GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Division 1

+13
The Puke
bluearmy1
Boxtyeater
OMAR
Grenvile
samin12
RMDrive
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA-Fan
Thomas Clarke
Real Kerry Fan
bocerty
Parouisa
17 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

NFL Division 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: NFL Division 1

Post  bocerty Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Parouisa wrote:Haven't seen a more lenient refereeing display in a long time. Some cheap, nasty and high hits going in all over the place today especially by Cork. Noel O'Leary trying to drag a Mayo lad off the ground after he was tripped and then nearly cut in two by a second Cork player. He wasn't even going to book Alan O'Connor for a sly punch in the face and seemed to change his mind when he saw the damage. Kissane too was lucky as was Shields - how they finished with 15 is beyond me. If Duffy was reffing they'd have ended up with about 11 players.

didnt see it all but what i did see of it doesnt fill me with much excitement as championship time looms. Some of the Cork antics were disgraceful not least the ankle tap which almost saw the Mayo player smash his face into a Cork mans knee. That was a dirty stunt and someday someone is going to suffer a very serious injury.

Canty can count himself lucky he wasnt watching from the sideline as was O'Connor.

All in all not a good day for the GAA in terms of promoting our National game.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:07 pm

bocerty wrote:
Some of the Cork antics were disgraceful not least the ankle tap which almost saw the Mayo player smash his face into a Cork mans knee. That was a dirty stunt and someday someone is going to suffer a very serious injury.

Just as well he missed the knee and instead got caught full force by an elbow. Very strange refereeing to book the player for the trip, and ignore the elbow to the face. That said, Deegan was doing his best to completely ignore anything that could have been controversial yesterday. At one point Vaughan and Goold were wrestling on the ground and he came running over with the book in hand. Realised that a yellow would have meant a red would have to follow and swiftly replaced the book in his pocket. Typical of Deegan on the day, a coward that was afraid to do anything that would draw any attention to himself.

Strange how RTE ignored all Cork's thuggery during last night's analysis, but were happy to devote a good minute to Brolly having a rant about Mayo's "play-acting." One player took a dive, and it was rightly ignored by the referee. Unfortunately every other time they were on the deck it was as a result of Cork's tactics

black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:59 pm

black&white wrote:
bocerty wrote:
Some of the Cork antics were disgraceful not least the ankle tap which almost saw the Mayo player smash his face into a Cork mans knee. That was a dirty stunt and someday someone is going to suffer a very serious injury.

Just as well he missed the knee and instead got caught full force by an elbow. Very strange refereeing to book the player for the trip, and ignore the elbow to the face. That said, Deegan was doing his best to completely ignore anything that could have been controversial yesterday. At one point Vaughan and Goold were wrestling on the ground and he came running over with the book in hand. Realised that a yellow would have meant a red would have to follow and swiftly replaced the book in his pocket. Typical of Deegan on the day, a coward that was afraid to do anything that would draw any attention to himself.

Strange how RTE ignored all Cork's thuggery during last night's analysis, but were happy to devote a good minute to Brolly having a rant about Mayo's "play-acting." One player took a dive, and it was rightly ignored by the referee. Unfortunately every other time they were on the deck it was as a result of Cork's tactics

ok ok B&W, i know he got hit with an elbow but a full on bang into a knee would have done infinitely more damage i would have thought, though i know manys an elbow has done untold damage to guys faces.

Not wanting to sound pedantic but was it not Canty who was doing the wrestling having already been booked??? Ref took the easy way out of that one. The Mayo player did indulge in some play acting but in fairness to him i thought the Cork team were deliberately targeting him every chance they got
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:03 pm

bocerty wrote:
black&white wrote:
bocerty wrote:

ok ok B&W, i know he got hit with an elbow but a full on bang into a knee would have done infinitely more damage i would have thought, though i know manys an elbow has done untold damage to guys faces.

Not wanting to sound pedantic but was it not Canty who was doing the wrestling having already been booked??? Ref took the easy way out of that one. The Mayo player did indulge in some play acting but in fairness to him i thought the Cork team were deliberately targeting him every chance they got

Canty was a different incident. Vaughan and Goold was much earlier in the half, with Vaughan already on a yellow (not sure if Goold was or not).

Not meaning to have a go RE the elbow/knee incident. Was close enough to it in Croke Park yesterday and it looked pretty sickening, watching on tv afterwards only confirmed that there was intent behind the elbow (as opposed to him being tripped and falling into someone's knee).
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue May 01, 2012 12:02 am

black&white wrote:
bocerty wrote:
black&white wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Canty was a different incident. Vaughan and Goold was much earlier in the half, with Vaughan already on a yellow (not sure if Goold was or not).

Not meaning to have a go RE the elbow/knee incident. Was close enough to it in Croke Park yesterday and it looked pretty sickening, watching on tv afterwards only confirmed that there was intent behind the elbow (as opposed to him being tripped and falling into someone's knee).

i know you weren't having a go B&W, it didnt make pretty viewing and wouldnt win Cork many fans. It thats what they have to offer Gaelic football they'd be as well away from it.

Starting to lose the GAA mojo if i'm honest, too much cynical schite no craic in it any longer. All this talk of it being a results business is draining the life out of the sport we all know and love.

Watched a bit of the Manchester derby tonight and turned it off before 30 minutes had been played. Unfortunately gaelic football does the same for me lately..................
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue May 01, 2012 10:23 am

Well Boc I am just wondering what you thoiught of the Tyrone v Kildare game. I enjoyed it. Some grat scoring.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue May 01, 2012 11:32 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Well Boc I am just wondering what you thoiught of the Tyrone v Kildare game. I enjoyed it. Some grat scoring.

RFK didnt see an awful lot of it, getting work done in the house and was busy all weekend. It was a poor game particularly Tyrone, the amount of slow build up play with hand passes aplenty made the game hard to watch. Tyrone were running into brick walls time after time particularly Cassidy in the middle of the field. O'Neill and Mulligan starved of a supply of any ball, interestingly the best chance we had was a super long pass from Mugsy into O'Neill.

There was some decent scores but its a game that wont live long in the memory and unfortunately i'd say thats not the last time we will be saying that this summer.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Tue May 01, 2012 2:34 pm

bocerty wrote:
Starting to lose the GAA mojo if i'm honest, too much cynical schite no craic in it any longer. All this talk of it being a results business is draining the life out of the sport we all know and love.

Watched a bit of the Manchester derby tonight and turned it off before 30 minutes had been played. Unfortunately gaelic football does the same for me lately..................

I know the feeling Boc. Been getting more and more disenchanted with the game lately. Still love playing, but the viewing side of things is getting less and less appealing. No longer travel to watch anyone other than Sligo, because 9 times out of 10 it's not worth worth the admission, never mind the diesel!
Last summer was the first time in memory that I didn't schedule my Sundays around the games on television. Sadly I think this summer's going to be the same.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 01, 2012 7:54 pm

It's only the league and doesn't have anything resembling C'ship intensity - even at Final or semi stage. Personally I find Dublin's style entertaining in the main and worth watching. I hate teams who handpass the ball to death and think they are actually causing themselves a heavier physical toll per game. Glen Ryan's Kildare style can now be seen in Longford - but they won with it. Don't really see anything less entertaining in the last 2/3 years to make me switch off tbh.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue May 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Benny Coulter reportedly broke his ankle in a club game at the weekend. Sad to hear if true.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7