GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11

+18
The Puke
SamiPremier08
Royal_Girl2k9
mugsys_barber
samin12
jimbodub
OMAR
3inarow08
mullins
Real Kerry Fan
Grenvile
hipster 2
black&white
Thomas Clarke
Jayo Cluxton
Loyal2TheRoyal
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
22 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11 Empty All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:16 pm

The final game of the championship is only 3 weeks away!
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11 Empty Re: All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:55 pm

I'm possibly subject to correction here, but would I be right in saying that no man wearing the No.13 jersey has ever lifted the Sam Maguire (or it's predecessor)

In that case then, the Gooch will fit the bill...Or will Kerry switch him to the 15 shirt, with the fear of some old "piseóg".....

On an aside, who's the likely "man-in-the-middle"...It's Pat McEneaney's last year so....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11 Empty Re: All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:01 am

Boxtyeater wrote:I'm possibly subject to correction here, but would I be right in saying that no man wearing the No.13 jersey has ever lifted the Sam Maguire (or it's predecessor)

In that case then, the Gooch will fit the bill...Or will Kerry switch him to the 15 shirt, with the fear of some old "piseóg".....

On an aside, who's the likely "man-in-the-middle"...It's Pat McEneaney's last year so....

I'm not sure but Phillip Clifford was 13 in the 1999 Final I think - and lost. And possibly Ciaran Corr in 1995? And lost too.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:07 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:I'm possibly subject to correction here, but would I be right in saying that no man wearing the No.13 jersey has ever lifted the Sam Maguire (or it's predecessor)

I'm not sure but Phillip Clifford was 13 in the 1999 Final I think - and lost. And possibly Ciaran Corr in 1995? And lost too.

Wasn't Mikey Shhehy not captain on that fateful day in '82..... Question
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:38 am

Too early to be thinking about this one but I'll tell ye one thing - it'll be a good game of football.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:22 pm

I think Boxty is right on his No.13 stat. I certainly heard it a few years ago, and can't think of any captain who has changed it since then.

As an aside, Ciaran Corr wore no.10 for Tyrone, and it was John Egan who captained Kerry in 1982. Mikey Sheehy's captaincy year was 1987.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I think Boxty is right on his No.13 stat. I certainly heard it a few years ago, and can't think of any captain who has changed it since then.

As an aside, Ciaran Corr wore no.10 for Tyrone, and it was John Egan who captained Kerry in 1982. Mikey Sheehy's captaincy year was 1987.

Indeed it was TC. Dwyer felt obliged to have one more lash at it as Mikey was indeed the captain....Loyalty can bite you too..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

McQuillan down to referee the game, with Coldrick and McEnaney running the line.

Would have thought PmE would have been given the honour in his final season.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:34 pm

we with mc quillian down as referee dublin might as well not show up
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:46 pm

hipster 2 wrote:we with mc quillian down as referee dublin might as well not show up

Why do you think that?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:07 pm

McQuillan He's a dire ref and its bad news for Dublin. Has a pathological dislike of Dublin. every match he refs the free count goes against us.

Delivered an incredibly poor performance v Tyrone and gets the Final. Thats Refereeing standards GAA style.

Need I say more.

BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:13 pm

BB wrote:McQuillan He's a dire ref and its bad news for Dublin. Has a pathological dislike of Dublin. every match he refs the free count goes against us.

Delivered an incredibly poor performance v Tyrone and gets the Final. Thats Refereeing standards GAA style.

Need I say more.

Have you any statistics to back this up or are you getting your excuses in early just in case?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:37 pm

JS - I think McQuillan was woeful in QF and have no regard for him. Wd've preferred the Meath man.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:48 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:JS - I think McQuillan was woeful in QF and have no regard for him. Wd've preferred the Meath man.

Do you also believe that he has a "pathological dislike of Dublin" ?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:JS - I think McQuillan was woeful in QF and have no regard for him. Wd've preferred the Meath man.

Not necessarily but he seems to give a hell of a lot of frees against.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:39 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:

Now boys. Already blaming the ref for the defeat Shocked Bring back Seamus Aldridge Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:30 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:

Now boys. Already blaming the ref for the defeat Shocked Bring back Seamus Aldridge Very Happy

I certainly wouldn't have him in the category of that Aldridge yoke. He quite blatantly hated us, and wasn't afraid to constantly show us!
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:08 pm

it be just great for these dublin boys to share the field with these kerry greats
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11 Empty RKF

Post  mullins Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Lets get the ball rolling i was brought up on Dublin v Kerry football,have to say even though we came out the wrong side so many times but i have to say i feel so lucky to have seen them all since 1975.....The greatest era in the history of the Gaa and Mullins seen it all......I remember this goal like it was yesterday
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:43 pm

Were with them when we win Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Great Stuff Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:35 pm

Why are Sean Cannon and Eammon Campbell wearing Dublin jerseys?

Dublin need a more trendy hit for 2011 - Everday I'm Shefflin and I've a Lar Outside are all the rage down in Kilkenny and Tipperary.

Nobody wants old pub songs nowadays - could the Dubs please get with it.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:41 am

I'm after moving from Portobello to up beside the Mater, should be a bit of craic around the area in a few weeks' time!
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:58 pm

3inarow08 wrote:I'm after moving from Portobello to up beside the Mater, should be a bit of craic around the area in a few weeks' time!

It's back must be September Shocked
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:26 pm

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next