GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavan GG News

+33
Podger
Parouisa
gaamad1996
Royal_Girl2k9
3inarow08
beer baron
drungrebel
Thomas Clarke
gsmithy
OMAR
GAAGenious
GAA-Fan
Armaghgeddon
bocerty
johnnos bulls
Loyal2TheRoyal
mugsys_barber
Sawyer
scoopmine
KerryKatriona
RMDrive
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
mossbags
Grenvile
Real Kerry Fan
Boxtyeater
mullins
SamiPremier08
bald eagle
mid-mon man
Dougal
Jayo Cluxton
37 posters

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Cavan GG News - Page 12 Empty Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Dougal Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:23 pm

obviously two of the gaels,who in their right mind would only go to a game if walsh was playing?a good club footballer and puts in alot of time at county level,but hes just not good enough.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Well one thing is No one can accuse the cavan forwards of over-passing the ball. Mackey in particular

Paddy Power 6/1 the draw at the moment looks a value punt.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:29 pm

15 minutes to go. This will be decided by how much Marty McGrath has left in the tank. If he can see it through to the end playing as he is now, Fermanagh will win.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Always going to be the full-back line that was Cavan's undoing, and sure enough there were all over the place when the goal was scored. Rory Dunne must be injured? Big loss. As was Eugene Keating, Gearoid McKiernan and Bud Fitzpatrick, only one u21 started for Cavan. Surely, more deserved to be in there after their couple of performances earlier on in the year.

The game was up when Lorcan Mulvey came trapsing onto the pitch, that should have been Cullivan. Better still, Cullivan should have started instead of Galligan. Asking far too much of the Mountnugent star Givney, expecting him to do the work of two men and then, it was a last throw of the dice putting him FF. He looked to be injured for the whole of the second half too. I'll be surprised if Mackey is let back into Castlerahan tonight, that must be the final straw for him and his inter-county career.

Last edited by Loyal2TheRoyal on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:04 pm

Players who should be dropped for the Qualifiers
Martin Cahill
Michael Hannon
Ciaran Galligan
Lorcan Mulvey
Ronan Flanagan
Cian Mackey
Martin Reilly
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:11 pm

Entertaining game but probably cos both teams so near each other in terms of ability. Don't think Monaghan will be too worried. Givney is a great prospect though.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Entertaining game but probably cos both teams so near each other in terms of ability. Don't think Monaghan will be too worried. Givney is a great prospect though.

Terrified! We can't beat Fermanagh to save our lives, and they've even found a few forwards. Tough times.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:15 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Entertaining game but probably cos both teams so near each other in terms of ability. Don't think Monaghan will be too worried. Givney is a great prospect though.

Yeah the best midfielder in Ireland right now Jayo! Marty McGrath stuck the knee in him at the end of the first half as well and I think it caught up with him in the second half.

It appears Cullivan had every right to walk. Ciaran Galligan did not want to know about it, how he was kept in the panel after last year, let alone a first choice midfielder yet again, is a question that only Tommy Carr can answer.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Loyal I think Tommy C may only have one game left at the helm tbh.

MMM - the standard of your performance last week would blow either team tonight out of the water.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Loyal I think Tommy C may only have one game left at the helm tbh.

MMM - the standard of your performance last week would blow either team tonight out of the water.

the question is can Monaghan put decent back to back performances together its been an issue for them in the past - i'd still fancy them but it wont be easy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:06 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Loyal I think Tommy C may only have one game left at the helm tbh.

Perhaps but I doubt we'll play like that against Fermanagh. The favourites tag never sits right with us, Fermanagh have absolutely nothing to lose and will relish going in against a team who the've got the indian sign over. Very tough game in prospect.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:10 am

There is a huge gulf in standard between tonight's game - though entertaining - and Monaghan v Armagh. If the Farney are to finally nail an Anglo Celt then you have to believe they will be at least 6 points better than Fermanagh - having been 9 better than Armagh - and with Tyrone (probably) waiting in the Final. ( I don't rate Down)
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:25 am

I had a labour intensive ( but worthwhile day ) and watched this game in "delayed time"..
The Cavan full back line were woeful and their forwards were physically way too lightweight..That said, had Cavan made better use of the possession they had, they'd have been out the gate...
Credit to the Fermanagh back-room boys, they threw on a big lump of a lad (Quigley?) who, apart from scoring 2 good points, created a focal point to their attack and gave them extra options...And then they had:
Marty McGrath...Tireless, available, contesting, scrabbling, tackling, driving forward, encouraging lads, the epitomy of what great countymen are made of...

