GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavan GG News

+33
Podger
Parouisa
gaamad1996
Royal_Girl2k9
3inarow08
beer baron
drungrebel
Thomas Clarke
gsmithy
OMAR
GAAGenious
GAA-Fan
Armaghgeddon
bocerty
johnnos bulls
Loyal2TheRoyal
mugsys_barber
Sawyer
scoopmine
KerryKatriona
RMDrive
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
mossbags
Grenvile
Real Kerry Fan
Boxtyeater
mullins
SamiPremier08
bald eagle
mid-mon man
Dougal
Jayo Cluxton
37 posters

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Cavan GG News - Page 13 Empty Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Dougal Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:32 pm

is james back home,or was it a different james reilly that got married a few weeks ago?
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  drungrebel Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:39 pm

Home today as far as i know, wud ya take him back on the county team?

drungrebel
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan
Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:43 pm

fintans not doing too bad but james is one of the best in the country,theres noone in the county that wouldnt like to see him back.im not talking for the wicklow game,but def for next year.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  drungrebel Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Yeah i hope he goes back next year he is a class above anyone else in the county anyway.

drungrebel
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan
Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Cavan fans are taking over
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Nowhere else to go after Saturday..... Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_study
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Nowhere else to go after Saturday..... Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_study

A prediction of your own future status? Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_wink
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:20 pm

RMDrive wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:Nowhere else to go after Saturday..... Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_study

One of our counties is also on that list RMD Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_razz
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:22 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
RMDrive wrote:

One of our counties is also on that list RMD Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_razz

Not this Saturday lad!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:23 pm

RMDrive wrote:

We don't like playing on Saturdays. We'll stick to the old formula...Sunday for football. Thank you... Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_lol
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
RMDrive wrote:

We don't like playing on Saturdays. We'll stick to the old formula...Sunday for football. Thank you... Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_lol

Doh! Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_geek
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Well a chairde - is our season about to come to an abrupt end? 25 pages of posts which began with messages invoking the Breffni greats, full of optimism, hope and goodwill has descended into rancour, infighting and - horror of horrors - a loss to a near neighbour who have as much pedigree as a mongrel at Crufts. Maybe the sceptics who did not buy into our dream were right ... they did not buy the line in their own pragmatic way but I'd like to think they have missed an astonishing journey ... at least thus far. How they could not side with an inoffensive county like Cavan is beyond me. Have you ever seen Co. Cavan cause any international incident? Get involved in strife in the middle east? Stockpile nuclear arms? Expel diplomats? Erect blockades? No you have not!

But has Jayo sold us the ultimate pig in a poke? Not content with drawing North Korea in the World Cup sweep the eternal optimist chose life ... chose Cavan! And if super power Wickla continue their domination over all things Ulster then our sad little journey will end prematurely..... before we even get the tracksuits off! We will have enjoyed (hardly) two hours and twenty minutes of the Championship season ...

So call it lads - will we be glued to the tv sets waiting for our next qualifier opponent (bring on Cork!) - or will we be looking ot other sports - perhaps trying to piggyback the success of the Maguire twins and gain the ultimate revenge on Fermanagh! And if it is to be bitter defeat will we then hook up with Micko - in the hope that in this, his 106th season, he can deliver for the Garden county ... and free them from their one claim to fame to date ... Glenroe! Ah maybe we'll just adopt Kerry and Kilkenny to hell .. at least it'll get us to September .. twice!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:54 pm

cant see us winning this one.givney is injured,no cullivan to replace him,good chance we'll see nic walsh in midfield if hes not injured.im guessing the wickla midfield will be stafford and dalton.we dont have much of a hope against them.theres always the minors to look forward to.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:58 pm

Givney injured, Paul Brady gone off to win another world title, Ray Cullivan off scoring 2-5 for his club to show TC what he's missing.. I'd take a fair guess at most of the team having been on the sauce since the loss to Fermanagh.. Well at least there's no music festivals on at the minute.. Can't see anything but a Wicklow win here. Saying that it's in our own back yard and Wicklow are far from world beaters especially outside fortress Aughrim.. Perhaps my faith is just at an all time low but I still can't see Cavan doing it..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:06 am

