GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Division 1

+13
The Puke
bluearmy1
Boxtyeater
OMAR
Grenvile
samin12
RMDrive
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA-Fan
Thomas Clarke
Real Kerry Fan
bocerty
Parouisa
17 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NFL Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Division 1

Post  OMAR Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:04 pm

bocerty wrote:just read this on BBC website

Armagh are in relegation trouble after a third successive defeat in Division One of the National League.

The Ulster county were three points down when they had skipper Ciaran McKeever sent-off as the teams came out for the second half.

Referee Michael Duffy showed the red card after a linesman had reported seeing the corner half-back throw a punch in the tunnel.

just were does a corner half back play?????

Not sure but Donegal normally have 14 of them (today excluded)
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:16 pm

17 Points - Thats near enough what we managed in 6 championship games last year.
Going down to 14 man before half time seems to have caused havoc with the "system"
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:23 pm

We'll put a good score up on any team that single marks Murphy. I'd say that we won't see another team take that approach this year - so that could be our biggest haul of 2012!!

Good win all the same and a great response after half-time. Thought big Neil was immense and once we started to win midfield, Mayo wilted. The pressure from the forwards was very good and we held Mayo in their own half for the majority of the 2nd half.

It's all to play for in D1 now.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Was talking to the brother earlier and he tells me he has a great new way of keeping the kids in check. Whenever they start acting up he tells then he'll bring them to see Donegal next Sunday in Croker..... works a treat.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:49 pm

It seems that after an hour of hipsters angst from 1992 being here for all to see, Kingpin, RMD pulled the plug..NFL Division 1 - Page 3 Smiley77

I can but admire RMD's tolerance, but cowardly, quasi-anonymous postings have no place here.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
I can but admire RMD's tolerance, but cowardly, quasi-anonymous postings have no place here.

Agreed. A sad, pathetic loser. (Hipster, that is, not RMD!)
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Think Armagh's relegation is a certainty. Looking at the team we are missing 21 players in total.

Hearty, Geoghan, A Kernan, S Kernan, Cunningham, Morgan, Possibly McKeown and McKenna, Jamie Clarke, Ronan Clarke, Stevie McDonnell, McVerry, McParland, Vernon, Toner, Donaghy, McKeever, Mallon, Makin, Swift...probably more, as long as we havent picked up some knocks.

According to reports though, Armagh didn't seem to do that bad but also missed 3/4 goals chances. Crossmaglen are gone for the NFL so looks like it's going to be a touch and go for the last 2 games.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 am

GAA-Fan wrote:Think Armagh's relegation is a certainty. Looking at the team we are missing 21 players in total.

Hearty, Geoghan, A Kernan, S Kernan, Cunningham, Morgan, Possibly McKeown and McKenna, Jamie Clarke, Ronan Clarke, Stevie McDonnell, McVerry, McParland, Vernon, Toner, Donaghy, McKeever, Mallon, Makin, Swift...probably more, as long as we havent picked up some knocks.

According to reports though, Armagh didn't seem to do that bad but also missed 3/4 goals chances. Crossmaglen are gone for the NFL so looks like it's going to be a touch and go for the last 2 games.

The biggest problem there, GF, is how do you start to pick a team for the championship. The defence that has played in the last 2 days has pretty much been your first choice, but midfield and beyond is just a swarm of new faces. Very difficult to assess any new player when he has no established or experienced men alongside him, and it will be very tough for Grimley and O'Rourke to pick any of them for the Tyrone game. My guess is he will pretty much end up back to what he finished with last year.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:Think Armagh's relegation is a certainty. Looking at the team we are missing 21 players in total.

The biggest problem there, GF, is how do you start to pick a team for the championship. The defence that has played in the last 2 days has pretty much been your first choice, but midfield and beyond is just a swarm of new faces. Very difficult to assess any new player when he has no established or experienced men alongside him, and it will be very tough for Grimley and O'Rourke to pick any of them for the Tyrone game. My guess is he will pretty much end up back to what he finished with last year.

I think Armagh need Cunnigham and Morgan back, Donaghy was a big miss today to. Against Dublin our midfield was poor, our attack was non exsitent so all Dublin had to do really was win the ball and could pretty much run through our at our defence and score.

Did not realise how bad of a state the county team is untill today. We are bordering onto our 3rd team with some players also playing at u21 they are going to be exhausted. Not too bothered about the opener for Ulster we should at least make a game of it against Tyrone. McKeever after being a complete idiot today will probably miss the game.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:24 am

GAA-Fan wrote:I think Armagh need Cunnigham and Morgan back, Donaghy was a big miss today to. Against Dublin our midfield was poor, our attack was non exsitent so all Dublin had to do really was win the ball and could pretty much run through our at our defence and score.

Did not realise how bad of a state the county team is untill today. We are bordering onto our 3rd team with some players also playing at u21 they are going to be exhausted. Not too bothered about the opener for Ulster we should at least make a game of it against Tyrone. McKeever after being a complete idiot today will probably miss the game.

