GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11

+18
The Puke
SamiPremier08
Royal_Girl2k9
mugsys_barber
samin12
jimbodub
OMAR
3inarow08
mullins
Real Kerry Fan
Grenvile
hipster 2
black&white
Thomas Clarke
Jayo Cluxton
Loyal2TheRoyal
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
22 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11 - Page 2 Empty Follow on from the Connolly thread

Post  mullins Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:34 pm

Dublin will make it very hard for kerry to get scores,you won't see out H/B line going past midfield to much,Nobody will be exposed or left 1on 1..We have a more defensive plan to what we had when we last met in 09...We have a better balance than kerry i believe,We've being very solid at the back all year while Kerry look like they could be ripped apart at the back in most of their games Andy Moran caused them a lot of problems i'm sure Dublin picked up on that...Giller has built from the back if your not leaking scores..You always have a chance with 2 brogans and Connolly to get enough to win a game

The match ups at the back are very interesting if we win our own individual battles.I really believe we can open this game up and Kerry just won't have the legs to go with Dublin.I know it's a very simple way of looking at things but that's the way i see it, but I think it will hold up in the Final.

I believe Giller will go with a 2 man full forward line like the cork game last year
with Connolly/Brogan left inside to the damage and test the Kerry F/B line which is highly suspect.Will Kerry allow that is big question..I would like to see AB go to 11 an put Brosnan on the back foot everyone knows he doesn't like defending..

We have to dictate the pace of the game and make them play on our terms. Bryan Sheehan has been winning a lot of ball in midfield i can see Dublin allowing him that much space in the final,Clucko will be vital with short kick outs, Kerry will know this and try exploit it by pressing us high on our kickouts and forcing us long.

You are not going to stop Gooch the key is to limit the supply if Donaghy comes out leave Rory in and let Bastick pick him up. Our system of defence does not allow to go man on man marking, but because there forwards move around so much i believe its vital that Rory stays and holds his position and doesn't leave us expose and just plays a sweepers role

When things aren't going well for Kerry they look to O'sheas for leadership and scores. We need to stop them as much as possible as I don't feel they can last 70- mins in the big wide spaces of Croker anymore

This Dublin team have pace once they start moving its going to be very hard to see Kerry getting to grips with them....Kerry will do everything within their powers to play the game on their terms hopefully we get the right start and push for home...

Really TC the way Dublin is set up NICELY is with Pace to burn an to expose lack of it in that the Kerry back 6....

Our biggest worry is Flynn still not looking good for him Sadly

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11 - Page 2 Empty Re: All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:47 pm

mullins wrote:Dublin will make it very hard for kerry to get scores,you won't see out H/B line going past midfield to much,Nobody will be exposed or left 1on 1..We have a more defensive plan to what we had when we last met in 09...We have a better balance than kerry i believe,We've being very solid at the back all year while Kerry look like they could be ripped apart at the back in most of their games Andy Moran caused them a lot of problems i'm sure Dublin picked up on that...Giller has built from the back if your not leaking scores..You always have a chance with 2 brogans and Connolly to get enough to win a game

The match ups at the back are very interesting if we win our own individual battles.I really believe we can open this game up and Kerry just won't have the legs to go with Dublin.I know it's a very simple way of looking at things but that's the way i see it, but I think it will hold up in the Final.

I believe Giller will go with a 2 man full forward line like the cork game last year
with Connolly/Brogan left inside to the damage and test the Kerry F/B line which is highly suspect.Will Kerry allow that is big question..I would like to see AB go to 11 an put Brosnan on the back foot everyone knows he doesn't like defending..

We have to dictate the pace of the game and make them play on our terms. Bryan Sheehan has been winning a lot of ball in midfield i can see Dublin allowing him that much space in the final,Clucko will be vital with short kick outs, Kerry will know this and try exploit it by pressing us high on our kickouts and forcing us long.

You are not going to stop Gooch the key is to limit the supply if Donaghy comes out leave Rory in and let Bastick pick him up. Our system of defence does not allow to go man on man marking, but because there forwards move around so much i believe its vital that Rory stays and holds his position and doesn't leave us expose and just plays a sweepers role

When things aren't going well for Kerry they look to O'sheas for leadership and scores. We need to stop them as much as possible as I don't feel they can last 70- mins in the big wide spaces of Croker anymore

This Dublin team have pace once they start moving its going to be very hard to see Kerry getting to grips with them....Kerry will do everything within their powers to play the game on their terms hopefully we get the right start and push for home...

