GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any League of Ireland fans on here?

+13
black&white
Real Kerry Fan
OMAR
up.the.oak.trees
bocerty
clash-of-da-ash
6inarow
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
hurlingguru
Dr.Shephard
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Any League of Ireland fans on here? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any League of Ireland fans on here?

Post  mossbags Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:43 am

Dr.Shephard wrote:
mossbags wrote:Super Shams about to clinch the league here. A credit to the game

Hoof the ball up to Twigg. Some tactic.

When I was young and had no sense
i bought a fiddle for 18 pence
the only tune i did know
was fuk the bohs we won 4 in a row
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Any League of Ireland fans on here? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any League of Ireland fans on here?

Post  black&white Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:36 am

mossbags wrote:
Dr.Shephard wrote:
mossbags wrote:Super Shams about to clinch the league here. A credit to the game

i stole a fiddle and 18 pence
the only tune i did know

fixed.
keep it realistic for shams fans
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:03 pm

black&white wrote:
mossbags wrote:
Dr.Shephard wrote:

i stole a fiddle and 18 pence
the only tune i did know

fixed.
keep it realistic for shams fans

Laughing Laughing
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim
Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:34 pm

In scenes similiar to their inter-county footballers, the nerve of the Shamrock Rovers penalty takers failed them again in their hour of need today.
This appears to be an endemic malaise attaching itself to the sporting "warriors" of our capital city.....

Fair play to our neighbours on the banks of the Garavogue.....The Doc Sheperd is doubtless quaffing a "cheering cup" in Shoot the Crows as I type....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:28 am

Boxtyeater wrote:In scenes similiar to their inter-county footballers, the nerve of the Shamrock Rovers penalty takers failed them again in their hour of need today.
This appears to be an endemic malaise attaching itself to the sporting "warriors" of our capital city.....

Fair play to our neighbours on the banks of the Garavogue.....The Doc Sheperd is doubtless quaffing a "cheering cup" in Shoot the Crows as I type....

no, never drink there. Had a few quiet ones to calm down, headin to paddy power in the morning to collect and then beer 4 the week.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim
Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:38 am

Well done to the Bit o' Red and my heartfelt commiserations to ....... nah - **** it .. Razz C'mon Sligo!

ps Caught a lot of it on radio yesterday and Ger Canning was appaling. If I had a euro for every time he said 'Rovers' on the ball - thats Shamrock Rovers' - I'd be a wealthy man. Brutal!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:02 pm

C'mon Copenhagen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:11 pm

Well Puke - yet another embarrassing week for the League of Ireland both on and off the pitch. Rovers had a hard task, played well but came up short - Sligo couldn't capitalise on a great 0-0 away draw and conceded 2 goals in the first 18 minutes while Pats were humbled 3-1 - also by a Ukranian outfit. But the messing over Pats players' payment was the biggest joke - how TF could they be in a right frame of mind for that game - and made us a laughing stock. Even the fans held a banner 'For Love Not the Money'. Regardless of who was right or wrong it was embarrassing. How could you take this League seriously
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Well Puke - yet another embarrassing week for the League of Ireland both on and off the pitch. Rovers had a hard task, played well but came up short - Sligo couldn't capitalise on a great 0-0 away draw and conceded 2 goals in the first 18 minutes while Pats were humbled 3-1 - also by a Ukranian outfit. But the messing over Pats players' payment was the biggest joke - how TF could they be in a right frame of mind for that game - and made us a laughing stock. Even the fans held a banner 'For Love Not the Money'. Regardless of who was right or wrong it was embarrassing. How could you take this League seriously

Why are you addressing me with this post????????
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Why not?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Why not?

Because I have little interest in the LOI, i think you will find that my previous post was the first in this very thread
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:12 pm

The Puke wrote:

Because I have little interest in the LOI, i think you will find that my previous post was the first in this very thread

And now you have two ...

But fair enough ... unusual for you not to have a warped view on any subject ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
The Puke wrote:

And now you have two ...

But fair enough ... unusual for you not to have a warped view on any subject ....

