GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Division 1

+13
The Puke
bluearmy1
Boxtyeater
OMAR
Grenvile
samin12
RMDrive
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA-Fan
Thomas Clarke
Real Kerry Fan
bocerty
Parouisa
17 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NFL Division 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Division 1

Post  patsymc Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:15 am

are donegal on setanda sunday
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 am

patsymc wrote:are donegal on setanda sunday

Its on Saturday evening Patsymc at 7.15pm - I'd imagine it definitely is on Setanta.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Parouisa wrote:

Its on Saturday evening Patsymc at 7.15pm - I'd imagine it definitely is on Setanta.

tank you i hoped you boys play within the rules this time
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:09 pm

What is your take on Donegal Patsy?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:What is your take on Donegal Patsy?

looking forward to the game with dublin,i dont get to see them much as i live in london,only stating useing the internet recently,so hoping to learn a bit more about them through this outlet,it will be hard to beat a dublin team in front of their own fans on there home pitch,and i hear donegal are being more attacking at the moment,hard to know where donegal are at because we have being so bad in previous years,like the young players are very exciting from what i hear and read,and donegal were unlucky last year against dublin,not sure what tactics they will use saturday really dont know whats going to happen this year thats my honest answer,tyrone are going well again could they be a dark horse for sam

its ignorant not the answer a mans question

Last edited by patsymc on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:46 pm

patsymc wrote:
Parouisa wrote:

I can't make any jokes about this - I only have the one dimension - but we'll do our best.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Parouisa wrote:
patsymc wrote:
Parouisa wrote:

I can't make any jokes about this - I only have the one dimension - but we'll do our best.

like youre team
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:38 am

Ciaran McKeever's ban has been lifted pending an investigation. This means he is now allowed to play against Down this evening. Good news for Armagh in the short term, but this might mean he will miss he Ulster opener instead.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:57 am

GAA-Fan wrote:Ciaran McKeever's ban has been lifted pending an investigation. This means he is now allowed to play against Down this evening. Good news for Armagh in the short term, but this might mean he will miss he Ulster opener instead.

Great news! Delighted for Ciaran! Twisted Evil
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:06 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:Ciaran McKeever's ban has been lifted pending an investigation. This means he is now allowed to play against Down this evening. Good news for Armagh in the short term, but this might mean he will miss he Ulster opener instead.

Great news! Delighted for Ciaran! Twisted Evil

I suppose he is needed now because there are so many players missing and he is the leader at the minute. When Tyrone come along we will have the Cross contingent back and hopefully a few injuries would have cleared up.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:25 am

Perhaps GF, but in the tight confines of the Athletic Grounds, I'd rather be facing Armagh without McKeever than with him.

Risky call, but it could work out if he is exonerated. Maybe that is what was behind Armagh withdrawing their complaint about the abuse - clemency for McKeever, or a reduced ban? Only speculating.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:59 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Perhaps GF, but in the tight confines of the Athletic Grounds, I'd rather be facing Armagh without McKeever than with him.

Risky call, but it could work out if he is exonerated. Maybe that is what was behind Armagh withdrawing their complaint about the abuse - clemency for McKeever, or a reduced ban? Only speculating.

TC, there is speculation that McKeever was not reported by the linesman but it was the 4th official - who does not have any say in who gets sent off. So he could very well be free to play against Tyrone as long as he dosent get sent off in any of the remaining fixtures.

Must admit though, this whole saga sounds even more suspicious.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:02 pm

If he wears ear plugs he should be ok .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Another 2 players injured tonight for Armagh...that was before HT.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Somehow Armagh won by a point, and scored an impressive 1-14.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Entertaining game in Croker last night. Just shows the real difference in League and C'ship football. Chalk and cheese really.

Connolly paying very well and some of the newer lads such as Cooper and Rock and Kelly acquitted themselves well. McManamin was a bit of a curates egg but got on the ball plenty. MD McAuley will take some stopping in MF this year when the action really starts - awesome talent. Nice to hit that type of score with very little Brogan contribution and a lot of other lads to come back in.

Donegal were ok but if anything happens MM could be in trouble. Also - even in their pre-match drills it was 100% handpassing! A little bit of work on footpassing could help their summer. I expect them to be around at the tail end with Down as well.

Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:14 pm

jesus donegal really put it up the all ireland champion,jimmy will be very happy thought the game turnd on the murphy tackle,that man is a giant if jimmy can keep him on the field i see a light at the end of the tunnell,it looked like donegal are improving all the time,no harm done in losing that game,it was all to play for till dublin got 2 lates calls,their was no coming back after that,great to see them on the box though
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:38 pm

There is plenty of light alright. The one thing I would worry about is have Donegal real strength in depth? Also as I said earlier their handpassing game requires huge levels of fitness and endurance - mixing it up with footpassing would give lads a bit of a break. The only long footpassing last night was long balls into MM at FF- without a great deal of success as the system allows him to be double teamed.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  banjo Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:01 pm

So much about the blue army only 28,000 bothered to turn up for a double headed , sure Wolves would get more for a carling cup fixture

banjo
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Official attendance given was just shy of 24k.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:12 pm

I saw quite a bit of the Dublin/Donegal game on tv, and it seemed to be a good contest. Parouisa is right when he talks about Donegal's lack of depth, as it is this that sees them struggle most in comparison to the other top sides. Donegal were without Kavanagh and McFadden, and lost Murphy for the crucial closing stages. They clearly can't afford to be without players like that, and keeping their key men fit will be as important as anything for them this summer.

The Dubs, on the other hand, look a better proposition than last year. Some of their players are still improving and, at this stage, they look like the side everyone will have to beat this year.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Watching Michael Murphy on Saturday night clearly in a bit of trouble after half time I was thinking why doesn't McGuinness just take him off. He was left on for another 10 minutes - including an attempt at a long range free (which can't have helped his knee) and which he missed by a most unMurphylike margin. Now it appears he has to have an operation. I dunno if it made any difference but I'm quite sure the extra 10 minutes soldiering on did the bloke no favours at all. Seemed stupid to me on Saturday night and even more so now.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:07 pm

Doesn't look good for the lad alright, big blow to Donegal who seem to really struggle without him.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:02 pm

Dublin being destroyed by Mayo. 0-16 to 0-6 with 27 minutes left. Paul Flynn sent off and Connolly should have gone earlier. Shame to see them resort to such tactics. Very poor stuff from the AI champions, but some very intense football from the Connaught men.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Connolly gone now too. He was walking a tightrope. Rory O'Carroll should also have got the line for a kick earlier. Very indisciplined performance from Dublin. 19-7 with 10 mins left.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next