Really TC the way Dublin is set up NICELY is with Pace to burn an to expose lack of it in that the Kerry back 6....

Spot on assessment mullins Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11 - Page 2 Empty Re: All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:33 pm

Fair play Mullins, a few more posts like that and you'll be giving the Dubs on here a bad name! Wink

There is a lot to suggest that the game could turn out just as you have described. Kerry are old at the back, and some of them lack pace. Throw in the fact that the centre-back and full-back are only playing in those positions because there are no other options, and you would worry that Dublin could do to Kerry what they did to Tyrone.

What should worry Dublin fans, though, is what Boxty pointed out about the 2009 game or, as some call it, the '34-second quater final'. Dublin looked set to run over Kerry in that game also, but they completely froze and were destroyed. There is little doubt that Dublin fear Kerry like they fear no other county. For all the talk about the great rivalry of the 70s, Dublin have failed to beat Kerry in their last 7 championship meetings, and have had an awful hiding in several of those. Dublin's mental preparation will be as important as their tactical preparation, and both should be to focus on being positive. If Dublin are too defensive in this game and invite Kerry onto them, I think they will get nervous and start to make mistakes and give away frees.

Kerry will not be as open defensively as Tyrone were. While I don't believe that Tyrone would have beaten Dublin with a different set-up, they would have been much more competitive. Donnacha Walsh and Paul Galvin will ensure that Kerry have more protection for their half backs than Peter Harte & Colm Cavanagh were able to give Tyrone.

I agree that Bryan Sheehan is hugely important and, given time and space, he could pick Kerry apart from midfield. I'd guess that Denis Bastick will be given a strict marking job to do on Sheehan, in the hope that he can take him out of the game.

I also agree that Dublin's half backs will not be careering up the field, especially early on. The left side of the defence is the most important, as Kerry always pull their right half forward either deep or centrally, allowing Gooch the freedom of the whole right wing. Does Kevin Nolan follow his man into midfield, or does he stay to cut off the short ball into Cooper. I'd guess the later, with Bryan Cullen dropping very deep to help him here. This, though, will bring Tomas O'Se into the mix as an attacking force.

So, a hard one to call. Dublin are faster and stronger and the have forwards who can score, yet, I have this nagging feeling that they could yet make a mess of it and lose to a side who are well past their prime.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:07 pm

did bottler write that for you mullins Very Happy
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:26 pm

hipster 2 wrote:did bottler write that for you mullins Very Happy

No is ma did... Razz
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Kerry will fancy beating this Dublin team they definitely have the Psychological edge heading in to this Final.The sight of a Kerry jersey is worth 3-5 points to the kingdom....That is why its vital we get to dictate the pace of this game.We had them beating in 01-07 an we just couldn't get over the line.....Kerry will be looking back to 09 when the game was over in as you say 34 seconds thinking if they can get an early lead this team might collapse...But since 09 Giller has put Kerry to the sword in the League for 1 reason to try and get these lads thinking that the Kingdom are not invincible...This Dublin team are totally different to 09 and they just don't carry the baggage of that group hopefully the harcore players from 09 will let this group no we don't look back

Dublin's have put huge amount of work into mental preparation this year anything that can give them the edge.....Voadfone as sponsors are playing a big part in this side of the game and i know Giller is happy to have them on board...They are not like any other sponsor most just throw in money an stay silent..Voadfone have being very hands on orgainising seminars and bringing in speakers that they believe will give Dublin Gaa the edge over other counties...

Can't see Dublin backs following any Kerry players up the pitch early on leaving space behind for Kerry to exploit..But has the game develops i would hope that Giller doesn't hold back this team to long Final's are their do be won...Kerry have struggled against teams with defensive set ups in the past that can break at pace...I'm sure they know that Dublin set up a team that could beat a Tyrone system...Which Kerry failed to beat in 2 finals...So it really should be a game of tactics by both Managers.......