The Clare junior league is the only soccer league in Ireland I care about
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:17 pm

My old team played in a mini topurnamenrt in Clare one Easter weekend. We had lads from Hermitage (Ennis) playing for us so they organised it. We beat Hermitage and went to Lahinch (I think) to play Ennistymon (Albion?) the next morning. I was too hungover to be bothered playing .... Can't even remember if we won but we probably did.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Not fond of Shamrock Rovers at all but taking Partisan Belgrade to ET in Serbia is some achievement - regardless of how it finishes. A win on penos would be amazing.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Not fond of Shamrock Rovers at all but taking Partisan Belgrade to ET in Serbia is some achievement - regardless of how it finishes. A win on penos would be amazing.

Typical Dublin comment. Any kind of a win, penos, toss of a coin. Whatever became of winning or playing with style or panache?

I'd hope for your sake penos don't come into it...Not your strong suit....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 pm

What would a Liatroim man know about winning?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:58 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:I'd hope for your sake penos don't come into it...Not your strong suit....

Rovers have gone 2-1 up in the 113th minute ..... with a peno! Amazing stuff!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Partizan Belgrade 1 - 2
AET Shamrock Rovers

Amazing well done the hoops
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:13 pm

mullins wrote:Partizan Belgrade 1 - 2
AET Shamrock Rovers

Into the group stages - hope they don't fook up with the money now like LoI clubs usually do.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mullins wrote:Partizan Belgrade 1 - 2
AET Shamrock Rovers

Into the group stages - hope they don't fook up with the money now like LoI clubs usually do.

Great lift for the League of Ireland,really happy for them shocked really.....If they are clever with the money could be the making of them.... cheers
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:50 pm

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Cd get Spurs, Stoke, Fulham, Birmingham - are L'pool in it too??? No Scots left - sh1te league
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Any League of Ireland fans on here? - Page 3 Empty Well Done Again The Hoops

Post  mullins Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:59 pm

This is why people follow sport you can always expect the unexpected

2243 Ok folks, we have to go but thanks for your messages on this special night.

It has been a long road for Shamrock Rovers. They have made the breakthrough and what a special time it will be for them. The club struggled for so long in stadiums that were so far from what could be called home. Hoops fans, this is your night.

On the greater scale, the domestic game can move forward. The bar is raised and it will be hard to not take note.

I don't think the League of Ireland has made Reeling in the Years before, Pat Sullivan will be moving like Jagger on a screen near you in the future.

Thanks for all your messages and well done Shams. See you for the group stages!

2241 From John Clarke on Twitter: "My Dad has supported Rovers since he was a boy and to see him jump around tonight was brilliant. LOI on the way up."

2239 From Sinbad the Sailor: "Well done Rovers. Amazing achievement considering they were homelss for so many years."

Bit rich Sinbad!

2238 The draw is at 12pm to confirm.

2237 "Galway United fan sitting in Spain following your updates.

"Amazing to see Shams go through, delighted for Irish football. To think this time last year Steve O'Donnell was a Galway United player and how far we've fallen since. Delighted for him and all the Shams fans."

Dermot

2235 "What an incredible win for the Hoops, as a Donegal man I am very proud of this wonderful instutition I followed as a youngster called Shamrock Rovers, they have done everyone proud on this little island of ours, the best of luck to them in the next draw of the Europa League."

Paddy Donagher

2232 Following your Rovers/Belgrade match commentary online - just checking the likely top seeds for tomorrow's draw.

"Seville, Roma, Rangers, Celtic, Panathinaikos, Spartak Moscow were all eliminated tonight, so the 12 top seeds in the draw look like being: Spurs, PSV, Atletico Madrid, Sporting Lisbon (still playing, late kickoff in Portugal), Sporting Braga, Schalke 04, Dynamo Kiev, PSG, Copenhagen, AZ Alkmaar, Anderlecht and Twente. With Fulham, Lazio and Udinese amongst the 2nd seeds.

Draw takes place at 2pm (irish time), in Monaco.

John in France

2230 Shamrock Rovers will arrive back in Dublin tomorrow to a heroes welcome. We'll have a full report shortly.

2227 "Sitting at work in a very warm Boston, following your excellent web commentary. This brings me back to all those freezing nights at Turner's Cross, in a crowd of 1500, and looking for signs of real progress in the domestic game."

"This is a fantastic achievement and Ireland as a nation should be roaring Rovers on in the group stages!"

