GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin to contest All Ireland final

+5
SamiPremier08
patrique
JimWexford
sportstime
Jayo Cluxton
9 posters

Go down

Dublin to contest All Ireland final Empty Dublin to contest All Ireland final

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:28 am

I just had this amazing premonition. All of a sudden my blood went cold and my eyes glazed over. I was floating in this ethereal wilderness when the voice of an angel – and it wasn’t Charlotte Church – came into my head. The last time this happened to me what she said came through and Johnny Logan was victorious for Ireland again! As a twin I regularly have these ESP type moments – but I am expecting the hallucigenic drugs jibes all the same! Her voice was clear as anything as she uttered the words ‘Dublin will be in the All Ireland final next September’.

I was a bit gobsmacked and before I could recover my composure to ask whether it was hurling or football she had disappeared from whence she came. I have a feeling it’s football though and it has made my day! Unfortunately she did not give the opposition or the result.

So now we know one of the finalists who do you reckon we’ll be playing ….
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Dublin to contest All Ireland final Empty Re: Dublin to contest All Ireland final

Post  sportstime Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:31 am

I reckon it might be Donegal.

They have a pretty good minor team this year I hear !
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Dublin to contest All Ireland final Empty Re: Dublin to contest All Ireland final

Post  JimWexford Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:31 pm

First you need to clarify what All -Ireland you think Dublin will be in.
Tiddlywinks, Ludo as you said yourself she failed to clarify(a trait common with that sex).
Before we speculate to accumalate an answer we need to clarify the item dublin may be contesting.
due to the population of our fair capital city I will hazard a guess at Bog snorkling
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:45 pm

In my dream 5 years ago, with me as manager, Dublin lost the 2011 hurling final to Galway but beat Tipp in the 2013 final.

Doesn't seem so daft now.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:40 am

well I dreamt I was playing full-forward for Tipp against Cork in the All-Ireland final but the game was played underwater in a massive swimming pool...

...I believe I scored the winning goal...with the ball which was a...massive balloon...

Twisted Evil
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:47 am

Odds on it'll be Galway in both hurling and football as Setanta UK have just told me they've ceased to exist. So according to sod's law I'm pretty sure I'll miss what are bound to be the two greatest finals ever now! Unless of course the homemade satellite dish I am now in the process of building can pick up TG3 . . . . . .

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:20 pm

ahhh do we have another UK lad?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Not anymore Sami, I've asked the embassy for the passport, bought the ryanair ticket (although I'll have to leave my stuff here as I can't afford to bring the bag at £24) and I'm moving over in time for the Sligo match this weekend, that'll show Setanta!

Uk I am Sami. I note Setanta are still broadcasting in Australia though, you'd think they'd cut them off first as I don't remember Wolverhampton ever poaching a footballer?!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:45 pm

Rich - look after this man in Sligo!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:57 pm

I reckon that woman escaped from the twelve chimneys.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:43 pm

6inarow wrote:
Uk I am Sami. I note Setanta are still broadcasting in Australia though, you'd think they'd cut them off first as I don't remember Wolverhampton ever poaching a footballer?!

Wolves poached one of our county minor midfielders of last year!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:11 pm

6inarow wrote:Not anymore Sami, I've asked the embassy for the passport, bought the ryanair ticket (although I'll have to leave my stuff here as I can't afford to bring the bag at £24) and I'm moving over in time for the Sligo match this weekend, that'll show Setanta!

jeez the Ryanair fares are ridiculous! I think they're charging you to go to the toilet now No
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:13 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
6inarow wrote:Not anymore Sami, I've asked the embassy for the passport, bought the ryanair ticket (although I'll have to leave my stuff here as I can't afford to bring the bag at £24) and I'm moving over in time for the Sligo match this weekend, that'll show Setanta!

jeez the Ryanair fares are ridiculous! I think they're charging you to go to the toilet now No

They are still the cheapest around though. Aer Lingus are a pure rip off for short journeys.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:26 pm

yeah but booking a Ryanair flight is insane. the 'cheap' flight is £10 or whatever, then they charge you internet booking fee, you have to pay to check in, there's another £20 to have a bag in the hold, if you want two or more seats together you have to pay for that, then they ask you if you want to pay even more to be in the 'priority queue', then there's a charge to eat your own food on the plane and a fee to go to the toilet...what is it coming to!? we might as well just swim!

i heard the Queen of Spain took a Ryanair flight to London.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:20 pm

So Gilroy has made 3 changes. Can't disagree with Jayo in for the unfortunate Davoren - hopefully this will result in better movement from the front 6 and Connolly gets another shot too. Surprised at the change at the back but if O'Carroll is going well in training its good to see him get a run - even if I thought Hubbard was doing ok - hope it doesn't knock his confidence. It'll be interesting to see how the MF goes but well will defo see Whelo at some stage and I would be surprised if Shane Ryan didn't see action
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:25 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:yeah but booking a Ryanair flight is insane. the 'cheap' flight is £10 or whatever, then they charge you internet booking fee, you have to pay to check in, there's another £20 to have a bag in the hold, if you want two or more seats together you have to pay for that, then they ask you if you want to pay even more to be in the 'priority queue', then there's a charge to eat your own food on the plane and a fee to go to the toilet...what is it coming to!? we might as well just swim!

I was once booking Ryanair tickets and the price was 90 euro, I then started messing around clicking check flights and then going back and clicking check flights again. The price went up to 110 euro. I then looked at them again the next day and they were €90.

I think it may only work if there are a limited number of seats left.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:41 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:yeah but booking a Ryanair flight is insane. the 'cheap' flight is £10 or whatever, then they charge you internet booking fee, you have to pay to check in, there's another £20 to have a bag in the hold, if you want two or more seats together you have to pay for that, then they ask you if you want to pay even more to be in the 'priority queue', then there's a charge to eat your own food on the plane and a fee to go to the toilet...what is it coming to!? we might as well just swim!

I was once booking Ryanair tickets and the price was 90 euro, I then started messing around clicking check flights and then going back and clicking check flights again. The price went up to 110 euro. I then looked at them again the next day and they were €90.

I think it may only work if there are a limited number of seats left.

One of their "marketing strategies!" Website is designed so prices go up temporarily if the same I.P. address queries the same flights in a short period. Tries to get people to panic into thinking the price is going up, and buy at the higher price.

O'Leary's a genius! Twisted Evil
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down