!!!!!!!

Just watching this now on Setanta, Maher at FB for Tipp is something else. Shane McGrath immense for them as well. Kelly is carrying a fair bit but hurled very well today. Seamie Hennasy will add a lot to Tipp this year when he gets on board. He might be well into his 30s but Cummins is the best keeper in the business.
KK had some shocking misses in the 1st half with Fogarty in particular missing a sitter. Ritchy Hogan wont cut it at this level imo. Mulhall looked good today with TJ Reid to come back they might both be starting for the Cats come the chship.
Liam Sheedy is proper dipstick btw.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:52 am

I didn't see but was told Tommy Walsh was the best player on the pitch and that the Tipp half forward line are a joke.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:05 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:I didn't see but was told Tommy Walsh was the best player on the pitch and that the Tipp half forward line are a joke.

Was it Tommy Walsh you were talking to Clash?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:11 am

mossbags wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:I didn't see but was told Tommy Walsh was the best player on the pitch and that the Tipp half forward line are a joke.

Couldn't be small Tommy, the Tullaroan bloke???....Too small for senior I'd say....Little dark looking lad ( a sort of a weak corner forward type?) .....Clash may be mixing him up with the hardy buck in the h/b line.....Clash rarely wrong tho'????
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:18 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
mossbags wrote:

Couldn't be small Tommy, the Tullaroan bloke???....Too small for senior I'd say....Little dark looking lad ( a sort of a weak corner forward type?) .....Clash may be mixing him up with the hardy buck in the h/b line.....Clash rarely wrong tho'????

Theres only one Tommy Walsh
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 3 Empty Warwickshire in the National League?

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:07 pm

I know that you all have little or no interest in British GAA, but just as a side topic here, do you think that Warwickshire should play in the Hurling league?

With the inception of the Fingal and Non Ards sides in the league, i feel that it would be a great step forward for the development of the GAA and Hurling in the UK if Warks (or a "Rest of UK team") entered into the NHL. They already play in the Leinster Shield and the lowest tier of the All Ireland Championships and more than hold thier own.

I have a chat with Liam O'Neill a few weeks back and he said to me, after serious questioning, that the GAA are looking seriously at the UK as the 5th provience (i have since seen documentation that confirms this approach), surely helping Warks or a Rest of UK side into the NHL would only solidify that claim?

Views?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:17 pm

I think a composite UK side may be best though that would obviously present probels viz training and selection!! There would also have to be financial assistance given to the UK side and those travelling to ensure they weren't badly out of pocket. Sure if Galway can be put in Leinster where's the harm ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I think a composite UK side may be best though that would obviously present probels viz training and selection!! There would also have to be financial assistance given to the UK side and those travelling to ensure they weren't badly out of pocket. Sure if Galway can be put in Leinster where's the harm ...

The assistance stands currently for sides travelling to the UK and for Warks travelling to games in Ireland is 10,000 yoyos, that's the same as what Dublin Juniors got for travelling to Cardiff to play in the All Ireland Junior Champo a few years back also. How many national league games would involve an extra UK side? 6, 7 maybe? Sure that's roughly a quarter of what the GAA get for renting Croker out for an event! Good point you make but it the GAA money pit it's a very small drop.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Oh I agree totally BE. Money should not be a factor in preventing this at all.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:44 pm

the GAA should go for it, would be great to see hurling even slightly recognised in the UK outside of London
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:11 pm

Cost aside no one could have any issue with this. The lower echelons of the hurling league only exist in a developmental capacity anyway. London already play in the football league so theres clearly a precedent. The issue's really would be whether it is cost effective and how serious are the GAA in nurturing the game abroad.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:02 pm

I think the money it would cost to send teams over and back to England should be spent in developing the game in the UK at underage level.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:32 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:I think the money it would cost to send teams over and back to England should be spent in developing the game in the UK at underage level.

Over 250,000 yoyos per year is spent on GAA development in the UK per year already clash.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Conor Dervan, one of the infamous 'Mullagh 3' Comes in for young Barry on Sunday against Tipp,Skehill and Callinan switch again, otherwise the same setup as beat Waterford. No sign yet of John Lee, but seeing as how he played two full games that both went to extra time in the space of 24 hours last weekend this is perhaps, fair enough.
Winners of this will probably be appearing in the league Final so theres a lot riding on it
Wouldn't do us any harm getting to it as its an extra game to gel the Port lads back in.
Tipps bating of KK means there primary league objective is met already but would expect them to push on now. Be interesting to see if Hennessy is named for them on Sunday after his Fitzgibbon Cup heroics

Galway (NHL v Tipperary): J Skehill; F Moore, S Kavanagh, D Joyce; C
Dervan, T Og Regan, D Collins; G Farragher, N Cahalan; A Callanan, C
Donnellan, A Harte; I Tannian, J Gantley, N Healy.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:24 pm

Think I might head to this one should be a good game.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:54 pm

mossbags wrote:Conor Dervan, one of the infamous 'Mullagh 3' Comes in for young Barry on Sunday against Tipp,Skehill and Callinan switch again, otherwise the same setup as beat Waterford. No sign yet of John Lee, but seeing as how he played two full games that both went to extra time in the space of 24 hours last weekend this is perhaps, fair enough.
Winners of this will probably be appearing in the league Final so theres a lot riding on it
Wouldn't do us any harm getting to it as its an extra game to gel the Port lads back in.
Tipps bating of KK means there primary league objective is met already but would expect them to push on now. Be interesting to see if Hennessy is named for them on Sunday after his Fitzgibbon Cup heroics

Galway (NHL v Tipperary): J Skehill; F Moore, S Kavanagh, D Joyce; C
Dervan, T Og Regan, D Collins; G Farragher, N Cahalan; A Callanan, C
Donnellan, A Harte; I Tannian, J Gantley, N Healy.

I knew Canning would lose his place eventually. Not before time in my opinion.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Interesting to see Kilkenny lose again, and quite worrying that Cork did it seeing as Tipp have them first in the championship. Serious step backward for Dublin in my opinion, would have expected them to get a lot closer to Offaly. Limerick have serious issues to solve before the summer - possibly Justin's last days as manager? Pleasing win for Tipp as well.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:07 pm

The fella in Pearse Stadium today read out the HT from Thurles and it was 0-13 to 1-4 or something. We managed another whole point in the 2nd half. Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 3 Icon_redface
Did Boxty give the HT teamtalk or something? wtf?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:08 pm

mossbags wrote:The fella in Pearse Stadium today read out the HT from Thurles and it was 0-13 to 1-4 or something. We managed another whole point in the 2nd half. Hurling League general chit chat thread - Page 3 Icon_redface
Did Boxty give the HT teamtalk or something? wtf?

yeah there was a considerable second half fade out for Galway, they looked the better team all through the first half.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next