Carr's **** on the bacon-slicer.. Cavan GG News - Page 12 Icon_biggrin
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:21 am

loyal,id give you the job as cavan manager ahead of tom carr.not a notion does the lad have.some of the players were woeful,and thats not all carrs fault,but i think he deserves the most blame.the lads came out for the second half 2 points up and knowing they could of been another 2 or 3 up,and they looked like the had just lost an all ireland final and were expected to play a challenge game after it,none of them looked interested,having 15 lads that arent interested cant be there fault,theres obviously something wrong in the dressing rooms.i hope i wake up to find that carr has quit.stick terry hyland in temporarily,hes a selector,so knows the team inside out,this year alone he has gotten lavey to an intermediate ulster club final,the u21s to an ulster final and juniors to a leinster final.tactically hes nothing more than average,but he can get a team fired up and wanting to play.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:31 am

also well done to fermanagh,wont beat monaghan based on both of their performances,but you'd never know what might happen.hopefully they will give them a good game.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:33 am

Tommy Carr is the worst manager in football, has been for years, he at least found some kindered spirits in Cavan footballing circles.
GT backed the wrong horse with these Cavan spoofers fo sho.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:34 am

Dougal wrote:loyal,id give you the job as cavan manager ahead of tom carr.not a notion does the lad have.some of the players were woeful,and thats not all carrs fault,but i think he deserves the most blame.the lads came out for the second half 2 points up and knowing they could of been another 2 or 3 up,and they looked like the had just lost an all ireland final and were expected to play a challenge game after it,none of them looked interested,having 15 lads that arent interested cant be there fault,theres obviously something wrong in the dressing rooms.i hope i wake up to find that carr has quit.stick terry hyland in temporarily,hes a selector,so knows the team inside out,this year alone he has gotten lavey to an intermediate ulster club final,the u21s to an ulster final and juniors to a leinster final.tactically hes nothing more than average,but he can get a team fired up and wanting to play.

I have no desire to dissect or analyse your post Dougal, but reading between the lines and having watched the game, if this is what Carr and Cavan can produce in terms of "respect of your county jersey" then ye're future is bleak...

We're out next Sunday, shorne of 4 starting forwards, but we'll die in the trenches
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:01 am

Cavan team for the qualifiers:

Fintan Reilly

Eoin McPhillips - Rory Dunne (injured?) - Eammon Reilly

Paul Brady - John McCutcheon (injured?) - Eugene Keating (injured?)

David Givney - Gearoid McKiernan (USA?)

Ado Cole (uninterested?) - Gareth Smith - Mark McKeever

Seanie Johnston - Ray Cullivan (retired?) - Gerald Pierson (London?)
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Dunnes in the USA as well Keating I duno what the story is with him...
Very dissapointng show soon as Cavan stopped playing at midfield in the second half game was up Givney trying to do the work of three men and Galligan well he would make a great invisible man.. No game plan after 2 years in the job Seanie Johnsen and mackey looked like one had insulted the others family and no way would they pass to each other lost count off the times they got blocked down!
Very dissapointing...
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:11 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Cavan team for the qualifiers:

Fintan Reilly

Eoin McPhillips - Rory Dunne (injured?) - Eammon Reilly

Paul Brady - John McCutcheon (injured?) - Eugene Keating (injured?)

David Givney - Gearoid McKiernan (USA?)

Ado Cole (uninterested?) - Gareth Smith - Mark McKeever

Seanie Johnston - Ray Cullivan (retired?) - Gerald Pierson (London?)

mcphillips isnt good enough IMO.dunne is gone to america and i dont think he wants to play under carr.eammon reilly was on the squad for a while this year,i dont know if he was dropped or lost interest.mccutcheon is injured.not sure about keating.mckiernan is in america.cole prob still has work commitments in england,although im not sure.cullivan quit.pierson is back playing with gowna for the last month or 2.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Very disappointed.. Really thought we'd take this one. Inexperience let us down. That and a terrible fullback line. I thought we played a lot better than Fermanagh for most of the game. McKeever was very good and Givney had his moments but Galligan done a disappearing act (yet again) and we were cleaned out in the second half and Carr watched and done nothing, what was he holding back Mulvey for the Junior game or something? Maddening to watch Johnston, 70 minutes of petulance interrupted by a few flashed of brilliance.

Wicklow in Breffni in the qualifiers. For Carr to justify staying we need to beat them and then win another game or two depending on the draw. Won't happen. Now officially the worst in Ulster. Dark days. No

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  drungrebel Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Cavan GG News - Page 12 Iwhjdl

drungrebel
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank