GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meath V Dublin

+13
mid-mon man
GAA-Fan
Boxtyeater
bocerty
Loyal2TheRoyal
Bermuda_Bomber
Shinners
redhandman
Thomas Clarke
bald eagle
mullins
Jayo Cluxton
GAAGenious
17 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Meath V Dublin Empty Meath V Dublin

Post  GAAGenious Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Well i expect Dublin to be alot better than the team that showed up against Wexford. I think Meath could also be feeling the effects of 160 minutes of football against Loais in 1 week. For me this game potentially could be a cracking game of football but Maybe Meath might drop off after 55-60 minutes and Dublin could run it out by 5-6-7 points. on the other hand a Draw is on the cards but I dont see Meath leaving croke park witha win but it will be a good game no doubt. If the same Dublin team from last week turn up the game will be over after 20 minutes with Joe and O Rourke on fire, but I cant see Dublin being a ***** to be perfectly honest ! Meath V Dublin Icon_eek
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo
Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Meath V Dublin Empty Re: Meath V Dublin

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Not really looking forward to this one. Meath have been a bit erratic - but have a couple of good outings under their belt. Disagree totally re tiredness GG - games bring players on a ton at this time of year and the replay will stand to them. These lads are fitter than pro soccer players. I dunno what Gilroy will do about our first half showing v Wexford but if we produce more of the same it will be curtains. If Meath get 6/7 ahead there will be no coming back.

The things going in Dublin's favour are that the Royals have injury problems -especially in midfield, and their defence is a bit suspect, Paddy O'Rourke's kick-outs will and missed and also they still dunno where to play Moyles. Gilroy will surely learn how good/bad his full back line is faced by a very good FF line. It may be just the game Dublin need after the Wexford game - or maybe the very one they don't want!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:53 am

Cant see Dublin winning this very poor team this year average forwards no backs no midfield our 2 best players suspended..Leaving the sat nav in to be updated haven't used it in years Meath V Dublin Icon_sad Meath V Dublin Icon_sad
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:27 am

Yes I have been scanning the qualifier teams and looking for good places to visit. I quite fancy a trip to Leitrim meself!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:32 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Yes I have been scanning the qualifier teams and looking for good places to visit. I quite fancy a trip to Leitrim meself!

Who would ye support if ye were drawn against Cavan Jayo (if they were to meet in a hypothetical type of way)

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Lads dosnt really matter who yee draw, The game will be in Croke park the GAA will make sure of it again. The Wexford game was supposed to be in Wexford Park but the changed it to Croke Park. But i think a game against Mayo, Derry or Donegall would be nice, and away if possible. The other issue there is if yee do get a team away youll have feck all support because Dub fans dont travel for the most part. !
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:09 pm

GAAGenious wrote:The other issue there is if yee do get a team away youll have feck all support because Dub fans dont travel for the most part. !

Totally untrue. Sure they travel to Manchester in their thousands every weekend.... Meath V Dublin Icon_twisted
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Yes I have been scanning the qualifier teams and looking for good places to visit. I quite fancy a trip to Leitrim meself!

must be listening to 2 fm in the morning for the lovely letrim facts then JC ? its true they dont have any traffice lights!.

dubs should win and is o rourke not suspended after getting the line last sunday?
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:38 pm

bald eagle wrote:

Who would ye support if ye were drawn against Cavan Jayo (if they were to meet in a hypothetical type of way)

Meath V Dublin Suspect Hypothetical me **** BE - Dubs all the way! Meath V Dublin Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:49 pm

I see the Dubs ain't staying in a hotel the night before the game as they did before Wexford. Proper order too - how can a player have 6 or 7 pints when the management are wandering around the hotel!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Bastic is suspended but he is far from Dublins best player! Brennan unfortunately is not suspended but Giller should leave him on the bench to prove a point.
Injuries/Suspensions/Impact of Subs v Wexford, my starting 15 would be:

1. Cluxton
2. McMahon
3. Fitzsimons
4. O'Sullivan
5. Henry
6. Cahill
7. Cullen
8. Fennell
9. Flynn
10. A. Brogan
11. McAuley
12. C. Keaney
13. T. Quinn
14. B. Brogan
15. McMenamon

O'Rourke will be a huge loss for Meath. It will be interesting to see how Dublins new full back line fare out against a decent Meath attack. Will Moyles pick up one of his club-mates Alan or Bernard? Meath were less than convincing against Offaly and then against Laois in the drawn game but they were impressive against Laois in the replay, will that upward curve continue?
Dublin always start very rusty but are they meeting Meath too soon?
Either way, hoping for a decent game!!!
COYBIB Very Happy

Last edited by Shinners on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:43 pm

I don't mind really. It'd be good for Leinster if Meath got to a final - they haven't been in one since 2001. We'll just take our chances in the backdoor - like everyone says we should. Who knows - two points to spare over Carlow, a goal over Clare, maybe a point against Leitrim, five against Fermanagh before a one point win over Louth in the Final ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Shinners wrote:Sorry Mullins, Dublins 2 best players are suspended? Please tell me you are being sarcastic? Bastic is woeful at best. To the best of my knowledge, Brennan is unfortunately not suspended

Sorry shinners got brennan wrong..Ive being told brennan will start v Meath no place for cullen -cian out for 2 more weeks ...Alan still 50/50 if giller thinks hes good enough to start..If giller fooks up the weekend with stupid defensive tactics were gone simple as that......
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:53 pm

GAAGenious wrote:Lads dosnt really matter who yee draw, The game will be in Croke park the GAA will make sure of it again. The Wexford game was supposed to be in Wexford Park but the changed it to Croke Park. But i think a game against Mayo, Derry or Donegall would be nice, and away if possible. The other issue there is if yee do get a team away youll have feck all support because Dub fans dont travel for the most part. !

Always travel in the Championship Meath V Dublin Icon_razz
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:02 pm

mullins wrote:
GAAGenious wrote:Lads dosnt really matter who yee draw, The game will be in Croke park the GAA will make sure of it again. The Wexford game was supposed to be in Wexford Park but the changed it to Croke Park. But i think a game against Mayo, Derry or Donegall would be nice, and away if possible. The other issue there is if yee do get a team away youll have feck all support because Dub fans dont travel for the most part. !

In fairness I counted about 30 Laois lads in Croker the day of the draw ..... Meath V Dublin Icon_rolleyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mullins wrote:

In fairness I counted about 30 Laois lads in Croker the day of the draw ..... Meath V Dublin Icon_rolleyes

Jayo make up your mind one day your saying you don't go in till 4-35 now your saying you seen Laois fans in croker..... Meath V Dublin Suspect So your not really a sunshine supporter like me Meath V Dublin Icon_pirat
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Those Laois fans were there supporting their club-mate Mr Cluxton Razz
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:14 pm

I was in at about 2.35 mullins - I thought our game was first!!! When Laois scored I though it was us in the new Vodafone kit before some bloke in an Ireland shirt (they are the green ones with Kepak yeah?) said it was Laois. Jesus I was embarrassed cos I was just after roaring 'Go wan Whelo!' when their number 8 got the ball and was sure Jayo got the point too!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Shinners wrote:Those Laois fans were there supporting their club-mate Mr Cluxton Razz

Thats why i tipped Laois in tipsters Meath V Dublin Icon_razz
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:22 am

Shinners wrote:
O'Rourke will be a huge loss for Meath.

In O rourke do you Mean Shane or the goalkeeper? Shane is playing is he not so i persume you mean the keeper, but he isnt a huge loss in fairness. O Rourke is in the nets because his kickouts go abit further but there no 2 keeper is actually a better shot stopper and a few meters in the kickouts wont be a ' huge ' loss as both midfields will strugle anyway !
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bermuda_Bomber Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Paddy O'Rourke's kick-outs will be a loss but that's about all we lose with him suspended, Murphy is a class keeper and more than capable, think it was 2007 he was outstanding against the Dubs. Glad to see the backs tightened up quite a bit the last day against Laois, if either of the Brogan's were to get the space McNamee was given in our first game then we could ship a big score. At the same time, I'd fancy our forwards to put up a decent score as well. Graham Reilly will get a fair bit of attention the way he's playing, so will Joe, Brayer hasn't been in great form but maybe this is the game to kick-start his season. Shane O'Rourke is a great footballer and hopefully the few games he's played brings him on as he's missed a lot of football.

I think midfield is where the game will ultimately swing. If McAuley and Fennell start then I'd be more fearful, especially with doubts over Crawford's fitness. Brian Meade seems to be improving a lot so I reckon whoever gets the upper hand around the middle will edge it. Would love to be there for it and I'm hopeful that Meath can sneak a point or two win.
Bermuda_Bomber
Bermuda_Bomber
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Meath
Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 am

mullins - I'm hoping to get along for the second half. I just hope to God that our game against Germany doesn't go to ET & penos. Brutal to pay €15 for a ticket and be wandering in to see Louth and Laois. Why don't they let us kick off second? It'd get the country folk out of Dublin early enough for us to hose it down too. Must ring Liveline tomorrow.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:31 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:mullins - I'm hoping to get along for the second half. I just hope to God that our game against Germany doesn't go to ET & penos. Brutal to pay €15 for a ticket and be wandering in to see Louth and Laois. Why don't they let us kick off second? It'd get the country folk out of Dublin early enough for us to hose it down too. Must ring Liveline tomorrow.

Jc i wouldn't use that hill ticket -you will probably be the only Dub on it, my information is its going to rain and everyone is watching all the matchs from the bars around our beloved capital-SURE ITS ONLY MEATH- I have spare childs ticket if you want to go to the stand.... Meath V Dublin 434406
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:32 am

mullins wrote:Jc i wouldn't use that hill ticket -you will probably be the only Dub on it, my information is its going to rain and everyone is watching all the matchs from the bars around our beloved capital-SURE ITS ONLY MEATH- I have spare childs ticket if you want to go to the stand.... Meath V Dublin 434406

Rain mullins??!?!?! Jaysus if it's not fair weather I probably won't go then. I'll wait for the final. Great news this week that herself might be visiting next year. Hope she brings the World Cup with her. Looking forward to getting out and waving the flag ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Can see dublin winning by 8 points
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank