GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meath vs Dublin

+10
johnnos bulls
JOLearysgloves
JimWexford
RMDrive
rich dublin
bocerty
mid-mon man
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
patrique
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Meath vs Dublin - Page 4 Empty Re: Meath vs Dublin

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:25 pm

The problem with Meath was that we have no scorers.

McAnarney scored two points but he is a half back. He shouldn't have been taken off so soon either but he's not a profilic scorer, he'll probably never score more two points in a Meath jersey.

Bray was injured yesterday. In any case, he was poor in the League and he was poor with O'Mahonys all year - a pale shadow of his former self.

Meade, the less said the better. He was never in the game. He's a midfielder.

Ward did ok but missed too many frees which I said would haunt us at the time. He can run at players, he's got pace but sometimes struggles a bit to win ball.

King is a half-back. Unlike Ward, he can win ball but when he does, he dosen't know what to do with it. There was times yesteday when he looked like a penguin in a desert, he just wasn't sure what is going on.

Farrell has been the best forward in Meath for some time now. I would say he's as good as Gooch or any of them. Unfortunetely for us he was half-fit yesterday. He played well given his circumstances but when he comes back to full form, he'll destroy any defender in this country.

The midfielders never got to grips with O'Connell and Magee who are no brilliant footballers. We picked up **** all breaking ball too, that was the most disappointing part. The one area I thought we could dominate, we struggled in. It was a poor Meath performance by our usual standards.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4