GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland

+7
Dougal
JimWexford
RMDrive
mullins
3inarow08
Real Kerry Fan
Jayo Cluxton
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland Empty Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun May 16, 2010 11:16 pm

What a pathetic crowd in Semple Stadium today for the All Ireland champion's first defence of their title. 4,965 people turned up - many of whom were home fans. For all their success, Kerry fans are probably the ones that deserve it least. They never bother going to games unless its the Final. Yet when things are going wrong they are the most vocal - and the majority are surely armchair experts judging by the crowds they get. Paudi got into trouble for criticising them a few years back when he clearly had a point.

And how do the players feel when they line out to defend their crown - having put in so much effort - and see a handful of fans. Can you imagine Man Utd playing in front of 10,000 fans??

They make no effort, Kerry fans. Even in the qualifiers last year they followed their team nowhere - not even at home. But when the Dublin game came around they were everywhere. They disappeared again for the semi - but reappeared for the final. How many Kerry fans at the Final were at more than one other game in 2009? Very few I'd say! I admire the Kerry team - and especially Paul G - but because of their fans I do not like to see them winning anything. The fans don't deserve it.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland Empty Re: Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon May 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Sorry Jayo I was at the match. Kerry supporters outnumbered the Tipp ones. Poor effort from Tipp and spoke to few who were very dissappointed with their turnout. said that if played in Clonmel (football country) they would have got more. In the backdoor last year Kerry far outnumbered Antrim in Tullamore. Next on the agenda a full house in Killarney on 6th June. Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland Icon_smile
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue May 18, 2010 3:49 am

Hadn't Loyal something on here before about Dublin fans being the worst in the country for their poor attendance at a recent match?

Whose county is next???
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 8:34 am

I think it's very unfair to tar all Kerry fans with the same brush. There are many loyal Kerry fans who rarely miss a match, as RKF said there, he was at the match on Sunday. Every county has good and not so good fans, but by generalising all Kerry fans as the worst in Ireland, you're forgetting the genuine ones.

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue May 18, 2010 8:50 am

I think its unfair to single out Kerry for sunday -3 championship games and 6 counties and only 20,000 fans attended the games..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue May 18, 2010 9:00 am

I think the dubs should focus on why there were so few supporters at the U21 AI final before slagging other counties about support. Glass houses, pot and kettle and all that ...
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue May 18, 2010 9:35 am

Maybe its the downturn Rmd i hope Dublin v Wexford gets about 5,000 Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue May 18, 2010 9:35 am

Maybe its the downturn Rmd i hope Dublin v Wexford gets about 5,000 Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 18, 2010 10:13 am

RKF - to outnumber the other fans in a paltry crowd of 4,965 is not much to crow about! RMD - comparing U21 and senior is a tad disingenuous!

The point I am making is that Kerry's support - considering their ongoing and consistent success - is extremely poor. I am not knocking the likes of RKF - he goes to the games! Surely even himself and the other core 2 or 3 thousand Kingdom fans are disappointed with the support this great team gets from their own fans? Playing games in empty stadiums until the Final and then everyone turns up and acts like they are the greatest Kerry supporter ever. Yes you can say Carlow or Clare or even Tipperary don't get huge support - but they don't have the success Kerry have.

That's why I think Kerry are the worst supporters.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 10:23 am

They may have become bored of winning Jayo No As with all counties there are fairweather supporters. Dublin have them, Meath have them, Kerry have them etc.

The support for Dublin at the U-21 match was disappointing. I remember the 2006 U21 All-Ireland and half of Mayo were there, not just for the final, but for the semi's too. For that reason, I could conclude that Dublin are the most fairweather-inclined supporters in Ireland, when it comes to underage of course!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 18, 2010 10:28 am

Compare like with like please. You cannot compare underage and senior matches. I would have thought that given that we more or less fill Croker - or anywhere else - for C'ship games - despite no Sam since 1995 makes Dublin by far the best supporters.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue May 18, 2010 10:51 am

Like everything in this world Jayo, there's two sides to every story. I'm in Australia and I would have gone to the game had I been home. I'm going to try and give reasons/excuses why there is/was a small attendance.

1. This game was on television. I think it was, wasn't it? A lot of people watching it at home (armchair fans).
2. Kerry v Tipp in the first round of the Munster Championship is hardly the most glamorous of fixtures now, is it? I'd say nearly every one of our Division 1 league matches had a higher attendance.
3. A lot of people wait for/only attend the Kerry v Cork game in Munster.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 18, 2010 10:56 am

3inarow08 wrote:1. This game was on television. I think it was, wasn't it? A lot of people watching it at home (armchair fans).
2. Kerry v Tipp in the first round of the Munster Championship is hardly the most glamorous of fixtures now, is it?

Thats my whole argument ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue May 18, 2010 11:02 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
3inarow08 wrote:1. This game was on television. I think it was, wasn't it? A lot of people watching it at home (armchair fans).
2. Kerry v Tipp in the first round of the Munster Championship is hardly the most glamorous of fixtures now, is it?

Thats my whole argument ....

