GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin v Kerry

+3
bocerty
Grenvile
Jayo Cluxton
7 posters

Go down

Dublin v Kerry Empty Dublin v Kerry

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Looking forward to this Saturday evening's entertainment - even if Jedward won't be there. At least we'll have Damien Dempsey - and I'm a big fan going right back to the days when he was with Zig & Zag! Not expecting a big Kerry contingent but if all the ones that took our jobs here in Dublin came we could see about 50,000 there ..... Very Happy

As for the football well having bate the Kingdom down there last year for the first time in donkey's years I'll be hoping we can repeat the dose! But Kerry always like Croker and the Gooch is always one to worry about. Hopefully we can maintain the run and get the 2 points that will guarantee us Division 1 football next year!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Kerry Empty Re: Dublin v Kerry

Post  Grenvile Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Very Happy

JS may be attending. A drunken bet (double or nothing on a sum that I owe which is more than I can afford already) means I will be shouting for the Kingdom. Twisted Evil

Is it a double header or what kind of crowd is expected?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:49 pm

It will only be a double header if you go JS!

Talking in terms of 35,000 in the papers today. Or 35,003 if you count the Kerry support.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Looking forward to this Saturday evening's entertainment - even if Jedward won't be there. At least we'll have Damien Dempsey - and I'm a big fan going right back to the days when he was with Zig & Zag! Not expecting a big Kerry contingent but if all the ones that took our jobs here in Dublin came we could see about 50,000 there ..... Very Happy

As for the football well having bate the Kingdom down there last year for the first time in donkey's years I'll be hoping we can repeat the dose! But Kerry always like Croker and the Gooch is always one to worry about. Hopefully we can maintain the run and get the 2 points that will guarantee us Division 1 football next year!

as a matter of interest Jayo just how much would a win mean to the Dubs at the weekend or Kerry for that matter in terms of the summer ahead. Is it important for the Dubs to lay down a marker even at tthis early stage or would you be bothered if you got beat. I'm just curious, is there a danger that the dub fans and media could lose the run of themselves and this would then influence the players or are they made of sterner stuff under Gilroy??
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 pm

[quote="bocerty] as a matter of interest Jayo just how much would a win mean to the Dubs at the weekend or Kerry for that matter in terms of the summer ahead. Is it important for the Dubs to lay down a marker even at tthis early stage or would you be bothered if you got beat. I'm just curious, is there a danger that the dub fans and media could lose the run of themselves and this would then influence the players or are they made of sterner stuff under Gilroy??[/quote]

I'd actually like us to give the League a lash this year Boc - we haven't done for ages and contrary to the thinking of a few years back it is clearly no impediment to doing well in the C'ship. Also Dublin always like to beat Kerry (rare occasions!) and last year away was the first in a while so to back it up would be good. Hype? I don't think Gilroy would let that happen. Funny but walking down to Croker for the 2009 game v Kerry the brother was pointing out that everything Gilroy touched turned to gold - business, Vins etc. I reminded him on the way out of his comment. But in fairness PG has gone about the task in a real workmanlike fashion and there has been considerable thought and effort gone into bringing about a substantial and genuine improvement to the team. They hype is a media thing - the real Dub supporter does not believe the Herald/Curtis/98FM bs - and they will egg it on and build it - it sells. If we have a team good enough to win the big games then I don't think hype or BS will be the thing that stops them.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:36 am

[quote="Jonsmith"][JS may be attending. A drunken bet (double or nothing on a sum that I owe which is more than I can afford already) means I will be shouting for the Kingdom. Twisted Evil

Startling revelation from JS here..... Shocked
Surely you'll be in the count center to shoulder your Uncle Brendan back to Leinster House.....
You're an awful man..... Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:49 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
Startling revelation from JS here..... Shocked
Surely you'll be in the count center to shoulder your Uncle Brendan back to Leinster House.....
You're an awful man..... Suspect

Should news filter through on his (unlikely IMO) success en route home from the game (after a comprehensive Kerry victory) I'll drop into the Rocks of Bawn, local FF haunt owned by a brother of Brendan.. (a remarkable family it must be said) I'll shoulder a gallon in his honour..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 am

Farmers and fishermen happy (can you hear the silence!) ... so BS will sail home. Hope your bet goes down though JS - and I think it will!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:13 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Farmers and fishermen happy (can you hear the silence!) ... so BS will sail home. Hope your bet goes down though JS - and I think it will!

There's that too JC.. But the Quinns candidate will do him damage. As will Peter McVitty.. Perhaps you're right though!
When they played in 2009 I was working and discussing a bet with a punter I have a few bets with every year and I said I'd take Kerry, much to his surprise given that they were "finished" at the time.. 3 others at the bar laughed at me and said they'd take that bet if I was intent on giving my money away.. That was a sweet and easy €80 Very Happy
So that probably swayed me into the bet.. But I realise this is not August and Dublin are a different prospect this time out.. A good game and I'll be happy either way!

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:17 am

I think McVitty will be down the back! Very Happy

If ur heading down gimme a PM - want to make sure I'm in the opposite stand ... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:18 am

Jonsmith wrote:[Should news filter through on his (unlikely IMO) success en route home from the game (after a comprehensive Kerry victory) I'll drop into the Rocks of Bawn, local FF haunt owned by a brother of Brendan.. (a remarkable family it must be said) I'll swallow a gallon in his honour..

Good call JS....Dublin v Kerry Food-s22..X 8 is the shot.....

A noble establishment is the Rocks of Bawn...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:01 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
A noble establishment is the Rocks of Bawn...

Noble.. That's one word to describe it.. I can think of a few more none of which would be as complimentary! Razz You'll surely get the opportunity to visit both establishments in the village when you travel to Wink 's home games for moral support..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:21 am

Dublin v Kerry Inpho_10

The only shot I can find of two of the game's legends together, Ciaran Mac and "Winker".. Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:It will only be a double header if you go JS!

Talking in terms of 35,000 in the papers today. Or 35,003 if you count the Kerry support.

35,004 Jayo. My brother is coming up. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Go on Damo.. afro
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Here is Damien's finest work

Some man...
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:11 pm

After a good start to the league we arrive in Croker again this week for a clash between the giants of the Gaa.Its back to the crash scene of the 09 championship- hoping to get some revenge against the Kingdom in some small way..Don't believe any Dubs are getting to carried away at the moment its early days and still a lot of players to come back....

I think Kerry will be out to put a mark down for the championship ,that this team are far from finished -What better place than Croker v Dubs..Cant see the Dubs starting as selected think their will be changes before the throw in....

Hope A Brogan gets more game time- If the Dubs are gone to have a good year we won't have it without Alan leading from the front..

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 pm

mullins wrote:After a good start to the league we arrive in Croker again this week for a clash between the giants of the Gaa.Its back to the crash scene of the 09 championship- hoping to get some revenge against the Kingdom in some small way..Don't believe any Dubs are getting to carried away at the moment its early days and still a lot of players to come back....

I think Kerry will be out to put a mark down for the championship ,that this team are far from finished -What better place than Croker v Dubs..Cant see the Dubs starting as selected think their will be changes before the throw in....

Hope A Brogan gets more game time- If the Dubs are gone to have a good year we won't have it without Alan leading from the front..

Stay on topic Mad

This is a thread about Damien Dempsey
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Full time score Dublin 3-10 - 1-15 Kerry - by all accounts a good game. Sheehan had a chance to level it for Kerry at the death but his free went wide.

Dublin are banging in the goals in some fashion must be something they are working hard on in training.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down