GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerry GT News

+18
bocerty
mugsys_barber
Parouisa
GAA-Fan
hipster 2
RMDrive
ollie
Podger
OMAR
The Puke
3inarow08
Jayo Cluxton
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
long.dub.glic
Boxtyeater
mullins
Real Kerry Fan
22 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Kerry GT News Empty Kerry GT News

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Sorry all. Just had to open this thread. Kerry's season will be judged on Saturday evening.Will the defensive/midfield problems be exposed?. Limerick short a player I always admired,John Galvin so that may not help Kerry in judging midfield.Our forwards are doing well BUT forwards without the ball are like a eunach at an orgy. I expect a close one. Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Kerry GT News Empty Re: Kerry GT News

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:33 pm

As triona is as lathair and kerry katriona has been deported I probably will have to post replies myself. Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:As triona is as lathair and kerry katriona has been deported I probably will have to post replies myself. Sad

Good thread RKF triona will be back soon BELIEVE ME pirat
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Sorry all. Just had to open this thread. Kerry's season will be judged on Saturday evening.Will the defensive/midfield problems be exposed?. Limerick short a player I always admired,John Galvin so that may not help Kerry in judging midfield.Our forwards are doing well BUT forwards without the ball are like a eunach at an orgy. I expect a close one. Sad

I must also admit to admiring John Galvin and his loss to Limerick is immense. Frankly, shorn of Galvin, I'm not expecting a lot from them....John Quane was another excellent Limerick midfielder, who together with Galvin, were a big inspiration to the county.
I'm on record here as saying this current Kerry team are no great shakes, so I'll have to stand by that. Kerry by a minimum of 5 all the same.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:23 am

Box I know he will be back soon. Nursing a groin strain (he says) Evil or Very Mad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  long.dub.glic Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Why wasn't Scanlon playing this evening? Donaghy was a little bit clumsy at times but still a great target man to have. The young fella in the corner - O'Leary - got 2 sweet points and could be one to watch.
The subs that came on were all trying to stake a place in the team so training in the Kingdom should be fun for the next month. The backs could struggle against a more potent Cork attack but the weakest link on this Kerry team is Brendan Kealy. He could have done better on the goals and he was dispossessed way to easily when he came out of the goal at end of first half and a better team than (no disrespect intended) Limerick would have got the ball and stuck it in the net.
They'll be happy to be back in a Munster final in Killarney and those who were writing Kerry's obituary after last years loss to Down may have been premature, they are heading in the right direction - again
long.dub.glic
long.dub.glic
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:18 pm

long.dub.glic wrote:Why wasn't Scanlon playing this evening? Donaghy was a little bit clumsy at times but still a great target man to have. The young fella in the corner - O'Leary - got 2 sweet points and could be one to watch.
The subs that came on were all trying to stake a place in the team so training in the Kingdom should be fun for the next month. The backs could struggle against a more potent Cork attack but the weakest link on this Kerry team is Brendan Kealy. He could have done better on the goals and he was dispossessed way to easily when he came out of the goal at end of first half and a better team than (no disrespect intended) Limerick would have got the ball and stuck it in the net.
They'll be happy to be back in a Munster final in Killarney and those who were writing Kerry's obituary after last years loss to Down may have been premature, they are heading in the right direction - again

Scanlon got a head injury in Tipp match and had concussion for a while after. Agree that Kealy is a problem.Not convinced with O'Leary myself. Mid field is a problem and I fear Cork's domination of that sector plus our defence would have to be tighter than Saturday. All the same looking forward to Killarney on 3rd July, always great occasion, win lose or draw. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:10 am

Johnny Culloty

Paidi O'Se - Joe Keohane - Jimmy Deenihan

Sean Murphy - Seamus Moynihan - Mick O'Dwyer

Jack O'Shea - Mick O'Connell

Declan O'Sullivan - Ogie Moran - Pat Spillane

Colm Cooper - Maurice Fitzgerald - Mikey Sheehy
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:49 am

[quote="Loyal2TheRoyal"]
A Team
Dan O'Keeffe

Paidi O'Se - Joe Keohane - Jerome O'Shea

Sean Murphy - Seamus Moynihan - Mick O'Dwyer

Jack O'Shea - Mick O'Connell

Paudi Sheehy - Declan O'Sullivan - Pat Spillane

Colm Cooper - Maurice Fitzgerald - Mikey Sheehy
Very Happy
B Team.