I don't think the above would make them the "worst" fans in Ireland. Substitute Kerry for any other county and their respective circumstances and you'd get a similar attendance.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 18, 2010 11:09 am

Weak lad - weak. One of my main points is that Kerry are not 'like any other county' - they are the reigning (almost perennial) champions. We are told football is a religion in Kerry - perhaps like the Catholic faith people aren't bothered practising anymore. Championship attendances for Dublin never waver - whether glamourous, televised or whatever.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue May 18, 2010 11:16 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Weak lad - weak. One of my main points is that Kerry are not 'like any other county' - they are the reigning (almost perennial) champions. We are told football is a religion in Kerry - perhaps like the Catholic faith people aren't bothered practising anymore. Championship attendances for Dublin never waver - whether glamourous, televised or whatever.

I nearly choked! Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland Icon_razz

1. First game is against Wexford in Croker is it? Expecting 83,000 are we? Best of luck with that. Let me know if you see a tout in Drumcondra! Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland Icon_rolleyes Probably 50-60,000, of which Wexford will have at least 5,000. Championship attendances do waver for Dublin, like every other county - starts out small and increases the further into the Summer you go.
2. You can't compare Dublin's attendance with others. You were on earlier about comparing like with like (senior v u21), time for a dose of your own medicine. Dublin's population is 1.3 million. Kerry's is 140,000.
3. The reigning champions counts for little down here. That was last year, this is this year.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

We never have less than 55k - first round even. Yes last year was last year, this year is this year. In other words - "f**k it lads, let them off to play all over the country and if they get to the Final in September, then we'll support them". Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland Icon_rolleyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue May 18, 2010 11:34 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:We never have less than 55k - first round even. Yes last year was last year, this year is this year. In other words - "f**k it lads, let them off to play all over the country and if they get to the Final in September, then we'll support them". Kerry - Worst fans in Ireland Icon_rolleyes

Who you talking about - Dublin or Kerry?
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 11:47 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Compare like with like please. You cannot compare underage and senior matches. I would have thought that given that we more or less fill Croker - or anywhere else - for C'ship games - despite no Sam since 1995 makes Dublin by far the best supporters.

Would you call showing up late to your county's games with the excuse of being in the pub typical behaviour of ''Ireland's best supporters?!?'' The reason why Croke Park is filled every Summer for Dublin matches is simply because Dublin have a bigger population, and Croke Park is right on their doorstep.

And the reason why I give the title of Ireland's most fairweather supporters to Dublin, is because of their 'couldn't care less' attitude to attending underage games. They only support their county partially by going to Senior games. You should have seen the amount of Mayo and Down fans at the Minor match last year-incredible. That's what I call real county supporters, ones who encompass Minors and U-21 matches in their field of support, as well as Seniors. Of course, I won't generalise too much, there are some great Dublin supporters out there!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 18, 2010 11:54 am

More typical nonsense unworthy of comment.

Right lets leave Dublin out of it - compare Mayo fans to Kerry fans then. Mayo fans turn up in their droves for the League and Championship - despite not having won since 1951 - and having had some appalling experiences in Croke Park. They still follow their team. Kerry fans don't - despite winning every other year.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue May 18, 2010 11:58 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:More typical nonsense unworthy of comment.

Right lets leave Dublin out of it - compare Mayo fans to Kerry fans then. Mayo fans turn up in their droves for the League and Championship - despite not having won since 1951 - and having had some appalling experiences in Croke Park. They still follow their team. Kerry fans don't - despite winning every other year.

That's right, ignore that big elephant in the room Jayo.........

Right, if we are to compare Kerry fans versus Mayo fans, then I would say that Mayo fans attend games in bigger numbers. I actually think Mayo fans are the best in the country.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 18, 2010 12:04 pm

3inarow08 wrote:Right, if we are to compare Kerry fans versus Mayo fans, then I would say that Mayo fans attend games in bigger numbers. I actually think Mayo fans are the best in the country.

Grand - I win this argument ....

ps Triona - not ignoring any elephant in any room. If it wasn't for the Dublin fans the GAAs financial picture would be a lot bleaker and that is a fact (no caps!)
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 pm

No, Jayo, it's not nonsense. You think you can criticise other counties fans, but won't accept it when it's your own fans that are criticised. It's not so sweet when your own county are given the title which includes the phrase 'the worst in Ireland'. You made a sweeping generalising statement Jayo, and that's what I'm picking you up on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 18, 2010 12:15 pm

I stand over my opinion that Kerry fans are the worst in the country. I am basing this on the fact that they are the most successful county in GAA football history yet the level of support that turns up to watch them (until finals), year on year, is pathetic. This is nothing to do with Dublin - who should only have crowds of about 10,000 due to their chronic lack of success.

Compare them to Armagh, Tyrone or Wexford or Donegal.

Aside from a core of 2/3,000 fans, Kerry supporters do not deserve the success they get.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue May 18, 2010 5:32 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:

No, Jayo, it's not nonsense. You think you can criticise other counties fans, but won't accept it when it's your own fans that are criticised. It's not so sweet when your own county are given the title which includes the phrase 'the worst in Ireland'. You made a sweeping generalising statement Jayo, and that's what I'm picking you up on.

Essie who gave us that name (the worst in ireland)?
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next