Ah jaysus lads - what am I gonna do with all these t-shirts ... Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_sad

Brady is a fine athlete but kicked horrendous wides in the first half of the Fermanagh game. I am beginning to think the game is up here alright. Givney is a huge loss in more ways than one. Wicklow were a bit lucky to win this one last year but subsequently built confidence and will have no fear of Breffni Park. Not promising!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:11 am

Maybe Beer Baron can save us ............. Cavan GG News - Page 13 Affraid
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:17 am

But dammit I can't help hold onto a bit of hope.. Cavan are a lot better without the weight of expectation on them. We have a better scoring forward line this year.. Mackey surely can't have 2 nightmares in a row and TC might throw caution to the wind and give D. McKiernan a go.. And heroics in 2009 aside Wicklow are still Wicklow. I regret chosing Wicklow in the tipster what was I at... If they win I refuse to take the points JC!!

C'MON CAVAN!!!!!!

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:45 am

Have faith Jayo, we've still got the Juniors who WILL take the Leinster title against Louth!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  beer baron Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:15 am

And in rides beer baron on his noble steed to save the day.I'm in no way at all confident about tomorrows match to be honest but i hope we sneak a win.Looking at the team there and it looks poor with players out of position and no johnston starting(though i dont think he should start),hope Martin Reilly has a good game,dedicated young lad with plenty of abiity that gets a lot of stick for being too light but he's went on a number of training regimes and diets etc to bulk up but it just wont happen for him,hope he does well to shut up a few mouths.Trying to find a price for Mc cutcheon for 1st goal but no bookies offering prices for him-i'm like a weasel! Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_mad
beer baron
beer baron
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan
Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:34 am

I hate to bring this up ... but in the unlikely event of Cavan losing tomorrow evening then GAATipster's summer comes to an abrupt halt. Unless ... we curse piggyback some other team. ABD though .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:41 am

Any word on why Johnston's not starting BB?? Martin Reilly in fairness has yet to produce at county level. Tends to foul a lot in the tracking back and apart from a great place kicking display v Fermanagh last year he didn't have a good year. But I hope he does well, always very good for Killigarry.

Wicklow seem very confident going into this.. I read the interview with Glynn, as much as said delighted with getting Cavan, shouldn't be a big problem.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  beer baron Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:47 am

Jonsmith wrote:Any word on why Johnston's not starting BB?? Martin Reilly in fairness has yet to produce at county level. Tends to foul a lot in the tracking back and apart from a great place kicking display v Fermanagh last year he didn't have a good year. But I hope he does well, always very good for Killigarry.

Wicklow seem very confident going into this.. I read the interview with Glynn, as much as said delighted with getting Cavan, shouldn't be a big problem.

I dunno if its mind games and johnston will start or if he's not able.The amount of strapping on his arm for the Fermanagh game was a joke-if his arm needed that much strapping he shouldn't have been playing,maybe it's not much better and Carr reckons it's worth playing fuly fit players instead due to Johnstons average performane the last day but with Carr god knows! Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_eek
beer baron
beer baron
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan
Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:02 am

Wicklow overnighting in the Landmark in Carrick..the team are having "a few" in Dunnes, doubtless prior to heading to Rockin' Robins...Dwyer regaling locals with anecdotes of days and years past.."Twill be a great game of football, I'll tell ye' that" is his prediction.."Cavan have plenty history but we don't fear tradition, tradition is a Kerry thing solely"..

Wicklow are, apparently bullish!!!
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Won't be a Cavan man, woman or child in Breffni without a tear in their eye after that!

Seven points down, thirteen men and staring defeat in the face! Passion, courage, bravery, what a comeback!

Nesty kicked the equalising '45 and no sooner had the Wicklow goalie kicked the ball out, then Jelly had kicked the winner! Epic stuff, reminds of Jody in 1997!
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:48 pm

Twas the GT backing that got the lads over the line! Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_cheers

Well done Cavan - we never doubted ye!! Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_redface

And ye put one over on Micko! Cavan GG News - Page 13 Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down