John in Boston

2225 "It's been a long time coming. Irish clubs have steadily improved their performances in Europe over the past few seasons. Well done Rovers for showing all the LoI that it can be done."

Eoin

2225 "Really really massive congratulations to Rovers. great game, great victory. Just an epic night that will love long in my memory despite the fact that I'm a Drogheda fan who cold only get sketchy audio coverage from here in Louth! So proud of that club and this league right now. Can't wait to tell everyone that Ireland has a team in the Europa League this year!!!!! Fan-bloody-tastic!"

Fionnán Howard

2223 Well done Shamrock Rovers! I was there in Coruna when Shels went 40 mins away from the Champions League group stages. This is the next step, a huge step.

No Scottish teams in Europe, how the tables have turned.

Mark - A Shels fan

2222 "I'm a Bohs fan and I've got to say I'll be celebrating this as much as the rovers fans..they have done themselves and the country proud..what a night for Irish football!!"

Shea

2221 "Unreal feeling here tonight reading the game on RTE. So proud of them lads as a Tallaght native to see them making history and bringing it back to their new home town. Well done Rovers."

Kieran Mulholland

2218 Think all League of Ireland fans can rejoice tonight. Well done the hoops from a Cork City fan. Superb performance.

2217 "Well done the Hoops. Finally a new dawn that hasn't turned immediately to dreary rain. Wish it was Cork City, but what can you do. Proud to be Irish tonight."

Greg

2216 Fantastic night for Rovers and for Irish Domestic football, So proud of the lads and What a goal by Sullivan, Goal of the season.

Martin , Pats fan in Trim

2214 Well done to the Hoops. They've just shown Europe and Ireland for that matter the high standard of the League of Ireland. From David, Sligo Rovers fan in Boston, USA.

2213 As a kid from Kildare I dreamed that one day a league of Ireland time might do something great in Europe!! Nothing beats this. Rovers you have made your country proud tonight! Paul

2212 Great news for the League of Ireland, well done to Micheal O;Neill and Shamrock Rovers

From a delighted Drogheda United supporter

2211 "Unbelievable! Fantastic night for League of Ireland as both Celtic and Rangers crash out. Finn Harps fan and I was cheering on the Shams."

Declan McGrath

2210 I'm a Sligo Rovers fan but even I am proud of Shamrock Rovers' achievements tonight. Magical night for Irish football, we'll keep posting your messages.

2209 "I'm calling out your report to my 97-year-old father. It was his birthday today! He can't believe what's happening!!! Come on Shams."

Dermot

2208 Summer soccer pays off at last for Irish football. Well done to the Shams!

Ken in Tulsa

2208 A credit to see a home grown side storm Europe - proof the FAI Emerging Talent Programme/ Underage programme is working. Irish soccer is the winer here , giving the kids something to aspire to.

2207 "Magic, great night for Irish domestic football after all the past pain and near misses."

From Gary in Cork

2207 "Bray Wanderers fan getting the text feed in the office in Mexico. Best of luck Rovers."

John Coyle

2205 "Unbelievable..In Edinburgh where all Scottish clubs are eliminated before the group stages and here are the minnows from Ireland going through (without and sky money!!)...unbelievable."

Paul Harrington

2204 I love the way Celtic are one of the most popular clubs in Ireland. Which Hoops are in the Europa League?

2203 Hoops fans rejoicing, lets get to your tweets and e-mails as we take all that in.

2201 It is all over, Shamrock Rovers have done it! They have made the breakthrough that Ireland have waited for. Michael O'Neill and his players have done the nation proud.

SHAMROCK ROVERS ARE THROUGH TO THE GROUP STAGES OF THE EUROPA LEAGUE

Full-time: Partizan 1-2 Shamrock Rvs

120 min And we're in added-time. The Hoops bench are ready to celebrate. The 50 or so fans must be overcome with emotion. Big Dec, line up the pint bottles.

119 min Every football fan in the country is on the edge of their seat now and ready to celebrate. What a performance by Shamrock Rovers. We're in the final minute.

118 min That is it, Medo hits out at Sheppard. They are a beaten side
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:08 pm

Pat Sullivan was outstanding in the first leg and what a goal tonight!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next