You're grasping at straws there lad...Cunningham wouldn't get a kick in an horse-box, given his performance agin' Garrycastle.
Morgan...Hmmmm. Managed to, allied to a better performance from colleagues, somewhat contain The Gooch.
Dolan destroyed him...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:43 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:I think Armagh need Cunnigham and Morgan back, Donaghy was a big miss today to. Against Dublin our midfield was poor, our attack was non exsitent so all Dublin had to do really was win the ball and could pretty much run through our at our defence and score.

You're grasping at straws there lad...Cunningham wouldn't get a kick in an horse-box, given his performance agin' Garrycastle.
Morgan...Hmmmm. Managed to, allied to a better performance from colleagues, somewhat contain The Gooch.
Dolan destroyed him...

Gooch didn't get a score from play. Dolan got 5 of his 6 as a result of frees.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:02 am

Take off the blinkers there lad.....Dessie Dolan is the fulchrom of the Garrycastle operation..Exuding quality..NFL Division 1 - Page 3 Smiley78
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:19 am

Not saying Morgan will be the best choice for Armagh, but he is definitely an option that is worth considering, especially with the state of the team at the moment.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Parouisa wrote:Was talking to the brother earlier and he tells me he has a great new way of keeping the kids in check. Whenever they start acting up he tells then he'll bring them to see Donegal next Sunday in Croker..... works a treat.

We're just humbled to be able to share the same fixture. The game is secondrary
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 am

[quote="OMAR"]
Parouisa wrote:The game is secondrary

Spoken like a true disciple of Jim Mc ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bluearmy1 Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Well, playing for a new club overseas and just getting used to being a superstar in the pan-European Gaelic football scene has taken its toll on my contributions here. Couldn't help but notice TC's plea for me to come back into the fold. I'm glad I noticed his comments after Down's nice win over the All-Ireland champions on Sunday, not to mention the earlier win against semi-finalists Donegal. As for the Cork game, it just has to be said those lads know how to give us a lesson in physicality and intensity.

I would have to question though TC your apparent willingness to use the League as an indication of later events in the summer. Cork hammered Down yes.....but then Cork got beat by Donegal...who were beaten by Down.....who lost to Kerry ...who lost to Armagh...who were hammered by Dublin....and then Down beat Dublin. Not much of a pattern forming there.

Given the fact that Dublin and Mayo are yet to play their tie, Down lie second in the league....it doesn't mean they're going to do big things in 2012, but it certainly doesn't suggest that they are lacking competitiveness, even after losing 3 brilliant young talents to Oz (Clarke, Mooney, Fitzpatrick). On the basis of some of the unlikely results that this year's season has already produced....I'm making no predictions until the real business begins.
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:57 pm

They all come crawling back when they beat the Dubs .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Novel pricing structure in place for Dublin v Donegal. Hogan Stand tickets €15 - or €30 for a Hogan seat with your back to the pitch .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm

You have become disappointingly one-dimensional over the last 12-18 months JC.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:02 pm

I think it may have happened around the same time you lost your funny bone ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:25 am

Disappointing to see partitionism raise its ugly head again at the weekend in O'Moore Park.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:58 am

The Puke wrote:Disappointing to see partitionism raise its ugly head again at the weekend in O'Moore Park.

If its true, disgraceful. Referees often hear abusive comments and usually take the easy way out and book the retaliator. Insulting people from the Six Counties is fair game I notice and people are allowed to get away with it as the overall 'National' media attitude is that they do not belong to us so therefore treat and keep them as outsiders. When Tyrone and Armagh won All Irelands in recent years you could smell the bitterness towards them, not for their football but because they are 'nordies'. This case should be investigated thoroughly and the perpitrator exposed and treated accordingly. If not every Armagh person should spread his name Nationwide so that he may get his comeuppance later.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  samin12 Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Well said RKF, a piece of **** if ever there was one. Think Joe Kernan mentions in his book about it happening before against Laois. I know if i was Justin Mcnulty and its proven to be true then the scumbag would be gone from the panel. Notice Benny Coulter (a player who has been marked by McKeever more than most was quick to defend him on twitter)

samin12
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

armagh
Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Not sure what to make of this, though one thing for sure the ar5ehole who said this to McKeever is a grade A t1t. Its so juvenile it is almost laughable.

Its nothing new that this crap goes on in games and i would be quite sure McKeever has been guilty of it himself. Dont get me wrong I like McKeever, in fact i like him a lot as a player, hard as nails totally committed and one of the best foot passers of a ball in the game. But i defy anyone to say that McKeever was affected in anyway by this schite, he is way to long in the game and playing football too long to let some tosser bother him with this rubbish.

To me a player who indulges in this is only exposing a weakness in themselves. I do agree that the Laois player should be punished and anyone else caught at the same craic should also be punished but were do you draw the line, jesus we could end up with only the 2 keepers on the field!!!!!

If as is stated in the papers today Duffy heard what was said why didnt he take action, it is covered in the rule book so he cant say he wasn't sure what the punishment should have been.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:17 pm

bluearmy1 wrote: I'm making no predictions until the real business begins.

Just as well Bluearmy, as it is hard to know what the weather will be like in June/July!!

Seriously though, good to see you back, and good to see Down get a couple of morale boosting wins. They were so bad against Kerry I really struggled to see how they would survive, but they have bounced back well. Credit where it is due.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next