With flynn probably out this will really upset the balance of this team...It really is hard to pick the first 15 for this game or the way they will line up.....But Giller has a system they all play to,but players might be giving different roles within the system......Wonder could Henry yet play a role in the final-Will EOG play is way into the team...Will philly come in big decisions for Dublin i hope they get them right...

This Kerry team will not wan't to be remembered for losing to Dublin..........Hopefully that puts a little bit of pressure on them....

We have to build our own Dynasty 2011 will be the beginning.. Cool
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Can't see past a Dublin win for this one Mullins.

Ageing backline, lads being played out of position, makeshift midfield, Donaghy in no form, couple of niggling injuries, Galvin in no form or fitness either, Dublin at home, big crowd, no expectation as underdogs.............it's only looking like a Dublin victory for me.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:46 pm

3inarow08 wrote:Can't see past a Dublin win for this one Mullins.

Ageing backline, lads being played out of position, makeshift midfield, Donaghy in no form, couple of niggling injuries, Galvin in no form or fitness either, Dublin at home, big crowd, no expectation as underdogs.............it's only looking like a Dublin victory for me.

Yep i know it reminds me of a lot of past meetings.....But i agree we are in with a fighting chance this year,But you know what they say Kerry are Kerry...... Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:51 am

Only 8,000 tickets - cute Kerry hoorism starts here ... shades of '09 Sad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:55 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Only 8,000 tickets - cute Kerry hoorism starts here ... shades of '09 Sad

8,000 tickets? Sure we handed more than that back the other night.

JC, if you're stuck for a ticket, get onto Ball-Boy, he has 25 in the middle of the Lower Cusack.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:58 pm

Is he not down under at the World Cup??

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:09 am

3inarow08 wrote:[8,000 tickets? Sure we handed more than that back the other night.

JC, if you're stuck for a ticket, get onto Ball-Boy, he has 25 in the middle of the Lower Cusack.

I shall be changing my avatar and signature over the weekend at some stage to signify my support for my fancy....**

** The Tommy Walshe one worked a treat..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:12 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
3inarow08 wrote:[8,000 tickets? Sure we handed more than that back the other night.

I shall be changing my avatar and signature over the weekend at some stage to signify my support for my fancy....**

I expect it will be changed to Aisling Doonan/Bronagh Sheridan shortly thereafter in honor of your support for Cavan's last Final of this year?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:18 am

Wouldn't lace the drinks/boots of the following...I'm sure you know herself, she of the All-Star brother from the Willies...

All Ireland Final: Dublin vs Kerry 18/9/11 - Page 2 Images11
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:32 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Wouldn't lace the drinks/boots of the following...I'm sure you know herself, she of the All-Star brother from the Willies...

No mistaking the intimidating figure of MQ.. Witnessed her tear apart our ladies team in a challenge a few years back.

Don't doubt the ability of AD though. Doesn't offer much in the way of athleticism but skill and awareness far ahead of most who play the game at any level.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:12 am

Jonsmith wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:Wouldn't lace the drinks/boots of the following...I'm sure you know herself, she of the All-Star brother from the Willies...

No mistaking the intimidating figure of MQ.. Witnessed her tear apart our ladies team in a challenge a few years back.

Don't doubt the ability of AD though. Doesn't offer much in the way of athleticism but skill and awareness far ahead of most who play the game at any level.

MQ is the same in business as in sport, un-relenting but fair.....The former county sponsor owe a lot to her....
AD is the female Gooch I gather...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:17 am

WTF is this crap doing on this thread???
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:59 am

Jonsmith wrote:[I expect it will be changed to Aisling Doonan/Bronagh Sheridan shortly thereafter in honor of your support for Cavan's last Final of this year?

JS is having issues...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

Don't bother the Navy/Sky Blue of Dublin wouldn't suit you Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:25 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

I think such an act would be in poor taste
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Only 185 hours to go .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:32 pm

Burlington booked its going to be some night cheers
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  jimbodub Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Only 185 hours to go .....

Are we there yet... Are we there yet....
jimbodub
jimbodub
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:40 pm

OMAR wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

I think such an act would be in poor taste

Agreed, very poor form indeed...
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Culchies/Nordies really starting to show their true colours...
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next