Johnny Culloty

Marc O'Se - John O'Keeffe -Paidi Lynch
Tommy Doyle-- Tim Kennelly-Tom Prendergast

Paddy Kennedy -- Sean Walsh

Ger Power-- Tom Long--Brendan Lynch

Tadghie Lyne-- Bomber--John Egan
Very Happy

Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:58 am

And the likes of Dick Fitzgerald, Pat 'Aeroplane' O'Shea, Tomas O'Se and Dara O'Se would be a great start to a 'C' team!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Just saw the Kerry team for Sunday.Severe worries about midfield + Eoin Brosnan at CH back.I will travel more with hope than confidence meeting the best team in the country.Hopefully the management know more than me. : Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Madness dropping Cadogan for Canty.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:26 am

Cadogan liable to see red after 20 - Canty would probably get nearer the 30 mark ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Cadigan dropped because Paul not playing! Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Cadigan dropped because Paul not playing! Very Happy

Have we seen the last of Galvin?

As Patrique says, the only reason he was ever brought into the Kerry set-up was to counter-act the Tyrone style. Now that their threat has subsided, Galvin can quietly slip away.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Have we seen the last of Galvin? ....... the only reason he was ever brought into the Kerry set-up was to counter-act the Tyrone style.

Damned unfair there L. The man has done so much more than that for style through his Indo column and TV appearances ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Have we seen the last of Galvin? ....... the only reason he was ever brought into the Kerry set-up was to counter-act the Tyrone style.

Damned unfair there L. The man has done so much more than that for style through his Indo column and TV appearances ....

Wahey.......BOOM BOOM! Razz

How're ye lads?

RKF, told you I'd be back - the season starts here. Time for the Kerry lads to start training now!
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:30 am

3inarow08 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

How're ye lads?

RKF, told you I'd be back - the season starts here. Time for the Kerry lads to start training now!

How time's have changed in Kerry,i remember a time when the season didn't start till September Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:25 pm

mullins wrote:
3inarow08 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

How're ye lads?

How time's have changed in Kerry,i remember a time when the season didn't start till September Rolling Eyes

No mullins it always started at the Munster final,then over a two month rest to late september Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Got a bit of a wobbler on Sunday evening when I heard Declan got straight red card for South Kerry v Crokes. The I discovered that club sendings off do not carry forward to inter county in recent years. When did rule changed? I believe Declan could be facing a long suspension as he lost the plot completly and took on Eoin Brosnon plus two others and would have continued only that the Gooch had a chat with him. Any out there at the county matches last Sunday? Triona you have enough in your plate sorting out the Firies/Listry parish rule. Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:58 am

Well all you Kingdom posters Sad we are back in Croke park. I reckon we will get a serious test from Limerick. They have a few tough matches behind them and the previous meeting is irrelevant. Limerick will not lack courage and have some very good forwards who could test our defence when running at them, which Cork did second half in Killarney.Also our lads would want to watch their discipline and not get cards which could be costly. Walk away from confrontation boys. I expect that we will prevail but by no more than 3 points. Smile
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Well all you Kingdom posters Sad we are back in Croke park. I reckon we will get a serious test from Limerick. They have a few tough matches behind them and the previous meeting is irrelevant. Limerick will not lack courage and have some very good forwards who could test our defence when running at them, which Cork did second half in Killarney.Also our lads would want to watch their discipline and not get cards which could be costly. Walk away from confrontation boys. I expect that we will prevail but by no more than 3 points. Smile

Rolling Eyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Rolling Eyes
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Micko on the box last night,seems to think its all done and dusted Kerry's to lose..

Who would you like to play in the final RKF Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:23 pm

Dublin Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan