GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerry GT News

+18
bocerty
mugsys_barber
Parouisa
GAA-Fan
hipster 2
RMDrive
ollie
Podger
OMAR
The Puke
3inarow08
Jayo Cluxton
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
long.dub.glic
Boxtyeater
mullins
Real Kerry Fan
22 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Kerry GT News - Page 2 Empty Re: Kerry GT News

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Dublin Very Happy

Well you were never going to say 'Tyrone', were you? Wink
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:08 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:

True TC. The very thought of it! affraid
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:27 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

True TC. The very thought of it! affraid

Don't be scared RKF its the least of your worries Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:26 am

Well lads just back from the pub etc. 'Celebrated' 32 years marriage to a Dub. Sad Three other Dubs around the house also.affraid
Yes I must qualify as the longest suffering Kerryman in history Sad
Naw I only messing. She a Kieran Donaghy Very Happy and the lads well with a bit of education might straighten out their accents out. Razz Good night. Laughing
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:56 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Well lads just back from the pub etc. 'Celebrated' 32 years marriage to a Dub. Sad Three other Dubs around the house also.affraid
Naw I only messing. She a Kieran Donaghy Very Happy and the lads well with a bit of education might straighten out their accents out. Razz Good night. Laughing

She a Kieran Donaghy? So she's 6'522 and bald? affraid

ps Congrats - any man who lasts 32 years deserves a huge lump sum ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Well lads just back from the pub etc. 'Celebrated' 32 years marriage to a Dub. Sad Three other Dubs around the house also.affraid

Shes had it rough in them 32 years no championship win v Kerry...Hopefully she met you in 76/77

RKF where do the years go.. Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Most negative team left - Kerry.

14 men behind the ball.

Loft it up to Donaghy.

Colm Cooper now a sweeper?

Sooner Kerry are put out the better - it hurts my eyes watching them.

Someone should show Jack O'Connor a DVD of Donegal counterattcking style against Kildare.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Most negative team left - Kerry.

14 men behind the ball.

Loft it up to Donaghy.

Someone should show Jack O'Connor a DVD of Donegal counterattcking style against Kildare.

Yawn : Rolling Eyes
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:06 pm

mullins wrote:[quote="Real Kerry Fan"

RKF where do the years go.. Very Happy

Who says 'time flies' ? Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:01 am

With the news that Miceal Quirke has walked out of the Kerry panel,does that mean the unrest has commenced?. I certainly hope so. : Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:With the news that Miceal Quirke has walked out of the Kerry panel,does that mean the unrest has commenced?. I certainly hope so. : Very Happy

Disappointed hear that about Quirke, he hasn't the pace for inteecounty but is a sound a skin as yiu are likely to come across
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Agree Puke. Met him afew times and he has a great sense of humour. Became a daddy to twins recently helped him to make up his mind.Best wishes to hiim.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Most negative team left - Kerry.

14 men behind the ball.

Loft it up to Donaghy.

Yawn : Rolling Eyes

You're defend with as many numbers as the next team RKF. The idea that Kerry still play a brand of football that won them All-Irelands in the seventies, or indeed in the nineties, is ludricious.

How many times was the greatest footballer of all time, Colm Cooper, in his own full-back line last Sunday? At least four.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 pm

You're defend with as many numbers as the next team RKF. The idea that Kerry still play a brand of football that won them All-Irelands in the seventies, or indeed in the nineties, is ludricious.
Nineties? One All Ireland 1997 and not too impressive. Mad Nobody played defensive in the 70's. but I do remember Pat Spillane back in his own defence very often and in fact playing as goalkeeper.Now players are capable of playing in different positions in comfort. Gooch just practising as captain ,covering all players' positions to be congratulated at final whistle. Razz
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:With the news that Miceal Quirke has walked out of the Kerry panel,does that mean the unrest has commenced?. I certainly hope so. : Very Happy

Looks very musclebound to me and not like an intercounty footballer ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Well here we are again.Back in the final but for a change it is not Cork,Mayo,Tyrone or Armagh its the Dubs. Nice to play a nice team for a change. Very Happy Who is going to win? Not an earthly clue and anyone who thinks they do are talking through their anus. Who said recently about the 'experts' that they spend an hour before the game telling you who is going to win and an hour after explaining how they were wrong. Who can forecast how the Gooch or the Brogans will play? Or how both defences or midfield cope? Yes they will tell you exacltly how is going to happen the, clowns. The only guide I have is to wait the for Liam Hayes forecast as he is always wrong.
This Kerry team win,lose or draw will go down as a great team and thanks lads for the great times you have given us over the past ten years. All fans from both sides can only do is HOPE that their players will perform well. Remember inches can change a game. Crossbar,fingertip or toecap.To the Dubs if you win I will say well done. To the Kerry Dubs, the Brogans whose Dad caused us trouble back in the last century, Diarmuid Connolly more from a Kerry hurling background and especially to Paul Casey,although a sub you may surpass your Dad, as a Celtic Cross is just ahead of a South Kerry championship medal. Wishing everyone an enjoyable day and I hope to see the Gooch raising Sam and if not well sure the drink is a great councellor Sad
Up the Kingdom. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Well said RKF!
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Kerry GT News - Page 2 Empty A little excerpt from the great man....

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:39 am

Well worth the read....

By Con Houlihan

Tuesday August 04 2009

The hard core of those who follow Dublin Gaelic Football are like a little army.

They stand in the same spot on The Hill and they drink in the same pubs. The pattern has a little changed in recent years: Their favourite pubs used to be in Fairview; now most of that little army converge on Mulligans', on Poolbeg Street, after Croke Park.

After the bigger games, they overflow the old pub and take up much of the street.

This, of course, is illegal but there is nothing wrong with it.

Kerry people drink there, too. And Mulligans' has been known as the pub where many romances begin and where some romances end.

Kerry's followers for years used to drink in The Shakespeare on Parnell Street. There, after a game you would see a row of pints on the long counter all ready for topping up.

The followers now tend to drink in Moran's on Gardiner Street, or in The Merchant on Merchant's Quay, or in Chaplin's on Hawkins Street.

Whether in victory or defeat you can always expect great craic between the two lots of partisans. You can be certain that it was much the same yesterday evening. Dublin's hard core have become accustomed to losing but they live in hope.

What's another year..?

When I lived in Kerry, we almost always travelled home the night of the match. We used to stop in a little country pub in Laois. There, the people always envied us.

They used to say: "Isn't it fine for you... You have won so many All-Irelands and we haven't got even one."

It was often late when we got home -- even though some of us had to work in the morning.

I remember especially an occasion when I had to help a neighbour to drive his cattle to the fair. I was roused at about four o'clock. We had a hard job to round up his cattle because his fences weren't in great shape. I wasn't in great shape myself.

As soon as we had the cattle settled in the fair, I left my friend in charge and adjourned to a pub.

This was long before the coming of Television. And because I had been to Croke Park, my neighbours in the pub looked on me as Mohammedans do as one of their people who has been to Mecca.

Of course, there were questions about the match. Who played well? What was the turning point?

I did my best -- but some of those who had heard the game on the wireless questioned my opinions.

Imagination

One man was especially dogmatic. He spoke confidently about those who had played well and he had no doubts about the turning point.

He didn't agree with my opinions. Next day, I discovered that he hadn't even heard the game on the wireless. He had been fishing all day. The imagination is wonderful.

I have a special memory of the Monday night after the All-Ireland final in 1937.

Kerry had beaten Cavan in a memorable game. I was in Griffin's pub-cum-shop in the town with my father. The talk was all Football.

A little man called Eugene Cantillon came in. His name suggested that he was of French origin. He was a cobbler.

He was a small thin man. He had a flat cap and a moustache and a long pointed nose.

On the previous day in Croke Park, the famous John Joe Landers had scored two brilliant goals.

We had action replay in those days. Eugene put two high stools in the middle of the bar and took a big round Spanish onion from the sack and burst into a run and went left around the first stool and right around the second stool and then with his right foot sent the onion flying into the darkness of the street.

This replay was enacted again and again as more people came in and always to great applause. Eugene had a great night. For better or worse none of those big onions hit anybody.

It would have made a great headline in The Kerryman: "Man felled by flying onion in Castle Island's Main Street."

In those long lost but not forgotten days the road to Kerry always seemed short when we won -- but endless when we lost.

I'm sure that the Dubs, despite their loss, didn't worry about their journey home last night.

They are lucky -- even Skerries and Ballyboden aren't very far away. The boys who sport the blue remind me of a concept beloved of Ernest Hemingway. I think of them as the undefeated
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:22 am

Magic stuff Boxty - a magician of words. Best of luck Con ... starting on Monday!

And what I love about Con is that if Dublin won he would be happy ... and genuinely so .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:45 am

Great stuff. Con I believe is under a bit of pressure at the moment,get well Con. I remember his article on the Friday night before the infamous 1982 final. It went something like this 'was down in Castle Island during the week and the Kerry supporters wont hear of defeat but they might be reading about it!' Famous statement. At least this weekend Kerry fans are not as cocky.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:34 pm

The "paddy Cullen" clip from "up for the match brings me back to schooldays memories-
I went to secondary school in a place called Milford about 10 miles north of Letterkenny - beyond Milford its fair to say that civilisation ran thin with the school being a catchment area for Rathmullan, Rathmelton, Milford, the remote Rosguill Penisulla of Downings and Carrigart(home of BOCS Member of Parliament and the even more remote Fanad Pennisula which to those interested in politics would be Blaney heartland.

The pecking order of the schoolyard was that 4th and 5th year owned the "front Yard" - !st and 2nd years were allowed use the edges of the front yard - but third years had use of the "back Court" - it was a long walk but more space.

The house across the road was occupied by a local Vet by the name of "McRory" who had a daughter in my class at school. She was one of two girls in the family which from a Donegal football perspective was a bit of a shame that there was no male Lineage as the father was a brother of Art Mcrory and even more importantly the mother was from Kerry and a sister of Mikey Sheehy.

A remember one day we were in the heat of a lunchtime battle and noticed a black curly head watching the game with interest over the school fence. Once Mikey was recognised the game stopped and he was asked to join - Mikey being a cute Kerryman said he didn't feel right crossing a school fence - so we happily obliged and took the game to the road.And that was the day Mikey Sheehy joined our lunchtime kickaround.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Well do all the Kerry fans heading in to the game- Enjoy it and i hope you have a great day...

But leave empty handed...

cheers
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Jack O'Connor: “I’m caught between a rock and a hard place when talking about the referee because if you say anything about referees you are portrayed as being a whinger so I won’t go down that road.” Well said Jack!! Rolling Eyes

He believes his team had done enough to win the game when they recovered from being three points down to go four up with seven minutes remaining. “We looked to be in control. It looked like we had it. A couple of individual errors brought Dublin into it and the goal was the big one. It got the Hill alive and it gave Dublin the energy to go and finish the game. Maybe if we were a cynical team somebody would have pulled your man down but I suppose that is not in our DNA,” he said.

There are so many Kerry myths out there .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:46 pm

What was the card count out of interest???

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:What was the card count out of interest???

We won that 5-2. Sure McQuillan gave one of our lads one for asking him how much times was left. Ironically he didn't yellow a couple of blatant cynical fouls ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next