GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11

+18
The Puke
SamiPremier08
Royal_Girl2k9
mugsys_barber
samin12
jimbodub
OMAR
3inarow08
mullins
Real Kerry Fan
Grenvile
hipster 2
black&white
Thomas Clarke
Jayo Cluxton
Loyal2TheRoyal
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
22 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11 - Page 11 Empty Re: All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11

Post  mullins Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:55 am

mossbags wrote:Well done De Duds!! Was at a wedding in Gdansk over the weekend and there was a gang of us huddled around some laptop knockin back shots of zubrowka whilst gorging ourselves on Wild Boar, listening to the match in the glorious Banino sunshine. I got dragged away by my masseuse companion with about 10 minutes to play feeling fairly certain that Kerry were turning the screw and it was game over.

Imagine my surprise then when I came back down from the bedroom only to hear Dublin had won by a point. My first reaction was to think of Mullins, Hipster and Jayo who have been fighting the good fight for years against the most bitter opposition imaginable and I and my companion raised another shot of wodka in their honour.
Well done lads. It'll be a short Winter for ye now. Lap up every last minute of it.

ps, haven't actually seen the match yet but it sounds like it was an epic. Will catch it later on Player

Always knew you were a good one Moss... Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11 - Page 11 Empty Re: All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11

Post  mullins Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:59 am

5. Diarmuid Connolly was poor again. He has lots of talent, but lacks the temperament for the big day. I suspect that his career highlight will always be his display against Tyrone in the qtr final.

Amazing comment from Tc.............Really amazing and i ain't joking

highlight beating who
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11 - Page 11 Empty RKF

Post  mullins Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:10 am

Unlucky on Sunday boss,a lot of stuff was written about the demise of Kerry myself included,but you were within a kick of a ball from winning another championship...i hope that makes your winter a little shorter...I hope the kingdom play a part again in the decade of the Dubs as you did in the 70s...

As bad has things were for you on Sunday at least you went home to a happy house............. Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:23 am

mullins wrote:
mossbags wrote:Well done De Duds!! Was at a wedding in Gdansk over the weekend and there was a gang of us huddled around some laptop knockin back shots of zubrowka whilst gorging ourselves on Wild Boar, listening to the match in the glorious Banino sunshine. I got dragged away by my masseuse companion with about 10 minutes to play feeling fairly certain that Kerry were turning the screw and it was game over.

Imagine my surprise then when I came back down from the bedroom only to hear Dublin had won by a point. My first reaction was to think of Mullins, Hipster and Jayo who have been fighting the good fight for years against the most bitter opposition imaginable and I and my companion raised another shot of wodka in their honour.
Well done lads. It'll be a short Winter for ye now. Lap up every last minute of it.

ps, haven't actually seen the match yet but it sounds like it was an epic. Will catch it later on Player

Always knew you were a good one Moss... Very Happy
Fair play Mullins man, I seen the game now and imho yer sideline(ie Giller) won that game there on Sunday. Some serious decisions taken over the course of the last or so in which they were oft ridiculed, sometimes even by their own, but their kop on and belief in the lads they had, not to mention their calls on the day, was what made the difference this time. Live it up bud afro
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:16 am

Thanks Mullins.Ah they were very consoling(The *******s) Should be ok after 18th October.(Month's mind) Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Well what can you say what a day what a week,we have arrived back at our rightful place top of the pack...Haven't watched the match again yet,but watched the celebrations after the victory today,and it was something special fair play to the fans for staying clear of the field it really added to the occasion....

Well as i said after the League final i seen enough in 50 mins of that game to know these lads would deliver Sam come September they didn't let me down..I made a few bob on the victory just about paid for the week...

I would just like to thank everybody in the Dublin set up for all the work and effort you gave throughout the year,the 5-30 start feels so long ago now it started with snood night in Westmeath and finished with Sam long may it continue, and may i say a sincere go f##K yourself to all the begrudgers from all the other counties, we dispatched of tyrone and kerry the 2 best teams of the last decade..

Yet some say poor ref/took to many steps/didn't play enough time yet no one picked up on stars antics for 72 mins...

We done what cork could not do and beat kerry, we done what kerry could not do and beat Tyrone and we done what everyone else could not seem to do and dispatch of Donegal. WE ARE DUBLIN AND WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.

Well lads its been a bumper ride with all of you's and may i say a sincere thank you for putting up with me on this forum for so long. Mullins out

Ps you have some great Dublin posters on this forum you should try and give them the respect they deserve....They are the closest to real true Dublin fans most of you will ever meet

SLAN MULLINS OUT rocker
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:27 pm

It were an episode of Blankety blank

Clue

MossBags on lash in poland

LAP ______

- suspect Boxty wouldn't have gone for TOP

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:41 pm

full body massage, no trix being turned, sadly pale
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:52 am

I watched the final ten minutes of this game again.

In the 68th minute, Kevin McMenamon clearly hops the ball twice and gets away with it.

Not only did this directly lead to Bernard Brogan's point, but it came inside Dublin's '45 and Gooch would surely have converted.

Can't believe I missed it at the time, and I don't recall anybody mentioning it back then either.

It's a tainted win.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 am

So what you are saying is that, after Redmond playing on after a red card in 1995, and the dirty dozen in 1983, the Dubs haven't won an legitimate all ireland in 35 years?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:47 pm

same crap differnt day
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:34 pm

All sports are tainted with missed/poor decisions, although GAA seems to have its fair share.

If we started a topic on poor/missed decisions in GAA we would get quite a few.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:59 pm

hipster 2 wrote:same crap differnt day

Are you saying he didn't hop the ball twice in the 68th minute?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Two Louth men robbed in broad daylight and then fine €1,000 each. Amazing stuff alright.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Parouisa. Please.

1. Did McMenamin hop the ball twice?
2. Would Gooch/Sheehan have converted the resulting free?
3. Would Brogan have got his point?

Answers - Yes, Yes, No.

Two point turnaround.

Would you disagree with any of that?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Sad man .... sad man. Two choir boy counties having a go ... quelle surprise!

Sam resident in Dublin - happy days ...
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Parouisa wrote:Sad man .... sad man. Two choir boy counties having a go ... quelle surprise!

Attack the post, Parouisa, not the poster(s)...
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Nah ... I'll leave you both to carry on embarassing yourselves ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Parouisa wrote:Nah ... I'll leave you both to carry on embarassing yourselves ....

Me? I was merely asking Loyal to clarify his point. But, it has to be said, it is a shame to see such a capable poster as yourself shying away from the debate, and resorting to insults.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:12 pm

The only surprising thing for me that I was (momentarily) surprised that you couldn't resist your usual cheap and snide jibe. I should be well used to it by now.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:49 pm

I must've missed my cheap and snide jibe. Strange to find you so irritable today, especially after a good win against Laois scratch
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:57 pm

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Good man Mullins. We wait 5 months for your return and, when you do, you make a post with no words. You haven't lost it! Wink
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:00 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Good man Mullins. We wait 5 months for your return and, when you do, you make a post with no words. You haven't lost it! Wink

Here's 1 Champions Very Happy Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:09 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:So what you are saying is that, after Redmond playing on after a red card in 1995, and the dirty dozen in 1983, the Dubs haven't won an legitimate all ireland in 35 years?

I'd call that a cheap (and constant) snide jibe.

Whereas calling someone sad when they bring up an alleged incident in a game six months later is not what I would call an insult.

Anyway thats my last word on it but no doubt you will have the last word as you do on all issues ...
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next